Options

On The Wagon For January

Comments

• Options

Me too Kev...9 lbs off now...image

• Options

Well done GFB!

Off for a 6 mile hike now around the local reservoir. 

Glad the weather is dry for a change. 

• Options

Last weekend nearly over. 

Yesterday's 6 miler turned in to a nice 9 miler, so pleased with that effort. 

Awful weather here in West Wales at the moment - glad I went yesterday. 

Hope everyone is doing well - 5 days to go!

• Options

Weather pretty grim here also Kev. This mornings 7 miler was a struggle to be honest knee started giving me grief after about 3 miles and got progressively worse. Added to the driving wind and rain it was not much fun. Still, at least. I had a clear head! Always look on the bright side etc.......

• Options

Evening. Weather is so grim it's driven me to join the gym! First visit tomorrow. 

on the home run now!

• Options
    JeremyGJeremyG ✭✭✭

Did 18 in the rain yesterday, thoroughly miserable! Roast beef for dinner and I nearly cracked. Will get Thames trot done Saturday then me and OH will be out for dinner and wine!

• Options

January nearly done. Feb next thenimage

• Options

Evening

I've had the sort of day that should have sent me hunting for the corkscrew and a bottle of red. Instead I opted for the comfort of chip shop fish and chips. A sort of fail for me cos I'm supposed to be low carbing image, however, it was the lesser of two evils.

I had (and am) considering a 100 day challenge, cos that should get me back to a decent weight and fitness. I'm going to a wedding in less than two weeks though. My brothers will be there and they do like to sink a few, I'm considering taking the day off for that day and hopping back on the next day. We shall see. When I've been dry before when training for  something specific, I take great delight in being entertained by the drinkers around me, you spot things that bypass you when you are 'in your cups' yourself. I'll wait and see how I am on the day I think.

Well done to all those who are sticking it out. As for those who have slipped, well, it's not the end of the world and you can always start again anytime image

• Options
    JeremyGJeremyG ✭✭✭

Think a one off fish and chips is ok - I hope so as I had that Friday! 
    Sadly I haven't lost much weight, some great results by everyone here.
    I shall hop off the wagon Saturday and then on Sunday to next race 9th March. Luckily Feb is a short month and I will spend 2 weeks offshore anyway!

• Options

I am definately going for 100 days.  Empty calories that serve no purpose - I hope I actually do it image

• Options

Day 28 - so far so good.
    The biggest change I have noticed is that I'm sleeping much MUCH better - deeper sleeping and no getting up in the middle of the night. To be honest, despite previously liking a 'good' drink I don't really miss it..... that being said my goal is to stay dry until after VLM.

Keep up the good work guys  image

• Options

Well done everyone!!  i honestly didn't think I could go the whole month (best Jan effort before being 2 weeks) - and although I have no plans to give up for good (or even q00 days...respect to you guys!!) I do feel my whole attitude has changed (I didn't even miss it on Sunday)  time will tell - we're off on a business trip next weekend which usually involved a lot of wining and dining...image

• Options

Well done everyone - some great stories.

The finishing line is in sight.

Reviewing my month. I've been to:

• A rugby match
    • A football match
    • Spent three nights in a hotel with work
    • Had meals out with Mrs RK in a British and an Indian Restaurant

And haven't really missed drinking.

I'm also sleeping better and have lost weight.

So I'm determined not to go back to drinking on the weekends 'out of habit' - I've proved above that I don't NEED do it and seen the benefits of NOT doing it.

We're going to friends for drinks and dinner on Feb 8th so I'll have a drink then and other 'special' occasions.

• Options

Good plan RK. the only time I have really struggled this month was on Sunday, after 3 weeks off! Think it was just because everyone else decided it was beer or wine time and for a few minutes I really minded not having one. However, it didn't last and I was mightily relieved to have withstood the temptation!

33 days for me so far and am not sure I'm in a hurry to start again. I'm sleeping like a log and feeling great!

Well done all.

• Options

Day 31 is upon us! Well done all who have stuck with it.

• Options

Well done everyone!!  (I didn't think I'd do it...I lasted two weeks last year and moaned every day...image )

I'm "allowing" myself a glass when I want it now...let's see how that goes...image

Weighed in this morning...another 3lbs off this week...that's 12 in total...image

• Options

Well done everyone! We managed it - have to say, it was a lot easier than last year.

• Options

Contratulations everyone

I have decided to do 100 days so tomorrow will be 30% of the way through

• Options

Great weight loss GFB!

No BI, it wasn't too bad was it. 

Go Maddy!

Another weekend off for me and look forward to a few drinks at our friends next weekend. 

• Options

My wagon is still rolling along, all four wheels intact image

• Options

Well done all. Had a couple of beers last night, was quite restrained ( too knack erred after thames trot! ) glass of wine tonight then back on

• Options

Hi all

had a couple this weekend, but to be honest I now feel like I have let myself down. Back on and heading for the 100 day target (albeit with a weekend off for good behaviour!).

• Options

I had a couple of glasses of white wine last night...I didn't enjoy it half as much as I thought I would...and I feel kinda crap today compared to how I was feeling...hmmm...I'll have to rethink this...definitely none this week - but heading away for work this weekend coming which normally entails a lot of wining and dining...image

• Options

I wsa struggling with the idea of 100 days during last week which worried me - now I am OK about it

what is it? 42 days to break a habit??

• Options

In that case Maddy 42 days will be up next week!

• Options

That's what they say Maddy. I really didn't feel good about having had a drink at the weekend, and am back with renewed determination. Am generally feeling better, sleeping better and have lost a few lbs, so it must be worth sticking with it.

• Options

Definitely so ff

• Options

I rather rashly entered a middle distance tri yesterday so might stay off until after the race inJune - I thought it was 5 months away but on recalculations its actually 4.  Now the bike won't be a problem but the swim and run are something I will be returning to after quite a long break ermm better get at least on eof each done htis week then

• Options

Well done Maddy.

This weekend will be a test. We are going to friends to watch the rugby and staying for dinner on Saturday - so I've decided to have a treat and have a drink. Real test is now that I'm having a 'night off' will it turn in to a weekend off?

• Options

Good Luck Kev

Maybe you could take some alcohol free stuff of your own