Options

Friday 26th January 2007

124»

Comments

• Options
    Good thinking
    Friday - 20 miles steady on fixed
    Saturday - 60 miles some steady, some tempo, some fast with a group of others on fixed.

Awful lot of Bristol Rovers fans in town as I rode back - hopefully they'll be going back disappointed but they've certainly turned up in numbers.
  • Options
    Good thinking
    Friday - 20 miles steady on fixed
    Saturday - 60 miles some steady, some tempo, some fast with a group of others - still on fixed but should be back on gears soon hopefully.

Awful lot of Bristol Rovers fans in town as I rode back - hopefully they'll be going back disappointed but they've certainly turned up in numbers.
  • Options
    I did a really hard track session last night, 400,600,800,1000,1200,1000,800,600,400 8k altogether, going to do an easy 6 this afternoon, bringing weekly mileage to 51,
  • Options
    Blisters, managing continuous 60 milers is an achievement - well done.

What :- 3 miles tready ramping speed, then 7 miles in the forest doing speedwork and hills - was able to get in some decent quality which was good. Saturday is the end of my week, 61 d&d. Step back to 45 next week - and that will take a bit of GYAOTD as I am travelling.
  • Options
    Runnersworld seems messed up *again* today....

What: A 6 mile warm up (run there) followed by my first WCTT outing - not as muddy (today at least) as I'd been led to expect - in fact....it was gorgeous!
    Why: Second run of the week for me...
    Lyrics: Nope

Sorry I'm not posting or reading much.

Really good news from Camp Hollywood is 1) I have been paid for the first time in 18 months :o) (but now I've got lots of work to get on with), and 2) after resting my injured ankle for 2 weeks it now feels 100% - I will still be sensible and build back on it gently but I'm really glad it's not totally knackered.

Nice to see some of the regular names posting - and nice to see new names as well... Have fun all!
  • Options
    Hi Hollywood, glad to see you are ok.

What: 4 miles easy
    Why: test hip, felt ok so I guess I will be running long tomorrow. To say what that would be will only jinx it so I wont :-)
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

Strange goings on with threads not working etc.!

What: 10 miles
    Why: half-mara training
    Last hard: today, I suppose
    Last rest: yesterday

Today's long run felt really good - 10 miles with the second 5 about 2 minutes quicker than the first (and it was two loops of the same 5 miles, so it is a valid comparison). Aiming for average pace of 8:40 and achieved average pace of 8:36. Can't complain about that.

Did two laps because a group of friends said they'd be out there and I thought company for the first lap would be nice. But were they there? Guess.

Hip hurting now, though, which is a bit of a nuisance.
  • Options
    Ah well, this will have to be the fri/sat thread then indeed...

Good progress on many fronts, Hollywood.

Enjoyed meeting Hippo and Cath (and loads of non-daily threading forumites) yesterday at London social.

What: rehydrating after social & easy 6 miles with JennyD d&d.
    Why: being sociable
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: wednesday
  • Options
    Oh, crikey, I'm confused!

What: 60 ish miles taking in as many hills as possible - out from Nottingham and out to Alport Heights and Wirksworth via a rather convulted route and back via Shottle and Milford. Did the last 15 miles at tempo pace just to see if I can still make myself suffer (I can)
    Why: Base building
    LAst rest: Wedensday
    Last hard: today
    Nice and quiet on the roads today due to local teams playing in cup matches :-)

Have fun everyone
  • Options
    Took me a while to work this out!

What: an hour on the Mountain Bike
    Why: cross training / fun
    Last hard: thurs
    Last rest: fri

Train well all.
  • Options
    A long lie in, due to new and comfy bed, plus the fact that I needed the kip. A hard day digging in the garden. Just as it got to the time when I wanted to go out, my 11 y/o managed to vaporise. Completely vanished. Not at any of her friends. Bl**dy furious I was. Not a word as to where she's gone. The aliens that took her didn't even leave scorch marks where they parked the spaceship. I was just about to leave the house locked up when she re-materialised on the drive, with 6 friends, but only two that I recognised.

9 seconds of running.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Confused.......... very much....

What 6.5m
    why - recovery
    Last hard - thurs
    last rest - mon

Take care
  • Options
    Blisters, that could have been quite scarely for you. Aren't you doig the XC races this year. I spied lots of severn runners at the Midland champs this afternoon.

What: c 7ml inc a very long 6k XC; later: a recovery run
    Why: cos the race was there and I like competing against the same women several times in the season to see how I'm doing.

Any thoughts about words for mud ? Like the Eskimos have lots of words for snow, XC runners should have a whole vocab to describe different types of mud. Todays was thick and gluey, so that it was hard to lift ones feet out of it, but one's legs weren't covered in it by the end, whereas last race the mud was much wetter and easier to run through, and everyone ended up covered in mud up to their knees.
  • Options

Okay, took me a while to work out what was happening. Hangover and cold doesn't help.

What: enforced rest.
    Why: cold (now deposited nicely in chest)
    Last rest: Thursday & Friday
    Last hard: Wednesday.

• Options
    I feel for you, Blisters, having experienced the Teleporting Tweenie situation more times than I care to think about, though only two of my children, the oldest and the youngest, seemed to have that particular ability to defy the laws of physics.

Today ...

What: Some low-intensity, high-rep upper-body work.
    In the form of: Belaying for kids at the climbing wall.
    Last hard: Yesterday.
    Last rest: Today. And it really is a common-sense override. I'd love to go for a run, but there's one rest day a week in the schedules and I'm going to take it.
  • Options
    totally confused!!!

What: North of England xc champs at Heaton Park Manchester. Undulating course with some really boggy and shin deep mud. Course was suppose to be 12k but more like just over 10.3k

Ran a steady 1st lap and then picked up on the 2nd and finished the 3rd quite strong passing quite a few runners and none passing me. Some left in the tank so might do a 2 hr run in the morning. Ran a time of 41.54 dont know my place yet as the results are not yet on the web.

Have a good weekend one and all.
  • Options
    What: 3 miles easy
    Why: small race tomorrow
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: 27 days
  • Options
    Seems RW has a few prob today.

Blisters - that must have been so worrying. Little horrors! I suspect she's realised now that she should check out with dad first?

Well long slow run all done. And boy was it slow! But furthest I've run in around 18 months.

What: 14.5 miles in the mud
    Why: long run
    Last Hard: pulling my heels out of the mud
    Last Rest: Yesterday as we went to the pub and ate food instead of going to the gym! :0)

What a plonker I am!

TMR - Thanks for your post as I now know why my lower legs are on fire and can't believe I did not think of this prior to my run. Thick and very heavy mud today which heels just sink into never to be seen again until you pull like h*ll to suck them out.

So it's no wonder really that my achilles decided to flare up and complain. Legs swollen, so ice, elevation and anti infams for them as very sore. Lesson learnt - doh!

• Options
    Evening all,

What: Day off
    Why: Rest day
    Last rest: Monday
    Last hard: Thurs

Lovely day just relaxing; roll on tomorrow !!!
  • Options
    HI all,

no time to read back today.

What: 3 hours 20 long ride, just over 52 miles. Should have been 3 hours, but there was a killer headwind on the way home!
    Why: IM training
    Most sore part: triceps (no idea why)

Good runnings all.
  • Options
    Didn't even realise it was a combined thread! Shows how on the ball I am.
  • Options
    Hello all just popping in for a change

how is everyone as dont post as much as would like but to busy at work..

hope to see a few people at either wokingham half or bramley or fleet or FLm

Angelis
  • Options
    Evening everyone,

Good to see you Angelis - will probably bump into you at a few races later this year (if I get my act together).

Scoobs - well done in the long run. Take it easy now...

What: 2 miles
    Why: calf felt a lot better, so went for a VERY easy jog. Was ready to switch to run/walk if necessary, but no need.

Good luck to anyone racing tomorrow.
  • Options
    Wow - Scooby - you must be fully recovered to do 14.5 miles in the mud!

Good 5k there Gobi!

Good pay day Holly!

What: 15 miles with group - good solid run.

Good luck to all the racers out there.
  • Options
    Evening peeps.

Totally conused this morning re todays forum, so gave up !

What: 45 mins steady on grass running whilst younger sons team got hammered 7-0. And they were lucky to get the nil !

Hope all the racers ran well today.
    Rest day tomorrow.

Hope forum's working tomorrow RW.

Night peeps.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I had 2 goes last night to start the thread who knows what happened

What: 20 miles
    Why: Base
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest 8 days
  • Options