Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Oh and anyone looking for great pasta in the montmartre area should check out Al Caratello. One of the best pasta dishes I've had, great wee place.
  • Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that DLR, hope the family are ok.
  • Options

Kaz: If you want, you can borrow my portable kettle. I've got one in my hotel room. That's stupid, you shouldn't have to boil water in a pot! Are you doing breakfast run tomorrow? We can sort it then, if you like.

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭
    Was glad to get away from work, now packing repacking and packing again. Excitement is making my brain go a bit fuzzy!

Everyone having an easy pass through the Expo makes me think I'm going to be stuck in a queue tomorrow.
  • Options

RR: I gave them a copy of my medical certificate, which they kept.

JB: Did they just do a temporary filling when you went in the first time? If so, I'd be making sure that they don't double charge you...if they were concerned about root viability, they should have just dressed the tooth with a temporary filling to make sure it settled down first. 

• Options
    TrevO wrote (see)
    Was glad to get away from work, now packing repacking and packing again. Excitement is making my brain go a bit fuzzy!

Everyone having an easy pass through the Expo makes me think I'm going to be stuck in a queue tomorrow.

Nah, it'll be platinum. They've got lots of space set aside for the med cert check, and then again for each time category and corresponding bib numbers, they're well sign-posted and there were lots of volunteers.

(She says, sounding ever so blase - never mind the tantrums she's been throwing all week!)

• Options
    MM - are you sure??? when would I get it back to you??
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your news DLR, very sad indeed. image

Ere TD, any chance there is a spare seat at this soiree tomorrow night for a latecomer... I'll be on my best behaviour?! No worries if not...
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

DLR - that sucks!!  hugs to your wife and maybe you if you're good.

My new long-sleeved top didn't turn up image so I might be purchasing at the expo.  NEVER thought I'd be wearing a top that wasn't tried and tested for a marathon but it's the same as my short sleeved ones so should be okay...and random stream of consciousness done.

So we're a kettle exchange forum now.  nice. I like it.image

RR - See you at the station!!

Kaz - time for you to be the queen until sunday.  I hope you've strongly instructed them about the pre-marathon rules!

• Options

Radar Sal- Did my email come through?

I am so confused on what to wear. I am living just 2 hours (by car) south of Paris, but it is still so hard to judge how hot/cold I will feel when running at race effort. I hate being too hot, but realy hate being too cold! I am thinking shorts, compression socks, tank, arm warmers, and gloves. Debating about adding a long sleeve layer under the tank. I do have tights and a long-sleeve that I will wear in the starting area.

• Options
    RS - They are being really good!! Eldest gave me the full lecture tonight about having a proper meal,/and getting back early to rest......she reckons she doesnt want a repeat o Amsterdam ;S!! Youngest, at this moment is questioning the suitability of my bed.......its actually quite sweet if I could stop laughing at her! And now shes prattling on about eating before the breakfast run tomorrow..............bloody heck.......
  • Options
    kaz1 wrote (see)
    MM - are you sure??? when would I get it back to you??

Absolutely! It's only a little portable one that I grabbed from M&S at the last minute last week. You can either keep it and shout me a croissant sometime, or shove it in the post - it doesn't weigh much. Where are you staying?

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Runksmith - think it was you I just sent out the guide to...email me again if it hasn't arrived.

as to what to wear...put on a few layers and if you get your supporters to be at the first spot on the guide you can throw stuff to them there, if it's too hot.  A long-sleeved top should sit around your waist for a few kms if you get too hot.

• Options

Thanks folks - just fussing now. Ran out of toner, so nice man downstairs has obliged with a copy for me image.

TheEngineer (no longer slow)! Where have you been hiding?! I take it you're running this year then?

• Options

Can anybody point me in the direction of the mobile notification service? I think somebody mentioned it was via the ASO website, but I'll be blowed if I can find it? (And very helpfully the app is not available in the Australian app store so none of the folks 'down under' can track me - hang on, maybe that's a good thing!).

• Options
    Thank You MM, Then i can get waited on tomorrow night!!! Staying in Montmatre, What about you?
  • Options

RR - handed over a copy of my medcert, no questions asked (I had original in bag just in case) and they kept that.

Pasta and meatballs eaten, in bed already.  Sleep well everyone!

• Options
    ClagClag ✭✭✭
    DLR - really sorry to hear your tragic news. Thinking of you & your family.
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear that, DLR image

Monkfish and cheesecake for dinner. Fab. Now about to be lounging in bed.

Which one of you met Febo on the plane from Birmingham this afternoon?
  • Options

I'm in the 8th, near St Augustin's Church (between the Arc and Gare St Lazare). Maybe we can walk back from breakfast run together via my hotel?

You may look a little odd carrying it on the breakfast run...though at this point, nothing really would surprise me!

• Options
    Nite Nite everyone, Sleep well! See you Tomorrow!
  • Options

Now hang on. I was on the plane from Birmingham at 12.10 (so technically this afternoon). There were definitely runners on there and the man behind me was saying to his wife that he couldn't believe how long ago it felt like that he'd run 20 miles...either he's one if the Proclaimers, or a runner.

• Options
    Sorry to hear your news DLR, very sad.

I'm totally shattered so early to bed for a good night sleep. Heel giving some pain after too much standing about but hopefully ok to do the breakfast run tomorrow with mrs mac. And I didn't take any long sleeved running tops. How stupid was that ....
  • Options
    MM - That would be ace. Thanx.
  • Options
    Denis Duret wrote (see)
    MM Does this help?
    http://www.asochallenges.com/home?destination=/myevent/marathon-de-paris

Bless you my child! That's right, this is the stupid website that I can't remember my password for, but it won't let me reset the password without remembering the old one...

What time are you aiming for Denis? I always think your name looks so lonely under 'Preferential'.image And I'm nosy...image

Your suggestion of the 42km mark as a good spot to speed up (a while back now) still makes me chuckle!

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Sorry about he news DLR. sudden loss is always so sad.

Lovely dinner with DV tonight and MrsD.

Iain, Eggy, MM - 2 pm meetup at the Arc, find a movie close by (there are many), then back to the Arc for the pre pasta meet?
  • Options
    Dannirr - absolutely, 2pm, right leg, with back to the Chanps ??lys??es?
  • Options

Dannirr, IM, Eggy - I'll be there!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)
    Dannirr - absolutely, 2pm, right leg, with back to the Chanps ??lys??es?

I think we should set up a stand there.