Comments

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Bev. Are you drunk?

I

• Options

hmmm seems to be time for some more carbs image

• Options

Last post on this thread,  so very, very good luck to each and every one of you!

• Options

Señor Spam, my memory didn't serve me well, I did Abingdon in 2010 not 2011 so we were a whole 12 months apart!!

i am travelling to Chester tomorrow so I can spend more time there as it's such a lovely place image

• Options

Good luck Tim! 

See you on the other side image

• Options

My next run will be a 20mile warm up for a hard 10k. But as I'm sharing the pacing of the 4:45 fun bus it's going to be fun fun fun all the way. Join our bus image

i enjoyed a little jog up and down Sandy lane from Huntingdon tonight no hill ( fresh legs). I think the only reason I remember a hill was that my first time on the route was only 14days after Berlin marathon 2011, and with Ultra Dunc s help I ran a minute slower than Berlin. Only 3 more sleeps now....

• Options
    SGB1953SGB1953 ✭✭✭

I'm staying in a hotel close to the racecourse on Saturday night.  That's great of course, but I'm not sure they'll be so keen on providing me with a large breakfast of cereals etc at about 6:30am, when I should be eating it.  Does anyone have any ideas of where there is near to the start of the race where I could get the right sort of breakfast on Sunday at 6:30am?

• Options
    Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭
    Don't understand the logic of taking only 4 gels every half hour after starting for those aiming for sub4, you'll need the gels the most in the second half and physiologically in the last 6 miles. I think about it by the mile.

Think I'll being having my sis go gels after miles 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 24 with a sub 3:44 target. Or there abouts, maybe one at mile 7 instead of 10. It breaks the race down that way giving you something to look forward to.
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

I'll be having one of those instant pots of porridge for my breakfast...I'll be in Premier Inn South.

• Options

Yes 2 pots instant porridge in travel lodge warrington road!! And a croissant? 

• Options

I'll be taking a bowl of muesli which seems to work well for me.  Goes with milk from a carton that spends the night on the window sill keeping cold and secured by a shoe lace attached to a shoe on the inside of the winow.

• Options

15w - Stomach ache at Loch Ness was probably down to pre run meal of pasta with too creamy a sauce which did didn't do me any favours come race day.

5.5m run tonight at steady pace as legs are recovering from Ealing HM last Sunday, all good so may do same tomorrow with 3m on Saturday when in Chester.       

Am feeling more confident about Sunday as week goes on ,need to sort out gels though, is there a pre-race thingy on Saturday as not gone through details in race pack closely .

• Options

Automatic updates on facebook and twitter.  Has anyone done it?

I'd like my family to be able to see where I'm up to.  

The sign up seems difficult and counterintuitive - perhaps cause I was using firefox rather than microsoft browser.. I thought I'd done the facebook on OK but I'm not confident, and can't see any confirmation that I did it correctly. Is there any way to check?  Twitter feed want me to authorise an app that has full access to my twitter account.  Seems a bit intrusive. 

• Options

sgb...  ask the hotelier if he or she can do something.... they're usually accommodating.

if note, there's a tescos on sealand road, five mins walk from  the racecourse entrance and holiday inn express...  in the direction away from city.  Open until midnight on satruday.

• Options

Runny knows - I managed to do it fairly easily using safari. I used the 'sign in with facebook' bit then just typed my name and selected ON image

• Options
    SGB1953SGB1953 ✭✭✭

Runny Knows/ Bellabee - Thanks for breakfast/ Facebook info.  

What actually happens on the day?  How will my wife be able to find my times from this?  I'm not very good at Facebook!

• Options

I'd like my understanding confirmed...  I think, your progress will be posted on your facebook page - when you cross matts at 10, 20,30 &40K  and also half-way and finish... so if she looks at her facebook (assuming she's one of your facebook friends!), she should see it.

• Options

Good luck to everyone taking part on Sunday, hope each and every one of you has a great run... then come and the Liverpool Half Marathon in March!!image

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Morning all. Can't you track via their website tracking thingy - no need to do the twitter/facebook thing?

I'm going to a Brewers Fayre next to the prem inn sat night...as close to our hotel and has a fun play bit for the kid...but their menu is just the generic menu you get everywhere. Only pasta they have is lasagne or macaroni. I am actually thinking of going for the chicken tikka masala...bit risky maybe...but more carbs less fat than mac+cheese or lasagne I reckon.

Alternatively I could just have a burger and chips.

Worry worry.

Also out for a meal with work lunchtime today...similar menu.

No running today. Cycling to work though.

Kev - don't think there is a pre race thingy on sat. The course and facilities are open sat afternoon though. What is your worry about gels?

• Options

I could have sworn I saw something about a pretty race menu at one of the restaurants local to the race course on Saturday night...I think it was £15 a head. Same restaurant was offering a discount off your bill post race if you ate there and showed your medal... Might be worth checking the website or the race pack.

As for the tracking service, I've signed up for both twitter and Facebook. I've also emailed the link to the online tracker interface to a few people. The most recent email from Chris and Andy mentioned about a 'Tweet Wall' at the course so should be pretty cool.

I do think that Tel could 'tidy up' the sign up page a bit its not the clearest, plus an Option to email the link to the online tracker would be handy.  that I think its a superb service and a great way to allow people to keep track on your progress.

• Options

So what type of thing are people eatig to load up on carbs, I had carbonara last night with sandwiches for lunch and porridge for breakie. Tonight I've got salomn and brown rice and I'll have some pasta tomorrow. It's the lunch times I'm struggling with and snacks

• Options

15w - Thanks for that , will need to find somewhere buy some gels in Chester

• Options

I knew I'd seen it somewhere..This is what Chris and Andy sent out on the email on September 26th....

Head to Blackhouse Grill and Carb Up!

The Blackhouse Grill on Newgate Street in Chester will be offering up a carb loaded menu on Saturday 5th October to help you store away the energy you need for race day.

Check out their Marathon Carb loading menu by clicking here.

You'll also have the chance to 'Meet the Organisers' if you pop in on the Saturday evening from 7pm as we'll be there getting ourselves ready for the following day too.  Feel free to come on over and say hello, it'd be great to see you.

The Grill will also be open from 9am on Race Day morning and will be manning a drinks station at the 12 mile mark.

Finally, if you want a treat after your run, you will get 20% off the food bill for your whole party if you present your medal on Sunday night.  Click here to book a table online.

We'd like to thank them for their support and we hope you'll join us on the Saturday.

The menu when you download it is between 4pm and 7pm, £15 per head and consists of:

CHOOSE FROM:
    --------------------------------------------
    PAPPADELLE INVERNA
    THAI CHICKEN CURRY
    KOBE LASAGNE
    With garlic bread
    LAMB HOTPOT

• Options
    ChomskiChomski ✭✭✭

People may be having difficutly with the online tracker because one of the links on the website is directing people to the 2012 site (http://track.rtrt.me/help?event=TDL-CHESTERM-2012).

You should use the 2013 link - http://track.rtrt.me/help?event=TDL-CHESTERM-2013

Still feeling lethargic with two days to go! 5 mile recovery run with strides this morning. Maybe it's because it's very humid in London today but I was dripping with sweat at the end. Been like this since Sunday, hopefully it's not the signs of a cold or worse!

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

morning all. Can't you track via their website tracking thingy - no need to do the twitter/facebook thing?

I'm going to a Brewers Fayre next to the prem inn sat night...as close to our hotel and has a fun play bit for the kid...but their menu is just the generic menu you get everywhere. Only pasta they have is lasagne or macaroni. I am actually thinking of going for the chicken tikka masala...bit risky maybe...but more carbs less fat than mac+cheese or lasagne I reckon.

Alternatively I could just have a burger and chips.

Worry worry.

Also out for a meal with work lunchtime today...similar menu.

No running today. Cycling to work though.

Kev - don't think there is a pre race thingy on sat. The course and facilities are open sat afternoon though. What is your worry about gels?

15 West   i am also  staying at the travelodge there   have done every year since they put this marathon on

• Options

CHOMSKI.... WELL SPOTTED, YOU STAR !!!   image

That is exactly (half) the problem.   They've got a bad link on there.  I have wasted ages... and it's not like it's an obvious broken link...  it takes you to an authentic looking page, but then nothing happens, until I eventually get a message saying it might be my computer's fault and I should come back later.

I can now see how to access the online tracker etc.    Signing up for facebook and twitter still is a bit unclear, and I've been pulling my hair out, but I'm sure I'll crack it now.

• Options

Hmmm.... just checked the website, and the broken link is not there... I think they've repaired it.

• Options
    Hi all. Recently, I have also been exchanging ???running miles??? for ???running words??? resulting in a novel to help raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support ??? the main motivation for both the running and writing. Should any fellow runner wish to read an inspirational marathon story, plus raise money for cancer care, then please check out ???Breaking The Wall??? on Amazon Kindle. Thank you for your support... and all the best with the marathon!
  • Options
    ChomskiChomski ✭✭✭

Runny Knows, the bad link is still there. There are three links under the Athlete Tracking and Live Results tab. The first and third are correct, the second ("For more information about Live Results and tracking, please see here") is wrong. Go via the first or third and you'll be ok.

I've let them know via twitter but I don't know how long it takes for them to update the site.