Options

Frankfurt Marathon 2013

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

Thanks Johnas,

What name as the booking been made in? Just so we can ask on arrival.

• Options
    JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭
    Saturday night Joolska, booked in name Herr Law image

Might try a get a few little Union Jacks for the table to make it easy!
  • Options
    djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

Thank you.image

See you there

• Options

Thanks johnas, and look forward to meeting you allimage.

No running for me since Eindhoven, just staying healthy if not so fit.

Safe journey everyone!

• Options

Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday image

I think you might be struggling to get the Boro v Doncaster game on the tele.  Even if they do fancy a bit of foreign action I think Barcelona v Real Madrid may get top billing.  I watched Middlesbro in 3D in the pub a few months back.  The 3D smog made me all nostalgic.  It was like the good old days before the smoking ban. image

The closer I get to this race the less I want to run it!!!!! image

• Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭

Thanks for all the organisation Johnas, jolly good show!  The maps will be handy too.  Me & Mrs Wardi are very reliable so we will definitely be there.  BTW I did like your PO10 piccie Johnas but it does look rather like you're wearing a short skirt..  image

http://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profilepic.aspx?athleteid=317428 

I will be doing the breakfast run with Mrs Wardi as she fancies getting in the spirit.  Hope the windy forecast for Sunday improves for us.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

The weather report is not making me happy for the weekend! Am hoping that it wont be as bad as predicted!

• Options
    JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭

haha... think I'll be rocking exactly the same look in Frankfurt this year Wardi

Not much we can do about the weather Emmy. It was bad last year from what I remember with snow on the Saturday but all cleared for great conditions on the Sunday. All we can do is keep 'em crossed

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

I'm trying to restrict myself to only checking the weather twice a day...

Have printed off the maps, so hopefully see you all at dinner on Saturday and then in the pub on Sunday image

• Options

Taking 1350 out of LHR, expo Friday afternoon hopefully, + breakfast run,

If you see a 

BLUE KNITTED HAT WITH ORANGE CROCHET FLOWER with a bespectacled middleaged woman underneath, say hello!

Will have my OH with me in case other other halves want to gang up on the Sunday.

Expect to finish after most but hopefully will survive to make it to the pub.

Best of luck everyone and whatever happens, take heart and keep going image

• Options

To do the pretzel run do you just turn up at the Messe at 10:30? I know it's just a fun run but do you not need a number or anything? Wasn't planning on doing it but now that I've seen that they're offering medals to the first 1000 finishers I might change my mind.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'll be arriving tomorrow night and running in the Movenpick pen. I'll be in a GB vest with Emmy on the front. If you see a lone brit who looks a little tired - give me a smile as you speed past!

• Options

Good luck to everyone. Landing Saturday morning and then hoping to find way to Expo and hotel. Weather looks iffy but there is nothing we can do and at least it will NOT BE HOT which I just cannot cope with!

• Options

Best of luck everyone and safe journey to those travelling.

beautiful sunny day right now in Frankfurt hoping it continues into tomorrow? Forecast show a cloudy start with rain in the afternoon around 1pm and then sunny later.

• Options
    JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭
    Right you Motley crew. Hard work done. Waddle your way to the pub. 5pm kick off. See you there
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Just on our way. At least one large stein please.
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Sorry, as predicted, once I got back to the hotel I can't rally to get out again, plus I feel miserable after failing at 3:30.  Hope you all have a good time this eveningimage

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all, How did everyone get on?

Teknik - sorry to hear you had a bad race. To be honest the weather conditions were not ideal - especially in the last few km.

I had a great day out. No stress and just chatted to people along the route and loved it. Came in at 3.57 and considering i had a beer stop on route - thought it was a great time! image

• Options

Well done all. A big thank you to Johnas for his efforts in organising the get together a. Great to put more faves to names. Congratulations to all those who pb'd I thought the course was pretty tough and when you take account of the conditions you all did fantastically well. 

For me it was a bad day at the office but I knew that I was not at my peak and there'a no fooling yourself in a marathon. 

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Sorry I didn't make it to the dinner (or pub!) in the end: I ended up doing dinner with a group of runners who were travelling with 2.09 events, and selfishly opted for theirs as it was closer to by hotel and they were eating at 6pm (and I was knackered).  Sunday timings just didn't work out (I had dinner plans and then bumped into a couple of people and got nattering).  I hope everyone ran well and nice to say hello to Johnas briefly enroute - if you were with me at that time, even early on, you should have beaten your target with ease!

• Options

Joolska you were present in spirit as someone got your splits up on a phone and we all took a moment to admire their well-engineered symmetry in awed silence! Fantastic job!

Good to sink a couple of beers with folk on Sunday evening - I did wonder if everyone would have been and gone by then, but it seems endurance training can be put to more uses than running ). Was pleased to get my target time (just under 4:20) though it was quite hard work and every time I hit another km marker on pace part of me cried inside because it meant I had no excuse to sack off and bimble the last bit. Threw up after the finish (sorry Frankfurt! ) but on the lino, at least...

Funny old race... Did like the 80s hits guy though!

• Options

Well done all, some great races had, sorry I didn't make it for drinks but I found out after the race that the coach back to the airport time table had changed due to the clock changing and so wouldn't have had time to say a proper well done.

looking forward to the next race and hoping for a better performance on my side!

Good meeting so many on you on Sunday, great restaurant choice johnas!

• Options
    djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

Sorry all, I too did not make it to the restaurant, we enquired at several places and nobody knew of it or Gelbehirschstraße. We gave up at 8:15 and ended up at Pzza Hut.

Sorry again.

Only managed a 3:30 in the race.

• Options

Sorry you couldn't find the rest, it was just off the main shopping street a couple of streets of the big Primark, and there pizza was amazing!

well done on your time, not the best of race day's for me either finished in 3.53 but was glad to just cross the line!

Anyway well done and hope to see you at the next event.

• Options
    djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

Thanks Jwheezy.

What's your next planned marathon? The OH has got a London Place so I will support her there. I think I will try either Manchester or Wales or maybe both.

• Options
    djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

Completed first recovery run today 4.5 miles, then 15 mile MTB ride.

• Options

Hi dj well done on your recovery run and good with the mtb ride, no running yet for me, till hopefully the weekend, stepped awkwardly on the way back to the hotel and have done something to my right foot?

anyway next mara for me is New Orleans in February and then Comrades in June, didn't make the ballot for London, but best of luck to your oh and I've heard good things about Manchester and I'm sure wales will be interesting!

• Options
    djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

Good luck with New Orleans & Comrades hope you enjoy them and the weather is favorable for a good run.

• Options

Thanks dj, just hoping to be fitter and lighter for both!