Options

Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options

Hello all! I'm joining in as I may be coming to Paris next year, I've got a nice phone-call and a very nice email for my place at bootcamp for asics262 imageimageimage

• Options

Go Sticky! But will you make the pub afterwards ?

• Options

Somebody mention pub? Yes please...

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Not Wanted on Voyage, Em...the stuff that got stowed in the hold image 

Welcome back, Sticky. Congratulations on the Boot Camp place. Exciting.

• Options

Thanks ATM! I've grown up a little bit since my first marathon...I should change my avatar ...

• Options

Mr Benign and the adolescent kids not coming either, We have holidayed in Paris several times together and its always been great but cost a fortune, plus I need the chance to be totally selfish and not worry about whether they are having a good time.

Small apartment booked through airbnb - fifth time I've used them and always with success. Its in the Marais, which I love. I have talked a running club friend into running the mara too. Alas, she is younger, faster, better looking and brainier better then me, damn her and her Ironwoman ways!image

• Options

I'm staying in the Marais too image

• Options

I am being let off the leash this year and will be travelling on my lonesome. Ibis Montmarte for me. I think Eggy is staying there. Anyone else?

• Options

Simon - Chownsie and some of his running club mates, and two wonderful girls and their mother!image

• Options

That's great news Kaz. I was worried about getting lost, but you can keep me right.

• Options

Party time in Montmartre. You will all be doing the can can after the race, won't you? Good for stretching the hamstrings.

• Options

Simon- Montmartre is easy, why do you think I am staying there for the 3rd time!!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Now i'm thinking that we booked the wrong areaimage

• Options

Simon - I'm in the Ibis in Montmartre too. I've stayed there the last two years for the marathon. The metro from there to the start/finish is really easy, as is getting out to the expo. The Ibis is where all the cool kids stay!

Sticky - Welcome back. Well done on getting one of the asics places.

Hopefully the ice will be gone by the time I get home tonight, so I can go for a run after work. It was like a skating rink getting down to the train station this morning.

• Options
    Orbutt wrote (see)

NWOV - not wanted on voyage. (I think) 

KS - two more weddings? Isn't that bigamy (trigamy)?image

Matt - welcome back. It's in your blood mate, you've got to go. 

Teehee, I wish we could do that again, it was hugely fun!

Well done Sticky88, I got a phone call yesterday too so I'll see you there!

• Options

Thanks Eggyh73, good to be back image!

Woohoo KeyserSuze, well done, you bet I'll see you next week! What category are you in?

• Options

Hi folks. About half way through my no running month now. Managed a pretty demanding session in the gym on one of those flappy arms n'legs machines - nordic skiing jobbie - did an intervals kind of workout and managed to hit 98% MHR which was good. I desperately want to be a proper runner.

• Options

I have just recieved a running book containing lots of plans.......who knows I may even decide to follow one!image

• Options

Hang in there TD. Two weeks is nothing.

(unless it is 2 weeks without sugar, in which case it is something...)

• Options

Thanks Sticky88! I'm hoping for sub 4- how about you? 

• Options

Feeling pretty tired today, but I have done my strength training. If I don't feel any better after work I will not run. 

Still mulling over these training schedules, a bit scared of all the speedwork but they are 4 days a week plans so very doable regarding time. :/

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Kaz - sounds like a good plan. Ít's always better to take a rest day than risk getting injured. How's the weather up there?

Another 6 miles done this morning and despite the pace felt like I was going to throw up at a few moments image

KS - Does this mean that you'll be pacing us around sub 4 come April?

• Options

Emmy - its sub something which has a minus figure with strong northerly winds adding to the mix! I am at present indoors with a complete base layer under my work clothes and 3 pairs of socks(and I can'lt feel my feet) and I can see my oil evaporating as we speak.....Can't wait to go to work!! How is it with you?? 

Yip less time running to reduce injury etc and there is a big section in the book about monitoring pulse rates etc for indications of over training, infection etc. Yes I read the complete book last night, and one about training as a vegan on Monday night. One thing that really stood our on Monday night is that I do not eat nearly enough - and probably why I struggle so much with everything.........this new life is certainly learning me something!

• Options

Heck that got a bit longwinded  - sorry! image

• Options

Kaz - don't be worried about the speedwork - it can be curiously satisfying. And it's over a lot quicker than the LSRs. I'm doing a 5k plan at the moment, so last night was 4 x 1k intervals at target race pace. Combined with a warm up and a cool down, it's all over in under half an hour, and you know you've had a workout at the end. Plus you can do it indoors image

• Options

I could RR if my treddie was working image  I think I just get freaked out incase I can't do the pace I need......but then I suppose thats what its about.

• Options

I'm starting to suffer a severe case of the CBA's. That's not a good sign before I've even started marathon training. Managed to drag myself out for a run last night, but really didn't enjoy it.

• Options

Think thats perfectably normal on dark winters evening And given the fact you know the training ahead.....

• Options

Morning!

I'm looking for some advice on feet... whilst breaking in some new trainers, they were causing an ache in the arch of my foot which I put down to them being too tight, as relacing seemed to relieve the pain, although it would start to come back again. However, I now get a similar ache when wearing my old trainers (still used for longer runs whilst breaking in the new ones) and my trail shoes (which made an appearance yesterday due to the dusting of snow and increasingly soggy trail). what I'm wondering is - is it just in my head as since signing up for Paris, I've become paranoid about injury or have I in breaking in the new shoes done myself a mischief... any one experience similar or has any advice? How silly is it to ignore a niggle in pre-training mode?

Headed out with the dog for a lunchtime 5 miler yesterday, lovely to run through the woods in the daylight, even though it took a good couple of miles to unfreeze my fingers! planning on the same again today.

For speed work the lovely council has marked a 500m straight track on a local (pedestrian) road with 100m markers, well used by the local fitness classes, but generally free enough to get in some speedy sessions, RR I definitely agree on the "curiously satisfying" description of speedwork!