Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options

MsE - How are you feeling now? Shame you feel poorly but it's not worth it. I've been really frustrated this week with the lurgy but have managed a few light jogs just to keep things moving. I love racing as much as the next runner but will never race if I feel ill. Hope you feel better soon.

ssc - Shame man.

Speedy - Chin up, I am sure you haven't lost all the fitness. You have done some good mileage and have been unlucky with your fall last week and did you not have the lurgy recently too? You will be flying again soon for sure.image

Feeling marginally less hideous today!image

• Options
    WoolWool ✭✭✭
    Deleting repeat post
  • Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    1.23.26 so the positive is 2nd fastest half ever. Negatives are slower than I wanted and just felt a bit flat. Wind an issue on the second lap although breathing was always pretty okay so suspect it's just that marathon training fatigue lingering.
  • Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Jools - Excellent time, well done!

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Jools - Great running, well done

Leslie - Good milage (I have never exceeded 70m in a week

loads of great training being posted, our club put on a as many loops as you want day, about 4.25m a loop in and around the outskirts of Winchester, very nice indeed, till yesterdays 15 miles hit the legs on lap 4, I was hovering around 8:15 - 8:20 mm but tiredness hit along with the wall and fridge freezer in the last 4.25m and it hurt, dropped to 9's, still 17.66m done in 2:32:31, plan achieved... image 54.22m for the week

Take crae

• Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Nice effort Jools! Still a great time. I am not feeling worse so took myself out for a long run and did my first 20 since 2012! Averaged 7:43m/m. Chest and lungs ok but legs started to feel it the last two miles. Sometimes I think it's psychological as I hit a point on my out and back long run course and I get that same feeling!
  • Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    I couldn't have managed a further 7 Lorenzo style!
  • Options
    SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    That's a big weekend RFJ - super stuff

Excellent progression MsE particularly whilst under the weather image

Cracking time Jools

16 this morning of woods, fells and playing fields. First 3 miles contained 1000ft of climbing but settled down after that to total just under 2500ft. Stopped off for a 1500m swim on the way back too.
  • Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    RFJ - that's a big effort at the end of some pretty decent mileage for the week I'm not surprised you tired at the end. Eat eat eat now!

How's the hip responding to the hills SJ?
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Great run Jools..

I had a decent XC yesterday and 16 today for a 45 week. 

• Options

Good run Jools, wind was bad today everywhere. MSe, nice miles.

Make sure all Jantastic runs are logged, Feb done, March targets set and on the way.

• Options

Great time Jools, good long run MsE.

22m for me today, 8:11 average with the last 8 at 7:48.  73 for the week and 253 for last month, both records for me.

• Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    73 JF2?! ::thud::

Nice long run there. I think I reached 58 in five runs this week but was trying to mini taper for the half that never happened
  • Options
    SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    As long as I don't run too quick the hills are ok MsE. Downhill on the road is my nemesis however. My A race this year is very hilly so it's all about steady slog miles in the mud for the next few weeks.
  • Options
    I was doing the same loops as RFJ today, along with a great turn out of 41 others from the club. 3.8 miles to the start @ 8:25, 8.5 miles @ 7:40, 4.25 miles @ 7:10 and 3.8 miles home @ 8:25. Averaged a solid 48 miles a week for the last 3 weeks, which is up on anything run previously.

Marathon paced HM next week with 3-4 miles slow extras.
  • Options

I eventually persuaded myself to go out in the wind and rain for 18 miles. Couldn't feel the leg after the first mile, but I was rather distracted by the rain lashing horizontally into my eyes from 1 - 4 miles. 

Only 255 miles in Feb (last year was 273). I missed 40+ miles in the few days I took off for the injury.

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

MsE - Glad you were able to get out and run. That's pretty fast for your 1st 20 since 2012!

RFJ, SB, SJ, JF2, Leslie and others, great mileage being done and Lorenzo 27!

OO - Glad you had a good outing in the XC. Did you get a win/podium? And Junior??

Got my act together this morning and went out for 8 glorious sunny miles and meandered around the south east coast along the beach. Tried hard and succeeded in keeping the lid on the pace as I'm still crook, but I really enjoyed it and it set me up nicely for the day. 23 miles for the week, so about 27 short of where I wanted to be, but 5 runs this week with the lurgy, so pleased with that.

• Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

JF2 - good news on the knee and great running!
    Abbers - nice tempo run.
    GM - get well soon!
    Wool - cracking tempo pace!
    MsE - oh no! Best play it safe.
    GE - nicely controlled pace.
    KR - great long run!
    ssc - sorry to hear that.
    PMJ - good parkrun progression.
    Speedy - sounds like you're having a rough time. Hope the pain eases up soon.
    Lorenzo - been a while since we had a nutter of the week! 27 miles is quite amazing for a training run.
    SJ - nice bike and run session.
    RFJ - good running and mileage.
    Leslie - stonking mileage!
    Jools - well done - cracking time.
    SB - good loopy run.
    Phew - that will teach me for not posting on a Saturday!
    16 miler with my daughter went well today. Nice and relaxed run, about 8:50 m/m out and 8:10 back. No issues with the foot/ankle so green light for SSC.

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Speedy - x-post. Still very good mileage nonetheless and hope the leg is alright. I love running in the rain but not when it's how you described it!image You're dedicated!!

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

healing and healthy vibes to Speedy, MsE .

Lorenzo - (!) 

20 yesterday to complete 230 for Feb - started March with a blank (jogged maybe a couple supporting daughter at local 9 miler, but not counting those )  

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Sounds like you had much better weather down there GerardM (very windy here- beach not advisable). I cam 41st from 600 in the XC but starting from the slow pack- so get get promoted next race, should I ever turn up. I was 2nd finisher for the club so decent points. Junior was 9th in her race of 30 ladies U20, but with the 4th fastest time- she found it too short to get going image. Nice practice though for the National schools XC in 2 weeks.  

How old is your daughter Gul?

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

OO - It was a beautiful morning for a change, we've had some seriously windy days here recently. Well done on your XC and Junior too. image

• Options
    Gul Darr wrote (see)

16 miler with my daughter went well today. Nice and relaxed run, about 8:50 m/m out and 8:10 back. No issues with the foot/ankle so green light for SSC.

imageimageimage

We need to organise a few things over the next week or so.  I see from the instructions there is a table so you an leave gels, drinks etc and don't have to carry them round with you. I am thinking of a dozen doughnuts: just in case.

• Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Jools-cracking hm time in tough conditions.image

Gul- back in the game (again) image

9 miles after nightshift this morn.

• Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Birch - good miles for Feb - only 49 for me!
    OO - good XC running - all the best to your daughter for the nationals. My daughter doing her bike ride yesterday is 13.
    PMJ - jam or custard?
    Leslie - consistent as ever.
    Just a 2 mile recovery run this morning - legs felt a bit heavy.

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Good news, Gul - pleased to hear it  . . .

• Options
    AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Great running all - some monster weekly/monthly mileages being posted, and long runs all round. Keep it going guys & girls!

Jools - that's still a very quick time, even if not quite what you wanted. Mara is the bigger picture though, and you're shaping up very well for that.

PMJ - a dozen doughnuts should give you ample carbs. Like your style image

SJ - good luck in London today. You're bagging some great tri training at the moment.

13 miles early yesterday in a relatively calm weather window, having listened to the wind and rain for most of Saturday night. Picked the wrong day to be an England sports fan!

• Options
    Gul Darr wrote (see)

PMJ - jam or custard?

Oooh, big question. At home, always custard filled with chocolate tops but maybe for running jam filled with sugar top.

• Options

Looks like you zipped up your man suit Lorenzo for that 27 miler!

Hope you get over your lurgy MsE & Speedy gets back to fitness soon - although I doubt 4 days non running will affect the bigger picture?

Big weekly & monthly mileage Leslie!

Cracking half marathon time Jools and your 2nd fastest too!

Big ascent & swim Slokey

JF2 - good 20 miler & weekly mileage

Glad it's a green light Gul - now wrap yourself in cotton wool

Good 20 miler Miler & monthly total Birch

Jam doughnuts all the way for me especially the ones from Morrisons - the best!

5 mile recovery yesterday to make 66 for the week. Not sure how many for Feb as my Garmin 410 just gives a rolling total.

• Options
    SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Jam. End of.

Don't know my feb run total but I do know that that is now 3 months of running every single day. 9 months to go to fulfil an arbitrary target which I have recently made up on a whim. Whoop.

My trip to the big smoke was a roaring success Abbers, thank you. On the train onthe way home now. I think things will progress quite quickly with that one - perm role but I also nudged them along the lines of "trying me out as an associate first so we can get to know each other" (Kerrrrchinnng!). Got the job on Friday too Having a good few days. Skype interview for a third company tomorrow.... Would be happier if Man City hadn't thrown away their season in the last 2 games though, but can't have everything.

Just seen a link to loch gu loch - a swim run event in Scotland in September - teams of 2, 13 swims totalling 8km with 50k of running in between. Anyone fancy it?