Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

A windmill Daffy image That's Brill! 

(((( podds )))) ((((( Meldy ))))) and the (((( GPO )))) for being frontlined image

The ponies have had pedicures, Bram is looking good image 

((((( waisters ))))))

• Options

I see what you did there Tubbs. Brill Windmill.

I'm having a nice lie in this morning. Must be time to have coffee.

• Options

Good morning team

only had to wake once for a coughing fit last night which is progress image

breathing is slowly improving which means the coughing is improving too, think my insides have had a work out!

Podds you have my sympathies old girl 

should be back at work today but won't go back til Sunday at the earliest I think

• Options

Glad you're on the mend Melds.............deffo take the sick time though, it's not as if you don't work hard the rest of the time and I can't remember the last time you took sick leave....

My head / spirit are much revived today but the body is still weak................I did manage 2 slices of toast last night but that's the first since Mon evening so no wonder I'm a tad light headed and wobby!!  On the plus side however the "fit into the wetsuit" target has had a boost!! image

Another vote for a Daffy windmill here - what a great place for a WAISTer party image

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

(((Poorly peeps))) glad to hear that you are on the mend.

~~~Spencelette~~~ hope she gets what she needs.

(((Chuggy et al)))

(((Far Far family)))

~~~((( the rest of yas)))~~~

MS has gone to sit with his mum, we're trying not to leave her on her own for long periods, and I'm off out with TM.

WAIST well xxx

• Options

morning all

(((Melds))) crikey you sound poorly! get well soon

((Chuggy family)))

(((Coco)))

(((lovely WAISTers all))))

you'll be suprprised to hear that work has been a complete nightmare this week! I have been budgeting and stuck in an office with 4 blokes for 3 days - aaaarrrrrgggghhh! And starting early so not even managed a plod yet this week! need to run soon before I stab one of them.....

• Options

ah Sluggy I hope things are peaceful for MS's mum - tough times

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

((((poorly and sad Waisters))))

I had quite a stiff leg after Sunday's walk - I have niggly knee, and think I've sort of compensated for it on downhills. Anyway that's clearing up, but I really think a half at the end of the month would be asking for trouble. Grrr.

Daffs in a windmill, on her trapeze, playing the flute, wearing a corset ...

We had a phone call to let us know that a different person would be collecting a child. Let's call him John ... So I said to the child, Uncle John is picking you up ... (blank look)

Have you got an Uncle John?

(blank look)

Your uncle?

(blank look)

You know someone called John?

(blank look) ... oh, Chubbsie!!

(I recognised him ...)

• Options

image   Clearly Pippi!!

podds, unblemished for 7 years and 2 occurances in last 2 years, laryngitis last new year if I remember rightly!

• Options

So.

new neighbour has been in a few weeks and to be honest he has not been the quietest and I feared the worst.

someone that can be ripping up floorboards and smashing down walls at gone midnight had me raising my eyebrows. Rather than go round there in Meldy style and make him eat his chisel for breakfast, I wrote him a letter detailing that I would be away most evenings (last week as it was) and to feel free to bash away to his hearts content ...

fast forwards to Monday night, feeling less that pucker I endured another evening of floorboards and hammers and with no energy or inclination to do the doorstep challenge in my pyjamas I had a restless night.

tuesday, finished early

wednesday, started again .. by 10o'clock i summonsee the energy to knock on the door and ask him if we could call a halt on DIY SOS or he may be in need of 24hrs in A&E.  I was met by a very apologetic young lad with big holes in his ears (what *is* that all about?), he said he was most sorry for disturbing me, he'd got my mote and he' d meant to knock but he'd had so much to do, by which time I was nearly guilty of asking him to stop!

i came away glad I had knocked and glad I had t made enemits of my new neighbour!

so tonight, a knock on the door and there he is with a bottle of wine as a peace offering, he is also wearing a Horses Trust sweatshirt and transpires that is where he works .... Things that start badly don't always have to end badly, he's a nice lad, seems genuine, if he works with horses then he must like large hairy ginger cats eh?!

• Options

I can spell honestly, my iPad has a mind of its own!

posted mothers present off today and once she has received it then it can go on my FB craft pageimage

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Glad you didn't have to make your neighbour eat his chisel image Similar situation with our neighbours recently you may remember (except ours are 3 young lads who like to come back from the pub at 3am and stay up yakking at the tops of their voices) - ours also involved them bringing us wine as a peace offering image They've been pretty quiet ever since too (touch wood).... Still come in late and we hear them going up and down stairs but no yakking...

• Options
    Coco-CatCoco-Cat ✭✭✭

When we had complaints about Jasper pooing in our neighbour's garden, we took them chocolates and Lion Roar cat repellent image. They're our friends for life now.  Gifts work wonders in appeasing neighbours.

Sorry for my absence.  Some of you will know from FB that I'm having a bit of a tricky time right now.  My right hip has been getting worse for a while and crunch point was reached a couple of weeks ago when I had a lot of stress at work and found that I never knew from one moment to the next whether it was going to be my hip or a knee that collapsed when trying to get downstairs ???? The pain was indescribable and now regularly keeps me awake at night.

Long story short - born with hip dysplasia in right hip, under-treated in 1973 as was norm then so almost certainly have OA in there now to match both knees.

Saw the GP today to get referred for x-rays and MRIs so that we can talk prognoses, time frames, treatments (read - replacements) and a bit of planning for the future (research bungalow prices, think about going part-time for work, plan finances etc).  Not quite what I thought life at 42 would look like but it is what it is.

There will now be no more running for me ever.  It feels a bit raw at the moment but swimming is much better for my joints and provides a welcome respite from the pain when I'm in the pool.  Frankly, running only makes it all worse.  So I'm not sure how much I will be around in here but I wanted to thank you all for everything over the past 18 months and I would still like to be a member of the WAISTer family if you'll let me and hopefully meet some of you one day.  Xx

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

(((((Coco))))) I was thinking you hadn't been around. What a horrible time you have been having. I suppose at least you have a diagnosis and the prospect of treatment. 

Theres lots of non-runners here, hadn't younoticed? Stick around and let us know how it all goes.

• Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

(((( coco )))) I had to give up running too, but I'm still a Waister.  Lots of swimmers in here to keep you company too image

(((( waisters ))))

• Options

morning all just checking in image.

Lots of (((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))) for poorly and sad Waisters and an extra (((()))))) for Coco. Sad your running days are over but as Tubbs said ( I think ) a lot of Waisters are not running anymore but you have Noggy with his bike and other swimming people so running is not mandatory for Waister family.

It has taken well over three weeks since the "bug" got me and I am still feeling rather flat with lots of cba for doing anything. It looks like I am getting dragged out by Tony and Scott for a walk Saturday so that will be me on my knees by the end of the day. Scott is running from his house to meet up for the "walk" so he will be doing about 17 miles first and Tony who does not run at all but has the fastest walking rate I know he has been known to walk 10k in just under one hour so i would be jogging and still get left behind. The object of the day is to finish at a pub when we come off the hills so a bit of local brew here :- http://www.theinnatmuckhart.com/

will call back again some time to see what you have all been up to and if Daffs has got a windmill and Chuggy's kinder have managed to get home for a rest and stop her worrying.image

• Options

Morning each,

I did attempt to post earlier but, not for the first time, my words ended up I know not where.

Glad you're on the up Westie.  The walk sounds good, especially the end bit.

Loads of Waisters with bits and pieces that need fettling.

Coco,I don't know if this will help.  I had to stop plodding quite a few years back due to dodgy knees.  I got back to cycling and that has helped keep me moving.

I was at Bike Camp in Mallorca last week and, whilst I was the oldest paying customer, some of the leaders and associates are an inspiration.  On two days my ride leader was a 75 year old. There was a 79 year old former pro racer and his wife, who still ride most days.  Two former pro team managers, one of 70 and the other 83.  They are an amazing advert for the benefits of cycling.

Today is kit washing day.  Penny has gone out with her daughter so I'll be watching todays stage of Paris Nice and cheering on Geraint Thomas.

• Options

I must try and catch that Noggs, is it on telly somewhere?

coco, the others are right, if you take a look around you will find far more who don't in comparison to those who do, running is not what makes you a waister. Swimming is awesome and will help you enormously with maintaining movement and strength ... you'll get through this hiccup undoubtedly 

bit chilly today but a lovely day all the same , had hoped to put the FGO out naked but it's not to be today

• Options

Melds, it's on British Eurosport 1.  Tiranno-Adriatico on Eurosport 2.imageimage

• Options

Afternoon

AAAaaaaaaarrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh - bleedin kids, bleedin parents and bleedin grandparents too...........

Today I have been subjected to 2 x half hour rants from an irate gran including her expecting me to fix the world and school because they're "not fair" and to make sure her grand daughter tells her counsellor everything that is going on.........(which she told me about in full detail.........)..........all because her grand daughter ran out of school in tears because she didn't like the seat she'd been allocated for her exam this morning.............PUHLEASE...........image

So much for a peaceful end to what has been a somewhat trying week image

However I have to say I just LOVED the idea of "making him eat his chisel for breakfast..." image but am very glad he turned out to be a proper person...i.e. one who likes 4 as much if not more than 2 legs!!

Right back to try and actually achieve some work today

Laters peeps

• Options
    Further update, he has a rescue staffie type called Robbie ...not sure what the GPO will make of that one!
  • Options

Competition?  I fear for the Staffie's safety image

Guess who had bets on the first 4 past the post in the Gold Cup today??  Guess I'd best buy a lottery ticket tonight too image

Off home shortly

Colleague's 40th tonight but I've been in bed by 7.30pm every night this week so am going for a short non-alcoholic evening...... image Feels rude to miss such an occasion image

Laters

• Options
    Waves

Sorry I've been so absent, work is horrendous and can't see it getting better any time soon. The NHS is not the place to work at the moment.

I'm trying to run, but am feeling physically and mentally drained.

Coco like the others have said, lots of other stuff to do

Podds. I feel your work pain

I'm currently on my way to Stoke for a

Boozy girly weekend. It's much needed .

My train has been cancelled at Bristol so having to hunt down another to Stoke!!! Flippin railway service.
  • Options

morning all

Snaily sounds like a Stokie weekend is just what you need!

Coco - there's an echo in here...... once a WAISter! keep up the swimming its brilliant exercise and also means you can be part of a triathlon team image

good news on the neighbour Melds

I've been in sunny Scunny today, after a week where I'm so knackered I could have just walked - today went well and ended with a thankyou from boss who also told us to take the time back for all the extra work (well I'll take a day) and to have a meal out with partners. and then big boss rang me to thank me - presume he did same to my colleagues, was a bit embarrassing but a thanks goes a long way!

and I'm home early, will walk the dogs, then watch comic tv and drink wine - phew!

• Options
    AmandaxAmandax ✭✭✭
    Snaily . So agree with nhs at mo. I've been off on leave for a week but following the news we are losing a ft staff member asap I've been v stressed and have had several long phone calls from colleagues. I feel v angry that we will not be able to offer the service we want to and feel what we do is just not valued . Coupled with varying home issues I've been losing plot . Running but not enjoying it as Achilles sore, eating carp and not doing anything else????
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Oh dear me image What the others have said ((((((Coco)))))) (((((Amandax)))))

Great that you finally got a thank you Far Far.
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Evening,

(((Coco))) you don't need to run to be a WAISTer. I haven't been able to run for years now but they still let me hang around image

(((Podds))) sometimes it is easy to see how/why the kids are as they are!

(((JFF))) it's always nice to be thanked and it is certainly better than nothing - but words are cheap and a bit of dosh is often more helpful!

(((Amandax and Snaily))) I'm so glad I got out of the NHS image

Welcome home Noggy, I don't envy you the washing!

Westie, you are more active in 'retirement' than some of us have ever been image

MIL is very up and down. One day we think 'This is it', the next she has perked up. I went over today while MS and his 2 sisters talked about some of the practicalities. MIL and I had a fruitful conversation about what she wants to do now (find her will and make sure it accurately reflects her wishes) and afterwards (she doesn't know but will think about it). I think it was probably a bit easier for me to broach the subject but she didn't need much prompting. I then came back and had a little image

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options

So much easier for her to know that her wishes are considered and important tho /Sluggy, there is never en easy time to broach it and never a too soon moment either I believe 

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Oh dear, Sluggie, but better to say things now rehabs than wish you had when it's too late. 

I had a little swim. It felt uncomfortable on the knee. Swapped to FC. No better. came home. Not painful, but just not worth it. 

Odd punctuation, Sorry. Ipad.

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

That's not good Pippi image