Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options

very sad news. image

EF - well done on getting to gym. i did about 6 miles last night and forced myself to eat the leftover chicken dhansak before it walked out of the fridge. then i didn't eat loads of other crap so that was ok. tonight am planning 7 miles and a bowl of cereal. hmmm... but N will be there by the time i get back so i probably won't end up just eating crap all evening like i do when i'm on my own.

• Options
    Creme eggs-give or take. However I have just sampled green and blacks salted caramel milk choc-yum!!

Am currently in Kensington Gdns play area with kids, my cousin and her daughter. Another picnic in the sun.

Off on my 2 day child free breast cancer care conference thing tomorrow. 40 of us youngsters and 2 days of talks on things like menopause symptoms, stress, sleeping properly, plus night in a hotel, dinner, wine image should be fun.
  • Options

oo caro that sounds good. hopefully it will be a real boost for you. where is it?

what a morning... senior management board which started at 10; we broke at 12 for 5 minutes (i was late back in as i had to queue for the loo, so no time to get a drink); and finished at 1.50... argh

• Options

So very sad image Didn't look good after they found her bag. 

That sounds great, Caro! great day for a picnic too image It's a bit overcast here now but warm. Ideal garden weather while G is asleep. It's still a bit of a work in progress but it'll look nice once it's finished.

Blimey CM, that's a long meeting image

Good work on the gym EF image

Having a bit of a catch up day today after Ben's holidays. Loads of washing! Had a fab but tiring day at Alton Towers yesterday. Nothing quite like going on Nemesis together to help heal your marriage image He did say last night that it had been a lovely few days. And he texted before to say he is coming home early. That hasn't happened for a loooooong time. Getting there image 

• Options

nuro - glad you've been having fun. did you have someone else with you at alton towers? how did you manage to get on nemesis together? i'd love to take the kids to theme parks but i can't on my own as i need an extra body to help out with the rides. J is ok on his own for some rides, but for some of the more extreme rides, he needs someone to go on with him, and then what do I do with E (who is usually too short to ride, or doesn't want to go on the scary ones)? it's a problem for me...

• Options

It's at King's College where hubby works and we are staying at the premier inn nr Tate modern.  Nice and handy for me image

Sounding hopeful nurofen.......glad you had fun at Alton towers

• Options

CM - I have a friend who works there and so he let us in for free image And then we went around with him and his wife and two kids. We all took it in turns to do the rides. You'll have to come to Alton Towers and then we can do the same image

• Options

ahhhh i see: that's handy! J would LOVE alton towers!! me? not so much...

• Options

I get sick on spinning teacups. Don't think I'd manage Alton towers! Though we would have somewhere to stay as andy's mum was from Stoke so we have friends and family there. 

• Options

Many many eons ago I stayed with a friend who was working in Blackpool and we did the pleasure beach on the Sat and Alton Towers on the Sun - fab!  I LOVE things like that.  Hubby not so keen.  We have a random inset day in June so think we're going to do PPW - Eric will enjoy it and I like Paultons Park.

• Options

Spinning teacups are the worst tho. Maybe we need an Alton towers meetupimage

• Options

Definitely image Room at Bogle Towers! We are about 40 mins away. You know what, I think I felt worse on the Froghopper (kids' ride where you get bounced up and down) than I did on Nemesis...Maybe something to do with the fact that I had just eaten lunch? image

He was home early! Welcomed me with a kiss like he meant it (you know what I mean!), then cooked us dinner - and said he really missed me today image

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

Nurofen this all sounds v good.

Some of you probably saw on fb that we got allocated nothing for primary schools so now stuck on waiting lists and looking at bulge classes which were announced today. One of the places taking an extra class thus year is the bad school around the corner so we should get in there. Worst case (hopefully) is take a place there and move to a decent school mid year when a place comes up. I feel bad though. She's at nursery school at our first choice and now it looks like she has to move again image I know kids are pretty good at this but she's moved twice in just over a year already.

Tonight I drank beer and ate fish and chips and sacked off the gym!

Hope everyone is ok

• Options

Boo to school disappointments, vomtastic theme park rides, long meetings and ongoing diet cravings. 

Yippeeee to proper kisses, days out, support groups and.... Er..... Was that it? 

Was also so sorry to hear that they have found a body. Why people think they have the right to use someone else to meet their own sick needs is beyond me. 

• Options

Bugger lost my post. 

Wee boy had follow up appt from last year at sick kids. It's to do with his boy bits! As I anticipated the right one is a bit smaller and won't stay down so he has to have an orchidopexy. Needs a general image  Should be in next few months. It's routine. it has good success rate and it's better than needing it in future if it twists or not being able to check himself for testicular cancer and all of the above so that I know it has to be done but still I hate the thought of a general. I will need to speak to my friend Fiona who will calm me down as she's an anaesthetist with special interest in paeds and neonatal. 

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

EF I would also feel upset at the thought of a general for my kids. Sounds like its needed though.

Also image about the body. So sad. Life is fragile

• Options

So sorry to hear school places are not available Pip - can't remember where you are based?  Hopefully things will change once places are accepted etc (we were offered a place in Surrey after we moved which we obv declined straight away).

EF - am sure it will be ok but not nice to have to be in hospital with little ones.

Always feel awful when crimes coming out of nightclubs happen as I probably took more chances than I should have done when I was in my 20's.  I did have one night when I inadvertently got separated from my friends at a huge nightclub which was not good!

• Options

EF - hugs to you xx Fraser will be fine anyway, it's more traumatic for parents. i see sonya's Rosie has had an op recently and has a real shiner to show for it

i cringe at some of the things i did in my 20s. i spent a month in russia and took SUCH risks. this was in the early 90s. i met up with a girl who'd been my penpal, so altho i'd been writing to her, i didn't know her well. she was only early 20s but lived on her own in a flat paid for by her (rich) parents. and she was quite a rebel. one night we went to a club in the middle of nowhere and ended up getting in a car with all these blokes we met and driving off and getting out in a forest. we were all p1ssed (including the lad who was driving) and i was teaching them the lyrics to the songs we had been listening to in the club. nothing happened that was dodgy, but omg really! i was extremely vulnerable: 'rich' English girl (by their standards), had no idea where i was, they could have done anything to me and i'd have had no way of alerting anyone. have no idea how i got back to where i was staying . i guess i probably got back with her to her flat and then somehow made my way back to the woman i was staying with the next day. image

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Yep, think I did a lot of risky things in the past (more so after my first marriage broke up - so I was late 20s but living on my own for the first time).  Not quite as risky as your Russian trip though CM!

I just can't imagine what the girls parents are going through.  Or at least I'm trying not to.  I was actually sobbing last night putting my two to bed.  How anyone can ever move on from that, I don't know.

• Options

Exactly CM - not in Russia but bad enough in London.  We got a lift back home with the bin men once!!

Not sure what I can say to Martha to hopefully make her wary of ending up in situations that could go awfully wrong.

• Options

the thing is i think that now we have immediate means of communication. i went to russia for a month and the only way i had of communicating home was to send a telegram!! which i did once - when i got there to say i was ok. and then that was it! now, there's facebook, email, 3G and wifi everywhere. and i'd like to think that we are generally more aware of the risks. maybe not? maybe a 22yr old E would do the same as i did and get in a car without about 8 strangers (and 5 seats) and end up in the woods outside Moscow without a clue where she was or any means of getting in touch with anyone!?

i was 12 when i went on my frist french exchange. my parents dropped me at bristol, i got on a coach and got off again somewhere in France where i was met by a family we knew nothing about and i stayed with them for 2 weeks. didn't speak to my parents while i was away, but got dropped back to the coach again and then picked up in bristol by my parents. at the age of 12... it all worked out fine, but there's no way i'd be letting J go to a family we knew nothing about with no responsible adult co-ordinating it locally in france. this was through a company, so although there was vetting etc, there was no one local in france if i'd had any issues or there had been any problems! it wasn't like going with school where at least you had a school teacher over there at the same time.

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

I also did so many risky things looking back, got in cars with random strangers, went back to random houses/random cities/random anything.  I think it's part of growing up.  I think we are all so safety paranoid (and believe me, when it come to my kid, i am) and want reassurance that things are safe/checked etc etc but most of the time, everything works out fine.  The sad truth is that sometimes, some poor people are just in the wrong place at the wrong time and its so awfully sad. I dont know how you could move on from that though image

• Options

No risky things in russia but plenty nearer home....

EF - i hate handing my babies over for a GA, Archie has had about 6.

RF - nice pics on fb but does that mean no time to train? I swam the full distance in a pool in 1:40 this week and scooted out for a 50 mile ride earlier which took just over 3 hours. Finding it impossible to fit it all in. 

Wedding tomorrow so need to see if dress from last year still fits! 

• Options

Risky behaviour in Russia, Germany and at home image I was a shocker! I do cringe about it now and thank my lucky stars. On a lighter note, I am SO glad we didn't have FB etc back then - I cannot imagine the repercussions of some of my dodgy nights out!! 

EF - sorry to hear F needs surgery image I'm sure he'll be just fine but it must be really hard for you X

Enjoy the wedding Camlo image

Going to meet up with an old friend tomorrow. Haven't seen her for nearly 4 years so will have lots of things to catch up on. Have been at Mum's today as it is Dad's birthday. Had a nice day with family image

• Options

Had the most wonderful 2 days at the Breast Cancer Care thing for younger women in London.  Met some wonderful women who I would never have met under normal circumstances.  Also had a talk by an amazing women called Kelly who was once on 'How to Look Good Naked' after having a mastectomy.   - some of you may have seen it.  She really gave me hope that one day I will find my new normal, and that it will be better than life to date and make all this sh*t worthwhile....

Anyway - I have 2 Saturday quotes for you all image

'Difficult paths often lead to beautiful places'

'Life is what happens when you're planning other things'

I went back to the hotel last night and went for a run.  We were staying just behind the Tate Modern so I ran along the south bank as far as westminster then crossed the river and ran back along the embankment - doing the last bit of the marathon route in reverse, and Minks, you were very much in my thoughts!

• Options
    Oh CC that sounds awful ((((())))). Caro's quote will definitely apply to you.

EF sorry to hear about Fraser, I would dread it too.

Can gutted that you've hurt your foot ????

Caro your conference sounds amazing and what you needed to show you some of the path ahead I guess from others who have been there

We're at my sisters (hubby in Welibgton with his sis), we're all heading in today to meet up with the and go to the zoo. Everyone is VERY excited!! I am feeling v grateful to have such a wonderful sister - wish we lived next door to each other!!!
  • Options
    Sorry CM that should have been !!! I'm not doubting your injury!
  • Options

Cc's post just says "and". Hope you are ok my love

foot is my own stupid bloody fault. Last week did tonnes of walking and quite a bit of running and then this week did a 6 followed by a 7 mile run after work. Think I just overdid it. So am now crocked. Stupid woman. 

• Options

Hope you're ok CC (((())))

Oh boo to the foot, CM image 

Love the quotes Caro, keep them coming image

Sounds lovely Hoggle image