Options

The Thousand Mile Club - 2018

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Lilly61 and Donnie2

Last week,

10.48 miles recovery run after Magna Carta marathon followed by three runs of 13.71 miles and 13.3 miles today including Parkrun makes my
    YTD = 844.74 miles

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Parkrun this morning in 21:20. Felt a bit too much like hard work, as I probably still had last Sunday’s race in my legs.

280.5 YTD
  • Options
    Great running everyone!!

Just 3.73 miles this evening before a night shift.

YTD 615.02 miles

• Options
    3 hours sleep and then 5.02 miles

YTD 620.04 miles
  • Options
    Had a really pleasant very slow long run today of 17.77 miles, makes
    YTD = 862.51 miles
    Am thinking I ought to try and reach 900 miles BEFORE next Sunday's VLM
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    5km on the gym treadmill whilst my wife was swimming giving me 336.1 miles for the year. 

Nell:hope Boston going well,  looking forward to reading about it. You've been missed in the last week,  you're the glue which holds the thread together 
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    A quick 3.6 miles for me today taking me up to 209.33 YTD
  • Options
    Good luck Nell!! 

10.08 miles this morning

YTD 630.12 miles
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

4.5 hilly miles yesterday - oof!

285 YTD

• Options
    Afternoon all,

Well hasn't everyone been busy.

Steven, Well done in getting past the Proclaimers goal, not long now.

Hobie, Great run, I think that is definitely an Ultra. I like the fact you left at 02.45 rather than staying local, you must have been knackered! So, I guess the big question is whether you will be doing another? well done on passing the 500 mile mark as well.

Andrew, Great PB, well done.

Lilly, Past the 200 mile mark, great work.

Harmander, Well done on another marathon and passing the 800 mile mark and probably 900 by the weekend. Have a great run on Sunday and say hi to Nell if you meet up.

As for me, a lovely week with the family in Falmouth, Cornwall, I did manage a couple of coastal path runs, which were lovely, I went out both times about 06.15 so just me, myself & I.
    Back to the grindstone now however, oh well (at least it seems to be sunny)

Stats for last week;

11.04.18 - 6.25
    13.04.18 - 6.25
    15.04.18 - 6.25

Year to date 391.30.

• Options
    David Charman,
    Yes I certainly will say Hi to Nell - she is probably in the middle of Boston Marathon as I scribe this message.
    Well done Steven, AndrewD and Hobie from me too.
    Only a 12.1 mile paced run this morning - exactly a minute a mile faster than I am supposed to do on Sunday.
    YTD = 874.61 miles
  • Options
    Thanks for the Congrats all ... I'm a little surprised tbh at how well the training this year has gone (so far). I topped out last year at 921.5 miles, so to be past the half way stage at this point - without carrying a niggle or an injury - is something I'm delighted about.

I'm also delighted to see that lilly has smashed through the 200 barrier, well done!

Harmander I hope you have an enjoyable London, you certainly don't need any luck - we all know how seriously you take your pacing.

Fingers crossed for Nell that it's been a good Boston Mara and I hope the legs don't grumble about the air travel too much and recover nicely in time for London.

DavidC - sounds like a lovely place to do your miles, closing in on your own milestone there, you'll have 400 before you know it.

Dubai - excellent mileage as always - gonnae slow down a bit! ;)

AndrewD - not resting on your laurels I see - I hope you reap the reward from those Hills!

I haven't succumbed to taper madness - yet. Three runs to report since last check-in, managed to behave myself pace-wise.

13 Apr - 5.85m
    14 Apr - 17.8m
    16 Apr - 10.4m

YTD: 566.5 Miles

PS - Gutted for Hawkins in Oz, so close.
  • Options
    Steven - Yes, I am guessing heat exhaustion or similar, I believe he is out of hospital now and feeling pretty annoyed (I would be) 
  • Options
    senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Oh Dear, looks like Nell has had a very soggy Boston, from the video looked like a biblical deluge, not what you want in a run! Still, no danger of heat stroke, unlike poor Cullum.

Funnily enough, only time I ever suffered from bad dehydration (needed 2 1/2L of Saline IV !!!) was London '98 when it was cold and v wet, just never drank, so silly, so hope Nell's ok.

Anyway, looks like London may dry her out, and Good Luck to any of you lot running, stay hydrated and wear a visor if it's sunny.

For me, was my last LSR (20) on Sunday, after my usual run to Parkrun and back Sat, so am starting my taper for Halstead now, Hurra.

YTD         384.78

• Options
    38 degrees + dust storm = treadmill

8.5 miles

YTD 638.62 miles

• Options
    Dubai - It is a barmy 17 degrees outside today, no dust storm either, whoopee!
  • Options
    Well done on completing Boston Little Nell - I just checked the results.

I would like to finish London an hour slower on Sunday

Safe trip home
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Evening guys

David - great consistent running even on hols! Love Cornwall, havent booked my holidays yet, hmmmm

Nell - Congratulations and lookibg forward to your write up on how it all went!

Getting close to the big one now for quite a few on here, I am super jealous and wish I was lining up as well, cant wait to see everyones reports over the weekend.

7.1 miles for me today in the sun for the first time really this year. What a difference it makes running with the sun on your face, without a hat and layers on?

216.43 YTD
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Nell: Where are you? Surely it doesn't take this long get home from Lincolnshire! Well done and looking forward to a fabulous race report.

YTD: 343.5
  • Options
    senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Boston, Mass, Donnie, bit of a long way away,  :)
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    4.16 miles run today, beautiful sunny day...

YTD 220.59 miles
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    5 miles tonight. Nice and warm, but not hot - if that makes sense!

290 YTD 
  • Options

3 miles each way wet run to pub & back on Tuesday & 6 mile hot club run last night, love the British weather.

Huge well done to everyone on logging great miles & hope Nell, "enjoyed" Boston...that looked epic, but great to see some surprise athletes doing so well in tough conditions.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend in London or wherever else.

Andrew, very close to 300 miles, looking good.

Lilly, 225 miles for you while Summer is here? (this weekend)

Me...525 miles YTD

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

Hobie - hoping to pass 300 by the end of the week. I expect I will still be a smidgen short of pro rata at the end of April, but will hope to be on course by the end of May (fingers crossed)! You're going well though!

Yes, looking forward to a race report from Nell!

• Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Did my 10k route tonight however watch died part way round and I was flying, I tell you flying, PB stuff.... well maybe!!

Nell: where are you? I'm about the organise a search party.

YTD: 349.7
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    4 very hot and sweaty miles for me this afternoon.

294 YTD 
  • Options
    Donnie2,

No need, I met Little Nell at the VLM Expo this afternoon - I will let her share all the gory details in her own charming style.

I wanted to acclimatise to the new weather so I did 15.33 miles on Tuesday and 13.71 miles yesterday making my
    YTD = 904.27 miles
    Am panning to a little bit tomorrow morning before going back to the Expo from 3:00 till 8:00pm and my usual short 7 odd miles on Saturday
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    5 miles tonight leaving me tantalisingly poised on 299 YTD.
  • Options
    Just a quick check-in to update my mileage and also to wish Good luck to everyone whose racing/pacing tomorrow - you'll be great!

18 Apr -10.4m
    20 Apr - 4.95m
    21 Apr - 14.65m

YTD: 596.5 Miles
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    No new miles today for me but just popoing on to wish everyone luck for tomorrow whichever race you are in. 

Im sure everyone will do amazingly, looking forward to race reports!