Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    Fabulous organising of the peasants Tubbs :):)  

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Hello

Hoorah Tubbs and very happy belateds Chuggy.

Have we heard from Podds or did someone carry out her instructions?

I went to Lundy. I saw Puffins. I am happy! It was all very Famous 5 and jolly.

I am back to reality.

I prefer Lundy!
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Morning. Apologies for my absence.

Is Podds still missing in action? Or did I mean Acton?

Goodness me, Tubbs, it's been A very long time since anyone has been able to herd the peasants into performing for a birthday so very fitting they put on such a spectacular performance for chuggy.

Oh DL,  talking to God on the great white telephone. Must have been a good party. When my say teen is this XFC or a new teen? 

Pippi, it sounds as though you had a fab weekend. Fancy the woman thinking pipette was a senior citizen. Glad you got the walk completed.

Sluggy, you paint a peaceful picture of you and sky cat snuggled up while the man of the house is out hunting 

Mrs fast fast another 4 weeks non weight bearing for mr FF is not good news for eithet of you. Super performance at liverpool mara especially in tough conditions.

MC kids spoil everything :-) 

Life here ok. Ma finally seems to be settling in to her new place. I've just returned from the annual Buddhist retreat.  Lovely time, lovely people and very restful.  I now need to use all that loving kindness on my senior work managers rather than hoping they'll turn into frogs.
  • Options
    Evening All

Sorry to say we had to say goodbye to Elvis today and send him on his way to Lady Muck and Guttie, Frankie and Ivor. Sweet dreams my precious, unassuming boy xxx

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭
    oh podds, so sorry

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Oh (((Podds))), I am so very sorry! 

RIP Elvis, play hard at the Bridge sweet boy.

Yums, I am glad your Ma is settling into her new home. How are the Minis getting on?

Mc, any joy with the jobhunting?
  • Options
    Morning lovelies

Sorry to hear about Elvis, he had all lovely time with you guys and so much better than what was in store for him , he’ll be in good company up there 

nice to to see the peasants back on patrol!

will have a quick read back which will probably mean no time to post :smiley:
  • Options

aw Podds sorry to hear about Elvis - you gave him a happy retirement xxx

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear Elvis has left the building. ((((((Podds))))) hardest part about having pets. As others have said , you did him proud.
  • Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    Poor Elvis. You gave him a happy few years.

MC I was wondering about your job front too.

Spent the weekend in Anglesey, camping and walking the north-west coast. Absolutely gorgeous weather and views. You look at blue sky, blue sea and the flowery cliffs and think you could be anywhere - somewhere exotic you see in holiday brochures. 
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭
    hi all

jobs - well, I haven't handed my notice in which I am sure I am going to regret, but I decided to have another go at applying for the Educational Psychology course next year and of course I need to have a reference so I thought it would be better to stay where I am and get the reference. So I am committed to staying where I am till at least xmas. Mum is getting worse and I am really not sure how long she will survive now - they have had to stop the chemo because the side effects were too bad, but of course that means that the cancer is growing. She doesn't have much energy and hasn't been out much. Last weekend we spent Satuday in A&E.... so staying where I am won't make it awkward when I need to have some time off whereas I wouldn't want to take time off in a new job. The thought of having to go back after the summer hols though isn't very cheery

pippi - I love Anglesey
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Oh Podds, I am so sorry to hear that you've lost the lovely Elvis. These things are always so terribly hard and never get easier. I'll always remember when cushtie, the boys and myself came to Deal for the new years day bra run. Mini yums 1, Mr P cushtie, ivor and Elvis turned back early and you, me miniyums 2 and DG returned to find the other dogs snuggled up in the back of your car. Elvis and cushtie were loved up and he was upset when she got up to greet us. He was smashing chap

Sorry to hear your mum isn't doing so well, MC. It' must be heart breaking for you to see the change in her. I hope her health stabilises as neither of you need to be in A&E - it's full of sick people  

Pippi your description of Anglesey made me smile. It sounds wonderful. 

Ooh the lesser spotted m...eldy. Hello dear :-)

Life here is much the same. Mini no1 is collecting yrollies and no2 is working lots and thoroughly enjoying his specials training.  NYL has steroids as her arthritis is bad and she's like a different woman. No wonder they're banned in sport! 
    This weekend we've watched the rocky horror show  at the cinema in the woods and then local musicians performing so fresco in different woods to raise money for the local wildlife trust
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Afters

Sometimes MC it's worth hanging on to what you know until the right thing comes along rather than jumping blind. Better the devil and all that!

Anglesey sounds fab. I have had a bit of a jaunt myself. Finally made it up to a school we have near Banff and then over to Kilmarnie near Largs. Have basically had to take loads of photos for my Mum who told me where we used to go on holiday. I think she forgets when I was in Portnockie I was in a womb! Aberdeenshire was amazing, great weather and beach walks after work. Ayreshire was storm Hector and horizontal rain!

This week I'm heading down to the New Forest - never a dull moment?!

I haven't run for over a month . Someone send me some time and some spare mojo please.or maybe Yums you could get me some of NYL's medication!

Podds, hope life is getting to its new normal?

Happy Eid - bit late but better late than never!
  • Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    I think DL has a good point about the devil you know etc and at least you have a couple of good reasons for staying put for a while. My friend/colleague is in a similar position as she will be returning soon from maternity leave. She had applied for a job which she didn't get and now thinks that staying with us for a while will be good. If she has to go home for the baby, nobody will judge her as she has nothing to prove. Also, she can just fit right back in without having to learn new children, new routines etc. Coping back at work with a new baby is change enough!

I've nearly finished my reports ...  I'm giving up for tonight as my brain has stopped.

I led a nice walk yesterday from Threlkeld to Keswick. When we got to Keswick we found the Lakesman triathlon was on. I didn't realise there were quite so many pirates!
  • Options
    The buggers get everywhere Pippi............and judging by some of the photos I've seen of the night before be thankful you saw then in tri kit...........it could have been so much worse!!!

Morning All btw - can you tell GCSEs are finally coming to an end?  I have resurfaced :)
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

Yums, I am glad that NYL is feeling better with the steroids. The do give extra energy and generally increased well being as well as dealing with inflammation. It's good to hear that the Minis are doing well. How is your Ma?

Good to see you Podds.

Pippi, I hope you have now finished the dreaded reports.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭
    podds - good to hear you have got through exam seaason. I am about to start marking GCSE papers, I hate it, it is so boring, but does mean a bit of extra money for the summer!

Mum is going to be buried at a Natural Burial site and went to see it on Monday, sounds like she really likes, so although it is a bit of a morbid conversation, I am glad she is happy with it. They are going to plant a tree on her plot and we can scatter wild flower seeds too
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Is that a weekend I can see approaching?

Hoorah and falderee.

MC - horrible to have to make such plans but also good in its own way ((((MC and family)))

Hope the reports and exam season is drawing to a close

I meant to run this morning

oops. I seem to have forgotten.

Hope the good weather brings you all a happy weekend
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

Mc, I am glad that your mum is able to make plans and hope that gives her some peace of mind. At least, when the time comes, you will know exactly what she wanted and I hope that will make things a bit easier for you.

SlugMummy had pre-paid her funeral, written out the order of service, chosen hymns and readings etc many years ago. I laughed at the time but was really glad of it when the time came.

DL, no point in starting running at this time of year. You might as well wait until January and make a fresh start then  >:)
  • Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    Thank you Sluggie - you are my hero!

I am taking your advice
  • Options

morning all

MC I'm glad your Mum has made her choices - perhaps that is a comfort to her. My FIL arranged everything for his own funeral and wanted his ashes interned (is that the word?) with his mum and twin sister. he didn't make any arrangements for his wife - I thought that was a bit odd but she didn't seem too concerned

its my round and round in circles marathon tomorrow - I like the thought that I could give up at half way if I hate it :)

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    I don't envy you Jenni, it is too hot for running!
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭
    hi all

JFF - hope you got on ok today, this heat is too much for me, I haven't run in the past week just a short one this morning. 

• Options

hello all I survived :)

it was a fairly small event and despite taking 5:20 I came 22 out of 44 so that's not bad :):)

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Glad you survived Jenni, halfway is a half decent finishing position.
  • Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    Well done JFF! 

It was our local R4L yesterday. My retired colleague ran - the one who ten + years ago said it was okay for me, but she couldn't run. Twenty years ago I would have said the same (that I couldn't run, not that she couldn't!!! ;-) )

I did the Liverpool Chester bike ride yesterday having made a last minute entry decision. I didn't go for the 50 mile return route, despite asking advice on here about training plans because I never did any of them! 25 was fine, finished by 11 o'clock before the heat got too bad, and most of the route was sheltered tree-lined lanes (we do have them on Merseyside!). I must enter the 50 early next year to make myself train - I should start now, then all those excuses (we've been away lots of weekends, or walking, and I'm busy of an evening ...) won't count. It is such a great route to start off through the Mersey tunnel, then a few miles into countryside with pretty villages. I always think it is a good advert for what we have if you aren't local. 

One thing that impressed me - there was a halfway station with snacks and drinks, and bike servicing, but I stopped twice at the quarter and three quarter points (roughly!) to have a good drink from my bottle. I can't drink and ride! Both times as I pulled over, a passing rider checked I was okay. Very comradely, cyclists!
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Morning.

How is everyone?

Yay to GCSEs being over. How fab do you feel, Podds getting some balance back in your life.

DL, when you said you'd been to Banff I was impressed. Then i saw Aberdeen! After work beach strolls sound gawjus though.  I suspect NYL  might notice that we've snaffled her drugs. I'll try though

Pippi that sounds a like a fab bike ride. Is it fairly flat? My experience of bike rides is the food stops are fab. I'm surprised you didn't feel the need to join in with the pirates in Keswick.

Hello sluggy, how are you and Emess? Are you still a bowls widow? How is the choir and what' are you singing at the moment? 

MC it must feel strange to be planning for your mum's funeral. The natural burial sounds lovely. To me they feel more comforting and peaceful  than a traditional one and planting a tree is a lovely idea.

Well done that Mrs Farfar. It's been horribly warm recently. Too warm for running. And to be in the top 50% is impressive.

Life here is ... previous weekend was the  24 he off road run. It was fab as  chum took Janice her camper van. So luxurious I've been ruined. Did the sunset and sunrise runs as well as more so 25 miles done. Last weekend Bland i watched a performance of midsummer night's dream in the woods. Surprisingly I enjoyed it.. very same woods I found a 6000yr old Neolithic stone scraper recently.
    Ma is good. Today would have been dad's birthday so I'm going for tea with mum

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Hello lovely waister pals, been thinking of you lately :) 

Glad ma is good Yums, and I hope dad's birthday wasn't too poignant. Impressed at you running for 24 hours (or 25 miles - why not round it up to a marathon!)

My mum did the Liverpool to Chester ride a few years ago Pippi and loved it :) 

excellent half marathon Jenni - I'm impressed at anyone doing a race with so few people in, and in this heat too! 

Your mum's decisions sound lovely MC :) Must be strange having those conversations, although I suppose it does make it easier for the relatives later. I'm lucky enough never to have been in the position of having to make decisions (yet). 

All jolly here, although it is SO dry and we've had moorland fires just a few short miles away :( the grass isn't growing at all - what happens when the cows have munched it all and it's not growing back? They've taken in one lot of hay, but there really should be another one and again, it's just not growing. All quite worrying. 

Anyway, would you believe I have been running?! No idea why I chose to take it up again in this heat, but I started the couch to 5k (for the 800th time) last week - week 2, day 2 today, and I actually ran faster than I think I've ever run in my life! I was only doing 1m30s run segments but did one of them at 8.11mm, one at 8.02mm and one at 7.34mm!! Downhill, but even so! (we'll gloss over the 14 and 16mm ones when I was going up on the track over the moors...)

Went for a 10 mile bike ride last night too (on the flat) - did my last mile at 3.58mm. Don't know what's happened to me! It's certainly not general healthiness - I'm 3 stone heavier than I was four years ago (when I did all my fastest running) and I've been stuck in a hotel all week for work (just during the day times) eating biscuits and cream-laden risotto... 

Waist well lovely folks. Thought of you the other day when the mileometer in the car went over 180,000 and I bloody missed it!
  • Options
    Afternoon All

I would leave my note of absence on Meldy's desk but I know she's been playing hooky too...........I've got the photographic evidence  :D:dizzy:

I am now back in my office............... :(
  • Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    That looks lovely Podds - I assume it isn't the view from your office?  :D I trust you and Melds had fun.

Mr P very kindly booked my car in for its MOT today in good time before it runs out - the only day I really need my own car! I have to take the footballers to the park and I'm the only one insured and available - so put it off until next week. According to one boy (not the Einstein of the team) - we won! I did clarify to his mum that we won 5-5! but compared to recent results, that's a win!