Options

A thousand miles in 2021?

Comments

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Where is everybody?
    Eventually got out in late afternoon for a 7 mile run. First five miles were walk/run as breathing didn't seem happy with steady running. (Surely not too soon after parkrun?!) Could blame it on the late lunch.
    Any way, happy to be running without any leg discomfort.  Yes. It was a slow one.

YTD: 890' .
  • Options
    5 miles this morning - lovely morning too.

YTD: 1046
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    I'm here!

Good to hear no leg pain, MrMr2. Harmander what a lovely offer, and I would be delighted to take it up, but it's a long way so I will virtually cheer people on from 'up north'. 

DR keep going! Donnie no hip pain is worth celebrating. Quite a few people up here have been really hit hard with this cold (and they know it is not COVID because they are in jobs when they are tested very regularly). Must be because none of us had a cold last year! Had not thought of the Doncaster 10km, might look for next year. 

Lots of sheep, cows, dogs and runners this morning. Went to run to feel, ended up being a prog run without me knowing till the end. 

YTD: 1017.44
  • Options
    Getting nicer out there, a more pleasant 29 degrees at 8am

Runstreak day 315

8.11 3.24
    9.11 4.01
    10.11 8.14

YTD 1593.03 miles

• Options
    Harmander: lovely offer and maybe one day but I'm away up here in South Yorkshire so not this year. 

TT: I'd recommend the Doncaster 10k. Flat closed roads, lengthy straights with a bit of town centre. Best race hq ever. Main stand at Doncaster race course is open, literally hundreds of indoor proper toilets, heating on, concessions open, shelter if needed pre run and thousands of free parking spaces within 200 metres of the start. Think the field is capped at about 3000. 

Completed 6.5 yesterday evening in lovely conditions. I was a couple of minutes slower than I'd have liked. Still blaming my cold and my hip. I think I'm 'carrying' my injury which is affecting my stride. Think stretching is the way forward. 

Ytd: 1127.3
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    DR 2.9 degrees would be more realistic for us at the moment.

Donnie I'll look out for Doncaster, will admit decent parking is a big factor. 

5*800 at 5km pace with a very, very long WU and WD!

YTD: 1025.11
  • Options
    6 for me today, with a few strides in the last mile. Still a long way from where I was, but happy to be running again.

YTD: 1052
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thought I was on the wrong thread; with talk of Strides and 800m reps!!! Great stuff; wish I was there. However, at the moment it is the simple joy (?) of 'one foot in front of the other'!!!
    Unfortunately I've had a few days of leg issues. Sometimes it is just 'niggles' and other times it is full-on pain. (Doctor thought that it was probably back-related; so get on with the stretches!)
    Wanted to get out yesterday for a double-figure run but after two steps outside the door I knew that running was OFF; couldn't even walk without an uncomfortable limp.

Then today, after some very slight reminders that I wasn't 100%, I set off cautiously. Thought about turning back after half a mile but included some walk sections and persevered. Eventually the discomfort eased although I did continue with 'walk/run' for about 5 miles. Kept the slow running going to complete  Half-mara distance. Not proud of 2:33 but very happy to be running.

Cal...Have a great week-end!

YTD: 903' .
  • Options
    Nice club run last night, stunning weather, slight mist to make lights of town fair look cool.
    Hill reps outside the house today...yum.
    1553 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Out last night for 5 miles. If I run a little bit quicker I suspect my posture improves which has a positive impact on my hip. Did the 5 in exactly 40 minutes and fell away in the final 800m but, overall, good news. 

Ytd: 1132.3
  • Options
    Runstreak day 317

11.11 8.7
    12.11 3.26

YTD 1604.99 miles 

• Options
    8.1 in the Friday night drizzle. Hip / thigh, I'm convinced it's due to tightness some where, just not sure where! 

Ytd: 1140.4
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Donnie have you seen a physio?

Two unexpected rest days, picked up a cold, too much going out! 

Went out this morning as I felt better than yesterday, managed 2.34 miles. Think I'll leave it another day........

YTD: 1027.45
  • Options
    TT: no physio yet! I write about stretching, but I'm still not doing as much as I should. 

I still think my lingering cold is impacting on my breathing. Making me glup in more air which makes me feel slightly sick. Parkrun today is a very typical time, but finished feeling sick! 

Ytd: 1143.5
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about everyone's niggly bits, but I can relate. 
    Up in Manchester this weekend so opted for Peel parkrun this morning. It's a nice park that is bordered by the River Irwell and made for a lovely run in the Autumn sun. Got my fastest time of the year so far, too, at 26:47...a ways from my best but moving in the right direction.

YTD: 1055
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie... sounds like you're not really clear yet. But it's good that you can still keep a steady pace!

Cal... Great start to your week-end. Decent parkrun result! All the best for the Half!!!

Hobie and Dubai... both going well! Hope you can keep it going for the rest of the year!

TT... another one with a cold! Sorry. Hope you pick up soon.

Legs were feeling good today so got out for a 'steady' 7 mile run. Don't know where the pace has gone but it's certainly nowhere to be found at the moment. But I'm running, so life is good!

YTD: 910' .
  • Options
    Less than 7 weeks to go Dubai - rooting for you.
    Good news and bad news.
    The good news is that the Osteopath confirmed that the root of my more than niggly problems lies in a sore/irritable L4. Gave me some strengthening exercises and said I should not remain inactive. Just do what I feel is comfortable and stop as soon as I feel it is getting worse and rest for a day or two and start again. Also said the rest of my back was very strong as were my leg muscles all over.
    But
    The Bad news is that it could take a while to be robust enough to run fast again.

Cal, any news on how you are shaping up for the 12 December event - we got over 220 participants in total including deferrals

08/11 - 4.02
    10/11 - 3.16
    13/11 - 4.02

(11.20)

YTD = 1209.02 miles.
  • Options
    Great 1600 Dubai, you're a long way up the road from me now. Awesome.
    Hope everyone's niggles are on the mend. Harmander, at least you've got an answer and can work on it.
    Took our Friday night group out for a 10k without a rest stop, they all did brilliantly. Coast path half for me today, watching the local dolphins on the way.
    1573 miles YTD 
    133,832 ft elevation
  • Options
    Harmander, I'm very tempted but I think I'm going to be sensible and give it a miss this time - I need to ramp up a bit more slowly to avoid reinjuring myself. I got through Alton Towers half better than expected today but I did feel my hammy quite a lot so I'm going to be cautious about stepping up distance and so on.
    Speaking of Alton, I was pretty happy with how it went (2:04:34....I was expecting it to be slower but I was pretty comfy around 9:30-40 pace so stuck with that for most of it). Got a lot of rides done after, too, so it was a good day.

YTD: 1068
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander... A mixed report from you, but not all bad! Hope that you'll be able to make good decisions as you navigate your way back to fitness! Congrats on passing 1200 miles!

Dubai... Still looking good! Congrats on passing 1600 miles!

Hobie... Well done on Friday's 10km group run. Dolphin watching is a bonus!

Cal... Very pleased for you; getting so close to 2 hours after everything that has been going on! Great.

Too nice not to run yesterday; just 4 miles, trying to mix-up the pace. (?)

YTD: 914' .
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal good run and good rides, good day!

Hobie sounds like some fabulous running trails to be run where you are.

Harmander I can see why that is good and bad news. I will say I am impressed with a physio who says move! Mine does but the one I saw at A&E told me to rest for six weeks, fortunately the consultant was a runner and disagreed. 

MrMr2 totally agree any run is better than no run.

Well as I know it's not COVID and it's 'above the neck' it was a 'what the heck' run this morning. Decided to wait till it was what passes for light here at the moment! Good run, enjoyed it, like MrMr2, it was a run.

YTD: 1034.48
  • Options
    Thanks...it was a pretty hilly course too. I know the park so I expected that - a lot of other people I know found it quite tough.
  • Options
    Congrats Cal on getting the half done.

Hobie, I’m not that far ahead!

Harmander glad you can keep running.

Lots of talk about pace, speed..etc. Just get out and enjoy running no matter what pace you’re doing. I’ve increased my off road running which means sand and gravel here, it’s slower but really enjoying it. Just have to keep an eye out for scorpions and snakes.

Still hotter than it should be here, 33 degrees today. This time next month I’ll be home in Ireland for the first time in over 3 years, may be interesting running.

Runstreak day 320

13.11 4.14
    14.11 8.84
    15.11 8.37

YTD 1626.34 miles

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    DR I think you might be in for a bit of a climate shock! It was single figures here for nearly all yesterday.

Spin then run, I decided to skip the last track of spin, hills, for the benefit of my legs. Lots of dogs, lots of smiley people. Cake in oven, chocolate being delivered later, perfect day! 

YTD: 1041.40
  • Options
    Dubai, I bet you'll feel like you're frozen stiff after being in Dubai for so long.

TT, sounds perfect indeed!

4 recovery today. A little sore in places but it was far too nice a day to spend indoors (well, at least the morning was).

YTD: 1072
  • Options
    Re climate shock, today was a run in the warm sun followed by swim and then later BBQ lit, back in the pool and dinner outside. Don’t think I’ll be doing any of those next month!

Runstreak day 321, 7.92 miles

YTD 1634.26 miles

• Options
    Cal: well done on Alton towers HM. Last there, theme park not as a runner, in 1984. I'd just finished my A levels. It was during the miners strike, I'd managed to get the family car for the day, we were stopped by police just south of Doncaster, they thought we were flying pickets!! 

Twice around my 5 mile loop (Sunday and tonight), if I run quicker, my hip is fine. 

Ytd: 1153.5
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    DR, don't want to panic you but there was ice on the cars this morning! 

Donnie hopefully you have a solution? Will admit I am stretching more.

Glad to say both chocolate deliveries arrived, and well, I had to check the quality didn't I?

Running east this morning was fabulous, running West was a different matter!

YTD: 1049.54
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai... Hope that your trip home wont stop the streak! And agree about the climate difference; you need to spend a few hours in the fridge!

TT... What quantity of chocolate are we talking about here?! Never needed a delivery van for my purchases!

Perfect weather for a long run today. Back down on the south coast, so enjoyed the seafront and a few climbs from beach to cliff-top! (They certainly change the average pace, but as Dubai so rightly said, 'just get out and enjoy running'. and I did...but part of me would have enjoyed it more if I was 5 mins quicker!)

So, 15 miles brings me to 929' YTD.
  • Options
    7 miles yesterday and 5 today. First time I've run three days in a row since my injury, so fingers crossed. 
    Donnie, I guess there wasn't much there besides Corkscrew eh?

YTD: 1084