Options

Bath Half Marathon

Comments

• Options
    I think it's all included in the £19 isn't it Boy Wonder??
  • Options
    Boy Wonder,

On my watch I finished in 1:34 - grateful if you could confirm from the paper please.
    Thanks

Tony Hodge
  • Options
    Yeah right and if you organised a race for 5,000 people the results would be on-line right away as soon as people crossed the finishing line - but I suspect you don't organise a race, so it would be nice if you gave those involved a break and kept your sarcy comments to yourself until you've been there and tried it.
  • Options
    I enjoyed it but my number arrived and I live in Bath. Well done to all runners supporters and marshals.

Please make the numbers out of that nice waterproof weave material next time. I saw alot of peope ecarrying their chips!

Totally loathe the resident who emailed regarding the car situtaiton. Bath is congested because of people like them driving everywhere! Would have been nice if both carriages had been shut as horrible breathing in the car fumes. Not nessarily to increase numbers. also would mean ambulances would have had more space.

Also I would like to ban people smoking on the route (I didnt see any runners smoking?)
    as it is nice to have clear air. You need so much of it!

I was thrilled as This was the second Bath half I have done (last years was my first ever race) and I knocked 25 minutes off my time to get into sub 2 hrs.

Just a point on entrants - I understand why people who missed places get peioroty entry but why do participants? This seems a bit unfair. Maybe Priority to rejects and everyone else equal playing field?

... or maybe prioty to non car driving Bath residents? ;)
  • Options
    Tony - 510 - 1.34.31
  • Options
    I'm not having a go at you personally BW as I'm sure you are stressed out enough trying to pick up the pieces. The looking up of race times individually shouldn't be necessary. Other races seem to manage and a race of this size shouldn't make promises that it can't keep.
  • Options
    Boy Wonder!

I slowly stumbled in:

Shahana Ahmed 4791 ....I think!
  • Options
    I agree with Trinity. Other races can do it - as can many other sports. Why not Bath? I suspect there's some sort of deal on whereby the Bath Chronicle has been promised exclusivity for 24hrs so that they can sell some more papers...
  • Options
    Sorry Shana - if you give me a time I'll look you up
  • Options
    The wonders of modern technology never cease to amaze me- there was a cock up in the results last year so lets go to computer technology.
    unfortunately seems to have made things worse as most of the moans in the thread seem to revolve round this.
    It was promised in your program that results would be on the website "shortly after".
    Could you at least put who won the prizes in what times on the site. its always interesting to see how you did cpmpared with the elite athletes /vets/masters etc
  • Options
    BW -When the results fo on the website will thee be a chip time as well as the gun time?
  • Options
    Website results -no idea, I'm just the man who stood at the end of the finish funnel for hours, and with access to today's Bath Chronicle results supplement and some idea of what went on tried to answer some questions.

The owner of the paper has has just gone home taking it with him (1.38 for his first half - well done Dan) and I'm right behind him out the door.. over and out.
  • Options
    Thanks Boy Wonder for all the info you've given us all today!
  • Options
    kennokenno ✭✭✭
    I did it, hurray for me! 1h59m30s! Anyone else think the organisation was a bit shambolic this year? What's the point in having tents to put your bag in to keep it safe when they just let you wonder in and get your bad when you have finished? That's what everyone in my area was doing. The tent was clearly understaffed.

I was also dissapointed that even though I wore a '118' shirt, nobody shouted 'I've got your number'. Never mind, there's always next time.....
  • Options
    And now he's left the building may we have a vote of appreciation for the 'man on the front line'..... I give you BOY WONDER

(only lost his cool once....amazing! -and I'm being sincere... not sarcy!)
  • Options
    I think i need to know now could someone please look up my offical time for me please

robert mchenry 4149 approx 1:34:43

cheers in advance however looks it up for me i owe you a pint!
  • Options
    Thanks Trinity - still signing my post out -office life goes on as well - don't know I'm going to record all today's lost chargeable hours!
  • Options
    Can anyone provide times for 125 and 3099.

John
  • Options
    Ken, I did clock your shirt but it was near the end so I was knackered and just couldn't muster the energy to comment, it took my mind off the pain for a bit though - thanks!
  • Options
    kennokenno ✭✭✭
    Thanks for noticing me spooner! I was worried that people would think I was an idiot, but no one else had the idea, so maybe I was quite original after all.... Can anyone find my time for me? Number was 2236 (I think) Ken Baldwin and time was just under two hours by a few seconds
  • Options
    Shahana Ahmed 4791 2:01 maybe?
  • Options
    Am disappointed that Ken hasn't asked for my official time - being his girl and all that too!!

Louise Hubble: I made it 1:54:28 by my watch.. it was about 1:55ish by the clock..

Thanks!
  • Options
    kennokenno ✭✭✭
    Sorry my dear, can anyone find it out for her, even though she did beat me. Anyone going to Milton Keynes next weekend? The 118 shirt will be out again, look out for me and I expect some shouts this time! I will be the winner this time!
  • Options
    I'll always shout for you!
  • Options
    I hate clean air and love fast cars and smoking a lot. I would be eternally grateful if someone could let me know who won the Female Vets 55 as despite smoking 20plus a day and drinking too much whiskey I may just have done it
    No.2700(1hr 44). IF I have then I can spend the 50quid on more booze and fags.Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Wow! Imagine how your times would improve if you smoked and drank even more!

1 hr 44m17s
    Position 1052

Dont know if you won group or not as not listed seperately.

Well Done!

• Options
    Ruth E could you please find mine please

robert mchenry 4149 approx 1hr 34:43
    thank you
  • Options
    Ken B
    I saw you at the start...near the front, right? I also heard someone shouting "I've got your number".

Don't you think it's a bit passe' this year?

Did you see the runner in the Little Miss Costume? I bet that weighed a ton at the end. I lapped her(?) after near the split point. I wouldn't be surprised if she(?) just went on to the finish. I know from the pace differentials that some did.

In the absence of mid point electronics, how did the organisers avoid cheats?
  • Options
    Are the results available somewhere ?

Thanks and well done to all.............. dried out yet ?

Julian
  • Options
    Rob McHenry 1:34:48 pos 518
    Louise Hubble 1:55:11 pos 1907

from the Bath Chronicle

Couldn't see Shahana Ahmed though