Options

Paddock Wood Half-Marathon 2006

Comments

• Options
    Cinders, you've still got over a week until this race, and that's plenty of time for the weather to become unseasonably hot and cause me to blow up again this year! Still, I would far rather that happened in PW rather than during the FLM as happened to me one year (1998, I think).
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Hi all got my kids fun run numbers today no. 6 & 7.
  • Options
    looking forward to this,received fun run numbers yesterday,hopefully receive mine early this week.agenda for the week.
    7 or 8 miles tomorrow,5 miles on tuesday and thursday.trying to take things easy as this will be my 3rd 1/2 in 5 weeks and i really pushed myself on the other 2.
    AB2 going by the weather this morning you could well be right with regards to the hot weather.(another possible blowout)who was it talking about the vets earlier in this thread,your just a pup,in january i became a senior vet (boo hoo).but my times are still improving.
  • Options
    SCRUMMY,just noticed your the vet lady and its your birthday on the day.
    word of warning,it was my sons birthday on the day of the run last year and the p.a. made a big thing of it,called him out at the start of the fun run.
    on the plus side he was given an easter egg.
    good luck
  • Options
    Hi all

I'm doing this race on sunday too - just hoping the weather improves! it's blowing a gale in tunbridge wells at the moment! I ran TW half a month ago and ran a PB. Hoping I can better it on Sunday - as some of you have said, it SHOULD be a faster course, but doesn't always work out like that!. Anybody done both before? Thought perhaps it might be 1-2mins faster?
    Good luck to everyone
    Snuffles Race #57.
  • Options
    I ran TW this year in 1:44 (previously 1:42 in 1997), and Paddock Wood last year in 1:36:40 (and 1:35:45 the year before that). I am better suited to racing in the warm than the cold, and TW was more of a training run, and Paddock Wood much more of a race, but as you can see I am hoping to be 8-9 minutes faster again this year. Mind you TW was extremely cold this year (tights and a fleece) and PW extremely warm last year (shorts and vest).
  • Options
    Hmm... Training not going well for anything because of illness, so this week's run could be a bit of a lottery!
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    We have our own celebrity Dean from Run for Glory.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    I don't know what happen there.
  • Options
    I still have no number but I know it's 1029
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    bobbye - Have you emailed the race director?
  • Options
    its gonna be 15 degrees and light rain on Saturday, with rain to clear on the sunday, should be good conditions! just hope my legs are up for it as well!
  • Options
    apart from the 20mph easterly wind...
  • Options
    Well Hastings was forcast to be wet and windy until a day or two before but it turned out fine and dry (if a little chilly).
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Better be prepared for a bit of everything then!!! Its almost gale force up here in Margate today.
  • Options
    suppose it can't be worse than tunbridge wells half - sleet, -5 windchill and 25mph head wind along the last 3 miles.. fingers crossed though - it is blowing a gale here too.
  • Options
    I'm race number 1109 I think from the list and my number had not arrived Monday. As it happens the race director works in the same office building as me, so if I see him walking round I will ask how up to date they are on entries, and what the backlohg is likely to be. I know he has problems with some 'temporary' roadworks that he is trying to resolve, so I don't envy him.

Not many things can be worse that Tunbridge Wells this year, only Tunbridge Wells the year before when there was too much snow for racing.
  • Options
    Hi all The current Mrs F and I will be there hope to meet up with some of you.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Mark - Andre is running with Bernard. I hope he makes it without falling over.
  • Options
    awww bless lets hope he does.
  • Options
    Anyone else doing the paddock wood half for the first time? Have only ever done two races before-a 5k and 10k, both for charity....feeling the nerves set in already! (especially after windy speed session today...hope it's not against the elements on sunday!)
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Hi Suzie 2 - This will be the first time I am doing Paddock Wood half. What time are you aiming for?
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Hi Suzie2 too, this too (too many 2's) will my second Paddock Wood so good luck :-)
  • Options
    number arrived today and i only posted my entry on the 19th.considering running the fun run as well with my kids,my son is ok but my daughter needs a bit of encouragement.
    SUZIE 2.my first paddock wood 1/2,as you have only run a 5 and 10k up to now i would suggest taking it nice and easy and just try to enjoy the day.try to tag along with someone else and encourage each other.good luck
  • Options
    Thank you for the word of warning but big boos all around I have been advised to pull out of the race to say I was a little upset would be and understatement! long story involving divorce passing out and other nasties! as it would have been my first half and I was getting myself all worked up have been advised by GP to chill out so although I am upset in another way I know I will do it next year!
    So I will be there in spirit to cheer you all on!

Good luck
  • Options
    sorry to hear that scrummy,i might have to claim your easter egg if i hear your name called out.
    may be an idea to have a goal to aim for.
    i.e.enter a run in a month or so,something to focus on.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    ((((Scrummy))) Look after yourself.

Paul Nelder - How old is your daughter? My daughter is 10 she will run by herself but is not very fast. She doe not take after her dad. My daughter is number 6 and my son who will be running with my husband is number 7.

Suzie - I will be aiming for 2hr 20mins, if you want some company.
  • Options
    Dont worry paul already signed up for several more races at the end of summer just need some chill time esp as I have had to start medication eek!!

With the lighter evenings my runnings only going to get better with more practice! so next year I might just whopp some butt to retrieve my easter egg from you!

please tell me every detail on your returns please everyone!
  • Options
    hi tracey,my daughter is 13,she actually enjoys running and sports but my son 11 is a lot faster and just leaves her behind.she thinks its not "cool" for her to run so she loses interest easy.
    i think it will be a good warm up for me as well.

your on scrummy,end of summer with an easter egg for the winner.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Just looked at BBC weather, we might need suncream. It says a Sunny 13C, but 20mph wind.