Options

MODERATLEY ANNOYED, but not too annoyed thread

Comments

• Options
    That's a bummer. Come and work in the exciting world of local government finance.

SVT, I see Camilla Parker-Bowles's daughter has married a man who went from being a male model to being a chartered accountant. Was this your career path?
  • Options
    ST - very close. I worked in IT for four years before ACA traiing. So pretty much male modelling.

I do financial and operational modelling now, if that's any better.
  • Options
    Lovely segue, SVT, very impressive!

Financial modelling - can life get any more exciting?

I've done bits of PSC, for my sins....
  • Options
    ...which I'm sure are many!

:-)

Mid-afternoon cake, anyone? Vanilla slices and custard doughnuts a speciality.
  • Options
    hmmm.....

i member reading a list in the Herald newspaper and it was "100 things to do in Scotland before you die"

one was "eat a custard slice from Fisher and Donaldson's in St Andrews."

My fave, ta svt.

<<<pops off to work on the other 99>>>
  • Options
    You cheeky monkey! This is obviously the day for people to think they can be rude to me.

:-D

Will pass on the cakes, thanks all the same. Otherwise I'll have no chance of getting into these jeans!
  • Options
    ST - fair enough. I'm not eating one either.

dude - any other highlights from that list? Lunacy was highly recommending the fish and chip van in Tobermory - I'm sending the parents to check it out.

Vanilla/custard slices are my favourite cakes, but the most impractical design ever. As soon as you bite into them, the filling explodes out of the side, and your fingers get covered in the stickiest icing known to man. If they didn't taste so good, I could almost get miffed.
  • Options
    I've done 11, 30, 36, 46, 50, 51, 75, 79, 84, 89, 93 and 96. So still some way to go!!

Thanks Dude.
  • Options
    Right - time to plan the holiday and spot things within striking distance of my parents...

3. Take the West Highland line to Mallaig
    Done it. Well, return trip from Mallaig to Fort William at least. The steam train goes past my parents' house.

5. Drive over the Bealach na Ba to Applecross
    Sounds like fun - maybe I will hire an Aston Marting for the day.

17. Follow in the footsteps of St Columba
    Well, a trip to Mull is pretty much compulsory (daughter will want to visit Balamory). So we could carry on to Iona.

18. Walk the West Highland Way
    Yes please. But the rest of the family might complain about me disappearing for a few days.

26. Feed a Highland Cow
    Oh yes. There's a few at the bottom of the road next to the distillery.

33. Bag all the Munros
    Well, you can see 30-odd from my parents' house, but see 18 above.

42. Eat at The Three Chimneys
    Let's see how much money we have spare...

44. Climb Ben Nevis
    Oh yes. It just sits there, laughing at you, when you open the curtains in the morning. But we'll see who'll be laughing by the end of June.

51. Visit a malt whisky distillery
    Definitely. In conjunction with 26 above.

74. Have a large Laphroaig
    Well of course. Just never done it in Scotland before.

79. Read the Oor Wullie/Broons annual
    Done it. Used to be a highlight of my holiday as a kid.

97. Eat a deep-fried Mars Bar
    If I find one, I'll do it.

A busy fortnight lies ahead...

• Options
    Obviously I can't afford to hire an Asont Martin, so I going for the cheaper copy known as an Aston Marting.
  • Options
    Getting really miffed with my inability to type now.
  • Options
  • Options
    Teehee...

Hello fellow miffers!

Well done on your run Dude, sounds like you made the most out of a race under difficult circumstances!

Loved that list and have already done: 2, 3, 6, 7, 13, 28, 32, 33 (well, not all of the Munroes), 42, 44, 46, 49 (well, almost, we could not land as the sea was too rough), 50, 51, 74, 80 and 92.

I think it is time for another trip to glorious Scotland and do some more on that list. I am inspired now!

Off to do some more packing and oooh, miffed as I have now got confirmation from the Physio that I should not run for another 6 weeks, as I would otherwise risk ossification on my heamatoma and I don't want bony bits inside my calf muscle :-(

Better make myself some chocomilk to make me feel better...
  • Options
    Hanneke - ouch. Let me hook up the drip.
  • Options
    ((((Hanneke))))

Poor you! let me pour some Krug into the drip bag.

:-D

Much nicer than chocomilk!!
  • Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Heamatoma ... nasty. Ouch !
  • Options
    JARS( she )JARS( she ) ✭✭✭
    Evenin all

Haematoma sounds like something off ER

uugghh

........tops up Krug drip.......

• Options
    Evening.

<brings in case of Krug and tops up drip, also pours glasses for all>

How is everyone this evening?
  • Options
    ..Good

!

Off to read another chapter or two of Dragon Rider to the crew

Back later!
  • Options
    <pours glass for Jars to take with her>

Later!
  • Options
    Oh lovely ST Thank You muchly

fraid I will ahve to call it a night, really tired!

Sleep well my lovelies!
  • Options
    Night night, Jars. Sleep well!
  • Options
    Ahhhhhhh, yaaaaaaawn....

<Wakes up from a Krug induced coma and suddenly the world looks brighter>

It's only 6 more weeks... so I jumped (well, stepped) onto my new racing bike tonight and went for a gentle 1hr20 min bike ride and am now feeling better.

Yeah, haematoma... thats like a very very very bruised bruise :-)and takes very very very much longer to heal :-(

• Options
    superb Hanneke....

a brand new one?? kewl

I am both excited for you, and very jealous too :)

glad it went ok and at least you can train, if not run.
  • Options
    Thanks Dude, was wondering where you were!

No, not brand new. It's a second hand Giant TCR, but bought from a true gear freak. He had assembled it himself and it has top wack stuff on it. Really happy with it. Bought it in Holland in March. Bikes are about 30% cheaper there...

Pitty I have not been able to use it more than twice yet. But now that I have to take it easy, even on the cycling, it gives me a good opportunity to get used to the bike and especially the cleats :-) It's quite scary going around town with your feet stuck in the pedals...

It does make me feel better to be able to do something though, now that I cannot run.
  • Options
    Off to the get some sleep now, night all! Don't work too hard Dude...
  • Options
    Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Miffed indeded, lost a bit of one of my molars in a fruit gum.

Rats !
  • Options
    Gooooood morning, my miffy mates!

Overcast here, which I find mildly irritating. But hey! it's not a big deal.

<leaves coffee, tea and Danish pastries for breakfast>
  • Options
    (declines pastries and tucks into Weetabix)

Alex - ouch. I hate dentists and teeth-related problems so I feel your pain.