Options

Dublin Marathon

Comments

• Options
    I'm getting a sore throat again! Back to Vit C, 1000mg a day and 15 drops of Echinea. Right, now I'm off to Rich K's mad world!
  • Options
    Sparks - do the Connemarathon. Come on you know it make sense! (How's the pr woman doing Ray O - do I get a pay rise?)... Rich K should we talk about Connemara over there, too. I suppose we should... you coming Ray O?
  • Options
    Yup, Dublin after dark is definitely the place to discuss the Connemarathon . .
  • Options
    Started a new thread - Dublin after Dark. All those of us who want to witter the night away about anything but the Dublin Marathon - let's get over there and get on with it.

Then we can keep this thread to concentrate on the race and nothing but the race in the last week before we head for Dublin.

See you over there . .
  • Options
    Hi all,
    I thought overseas runners didn't have to register for the breaky run.
    Any way there is enough of us to hold our own breaky/lunch run.It will be another reason to meet up.
    Snicks... see the red wine won after all.
    Do you know my first kiss was a Blackrock..
    small world.( I wonder! )
    RK that was a mean old trick to pull on Ray O.. that pic looks horrible.Must have been taken when the 2nd goal went in. Why didn't you go the 'ole hog and show the pic of the Swiss goal scorer.
    Ran 6 miles yesterday fairly quick. Rest day today. Sat am last big run 90 minutes steady then big taper down.
    What about you lot?
  • Options
    We're over on this new thread, tigerrunner. Couldn't tell you about it as you're not e-mail enabled. Dublin after Dark.

Trying to keep this thread for running stuff only.

About the photo', the scary thing is though that my ex's family who are all from Dublin, have all said over the 12 years I've known 'em that I look and sound like Mr McCarthy. Don't get it myself, of course.

And I do have another snap ready to post once Ray's seen it!! When are we going to see you?

Am a day behind you - hilly 6-ish this evening, fairly quick - 10 miler with the club on Sunday and then really wind it down.
  • Options
    Whilst I'm here - Wolfy - got to say . . Top Babe! Well done getting all that info!!

Of course the gell at 24 miles is for sorting our hair out before the photo's at the finish! Anybody got a nice little runner's vanity pack?

Might carry some gell with me for earlier in the race . .

. . in case there's a photographer at the half way point, of course!
  • Options
    How old are you TR? I'm 35. My Blackrock days were 1981 to 1985
  • Options
    TR, come over to Dub after Dark to answer that one!
  • Options
    Snicks.....this is getting scary. By Blackrock days were '83.
    RK, i've been trying to put a pic' on the post. But havin' trouble with the size(no jokes please Snicks)cant alter the width without altering the hight at the same time.I'm going to put me foot thru the computer...better not might injure myself.
  • Options
    Snicks is breakin' my heart on the Dublin after Dark thread - come and join us . .
  • Options
    Wolfy . . just remembered . . meant to say earlier . . hope your 20 miler goes well this weekend.

I thought a c20 was when you did something between 16 - 28 and rounded it up!

Ian Wood - DO NOT clean your car this week. Remember what happened last time. Mine's filthy now, can't wait until after the race to get the grime off.
  • Options
    This could get confusing now, jumping between 2 threads that are about the same thing yet different.
    Hope alll the weekend plans are going well, sore throats, dodgy knees and weather permitting.
    5 mile threshold run this morning before work, just to make up for missing it on Thursday due to a de-stressing session in some bars in Aberdeen that night.
  • Options
    Tiger and Snicks, Blackrock? '83?
    Nope, not there.
  • Options
    Dublin Marathon 2003, runners and riders,

race numbers

400 Sarcy
    729 richk
    1244 Legless
    1327 Snicks
    2182 Timothy Downie
    5237 Ian Wood
    6511 Sparks

don't think I've had any others - please post them if you know them . .
  • Options
    2003? I thought I was running this year!!!!
  • Options
    Oh yeh, woops!

Let's run this year instead! Apologies for the typo!

Thanks Sarcy, you've prevented further instances of this same mistake coz I'm in the middle of a bit of cuttin' and pastin'!

Watch this space.
  • Options
    Dublin Marathon 2002, runners and riders,

anticipated finish times

Ian Wood sub 4.15
    Dog Walker 4.20/4.40
    Snicks 3.40/4.00
    JasonL 4.20/4.40
    Legless 4.00
    Sarcy 3.30/4.00
    Wolfy bit over 4, depends when her husband finishes
    richk 3.35/3.45

anyone else?
  • Options

when are we registering?

JasonL Saturday afternoon
    Sparks Sunday at about 2
    tigerrunner Saturday afternoon
    Snicks possibly Saturday afternoon
    Legless Sunday as soon as possible
    richk Saturday 2-ish, probably be there on Sunday too

remember at registration that we're meeting up at the Connemarathon stand at the registration Expo. Hoping for as many of us as possible to get together at some time before the race.

After the race, Monday evening, 8pm, Temple Bar - Unofficial Runners World Forum Running Club wind-down and de-brief. Be there!
  • Options

when and where are we staying, and which airport are we flying from?

Ian Wood - Sat to Tue lunchtime - Clarion Hotel - Gatwick
    Dog Walker - Fri eve to Tue am - Dublin Town House - Luton
    Snicks - Sat pm to Tue am - Dun Laoghaire - Luton
    Hives are law - Sun am to Mon eve
    JasonL - Sat am to Mon eve - Mespil Hotel
    Seabird - Sat am to Tues pm - ? - Bristol
    Legless - Sun am to Tues - ? - Stanstead
    Sarcy - Sat aft to Tue - North Star Hotel
    Chris Morrison - Sat to Wed - Lwr gardiner Street
    Wolfy - Sun am to Tue pm - ? - Manchester
    Tigerrunner - Sat am to ? - Abbotts Lodge - ?
    richk - Sat am to Tues pm - Comfort Inn - Bristol
  • Options
    Registering probably around 4ish. Where is the expo centre anyway? I am staying fairly central in Dublin, is walking there an option or taxi?
  • Options
    Found Wolfy's number - 805 - look out for a Man City shirt and (at the end of the race) a knackered husband!

Any other stats Dubs want to share - post 'em up and I'll make a list!
  • Options
    I'm getting lost between the 2 threads now! Doesn't seem such a good idea in daylight!

Registration/Expo is at the Royal Dublin Showground (RDS) on the Merrion Road. It's 4 miles or so, maybe more, so perhaps a bit much to walk being the weekend that it is. Get a cab, or the Dart (local rail/tram thingie) from Connelly Station which is on the same street as your hotel, and get off again at Lansdowne Road station, a little less than a mile away. There's 4 Darts an hour and going there and back costs €2.00 - buy a day ticket coz it's cheaper than two singles.

I'll see you at registration.
  • Options
    we are staying at Ripley Court,Talbot Street, for your info Richk
  • Options
    Same street as my bunch, Legless, we can help each other home Monday night/Tuesday morning!
  • Options
    sod going home-lets party till breaky on tues!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    And then on to the Guinness Brewery to fill in the time before lunch!
  • Options
    ooooooh good idea, then back to Temple bar till its time to go to the airport
  • Options
    Yup, and there's always the bar at the airport . .