Options

Mablethorpe Marathon

Comments

• Options

Afternoon all, 

Still undecided about the marathon!  5 miles ran on saturday with no problems then out for 12 sunday morning.  Everything was fine until about 10 miles when it started to tighten again (god damn it!)  Still a little sore today.  Going to let it settle down and have booked a free consultation with a different physio this thursday (not convinced that what the other one was tellimg me was right...plus have moved to a new house so its miles away!)

Will see what they say on thursday and how it feels in the next few days before making decision.

Hope everyone is fit and healthy...sounds like a couple of you are fending off the lurgy, hope you get rid ASAP!

• Options

Oops, did 5.5 mile this morning, with 9 x 2min reps with 1min rest image

Felt good, ave about 6m35s/mile pace, tough but gave me a boost for my 9mm Marathon.

Bike ride Tuesday, 5 slow miles Thursday, then up to Mablethorpe for the weekend.

• Options
    Nice confidence- building session Rollerman. Bodes well for a sub-4 attempt.
  • Options

No, still no race pack here image

The detailed forecast is not looking too good for race day.  Light rain from 10am and winds of 16mph with gusts to 20mph.  Ok just a forecast.......image

I am tapering, unlike some of you - coach has forced it on me for this mara...Only 32 miles last week and really on the edge at the moment...bit cranky all day.

Good run yesterday though 3m fast, 2m at 10mm and back 3 in touch with the first 3.  Pleased and no sniffles, twinges, aches..

Get well CG.

EPS - save me a slab at the finish.

Kev - you lurking - how'd you get on at Kent?

• Options

Not sure if we came up for ideas on meeting at Pasta Party???  I really don't like the idea of walking up to a complete stranger and saying "my name is DB9 are you Rollerman?"

CG - if you would like to run out Saturday afternoon I aim to be in Mabo 2-3 depending on traffic etc. 

Mobile is 07795 84 66 32 if Mr CG and yourself would like to stretch legs.

• Options

Cheers DB9. Will ring you when we get there. Probably be around the same sort of time.

When I've met up with the 3:30 girls on the Green start before, we all swapped telephone numbers and that worked well. Half the time we were stood next to each other but were too embarrassed to approach a complete stranger. Or there's the green ribbon idea...?

• Options

HI Guys

Just been looking through the threads - i've retired from the marathon committee this year due to work pressures (am working a 7 day week now!!) so unfortunately don't have the time this year

I'm afraid I don't know what has been happening at all this year.  but I do wish you all well with the race this year and If I get a chance I will pop my head out of the gate to cheer as many of you on as I can - I'll be on the Alford road in SUTTON

GOod luck everyone and have a great race

xxxx

• Options

NO race pack today image I've printed off my UNIQUE ref No that I got Via email so at least I've got proof of entry

I've trained hard for this, I'm so not gonna miss out now 65miles ran last week and starting to taper today with a rest day 

• Options
    That's a bit of a late taper Wicked! Good idea on the ref no, but I suspect they'd give you a manual number if you turned up on the day and told them who you are and that the pack hadn't arrived.
  • Options

DB9

Managed 4.28 in Kent Coastal on Sunday. Had to run miles 10 to 19.5 into a 25mph headwind. Due to the route only got 4 miles of the benefit coming back. Legs feel ok after a 4 mile recovery run last night.

Will be driving up on Saturday am and back straight after race. Not sure yet if going to pasta party. Planning a 5 miler on Thursday and that will have to do.

• Options
    "that will have to do" Kevin - a bit of an understatement, given the marathon the previous weekend!

Good luck with the recovery.
  • Options

Yipee, postmans been image

Come on down No 168 image

Haggis you putting your tarten scarf on the gate so we know when to shout image

• Options
    That's me rushing home tonight then!

(I don't want to ask Mrs XPS if it has arrived, as it will only annoy her)
  • Options
    YAY I got my No today 123 how cool is that image, REALLY looking forward to Mabo Mara now i have my number
  • Options
    Also got mine #144
  • Options

I am 111 so I hope that's a good sign!

Hope you ae OK by the weekend CG and Darren. 

Well done Kevin!!!

Tapering now! 

• Options
    The wind will apparently be from the ESE so we will get blown along the coast at the end which will help with all the PBs we are going to get image
  • Options

Wahoo...

No 83. come on down...while we're looking for positive signs at least I got a lucky 8 in my race number.

The weather forecast has completely changed and is now perrrrrrrrrfect racing conditions......now to decide on race strategy????????

So who is up for food and celebs on Sunday post race??  Feel a list coming on:

DB9, Mr & Mrs CG, Mr & Mrs Morticia, Rollerman....

• Options
    #125 for me. The race is getting closer...
  • Options

rollerman the tartan scarf will be flying as always

• Options
    #70 for me. I'll be wearing my Bobby Moore Fund red vest with the white 6 on the back
  • Options
    I'm not sure I'll be wearing my tartan scarf on the run. Might get a wee bit warm.
  • Options

I'll be in my Stockport Harriers vest although it's a horrid yellow colour and I prefer black!!!

There is a big Stockport Harriers-related do on on Saturday. I am gutted that I'll miss it all. Tony Audenshaw ('Bob Hope' from Emmerdale) and 2 friends from our club are doing a 'Bananathon' in aid of the Leukaemia research fund. They are spending the day doing a marathon in fancy dress round the Manchester and Stockport area raising funds and then there is a big do at a club in Manchester in the evening. I am even tempted to join in and then drive over to Mablethorpe late that night but that would be silly!!

I have said I will do this marathon in 3:33:33 (as 3 is my favourite and lucky number!!) and I will donate £1 extra to the LRF for every minute I am later than that . I will need a decent night's kip (and a lot of luck, no toilet problems and the wind in the right direction!!) if I am to take quite a considerable chunk off my 3:58 PB image

• Options

Good luck Morticia. You've done some decent training so I'm sure you will do well.

Number 48 for me in my lovely green Totley AC vest. Does anyone know how many are doing the marathon?

• Options
    CG - just over 200 finished the marathon last year (232 for 10k; 250 for half M; 207 for the marathon).

I'll be in my lovely Easingwold Running Club navy vest with 2 green hoops.
  • Options

#88 for me in the blue and gold of Cleethorpes. Starting to feel real now ive got my number. Good luck all.

• Options

What sort of time and place for the post race meet and feed then.

It will be me Mrs Rollerman and the 7 year old know it all image

What about the pasta party to say hello to each other and possibly a diet coke or two afterwards...

What about a little Fetch badge on your lapel, could copy and print one off.

• Options
    Oops Rollerman - this isn't Fetch! [although you'll probably find many are "bilingual"].
  • Options
    Ooops did not even notice image