Options

TdF spoilers

Comments

• Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    Maybe, but I'm sure the race doc can give him some ointment to sort it out.
  • Options
    To give you a quick summary it was an ex crystal palace player who survived lukaemia (sp?) and then did the TdF route a day or 2 ahead of the actual tour, he then did it a couple of years later with 4 other cancer survivors and Ian Wright joined them for a couple of stages. Was very awe inspiring to see them finishing the big mountain stages in the pitch black with just the headlights of their support cars to light the way! 
  • Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    Kenny Van Hummel has just crashed out image  He bravely took on Wim Vansevenant's mantle but the strain of dicing with the cutoff clearly took its toll.
  • Options

I didn't see it J-E M, but you're talking about Geoff Thomas.  Awe inspiring stuff, as you say. 

Not good news of good old Kenny van Hummel today, unfortunately.

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    Di Luca has been done for a positive drug test during the Giro - caught using CERA, the EPO derivative on 2 occasions during the race.

wonder how many will come after the TdF finishes?
  • Options
    Di Luca has been a naughty boy it seems in the Giro
  • Options
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)

I didn't see it J-E M, but you're talking about Geoff Thomas.  Awe inspiring stuff, as you say. 

That's it Dave keep an eye out for it folks you won't be disappointed
  • Options
    Menchov must be wishing he could head to the bar....
  • Options
    regarding the footballer with luekemia i remember him being featured in the itv coverage the year he did it.  very impressive.  i was worried when i saw him the next year as he looked so emaciated (in comparision to the previous year) like the illness had returned.  top bloke though.
  • Options
    another tough day in the hills
  • Options
    ah, what a shame.  still, maybe he can come back tomorrow and hang in there on ventoux.  incredible performance and bodes well for next year too.
  • Options
    anyone watch ITV4 last night.  showed extended shots of Jen's roadside care.  looked in a really bad state.  no wonder the shots weren't aired live or the previous day in ITV4s roundup.
  • Options

Missed the highlights.. Maaged to work from home and watch live.. Stuck in the orifice today Damn.

Had to feel sorry for Menchov, Think I would have walked into the nearest bar and ordered a bottle of good red halfway thro.

• Options
    I think thats Menchovs problem, the number of times he's fallen off - I reckon his bottles are full of vodka.

He's the new Bobby J !
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    so - what's the betting for today??

Cuntadoor stays in yellow but LA and Wiggins move back into the other podium slots after the their TTs?? can't see the Shreks doing well enough to keep their places
  • Options
    Sorry - just reading back - didnt want to check this thread much yday.

Yeah DiLuca busted at long last. The cycling weekly twitter was interesting - something like :

'HA HA HA HA HA HA - Di Luca busted at last, the peletons biggest joke uncovered'

• Options
    I predict that Contador will extend his lead over the other GC contenders today in the time trial, including Wiggins, people seen to forget he is Spain's TT champion and was second to Cancallera in the prologue.  I do expect Wiggins to come out flying though, just hope he didnt use up too much on the last few days in the mountains. 
  • Options
    Yeah AC will nail it I reckon. I'd prefer Wiggins to - but dont think he can do it at this stage of the tour. Fresh - he would have a better chance.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Has he got himself a decent haircut yet?
  • Options

Got to agree with Cougs, Wiggins has been giving it his all for over two weeks, I would be surprised if he gave a superior performance. Can't see LA and Wiggins making enough time on the Shreks to have a comfortable buffer for Saturdays stage though. Kloden is an excellent time trialer as well and has the depth to perform well after a couple of hard weeks.

It all adds up to an exciting finale on Saturday. image

Good to see Hushovd go for it yesterday, sick and tired of that whinger Cavendish image

• Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

I reckon Andy Schleck will put in a decent ride today and stay 2nd.    The next 4 riders could end up in any order though.   

Frank Schleck is a bit of an unknown - I know he had a disaster last year in the TT but if you have the power to ride well in the mountains you have the power to do a reasonable TT if you've worked on it - depends if those training plans he admitted he paid 7,000 Euros to Fuentes for were any good.  

I'm going to have a guess that the end of today Armstrong will have moved up to third - Wiggins to have pulled back maybe 20 seconds on Kloden and 90 seconds on Frank - not sure where that would put him though.

edit - Cont, Schleck, Arm, Wig, FSchleck, Kloden - with the last three all within 20 seconds by the close today.

• Options
    Seemingly no love lost between Cav and Wiggins according to the Twitters...

Lots of 'handbag action' at the Tour this year.
  • Options
    Jj - yeah - sensible racing haircut now.

Aaaah - maybe thats the key !
  • Options
    Just in case I won't be anywhere near a tv, please will someone text me an update over the weekend!
  • Options
    popsider wrote (see)

depends if those training plans he admitted he paid 7,000 Euros to Fuentes for were any good.

I have wondered about the Shreks since last years tour, I guess you become sceptical with cycling after a while image
  • Options
    fat buddha wrote (see)
    so - what's the betting for today?? Cuntadoor stays in yellow but LA and Wiggins move back into the other podium slots after the their TTs?? can't see the Shreks doing well enough to keep their places

i reckon that's what'll happen.  but wiggins won't put enough time into the younger shrek and will lose his place on ventoux.

fat buddha wrote (see)
    so - what's the betting for today?? Cuntadoor stays in yellow but LA and Wiggins move back into the other podium slots after the their TTs?? can't see the Shreks doing well enough to keep their places

Jj wrote (see)

he doesn't look like shaggy any more if that's what you mean.  suprised he didn't cut off more hair really to keep cooler in the mountains.

fat buddha wrote (see)
    Jj wrote (see)

cougie wrote (see)

Sorry - just reading back - didnt want to check this thread much yday. Yeah DiLuca busted at long last. The cycling weekly twitter was interesting - something like : 'HA HA HA HA HA HA - Di Luca busted at last, the peletons biggest joke uncovered'

that sounds funny.  i guess you never know with these dodgy forum types but i remember a guy on the cycling plus forum saying he used to race alongside di luca in his late teens.  he was doping then to get a contract.

• Options

I just read that Pelizzoti won't like the flat bits of the time trial today, surely there isn't much difference in all the aspects of racing??

Also forgive me if I sound stupid but do teams enter the TdF with set goals like Astana with getting Contador 1st place and Columbia delivering the green jersey to Cav?

• Options
    Not stupid Jack, But yes Teams have differing agendas
  • Options

Interesting...

Bradley Wiggins is using an eccentric chain ring on the time trial.