Options

Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Options

Been out for a 4 mile plod, knee not too good but its going to have to do!

See some of you tomorrow.

Thanks to all for the good luck wishesimage

• Options

Hello all

There will be one big party on Sunday FL, we will all be there.  Look out London, here we come!!!

You wouldn't want my left ankle WA.  I don't really want it eithe!!

Did 3 miles across the beach this evening. Its lovely out there today.

Tracey - hope the asthma is staying away image

• Options
    NR, see you in the morningimage getting all psyched up nowimage.
  • Options

Evening,

Just done half an hour pootling round Regents Park. Ankle is not great, twinging, stopped to stretch a few times but made it round. On Sunday it will be mainly a matter of whether it holds out.

Hope everyone, including me, has loads of luck image
  • Options

Hello all

FL - being nervous is good.  You will be fine.

WA - bet its lovely up in London this evening.  Fingers crossed you will be okay.

• Options

It is a nice evening. I am a bit nonplussed thought. I have so much work waiting for me when I get home that I can't really wind down.

Anyway, just eaten a large lasagne.

You are really fab for supporting this year Nutty. You could be sat at home with a frown thinking about yourself but you are larging it up with the VLM Massive !
  • Options

good luck to all of you london types - hope it ain't too warm, and you all end up as born again virgins!

still no running for me, calf still dodgy - been feeling better, but doing an anti alex, and resting it a bit longer!  did some mega deep streches last night and had almight cramp in the calf - not sure if thats a good sign or not!!

there is always pie!!

• Options

Phil - sorry to hear you are still not running.  Hoping you get back on the road soon.

WA - I am sorry to hear you can't relax and enjoy the weekend.  Life eh?  I really hope you can run well on Sunday.

As for me, I would love to be running on Sunday too but maybe next year.  You lot helped me through difficult times so the least I can do is come along and party.  

• Options

Morning allimage

Thanks Phil, hope the calf gets better soon mate.

See you all later. Off now to catch a busimage

• Options

It's all go innit ?
  • Options

hope the bus journey is good in this hot weather anfd you all enjoy the expo this afternoon............

I wikll be following you all and waiting for the reports...It will alright on the nightimage

• Options
    Good luck folks, can't stop thinking about you all! Feel like making lots of big pies and be waiting for you all on our side of the Severn Bridge!

Have a good one!
  • Options

Tea in a moment. Seen Nutty, FL, Sue in the expo today image
  • Options
    Hurrah, it's pissing down up there! Bloke on the telly reckons he's freezing - they're gonna be great
  • Options

looks much better weather than predicted...........mind was a bit humid out earlier here when I ran.....

happy birthday Sueimageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    Yay Sue!!! What a mad way to spend your Big Six 0!!!

Isn't it brilliant that Kebede, the winner of the men's race, was selling firewood in Addis Abeba in 2006 and now he's bought his whole family (Mum, Dad and thirteen children) a new house and a decent life style.

Back to the accounts and the ironing - boo hiss
  • Options

Hi guys - just back from North Wales. Had a great weekend including walking from Wales to England and back crossing the Chirk Viaduct and walking through a 421m long pitch black tunnel - running head torch came in useful!

Any news on our VLM runners? Hope all are have a post race celebration?

Kev

• Options
    I know Sue has finished and is OK but that's all so far!
  • Options
    Well done Sue!!!!!!!
  • Options

Hiya,

I did 3:18. Not good but hey-ho ! Went for sub 3 as I had nothing to lose and it was a sh*t or bust strategy. It was always likely to be bust though as many things since Rhayader have not been right and indeed bust it was.

Could not run quite properly to protect my ankle, which in the end was fine, but this revised style (more flat-footed) knackered my quads. Through half way in 1:30 which would have been ok if I was feeling fine, but I wasn't. 20m in 1:24 and it got even worse from there.

Still, I didn't walk and since I did 3:12 last year there was no point in busting a gut and doing anything that was too uncomfortable as I am in next year regardless.

Well done to Sue, super well done to Chris who I managed to catch by about 3 and lose a few miles later.

It was also really warm and very muggy. Poor air quality abounded.
  • Options

thata an amazing time consiodering WA... and Cris ... srtill can't believe his time considering his worrying... I hope he';s ok....

great to hear Sue has finished.........

I will be there next year hopefully...

• Options

Well done Alex - a fantastic time especially considering all - and no hopping!

Kev

• Options

Well done WA, it might not have been the time you were looking for but, given the problems with your ankle, an excellent time nonetheless.

Well done Sue and belated Happy Birthday!

Look forward to reading race reports later on.

• Options

Morning

Don't know what happened to my post - troubles of using a tiny laptop with my big clumsy hands - keep resting on the mouse pad and all sorts of things happen!!

Appologies if I end up double posted!!

Happy belated birthdaa Sueimage Hope you enjoyed your relaxing day! image

Well done marathoners - weather turned out better than it could have been, still muggy mind. Great to hear your ankle held up for you Aleximage Any news on how FL's knee held up?

• Options
    Morning folks

Congratulations to all, just been looking through results, Team Pie was done proud!

Happy birthday Sue, perhaps today you can relax and enjoy yourself!
  • Options

I suppose we will get the reports tonight when they get home.

had a lovely 50 mile bike ride into the beacons and enjoyed being by the resiviors..............stopped off on the way home for an all you can eat chinese buffet...........which is not a good idea for future reference if you have 15 miles still left to go.....

• Options

Nice weather late afternoon as well Seren.

As you say, looking forward to the other race reports.

Kev

• Options
    WA- Well done mate, great time considering all the problems leading up to race. Good to meet you in the Expo too. how did Mrs WA go?
  • Options

Hello all

Well done all you marathoners.  

It was a great event to spectate.  I was in full supporting mode!!!  Had a bit of a mishap on the first night in London when my bag and purse were stolen but apart from that, enjoyed every minute.

Had a lovely run round Hyde Park today too.image

• Options
    NR- Youll be back next year chasing another sub 3. Disappointed i didnt see you.