• Options

think eagles dare is bob on timing / distance fr..ahead of hp40

• Options

just about to enter and read this...

'Dogs welcome with owners under control'

• Options

entry in..thanks for that fr

yes..you;re name isnt on the list yet

ive asked for a route description but if you have an e-mailable one could you send it to me by any chance? cheers

• Options
    LDWA Where Beagles Fly - fancied that for me and Dot - however I'm committed to an event in Ireland on the same weekend involving a canoe and gallons of Guinness
  • Options

this my mate doing the Liffey Descent in 08

/members/images/339061/Gallery/cheets-liffey.jpg

he's short of a crew member so a different type of descent will be fun!

• Options
    I have been looking at Pulmunon..has anyone done it and got any advise................I'm thinking of doing it with Mmy OH and my 15 year old son...............for a day outimage....they may be faster than me but hopefully the distance should be on my sideimage
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

I'm doing a LDWA event called Where Ravens Dare in October  which is possibly not the same one as the one you're talking about, Fellrunner.  I'm also up for the LDWA 100 next May.

Not sure about this Lakeland job - it sounds very punishing.

• Options
    BritNickBritNick ✭✭✭

Punishing is one word to describe it, T Rex. I have just finished updating my account, which might just confirm your perception. The 50 might be a safer bet.

You can't go wrong with an LDWA 100 as your first (it is your first?). The support will not be bettered anywhere.

Hi seren nos, Pumlumon Challenge may only be 26 miles but the terrain is tough, with off-path tussock-bashing to contend with and some serious ascent.. Times will be slower than you'd expect and you may finish feeling wasted, even on a warm, dry, sunny day like it's been for the past 3 years. Treat it with respect.

• Options

Thanks Brit nic............from looking at the ascent.it seems to be comparable to the lakeland 50 but half the distance...........would you agree with that...is it simialr type of ascents and surfaces..........

My son did the walk across wales with me in June  and managed the 42 miles but had to walk the last 16 as he was getting a pain in his leg.......I've been telling him that the hills on this one will be a lot more than the walk across wales.............but thats just a hunch as i'm useless at sussing out whats hard............

he also did a 27 miler with me around the beacons witha  backpac on and we took in penyfan and tor - y foel.so hopefully he's not as unfit as some 15 year olds

• Options

T rex.........I might do the Raven dare one............I was gutted tat they have dropped the caerphily summits one as i was looking forward to giving it a go as it is my area and I had managed to recce most of teh route............

the raven dare one is the day before Abingdion marathon so if I do it we will have to travel up there later on in the day....

• Options
    Odeon1085Odeon1085 ✭✭✭

hey all- just dropping in for quick question for Fellrunneror anyone else.

Doing Beacons Ultra and Snod, this year......but off to Lakes for a few days on Tuesday. Prob do a long run before I leave. Staying in Glenridding and doing Hellvelyn and then easy walk round Ulls. the following day. Fancy running for a bit, but I tend to do out and back on the roads when I'm in a new location. Any suggestion on decent routes of 8-10m from there.

Cheers in advance

• Options
    Don't mind FR. 1 of each? Thx
  • Options
  • Options

So has a week of recovery and pause for thought led anyone on here to reconsider whether or not they'll do the UTLD100 or 50 next year? I still fancy a crack at doing the 50 at pace. Get my 100 kicks elsewhere I think.

I've barely ran since, but with healed blisters and recovering feet and legs I've had a few steady outings. I got a right sharp pain from inner right-knee collaterol ligament area on my first undulating outing on Saturday. No problems with day-in-out activities and no reoccurance on a very short run last night. I plan to continue the steady-as-i-go approach up until Sunday when I hope to do the Long Tour of Bradwell. Quite a challenging 31m course I hear, though I imagine nothing so tough as UTLD.

• Options

im off up your way tomorrow fr for 3 days image

euph..marc laithwaite has told me that to do the 100 id have to raise my game significantly image so im not sure whether im at the park or the pictures right now!

• Options
    eta permanent lakes resident 2016..but who knows what may happen before then