Options

Cheshire Traithlon, May 22nd

Comments

• Options
    Afraid not Al - it got left in Sheffield by mistake.
    I think Cake is in Scotland this weekend, and I'm not doing the Monday night fell race in Sheffield cos I did a 22mile one today image so I guess Cake will post to you instead, or maybe bring it across on Wed?
  • Options
    No problem at all, a 22 miler? Lightweight!! image cheers for the update.
  • Options
    Big Al 123 wrote (see)

So Cake and Frodo, did you manage to exchange the wetsuit?

Mistake on my part. Going to Salfoud again this wednesday so will make sure I pack it. image
  • Options
    What are the times on Wednesday? I've looked on the Salford council website and they only list Mon, Tue and Thurs (6-8:30pm) as open water swimming with Mon and Thur being the coached sessions. 
  • Options

It’s Wednesday 6 till 8.30 I’m going to be getting the train at 5.15 from Sheffield. Sarah the bookworm might be about to get a lift off some mates and be there earlier. So if she is I’ll ask her to bring the wetsuit with her instead of lugging two on the train. She will be easy to spot just look for a gorgeous lady 5 foot tall with a pixie hat. I’ve got a picture handy so lets see if this works.  

• Options
     image Don't think this worked?
  • Options
    Computers eh? Sounds like she'll be easy enough to spot in Salford!! image
  • Options
    Just on my way to Cardiff to see Take that with my missus. A Christmas present I am now regreting buying image
  • Options

Big Al - just a nudge to let you know that the pirate massive is going to doing the Outlaw next year if you care to step on board.  Enjoy Take That.  I'm taking my mum to see them Wembley at the end of this month for her 80th birthday.image

Sadly I can't make Bristol tri any more. image

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Evening all, a message from Cake - he's currently dying of man flu and is unlikely to make it to Salford Quays tomorrow. He also said to say that he's a big wimp and that he likes dressing up as a Las Vegas showgirl and being called Melinda image
  • Options
    imagesarah the bookworm wrote (see)
    .....He also said to say that he's a big wimp and that he likes dressing up as a Las Vegas showgirl and being called Melinda image

<splutter> 

• Options
    +1 for the splutter image

Soup, did I really just see you sign up for Outlaw 2012? imageimageimage
  • Options
    Yep - I'm up for it.  What about you?  I saw you lurking. image
  • Options
    Oh, I'm a definite if I don't change jobs image and I'll know if I'm changing jobs in the next ten days or so image
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you Frodo.  This is my best chance for IM.  I work part time at the mo and not having to spend money and travel and things means I can invest in some swimming coaching and perhaps a bike setup. Bring it on...........image
  • Options
    Soup Dragon wrote (see)

Sadly I can't make Bristol tri any more. image

*Frodo* wrote (see)
    +1 for the splutter image Soup, did I really just see you sign up for Outlaw 2012? imageimageimage

And so it begins image Frodo and Big Al you have the time to do it, go on you know you want to? There is a strong chance I will be playing to depending on family situation at that point.

Afraid I’m quite poorly today so can’t pop over to manc tonight. Will be going next week hopefully through, Worst case I’m doing a half ironman relay with steve Ho next weekend so can pass wetsuit then because meeting up in Manchester on the Saturday.
  • Options
    Not sure I'm gonna make it tonight myself Melinda, I mean, Cake, only just heading back from Cardiff (with a copious amount of beer and cider headache image ) and have to pick our daughter up when we get back. Take That were really good as too were the Pet Shop Boys (a real camp fest!) I should say something really macho now, like "I only went cos I knew there'd be loads of women there" but I was with my missus anyway and I got a million brownie points for them tickets......times 10!! And if I'm honest I actually enjoyed myself despite the scepticism image

Outlaw, Outlaw, what to do? Hmmmm, I'm probably gonna do it. I'm about 90% commited at the minute and I'm gonna start training for it now alongside my Liverpool marathon training. Providing everything has gone ok training wise then I'll put my entry in early next year. So pencil me in for now.
  • Options
    Big Al - are the Pet Shop boys supporting Take That?  image
  • Options
    They certainly are Soup and both acts put on a great show.
  • Options

Wow - I can't wait now.  I saw a DVD at a friend's house of PSB live and they were amazing.  Never liked them before. 

See you at Liverpool and Outlaw then. image

• Options
    image See you at liverpool and outlaw also.
  • Options
    Be warned though soup, the stadium wasn't full when they were on and the crowd took a while to warm up, I don't know why cos they were really good.
    I think take that are blowing a bit too much smoke up Robbie's backside, after all he needs them more than they need him but it's still great.

Looks like you will indeed cake imageimage
  • Options
    Cake and Frodo, what times are you hoping for in Liverpool?
  • Options
    Marathon times last few years have been plagued with injuries, training and recovering from outlaw and lack of training due to working commitments. I know I’m good for a 4.45 marathon at the moment if I get the chance going to try to get myself in shape for a decent time so hopefully will be about a 4.30 and if possible will try to get sorted for a sub 4 which is realistic but not happened in about 10 years.  
  • Options
    I'm hoping for the sub 4 I should have got at London last year but feel I didn't get due to the sheer number of people mis timing themselves and not being able to hit my stride until after about 14 miles, I then went out fast to make up my time but burned out at 23 image
    I had done 3 long runs over 20 miles, one of them a 22 miler @ just under 9 min mile and I ran a 1:45 half marathon a few weeks previous so I should have hit my time.
    If I don't hit sub 4 this time then I'll have to start blaming myself image and that just won't do!!!
    Started my training this week anyway and I have a much better endurance base than my previous marathons.
  • Options
    Your going to find that your endurance base matures like a fine wine the more you do. Also you have a better idea about mental strength and race pace than you did before. You’re going to do it matey. Given your time at Cheshire I’m sure that you can crack a sub 4 just don’t let that become like your own white whale or you putting pressure on your own back that will actually hinder you from sorting out your targets. Easierly said but harder to do, so basically remember to do stuff over than training. I find gin and playstation helps. image
  • Options
    I know I don't want the sub 4 to consume me, anyway I have bigger fish to fry now image
    Gin works well for me, as does most alcohol, I'm not the type to live like a monk in the hope of achieving a running PB. I'll train hard and limit myself but I can't give up drinking, hell no! image
    Tour de France is on in a few weeks anyway, perfect relaxation.
  • Options
    I'll be aiming either just sub-4, or 4-4.15 image
  • Options
    All finishing around the same time then, no waiting around to go the pub. Great image