Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options
    Chilibean wrote (see)

The zip top scratches my neck and the waist rides up over my podgy tum. Am going to try sewing down the zip top and pinning the waist seam to my shorts.

done just over 6 miles in mine, also rides up BUT I was wearing a black compression vest underneath... a little warmer admittedly but prevents such occurrences and no chafing either then

• Options
    Ha yeah deca enduroman! Why not! Hahaha!

Keeping a very close eye on the met office website. I really want to go out for a ride, but not if it's gross!!!

St - I am also more up for Outlaw, for exactly the same reasons!!!
  • Options
    Mathschick - bl**dy weather!!!!
  • Options

well there's always Henley too... i think we're thinking of both ImUk and henley (well some of us are)

• Options
    Gas- I've been eyeing up Henley!!!!
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

oii - yep, can't believe just how bad the weather is this year! I would be moaning if it was hot, but there is just so much rain and wind...

• Options
    Did I mention that RAF is thinking of doing the big three?!?

PSOF - International Champs - Lanza

PSOF - CP Inaugural Champs - Bolton

PSOF - UK Champs - Henley

OMG
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭
  • Options

Wow!

Have just been catching up on the Enduroman thread. They really are nuts, but what an amazing achievement.

My whole family ran at parkrun today image My hubby's first 5k. My three big girls did all of it and my 5yr old Smidge did one lap. Very proud of them.

And a friend and are talking about the possibility of doing the half ironman at Henley in 2013.

• Options

I think what Gas has failed to mention that HE decided I was doing all three!! Lanza and Henley - yes. Bolton - support crew?? image

Just been and racked my bike for tomorrow's race - hope she's all right out by herself all night image. And the weather looks to be improving ...... maybe??

And those Enduromen are nuts!! But big respect!

Chili - must be nice to go runnign with the family. I'm doing a 5k with my 16 year old niece soon - it'll be her first race, so that should be really good fun (as long as she doesn't beat me!)

• Options
    alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

Raf - What race do you have tomorrow? Anybody else racing?
    ST - Well done on the OW swim. Not looking forward to mine tomorrow.
    Steady - How is that bite now?
    Oii - When are you putting all this training to the test then? When is your next race?
    MA - How are you feeling?

IM-wise, I get more tempted every day but am unsure if I can do the training commitment. We will see. I will either do Wales or Nice I think.

I have a sprint tomorrow. Usual distances for once. My previous 2 have had variations in different disciplines. I expect to PB my 750m swim time because it can't get any worse! Still expect to finish at the bottom of the field. Only 120 entrants and I think it will only attract more serious athletes!

Take care all.

• Options

Alex, I'm doing Windsor Tri tomorrow - although its turned into a Dua dur to the Thames being too dangerous to swim in after all the rain of late. It was going to be my first Olly...but that will have to wait for another day.

Where are you racing tomorrow then?

• Options
    I'm doing the Lakeside Sprint in Essex tomorrow, it will be my first image
  • Options
    Good luck with the sprint Alex!!!

My next race is a half mara next Sunday (0:

Good luck tmrw Gas - expecting some awesome race reports!!!

Raf - its dead windy here, you wannabe glad you aren't swimming the Thames!!

Isn't IM Lanza a horrid race? I want to do The "half henley" I think it sounds ace "half Henley". (0:
  • Options
    Henley is an option image

Alex I'm with you I train (cough Cough! ) in the very loose word of Train 2/4 hrs a week find it hard to fit more in with work and family. Although my youngest starts school in September so should free up couple of hrs in the day once home from work. I get up at 2/3 every morning for work, so then have youngest as soon as I get back 1/2pm then the rest of clang at 3/4pm wife comes home 4/5pm dinner shower bed by 8/9pm. So not much time then weekends full of running about with 4 kids doing clubs football, tennis,swimming, dancing,judo training, matches and competitions. So not much time to do long stuff image . Still there all excuses and with some good planning I could squeeze in the get around Fink plan in ish? Maybe.......

Hope all have good races guys Alex, Raf and Gas.

Oii was you down for Rutland Marafun? Mathschick and I are in.
  • Options

Gas - who'd have thought it- we'll both be racing in Pirate kit tomorrow! If only Schmunkee knew imageimage

• Options
    RafikiD wrote (see)

Gas - who'd have thought it- we'll both be racing in Pirate kit tomorrow! If only Schmunkee knew imageimage

madness.... team muckees prodigys racing in pirate kit, hope mom will be proud

• Options
    When is Rutland? Isn't it hard as nails? Is it trail?
  • Options
    Oii you will breeze it with your trainingimage November 4th.
  • Options
    Outlaw ??245 Henley ??340 UK Ironman ??415 mmmmm decisions..............

What a difference in price??? I do like the look of Henley but still ??95 more? Which is price of two build up races.

That's this year prices to I'm guessing the way the price goes up for official IM that will be nearer ??450 next year image
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

oh don't tell me Rutland is hard as nails please, it is going to be my first and I am slow as it is. It isn't very hilly round there, from what I remember...

I fancy the idea of half henley nexy year, and chili is thinking of it. Maybe we could get a few of us doing it? Would be fun

busy day today and the kids have bought themselves a new bike eachimage mountain bikes, now the other 3 in my family have mountain bikes, I am suggesting I should have one too so I can go and mountain bike with themimage. I would either be very scared on mountain bike type courses or it would take me back to my childhood when we used to set up ramps and jumps in the garden. I did myself quite a nasty injury once thoughimage

• Options
    Mathschick did you not read the Rutland Marafun in top 10 hardest Marafuns in Europe.
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

erm, no, must have missed thatimage. Oh well, if I survive Rutland then I can do anything, right?

• Options
    Lol I'm only messing Mathschick, I'm hoping it's flat too. Never fancied running a Marafun aperture from London so no idea I ended up entering lol.
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

thought so

have you got some kind of weird predictive text going on??

• Options
    Missing out on Outlaw this year so deffo Outlaw next year , price and logistics.
  • Options
    Have read a billion reviews on Rutland. Am research geek.

Undulating but not 3 peaks!!! Some cattle grids, but sounds like Marshalls might be there to hold the gates open, in any case, opening your own cattle grid gate isn't hard graft.... Although from mile 20 I find anything other than one foot in front of the other hard graft (0;

If you go on the rutland website there is a picture of the elevation, a bit lumpy with a nice glute/quad/brain tester at around mile 22. nothing that can't be trained for. It's hard trail and Tarmac. Which is a lot more agreeable than the slushy boggy grim trail Marathon I thought it was!!!!
  • Options
    So you in Oii?

Razor I'm with you on that, my brain finding it hard to do same distance race but pay nearly double for it? If and it's a big IF I do outlaw and enjoy, then maybe could get sucked into a IMUK or abroad but for my first which could be my last I'm going for local and cheaper race price.
  • Options
    Gastank was it you or RafKid that has a speedfill bottle on bike?
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

Oii - go on, you know you fancy Rutland - you have done all the research now, would be a shame for the time you spent to go to waste....

ST - yeah, if I ever get up to the fitness to be able to consider iron distance it will be outlaw. But it would be stupid of me to consider anything different as it is on my doorstep. I have done a couple of events run by the same company and they have been fantastic, excellent organisation