Options

Are you and "in" or an "out"?

Comments

• Options
    Like we all forget about it ? Lets hope.
  • Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Even her name's non-commital.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    You could not make this shit up. I think we need Gove to win and Corbyn to stay on so that good can confront evil in a general election to let the little Britain light brigade decide if they are really ready for an apocalypse or if they want to ask for salvation.

Sadly I think they might still get it wrong.
  • Options
    ZouseZouse ✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)

Even her name's non-commital.

SHe's said there'll be no general election before 2020. image

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I see all sorts,

/members/images/493151/Gallery/bo.jpg

🙂

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Well at least the markets are fine at the moment. I think they've passed beyond the reaches of uncertainty to a zen place where everyone's so bereft of what they're supposed to do they might as well carry on as normal.

And on the plus side we do seem to have caused parliament to have a collective nervous breakdown.

Isn't it strange that when that horrendous ISIS attack took place in Turkey and briefly took over the headlines, the news felt almost reassuringly normal again.
  • Options
    I think the markets are OK as nobody is saying that they're pressing the Art 50 button.

IF we hit that then it'll go into panic mode.

So currently the brexiteers can point and say 'told you so- nothing dramatic happened'
  • Options

Been coming for a long, long time JT.

I just hope that once it's over and everyone has finally sobered up some good can come out of it.

Wrote to Tim Farron last night and Caroline Lucas his morning. Lib Dem membership has grown by 10,000 since last Friday and apparently there are up to 50 people per hour joining the Greens.

• Options

At this rate, Margaret Beckett could cycle naked down Whitehall and it wouldn't make the news  image

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Eagle giving Corbyn more time to resign...obviously hoping the relentless pressure will get to him in the end.

The nasty world of politics.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    And today Corbyn gave a speech to launch Labour's antisemitism report and said something that could be construed as antisemitic. Brilliant. We're living in a sitcom.
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

He appeared to compare Israel to IS. Who the hell writes his speeches?

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Criticising Israeli politics is not antisemitic. I thought Ken livingstone cleared that one up some time ago...

Corbyn should be next PM but sadly his own politicians are more Tory than Labour and he may well go the way of julius Caesar.
  • Options
    ZouseZouse ✭✭✭

"Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Corbyn's booked in for an engagement at Battersea Dogs Home tomorrow. Fingers crossed he doesn't accidentally kick a puppy to death.
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Great political discussions. Obviously a subject close to peoples heart.

Run this one past me again. Governments. They're formed from politicians, correct?

And Governments over the years have come out with all sorts of suggestions and recommendations by which they hope 'the people' will live, correct?

The question is, do you take any notice of them, or ignore them out of hand?

Obviously, it's results that count, so who's right, them or you?

🙂

• Options

if the lib dems hadnt been so stupid as to get into bed with the Tories a few years ago............this could have been their biggest moment right now...the voice of calm in the middle ground amongst chaos

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the question Ric.
  • Options

This could still be their biggest moment but they need support from other progressives, they only have 8 MPs at the moment.

I think Plaid Cymru and the Greens would join them in an instant but they would still need a fairly significant number of defecting Labour MPs and moderate Tories to make a credible opposition.

There is no reason why the SNP couldn't be involved either but they would have to decide

whether being in the EU as part of the UK was more important than their own independence - at least for the time being.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    The glib dumbs are still dirty from helping the tories into power. I'm not sure any real labour people would touch them. Those attacking Corbyn might try to hook up though.

I saw what Corbyn said about not blaming Jewish people worldwide for the actions of Israel, I'm not sure why it would be offensive. It is like not blaming the remain voters for the actions of the leave campaign.
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I think it was a clumsy analogy in the wrong place at the wrong time. I personally don't have a problem with it but it wasn't necessary to have a pop at Israel in that speech.
  • Options

Plaid are messing up themselves at the moment  so count them in....still can't forgive the lib dems

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    As a middle class person is it okay to despise the working class now? I know the Tory middle class have always despised them, but as the liberal middle class it's classically been our position to patronise the working classes. Like applauding a dog when it does a trick. But now the buggers gone and bit me. After all I've done to keep it fed and clean it's shit up after it. I know it'd be happy enough to go through the bins and shit were it wants, but that's not the point. I've really gone off them. Of course not all the working class are like that. Some of them are quite nice. I wouldn't want some moving in next door though, turfing out our black neighbours.
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

JT, they're real people, ordinary people, decent people. And racist.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking today about Farage's speech to the EU parliament - "most of you have never done a proper job in your lives". That's a slap in the face to half his core support.
  • Options

Still continuing with the generalisation of the masses? I bet you think you are so right on

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    It's suddenly gone a bit Soul Train.
  • Options
    15West wrote (see)

JT, they're real people, ordinary people, decent people. And racist.

Well they aren't and the ones that aren't are desperately trying to disassociate themselves from the ones that are. But only by being in denial about it. 

Lets's not  talk about a rise in hate crime in case I have to acknowledge that the way I voted might have had something to do with it.