Options

Are you and "in" or an "out"?

Comments

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Didn't Wales just vote to leave Europe and become English??
  • Options
    Wales just voted to not receive loads of EU funding. Fine. If the Welsh don't want poorer countries being funded by richer countries then England can stop funding them.
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Yes, what a day to be Welsh.

/members/images/493151/Gallery/wal.jpg

What a bunch of losers.

🙂

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Good to be reminded that national pride is about celebration, not about hating everyone else.
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

I blame all the foreigners for England being so crap.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    It's the Poles and Asians in the team that have been holding us back. And of course the bloody left wingers.
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Can't say I'm too unhappy at being here in the UK right now. And why wouldn't I be? it's been an ok week.

🙂

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Eh? It's been total shite. Keeps bloody raining for a start, and I keep seeing that Gove twat on the tv, and loads of happy Welsh men, and Caroline Aherne has died. What a shitty week.

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

I suppose you've made a few quid Ric?

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭
    15West wrote (see)

Eh? It's been total shite. Keeps bloody raining for a start, and I keep seeing that Gove twat on the tv, and loads of happy Welsh men, and Caroline Aherne has died. What a shitty week.

I forgot to mention England's defeat to Iceland...actually I could go on and on and on...especially with all the beer I've been drinking....

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Nothing has happened yet that will affect the poor twunts who voted out. That is way down the line and will be after the Brexit deals are done- if that ever happens.

Gove was hidden from sight for months before the last election because he has a face not even a mother could love. I just hope he was buggered senseless at boarding school because that would at least explain his hatred of everything British.
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    15West wrote (see)

I suppose you've made a few quid Ric?

Well, real money which I make from gardens, around £400.

The other stuff is somewhat theoretical. It's not something I can actually get hold of, since the assets are fixed solid. But if the foreign exchange is to be believed, I'm up £31,000.

🙂

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭
  • Options

I see Farage has f*cked off now...

• Options
    Johnson gone, Farage gone. They were really serious about this Leaving mallarkey eh ?
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see that the chancellor has given big business a post Brexit tax cut today. Now all he needs to do is find some really poor folk to pay for it.
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

It feels like a social experiment that appears to have gone badly wrong and now everyone is rowing for shore. 

FWIW I'm now down one business so forgive me if I don't share Ric's joie de vivre.

• Options

Happychap - yes all the outers seem to be out in all ways except for Andrea Leadsom who was actually the one on the debates who Boris turned to for the actual facts. I can't help thinking though that there are not many people from the Remain side who would have wanted Boris or Nige in charge so surely this is a good thing to celebrate?

I'm sorry to hear about your business but also curious - I could understand in maybe 9-12 months a business going to the wall because of developments and uncertainty but unless things were already on a knife edge I'm not sure what has actually happened over the last 11 days that would cause a business to go to the wall (unless it does personal election pamphlets for Nigel Farage)?

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

I'm jumping now because I can't afford six to nine months to see what happens without risking the only asset I have to my name - my flat.  If I don't go now - I'm tied in for another three and a half years and God only knows where we will be then. 

Whilst I agree - Farage and Boris are best well away from the cooker, It seems rather cowardly for people to stir shit then run away when it starts to get too warm for them. 

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Happy chap, are you a landlord subletting to the council or similar? If so hold on- house prices will be the very last thing that we need to worry about.
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

No, I rent a business premises. 

• Options

Gutted, HC.  I know you put a lot into that place, very sad to see it go.  There'll only be Sweatshop left at this rate.

• Options

HC - my commiserations. Uncertainty on a national scale is hard to grasp until you break it down to a personal level and small businesses trying to get by potentially with their home at stake if things don't turn out for the best.

Hope things work out for you.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    The U.K. will be a Sweatshop at this rate.

Tax cuts for big business. That's how you share the wealth. We are in in this together. Oh no...
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Happychap wrote (see)

It feels like a social experiment that appears to have gone badly wrong and now everyone is rowing for shore. 

FWIW I'm now down one business so forgive me if I don't share Ric's joie de vivre.

Personally speaking, I want everyone to win, do well, or at least have a chance.

I'm not competitive, never was.

Unfortunately we appear to have to exist in an environment where we are forced to compete whether we like it or not, with greedy, competitive, infantile twats who seem to regard every pound not theirs as a pound stolen.

Get in their way and they'll take every damn thing you have.

That's why I bought the cheapest place I could afford, and paid off the mortgage in less than ten years. Threw the kitchen sink at the liability, which it was. All mortgaged properties are liabilities.

If that bloody bank calls time on you, you're shafted, and homeless.

Don't give them the chance.

🙂

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about that Happychap.

Watched the Panorama show about leave voters in West Brom. Can't say it made me feel any better. Voting out seemed like a free hit against something, anything for those who considered they had nothing to lose, or those who considered themselves secure enough to be unaffected. What does frustrate with these shows is the misunderstanding, false reasoning or lazy cliches going unchallenged or uncorrected. Views seem to become untouchable in the interests of neutrality, respect and balance which ends up disseminating and reinforcing some really damaging stuff.

Would hope Farage's resignation means he becomes invisible, but I doubt it. He likes the limelight too much. Columnist, social commentator in the mould of Katie Hopkins, future Tory MP...

And now fingers crossed we can have the least weird sociopath the Conservative party has to offer to let loose their own social economic unpleasantness on top of the EU exit.
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Happychap- sadly you are not going to be the only casualty of this madness. Hopefully you will find something more stable as are all of this forced change.

Ric, you describe the Neloliberal model very well. The problem is that you can only compete if you have money, hat is why the children of the rich are always rich and the children of the poor stay poor- unless they get very lucky.

JT- I looked at Gove on the Marr show on Sunday and thought- sociopath. Everybody is disposable for his own benefit. I bet he doesn't even know he is hated nor would he care.
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    At least Gove is politically finished, for the time being anyway. Leadsom, the hard right Christian conservative and Vera Lynn's evil double, seems to have taken up the mantle of darling for the batshit crazy wing of the party.
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    At least she is not Theresa May. May refuses to say whether she believes that those Europeans who are already here should have a right to stay or not... that is very worrying. I know she is a bigot but I at least expected her to try to hide it.
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

I'd rather May out of all of them...or Crabb, but he doesn't stand a chance. I think May is being more honest and not promising anything until negotiations take place. Can't believe I'm saying all this! I think Leadsom is a chancer, don't trust her at all. She's their UKIP candidate. 

I wish Labour would sort themselves out. It's ridiculous. They could well be two different parties by the end of the week.