Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

That is pretty good actually..  and I like no.9..   I try to acknowledge their support whenever possible...

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I liked it too. I always try to say thank you to marshals and supporters and normally you get an even bigger cheer from them!

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Thou shall not compare thyself to other runners

Thou shall never say 'I am a not a runner'.  If you run, you are a runner.

Thou shall not skimp on sleep

Remember the "rest day' and keep it holly

Honor thy muscles and thy "aches and pains" and do not push through an injury.  Runners are not invincible

Thou shall not forget to hydrate

Thou shall not commit the sin of wearing cotton, especailly on race day

Thou shall not ignore thy shoes.  Get properly fitted and check for wear often

Thou shall not get stuck in a "rut" but will vary thy running by switching up elevation, distance and pace.

Thou shall no convet thy neighbour's medals

Thou shall worship DV, ATM, Emmy, and Yan

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

That Guardian blog has one with common sense in the title. Come on, if I had any common sense I'd never have signed up to run 26.2 miles once never mind having done so 11 times now!

• Options

Just a reminder if any of the London peeps are around tonight...  I'll be with Mrs DV at The Garage, 20-22 Highbury CornerN5 1RD  tonight to see a superb band..:

http://www.thebesnardlakes.com/news/

If you are around, pop down and we can have a few beers and enjoy the excellent music.   The venue has a 10:30pm curfew, so it won't be a late night....

• Options

This morning I waved off about 300 cyclists including 30 injured (limbless) servicemen who are cycling from Paris to London to raise funds for H4H.  If you see them going past en route to Whitehall give them a big cheer.  The weather report is dire, best of luck to them all.

• Options

Just got the results from the ultra...  I came joint 1st!   One of the RAF guys also did 100 miles...  image

• Options

DV that is outstanding!!!!!  You superhero you x

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

Just got the results from the ultra...  I came joint 1st!   One of the RAF guys also did 100 miles...  image

Wow! Well done!

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

DV - That's amazing! Tonight I'm going to run 9 miles. That'll be my longest run since London.  image

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

image Well done, DV!

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
  • Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

got to be time for another F-Bomb (sorry in advance runners world organisers).....

FUCKING AWESOME! image

• Options

DV - joint first! Amazeballs!

You guys are doing some very inspiring runs, great work!

I'm off to see a podiatrist Thurs, I will have these feet sorted, and I will run properly again soon! In the meantime, the bike will be my friend image

• Options

Wow well done DV!!!!!

• Options

DV - Amazing stuff yet again!! Congratulations!

Well done to the weekend racers too, and TJB yestersay! imageimage

Good luck with the podiatrist on Thursday JusT. Alannah has an emergency appointment later on today with a consultant from South after her first trip to physio yesterday......image

36 hilly miles done in the last few days, study study study, and some serious vodka drinking on Saturday......but I congratulated myself on managing to run home at shutting time!! image

• Options

DV - outstanding image!

TP - any idea when they're likely to reach Whitehall?

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

DV imageimageimage

I'm going demented with study here....deciding to do my two biggest exams on the same day was a bad mistake, I fear.  One week to go - and it's half term...image

• Options

RR - some time on Sunday afternoon.

http://helpforheroes.org.uk/media/36102/bbbr_itinerary.pdf

YM, you will be fine.  I have every confidence in you.

Kaz, hope the rv goes well.  How the hell do you fit everything in?

Some funny comments on the Guardian article.

• Options

TP - thats why I have KOC, and its getting earlier and earlier.......think I'll be staying up  soon!! But I have just had a little holiday, 4 days off - Sat was day off last week, sun as normal, bank holiday yesterday and today is my day off this week!! image

YM - one week and I am away for my lot. FFS, so much to do and get organised. Right now I have no-one to watch girlz the second weekend, due to a stupid BF double booking himself! grrrrrrr.image 

• Options

Like, totally... image

Jus T wrote (see)

DV - joint first! Amazeballs!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO go DV!!!  That's absolutely awesome.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

DV - absolutely brilliant!  You need to train next time - I cannot even imagine what you could do with some training.   Allow me to buy you a beer when I see you in a few weeks. Or two.

• Options

Good luck with the exams Yer Maj, it'll all be over soon. And to you too Kaz. 

ATM the weekend's half went so well (slow but steady!) I'm now internettering to see what other races I can enter. It'll all end in tears...

• Options
    Emmy H wrote (see)
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
    Emmy H wrote (see)

He's my forum hubby for a reasonimage I like to corrupt him!

I should have seen it coming. Our first date was an expo pasta party image

I can just imagine telling my imaginery forum children... It all started at the Paris expo pasta party with Jimbob, his mate Dan, Ingrid... No wait - that doesnt sound very innocent does it?

How many imaginary children are we having? Jimbob, RS and RR will have to be imaginary godparents. And Maus of course, seeing as she started all this.

No teaching them rude words mind, Uncle Jimbob and Auntie Sal.

DV - that's outstanding.

Kaz - emergency appointment doesn't sound good...hope it turns out okay.

HS - Loved the pottery medal image

Yer Maj - You decided to come here for a bit of sanity? Just think of it as the last couple of miles in a marathon - it's tough, but the end's in sight.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Can I be the uncle that lives far, far away?

• Options

Emergency didn't turn out to be to bad after all, I think the physio was erring on the side of caution?! She has something wrong with her ankle which is basically causing a lot of grief in her knee and hip. And it was not the cartilidge as suspected! All very technical! image

• Options

Incredible, DV. Top bombing. image

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

have we got the rep for being those types that regularly use them curse words Auntie Sal? image

• Options

Just back from a superb gig in London...  The Besnard Lakes...  me and Mrs DV had a great time...   this band are excellent...  massive sound.  Bed now...  zzzzzzzzz....