Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭
    Badbark said:

I ran the Newry Marathon yesterday aiming for a sub 3. It was only 3 weeks since my 2 week holiday where I didn’t run at all, so I wasn’t overly confident. It was really just a training session towards the 24 hour race in July. I didn’t taper at all and ran a 10k race on Wednesday and a hard effort Parkrun the day before.

I was disappointed to not make the podium, especially as it was Newry Marathons 10th year and there were some nice commemorative prizes. However, I never thought I would run anywhere near that time with just 3 weeks training, after a layoff and considerable weight gain! A nice negative split too. 

You daft bugger. You had a plan and didn't stick to it and then you are disappointed when the changed plan doesn't come off! If your plan was to podium you would have approached the race differently and most likely succeeded. 

For the 24 hour race in July, things won't be any easier. There will be even more options open and you will need to sort out what your targets are. What are your targets for the race? I think I am right in saying it will be your first 24-hour race so I have to guess that the first aim is to complete more than 100 miles (almost 161 km) in 24 hours. The race also has age-group prizes, are you targeting one of those and if so who are you up against and what do you need to do to win one?

As an example, Steven Holyoak (http://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=144130) seems to be a capable V50 ultrarunner and he tops 250 km in 24 hours. 

There is a big difference between 160 and 250 km. Some friends who have done 24-hour races have exceeded 100 miles but have had a planned break (or breaks) to split the run up. You may find that someone who is way ahead of has a planned break or vice-versa, you may plan a break and have someone who is running through pass you. 

So, good run at Newry Marathon but sort out a plan for the 24-hour race and stick to it. The plan doesn't have to be one rigid option, it can have branches, but stick to it.

My main goal will be to break the 100 mile barrier and try to enjoy the occasion as much as possible. After about 50 miles into the 12 hour race last year, I promised myself ‘never again’ and almost dropped out. This was before I found out I was leading, so had to carry on!

I didn’t have any problems with my legs or tiredness, but suffered a lot of tummy troubles. I spent about 50 minutes in total on the loo! If I feel as bad as I did last year, I intend to stop completely for a while until I feel better again.

Looking at the results of the last World Championships, I would have to run 250 km and come 13th overall for a M45 podium place. http://www.iau-ultramarathon.org/statistics/getresultevent.php?event=24631 So I’ve certainly no aspirations or expectations there.

Running 100 miles is on my bucket list, so no better time to go for it than the 24 hour World Championships. There is a reward for everyone running 100 miles in the open race too. If I reach 100 and feel like running further than I might, but I’m much more likely to call it a day and head home for a sleep!  

My race plan will be much the same as last year in the 12 hour. I’ll take a break every 3 to 5 miles and run about 9 minute mile pace. The breaks will become longer depending on how I feel. I really want to enjoy it, so hope I won’t have to go too deep into the pain zone. :)

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't sound like a fast course GD and with that many runners I'm sure you hit the back markers. Do you have any other local parkruns for a sub 20 attempt. I have 3 within 7 miles. 
  • Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Gerard nice matching shades ,fun times together.
    GUL stopped by the rain ,sounds a wise enough decision at early am.
    Badbark an excellent run all the same ,if only we knew who were up against and how tired their legs were 1 mile in !!! If you reach a 100 mile and feel like running further give yourself a well earned smack as that's more than far enough Lol !
    Gdawg find a decent course and sub 20 is a given ,maybe even sub 19...
    No running this morn but plan to go out this evening after work ,niggly left hip/hammy but hoping it will settle again.
  • Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Briefly (before dinner):

BB- awesome time especially  as it didn't seem you were podium hunting. (Were you...?)
     Lorenzo - not on FB anymore (since Jan!) so PM here. I'll let you know email address/phone no too so we can coordinate movements and meeting points. 
    OO - 
    OMG. Hope your lovely middle OO heals soon. Both elbows sounds like a tricky one to get by with? 
    Gerard- mini GM looks so much like you! 
    Leslie - not long now. Hang in and don't let the taper send you into a panic. 
    Gul - Excellent consistency from you. Glad you're running well.
     Poacher - when's the big cyclo event? 
    Birch - please stop fretting about your runs. I'm so impressed by you, always. (you too PMJ) It's why I don't post anywhere else. Because I'm so impressed by the talent here as well as the fact I learn so much from you experienced runners. No more negativity and half full glasses please.

More Pilates under the Greek sun for me. 
  • Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    G-Dawg - Funnily enough the sunnies were purchased on compltely different occasions, my boy wanted a pair for sport and he chose them and then we both realised they were almost identical. Your parkrun course sounds tough. As others have said find a quicker one if you can but I'm sure you will chip away at the time on yours and it will be rewarding when you do crack 20. I have no choice here as we only have one and it's very tough. I have to go eye balls out to get near 19:2x. I'm determined to go sub 19 on ours though.

Gul - Good to hear normal service has resumed. 

OO - 3 within 7 miles is great. Which one do you think is the fastest? 

Leslie - I hope that hammy settles soon. Sports massage??

MsE - Yes, my mother has photos of me at the same age and we look identical at various stages of boyhood. It's quite scary and a lot of my old friends can't get over the resemblance. I'm very envious of your Greek sun and relaxation but you sure need it with all the running around you do for your family. Are the kids having fun? My sister has booked a villa in Majorca in August and invited my son and I for a week. I've never been and can't wait for some proper summer heat.

Badbark - Good luck with that challenge, the thought of it scares the living daylights out of me but you're tough and no doubt will run well. I hope you can manage the nutrition well as that seems to be the key factor in these ultra ultras! 

Another zero here today as I have been discharging my fatherly duties and trying to manage my increasing workload on shorter hours. It's due to warm up again and I hope to get out for an hour while my son is at activity camp doing raft building and mini Olympics on the beach. 

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    evening all

MsE- pleased MsEsq's recovery is on track, and thanks for your encouraging words :)

Badbark - cracking performance there, esp after holiday, and extra timber carrying  . . .

Gerard - 70% would yield 1:44 . . . . .    lovely pic of you and your boy . . . . 

"Come gather 'round people
    Wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown -
    And accept it that soon - you'll be drenched to the bone.
    If your time to you is worth savin'
    Then you better start swimmin' , or you'll sink like a stone
    For the times they are a-changin'."   

perhaps I exaggerate with the above lines, but the tectonic plates are shifting when Gul posts   "I couldn't be bothered to get up and go for a run"   . . . . . . .  
  • Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    Birch - Thanks. 1:44 sounds very doable? Haha, re GuI.. I know what's the world coming to eh? 
  • Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Track session last night and a proper lactic blow-out session.

The coach said to do 4 x 100m which meant running the straights and jogging the bends.
    Rest for 2 mins, then smash 400 as hard as you can. Repeat 5 times.

I was pleased that the 400s were all very consistent - 71,72,72,72,70 (time in secs)

My legs were filling with lactic after around 250m of the 400s and they were shaking at the end, but a good one to get into the speed tank.
  • Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    GD - decent parkrun. On a cooler day you will get sub 20 no problem. Cracking track session - sounds like a killer.
    Badbark - sounds like a good plan. I am tempted to have a crack at something like that one of these days (relatively speaking of course!)
    GM - hope you managed to get out for a run - sounds like your son is having a great time.
    Birch - LOL.
    Just to get the world back on a sound footing, I was out early for a run today. Along the Gaywood river, hoping to cross the A149 and continue towards Bawsey Ruins, but alas the river bank is still seriously overgrown. So back along the other bank and into Reffley Woods for a few random laps before heading home. A bit short on the distance I had in mind, so did a lap and a half of the field for the first time in a long long while. 15 miles in total.
    P.S. After bruising my ribs, I thought May was going to be a wash-out, so quite pleased to rack up 187 for the month.
  • Options
    Gul, my Dad is building new footpaths along the Gaywood River so he will be happy to know they are needed. 

May D&D and 153 miles at 7:57 pace. 826 for the year and I'd like to be 833 even 2,000 miles a year) so 7 miles behind but that is not out of reach. 

Badbark said:

My main goal will be to break the 100 mile barrier and try to enjoy the occasion as much as possible. 

Running 100 miles is on my bucket list, so no better time to go for it than the 24 hour World Championships. There is a reward for everyone running 100 miles in the open race too. If I reach 100 and feel like running further than I might, but I’m much more likely to call it a day and head home for a sleep!  

My race plan will be much the same as last year in the 12 hour. I’ll take a break every 3 to 5 miles and run about 9 minute mile pace. The breaks will become longer depending on how I feel. I really want to enjoy it, so hope I won’t have to go too deep into the pain zone. :)

Sounds to be a good plan. Is the 9-minute mile pace average or not? A lot or reports seem to suggest that you will get slower in an ultra.

100 miles in 24 hours is the only thing that may persuade me to run an ultra. 50k is not an ultra at all, it is a marathon with a walk to the pub afterwards.

50 miles is where an ultra begins and gets messed up with 100km (about 62 miles) but I see no reason to run one. There are people who have run further and there are people who run them fast (so 100km in a bit over 6.5 hours). 100 miles in 24 hours seems so plausible, 4 miles an hour is a walk, yet I am sure it is quite hard. 
  • Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    PMJ - that's great. Please put in a request for the section from the A149 to the farm track near Bawsey ruins next ;) In a weird coincidence, I've just heard that the fire brigade are busy putting out a fire on the fields between the Gaywood River and the QE Hospital. Nothing to do with me, honest! BTW We're neck and neck 834 @ 8:23 for me so far this year.
    I have looked at doing the Peddars Way Ultra or the Norfolk 100km as a stepping stone to something like a 24 hour event ("quite hard" must be an understatement!) It's not going to happen this year though.
  • Options
    BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

Sounds to be a good plan. Is the 9-minute mile pace average or not? A lot or reports seem to suggest that you will get slower in an ultra.

Here are my splits from the 12 hour last year, when I covered 75 miles on the same course. All splits over 10 minutes were due to a visit to the toilet or a short break. I didn’t really pay much attention to my pace and just ran what felt like ‘easy’ throughout. As you can see this was low to mid 8 m/m early on and slowing to just over 9 later. I imagine something similar again with even more of a slow down closer to 100 miles.

8:18 8:16 8:07 8:18 8:24 8:27 8:27 9:08 8:08 8:18 8:24 8:21 8:27 8:24 8:34 8:40 8:33 8:33 8:48 8:34 8:19 9:04 8:44 8:46 8:20 8:43 8:34 8:48 9:34 10:18 9:02 10:17 12:15 9:09 8:26 8:36 10:36 8:50 10:47 8:55 10:11 12:29 16:50 10:31 9:10 9:09 11:55 9:05 9:06

• Options
    PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    100m in 24hrs is very plausible for the sort of runner who hangs about on this thread.  Apart from doing some 5-8hr training run/walks, the deal breakers would be (a) mindset (b) ability to eat solid food and stay hydrated (c) terrain - flatter the better, preferably off road (d) ability to walk at a pace balancing speed with economy (e) weather/temperature (f) amount of kit carried, + whether supported or unsupported (g) staying uninjured. A serious problem with any of those factors could spell disaster, but other than that I really don't think it's as hard as it sounds.

Actually coming out at the pointy end of a 100m event would be hard, cos there are some un-sung but absolutely amazing ultra runners out there.

End of May, think I did about 12 miles all month, but cycled 420 including the century, so that's good.

BB - extraordinary stuff
    GD - very rapid 400s
    MsE - 2 weekends away
    Gul - it's absolutely lovely in Norfolk.  :)
  • Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Gerard working till friday evening so no time for a massage
    Gdawg that's proper fast 400's flying !
    Gul very decent month after a fall and plenty of long runs, I didn't think you would have been up for Ultra's but why not give it a whirl ! 
    PMJ no way you would walk at a brisk 4 mph for 24 hrs ,3 mph is an average walking pace ,100m in 24 hrs is a seriously big achievement ,let's just call it 4 back to back mara's to give it a bit of realism ...
    Badbark I suspect walking breaks will become a necessity to make the 100m and take them before you really need them so as not to burn out .
    Poacher Nice month of cycling .
    Birch evenin'  Gul is just pausing to shift up a gear .

5m easy to night after work (8:13 av) hip /hammy  moaning a bit and the dreaded dns has crept into my thoughts but have till sunday to decide yet ! doom doom doom ...

at least may was a decent month with 288 mile covered ! and 1509 mile for the year so far , not bad for 5 months !

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    G-Dawg - V.fast 400's. No wonder you were full of lactic, that's around 4:4x mile pace. To put that into context in terms of what we do, that's around 2:04 marathon pace! Running like an East African you were! :smiley:

PMJ - I'm curious, what age is your Dad? Must still be fit if he's actually building the pathways?

Gul - A very decent month after your rib injury. Did I hear you say ultra? Seems to be catching around here. :) 

Leslie - That's a shame, maybe some foam rolling might help? Try and relax if you can, it's most likely the taper madness or at least I hope so. Huge mileage! 

Poacher - Good bike mile focus, as long as you can stay in the saddle you'll be grand. 

100 miles.....hmmm,  the only way I'll ever cover that mileage in one go will be engine or sail assisted. 6 miles today in the afternoon heat, my legs felt useless and I covered a few of them on the beach. i got a travelling cramp down my right calf and had to stop to stretch it out. 7:29mm average. I'm hoping for better tomorrow and it's meant to be 25c, think I'll have to go for a sea swim for a cool off afterwards. 

• Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Poacher - good cycling tally. Glad you're enjoying Norfolk.
    Leslie - hope all is well by Sunday. Just remind me (again, sorry!) - is that your target marathon or a tune-up race? I have a vague plan to run from my dad's birthplace (Bradford) back to where the family moved in the late 1920s (King's Lynn). That's about 140 miles, so I might need some ultra practice!
    GM - definitely the weather for cooling off in the sea!
    11 slow miles and a haircut this morning.
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Snap Gul I also had a haircut. Part of my morning walk today.

I'm on1050 miles this year, but that will obviously take a hit with the injury.

My pal completed the Bob Graham round last weekend. All the peaks around Keswick and 60+ miles. He did it in 23 hours in spite of lost time due to fog and bad weather on some of the peaks. Whilst I admire the achievement I have zero desire to try it myself.

Sounds like a great session GD a real lung buster- I really miss those.

Looking forward to getting junior OO home from Uni this weekend. I'll watch her run a 3k track race on Sunday, then the famous Blaydon race on June 9th. Meanwhile middle daughter is back to work, in spite of the double fracture- that's the spirit!    

• Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Gerard enjoy the swim ,cramp is annoying alright. Not keen on foam roller these days though as it has made things worse in the past so trying to relax a bit .
    Gul its my "A " race this time .140 mile ? you will definitely need the practice and a weekend off too for that !
    0054 Not sure what your daughter does but I suspect its going to be tricky now. Nice to get over the 1000 mile . 
  • Options
    GerardM said:

PMJ - I'm curious, what age is your Dad? Must still be fit if he's actually building the pathways?

Reckon he must be 81: born 1936. More stubborn than fit, rambles a few times a week as well.

He is the one in the middle of this photo with the Tilley hat and high viz top on. When he dies, I inherit 1/7th of that hat. 

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Nice one PMJ- signs are good for your longevity.

Tried my first run today with an icepack on my hand- a humble 2 miler at 9:30 pace. Against all medical advice of course but felt fine.

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    Leslie - Do what's best for you. I don't often get cramp but when it's in the calf muscles it's usually a disaster as far as running is concerned. 

PMJ - Nice photo. Have you got 6 siblings? Good that he's active, stubbornness is often frowned upon but I reckon it gets a bad rep. 

Gul - That would be epic! Have you got any remaining family up there? 

OO - Haha, you bad boy! :)  How is your hand? What is the total recovery time from an op like that? I'd say it must hurt a bit. Are you drugged up? No vino??

I did a 5 mile progressive run today in the heat of the afternoon, it was apparently the hottest day ever here for June 1 since records from 189x. I don't seem to be moving so well at the moment, my left foot has been a bit sore across the middle on top and it's causing other imbalances, so I am not able hit the natural foot-strike as a consequence. Shifting gears yielded 7:47/7:15/6:59/6:45/6:33 and then rewarded myself with a hop off the wall and submerged into the sea. It was bliss, it still feels a tad cool but it was welcome and I lay like a reptile on the hot rocks for half hour afterwards just to dry off and then jogged a mile back home. 

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Nice progressive there GM. Nice way to cool off too.

Naughty boy, OO. Good to see!  :D

Track tonight. 4 x 1 mile reps with 2 min recoveries. Coach told me to take it easy as I have the race on Sunday.
    Warm up mile was 6.46 pace as I threw a few strides in.
    Mile reps averaged 6.15 for the first three then bashed the final lap on the final rep to treat myself to a 6.01.

Pleased it all felt straight forward, just need to hook 10 decent ones together on Sunday. 
  • Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Leslie - nooooooo!!! Really hope all is well by Sunday; you've had such a great build-up.
    PMJ - is that Mrs Jones in the flowery sun hat and will you get 1/7 of that too?
    OO - according to medical advice, how long are you supposed to wait before running again?!
    GM - good run and cool-down. Take care of that foot now.
    GD - not bad for a supposedly "easy" 4 x 1 mile rep session! All the best for Sunday.
    Got up early today and went straight back to bed when I discovered my left hip/groin area was quite painful. Probably just over done it a bit. Feels fine now, but might take another day's rest as I'm out early on Saturday again to set up for a Fun Day in the local park.

• Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    PMJ great you da keeps active at 81 ,hopefully that hat stays where it is for along time yet .
    0054 didn't think it would hold you back too long !
    Gerard enjoy the heat and soaks in the sea ,shame injury is holding you back though.
    Gdawg maybe a bit too close for fast mile reps but as long as you are enjoying it .
    Gul I think this place is turning into the dodgy hip forum ! I read about piriformis on here and it sounds  a lot like what I've got and is pressing on my sciatic nerve (just guessing here) my legs are feeling stronger every day but it still hurts every step . Stopped stretching my hammies as this may be aggravating it and won't run today or tomorrow. 

• Options
    BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭
    Poacher said:
    100m in 24hrs is very plausible for the sort of runner who hangs about on this thread.  Apart from doing some 5-8hr training run/walks, the deal breakers would be (a) mindset (b) ability to eat solid food and stay hydrated (c) terrain - flatter the better, preferably off road (d) ability to walk at a pace balancing speed with economy (e) weather/temperature (f) amount of kit carried, + whether supported or unsupported (g) staying uninjured. A serious problem with any of those factors could spell disaster, but other than that I really don't think it's as hard as it sounds.

I agree with all your points. This video shows the course for the World Championships filmed at last year’s 24 hour event. http://www.belfast24.com/Our+Event.html As you can see (c) terrain is flat and as it’s a roughly a mile loop there are no issues with (f) amount of kit or support.

From doing the 12 hour last year I know my biggest problem could be (b) eating solid food. I was in considerable gastric distress for hours which was extremely difficult to handle. I was almost in tears while running and remember thinking that it was ‘hell on earth’, and promised myself never to do anything like it again.

Another point worth considering is fatigue. There comes a point where you just don’t have the energy to lift your legs. You might not be injured but your legs are so fatigued and stiff every step hurts.

Having run 75 miles last year, I can honestly say it was the hardest thing I have ever done. I’m prepared mentally to have to dig even deeper to break 100. However, I’m hoping things will go better this year, and I can look back and say that the 100 was easier than the 75!

PS – That’s my bald patch on display 6 seconds into the video, I’m in the blue top! :)

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Interestingly BB my pal who did the BG round in 23 hours said he didn't poo once during the race, which amazes me. His support crew had a range of food options like beans, soup and sausage rolls available. He just ate whichever he fancied at each stop with no rigid plan.

No definitive rules from the Doc (best not to ask) but I think 3 weeks is the danger period for the skin graft. I'm just going to go on feel, but have entered a 10k race with Junior at the end of June. I've walked over 60 miles in the week since the Op and weight is stable. I've stopped taking pain killers so back on the beer and vino which is much nicer.

Take care with those hips Gul and Lesley.  

• Options
    OO - sounds like an interesting plan of ignoring doctor's orders and taking beer/wine as medication. :)

Gul / Leslie - hope that there's nothing too badly wrong with your hips. Rest up for a bit.

Gul - sounds like a great undertaking to run from Bradford to Kings Lynn. How long do you reckon it would take?

Poacher - top cycling this month. When does preparation for your Ironman start? ;)

GM - sounds like a great progressive run there with a nice cool finish to boot.

Madbark - low 8 min / mile pace is a cracking speed to set off at for a 100 mile race; have you thought about taking it much easier for the first half? I'd fancy having a go at a 100 mile Ultra but I don't think I could cope with 100 laps of a mile circuit - I'd far rather run a point-to-point race

On the subject of Ultras, did anyone see that Race Jase ran in the National 100K champs recently? There's a great write up on his blog (http://marathonmanonamission.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/british-national-100k-championships_26.htmlhttp://). In his words he "set off conservatively" which meant the first few miles were done at around 6:20 pace(!) and it wasn't until mile 46 that he clocked a mile beginning with a 7. Aaargh! Unfortunately he had to DNF at 85K but an amazing performance all the same.

MsE - I'll message you later today with a plan for next weekend.

G-Dawg - you're in super sharp shape at the moment. Fully expect great things on Sunday. I'll be driving the lead car but might see you at the start and will definitely look at for you at the finish.

Finished May with just over 200 miles and started June with a double of an easy 4.5 miles in the morning followed by 6 x 500m at the track last night and a pleasant 7.7 off road miles this morning. Planning to do a parkrun tomorrow but haven't decided which one yet.
  • Options
    GerardM said:

PMJ - Nice photo. Have you got 6 siblings? Good that he's active, stubbornness is often frowned upon but I reckon it gets a bad rep. 

2 siblings but 4 children. My parents reckon my 2 brothers and I are not in dire need for the inheritance so we each get 1/7th and the 4 grandchildren each get 1/7th as well. Makes a lot of sense as my two brothers both own their houses and cars and are retired and the only reason I am not in the same boat is paying for 4 kids to grow up and go through university. Apparently, it now costs just about £230,000 to raise a child to 21 years old so what my siblings have done with the million I've spent that way, I don't know. 

Starting to think that the thing I need to change is to stop racing. I really enjoy running just for the sake of running. I have had fun in the past in races when I was competitive but maybe it is time to let go of that aspect and get pure to the enjoyable bits. 6 miles in the woods today, startled a doe who didn't break cover until I was almost on top of her. 
  • Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    PMJ - Putting 4 kids through uni is some going. I'd say you're still competitive in your age group so it's not time to hang up the gloves just yet but like you I really enjoy running for the sake of it but unlike you I've never been that competitive but I still love a good race, keeps the juices flowing and it's good to have personal targets. 

Lorenzo - Great monthly total and I hope you had a good parkrun today. 

G-Dawg - Very speedy mile reps. What race are you doing this w/end? 

AndyL - All the best for your Comrades run. 

Leslie - I hope you smash your pb tomorrow. Good luck and I look forward to hearing how you got on.

Gul - I hope your hip settles down after a few days rest. 

Good luck to anyone else racing tomorrow.

Parkrun for me this morning and recorded my slowest one for some time. I've been struggling to hold a decent pace for the past few weeks and totally blew it this morning by going off too fast. Felt really good at the start and went out hard only to fade badly and by mile 2 I was just hanging on. The mile splits tell the story. 5:57/6:20/6:24 and 1:10 for the last bit. Garmin says 3.19 miles and 6:15 average pace for 19:51 and 70.36% WAVA. So not in pb shape at the mo and will have to manage the half next week a lot better than that today or I'll end up in trouble. Still a good speed endurance session and on a positive note my foot felt fine today. 
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

I volunteered today and watched a lady break juniors course record. She was actually 1st finisher and minute ahead so cant argue with that.

I had a 3 mile beach run with middle daughter- me in plaster and her with 2 broken arms. We looked a right pair but got it done.

Don't think I could live without racing PMJ but at least its easy to change your mind any time- not a decision for life.   

Great mileage Lorenzo