Options

Overdone it?

Comments

• Options
    Ok, how about "that's an entirely unreasonable 10k pace Mr V" ?
  • Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

Yep, i remember Skinny's session running scary loops in a foreign place in the dark and there being just one street lamp per lap or something . And thinking " Fek me, no wonder he was a mess, that's rapid !!! "

The beasty boy 12 with 7 @ LT was on the card for me this morning. I'd decided that 6 was going to be my max after Sunday's 20 w 15@MP and a 15MLR Weds.

4mile warm up 8:00, 7:20, 7:15, 7:11

1st mile " I can't do 2 "

2nd mile " I might squeeze 4 "

3rd mile " Nearly half way "

4th mile " actually it's not that bad "

5th mile " yes it feking is "

6th mile " my legs are going to drop off "

7th mile " 10k will be fine, you have a 24 on Sunday "

10k = 37:30 ( pavement pb image ) average 6:00

Struggled to get HR up to 165bpm which is what i see as my LT HR and i've hit 165-170 in past LT sessions, notably the same session last year. It topped out at 163bpm so aerobically it felt ok but legs would have struggled to complete a 7th mile.

• Options
    Mr VMr V ✭✭✭

Lit - You see right through me. Please will you tell me I did a good job?? image

Cheers Muddy, should probably read goal 10K pace at this moment in time.

Mace - Cracking stuff. A 37:30 10K as a LT session is mighty quick. Very reasonable I would say image

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Well, I would be impressed, Mr V, but look at the session mace has just done...

• Options
    Mr VMr V ✭✭✭

Mace please can you avoid posting your quality sessions at the same time as me. You are making me look bad. Cheers V

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Especially impressive because mace is really old. image

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭
  • Options
    macemace ✭✭✭
    literatin wrote (see)

Especially impressive because mace is really old. image

Haaaaaaaa, thanks Lit image

I missed your session V but it looks on the bloomin' quick side of reasonable to me.

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Bob - Yes, it was Kenny I was chatting with.  image  In fact you and Stu can swap notes on spike ripping at the National.  He got spiked so badly about two miles in he had to stop.  Completely ripped through his lovely, relatively new Brooks Mach 16's.  Write-off. Gutted!  It's the Mach 16 I'll be trying out for 5,000m this year.  I daren't try proper track spikes, these are minimal enough, and a good 150g (pair) saving over my lightest road shoes.  The BMAF champs will be an intermediary A race for me as well, coming at a nice stage of Summer racing just before I start to focus heavily on Berlin.  See you there!

Mace - I recognise those stages of a hard tempo run.  Oof!  Nice going.

• Options

Tommy and Lit image

Fantastic training run mace - worth a image I think!

Your description of how you felt each mile was very similar to my thoughts too - I wonder what happens physiologically between miles one and four because it can't just be mental?

What pace were you actually aiming for when you set off? EDIT: Ah - I've seen your edit now - its all about the HR.

PS Mr V - that's a good comeback from Tuesday night.

• Options

Muddy - I may have missed this from one of your race reports but which PB did you run in a Sulley mask?

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Muddy- talking of race reports........sunday??

Great effort Mace. Out of interest, you've not given a weight update for a while. Last you mentioned was that the weight had dropped off and you were back approaching a racing weight?

Did Mr V do something as well?

Having only run 4.5 miles since sunday, im going to get back on it today with 6-7 at lunchtime then hopefully follow it up with decent runs on the weekend.

All april races now entered. I was particularly pleased with my club affiliation discount for Leamington of £5.

• Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭

That's good, DT.  But Two Castles knocked a massive 7 quid off for affiliation.  Pity then that the bastards limited the number of club places, despite it being a key fixture in the Warwickshire Road Race League.  Had to enter as a normo at massive premium.  I'm a dick. image.  They sold out in three hours though!  

Great LT session, Mace.  I was very glad to do mine in a race.  

I will give you some kudos, Mr V.  

On the weight front are people actively trying to get down to a racing weight or is it naturally coming off?  My weight loss stalled when I was nursing my niggles and I think losing another 10lbs will put me at pre-preg weight and probs help me more in the marathon than any actual training now.  I'm stopping midweek wine and trying to keep an eye on sugar intake apart from before/immediately after runs.  But I'm a flipping gannet and breastfeeding (double gannet) so it's hard.  

Right, just off to the park to do my first interval session since 2013.  

• Options

Lots of very reasonable running going on.  Well done chaps.

Tuesday I did 6 at (last years) MP, which I found quite tough in the wind, but I think it is the biggest quality session since before Christmas, so perhaps should be expected.  Off work today, so time for a longish session after lunch.  I'll probably include a few miles of fartleky stuff or a load of strides.

Funny that after a few months of plodding, I'm quite apprehensive about starting on the harder stuff again.  I loved the quicker sessions last summer.

McF - Did I forget to mention that the club has another 35 2castles places to allocate to members?

• Options

DT - I think Muddy has assumed he doesn't need to write a report as Skinny wrote it for him.

• Options
    Mr VMr V ✭✭✭

McFlooze - I've increased my mid week drinking and sugar intake and have managed to lose half a stone! I'm sure my weight bears no resemblance to what I eat or how much training I do.

• Options

DT - I referred you to Skinny's version of events.

Skinny - That was a leisurely 2k with the little 'un before Bud's 5k Run back in October. I think we completed it in around 30 minutes and came last, cheered on by Paula Radcliffe (which I reported at the time).  So only a pb for the little monster in that one.

Mace - That is a stonking session. I've noticed similar things with the heart rate as you approach threshold and beyond. I theorise it's something to do with muscle fatigue kicking in before the heart and lungs start to max out but my understanding of the mechanisms involved is pretty poor. There is much heated discussion about the relevance of heart rate at those sorts of paces that I can't make head nor tail of about on LetsRun.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

By contrast, I have not made any changes to my mid-week drinking or sugar intake, and seem to be more or less normal-sized (maybe a little on the fat side right now but my scales don't work in my new house and my waist is only half an inch bigger than I think it should be so I am not worried). If I want to lose weight I have to think about it, though it's not that much effort when training a lot. I'm quite greedy though.

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

I have made no attempt to do anything with my weight, it seems pretty stable.  I have however given up alcohol for lent, for unrelated reasons, so being incessantly hungry  at peak mileage has probably offset this a bit.

Mace, I can't even begin to relate to most of that session...  Awesome.

Lou, sounds like a pretty good session to me - I always get a bit nervous about quality sessions for some reason.  I mean...it's only running... but I still get a bit edgy about it.  Long runs too, sometimes.  Sure you'll enjoy it when you get back at it image

Long run day for me.  22 miles in 3:13, 1800 ft of elevation gain, and average pace over half a minute quicker than the same run in September.  Mr Pfitz gives the best birthday presentsimage

• Options

Happy 30th Madbee!image

Nice running too.

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

Skinny - no idea but it seems at least you, Phil and me have a similar experience. A mixture of both i guess. There certainly seems to be a point where it gets easier and either side a right royal battle with the sodding chimp.

Lou - you'll probably love it once you get the first session in the bag.

muddy - yep, i struggle to understand it as well. In particular, surely if the legs are tired they need more blood = higher HR. Cheers for the heads up, i'll have a read on LetsRun.

DT - I haven't been on the ( NEW !!) scales for weeks as i decided i wasn't going to worry about weight and just eat when i felt hungry without being a pig to keep healthy and sustain mileage. In the past couple of  weeks my appetite seems to have shrunk ( maybe getting used to the mileage image) and i can feel i've lost a bit. Think i'll have a weigh-in tomorrow morning.

Lit - that's a few times i've seen you refer to yourself as 'greedy' image I'm starting to imagine you as a right little chubster, which i'm sure isn't really the case !!

EDIT ; Have a good day, Madbee image

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Happy birthday madbee! image

mace - I was quite a plump child. Now I eat like a giant glutton, but luckily I also run 65 miles per week and cycle anywhere between 20 and 100 miles.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Happy birthday Madbee image!

Bob, have you decided on Sunday yet? I'm going to run it, was hoping Jack was going to make his HP debut but unfortunately he can't make it.

My weight has been dropping recently, probably due to swimming twice a week, I was sub 11 when I checked last week. However, it does seem to vary by 1 or 2 pounds, so I think 11st 1 is probably a fair estimate of my actual weight.

Not running related, but I saw this the other day and thought of lit for some reason...

http://pointless-letters.tumblr.com/post/112806907392/my-house-flooded-three-weeks-later-but-it-was

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

Blimey, that's a lot of cycling. What sort of intensity ?

I reckon i cycle about 10-15 which is work commutes.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Tommy, that's lovely! Thank you for thinking of me. That plumber could sort out my valves any time.

Easy cycling, mace. I don't try very hard. And less of it at the moment because (a) I'm running to work a couple of times a week because of the higher midweek mileage in the marathon plan, (b) I've been working at home on Fridays, and (c) it's really f***ing windy. Anything stronger than 15mph forecast to be blowing straight into my face for the 10-mile ride home and I make other arrangements.

• Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭

Well hopefully my mileage should be back up to decent levels this week (although not as high as Lit) so hopefully things will start shifting again.  Otherwise I'm going to have to fire up My Fitness Pal.  I have lost 4.5 stone since July though image

Really enjoyed today's intervals.  They were a bit hard at the time but the sun was out and I did them at the park and I'm now filled with a sense of enormous well being.  5 x 800m done at 6:34 pace. With a 3mile run there and a bit more back for a total of 10.3 miles. Probs about 10 secs per mile too fast but who knows, maybe that is my 5k pace now.  Felt ok anyway.  Legs are happy enough. Good start seeing as not done any since before getting pregnant.  I was sort of apprehensive about them before hand.  But nowhere near as apprehensive as I have been about the long LT or MP sessions.

Happy Birthday, Madbee.  Hope you're doing something fun as well as running a massive great big long run.  image

• Options
    literatin wrote (see)

mace - I was quite a plump child. 

/members/images/673230/Gallery/Capture_2.jpg

Lit at her first pilates class image

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Disturbingly close, Skinny.

/members/images/699204/Gallery/small_lit.jpg