Overdone it?

Comments

• Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭

Nice fringe, Lit.  V cute image

• Options

Already nursing a tight hip flexor by the looks of things.image

• Options

Whoosh - and suddenly there's 3 pages to read since yesterday afternoon!

Skinny - It's your stand out post from Sep 2012 that is noteworthy and not my memory - as proven by the others who also recall it. image

Good sesh, Mr V - looks like you're back on it. More we are not worthy stuff from Mace, who never seems to be off it. Nice summary of the mental torture of the tempo too - it's the mental side I struggle with on tempos more than the physical. More long run madness from the marathon crew, this time courtesy of Madbee - gee whizz, happy birthday! image Nice intervals from McF though - nothing like some well executed intervals for a spot of invigoration. image Enjoy the fartlek, Lou.

I had lost some weight after the comments I had last week - flirting around the 11st dead mark when I checked a couple of times earlier in the week, but I'm now eating all of the food as I don't think I want to be that light.

Phil - I still need to clean the mud off my XC spikes to see if they're salvageable. Not confident though, commiserations to Kenny on his loss, and look forward to seeing you both there. image

Tommy - Will probably make a fairly late decision after I've had a jog out tomorrow afternoon. Looks like the breeze might be dropping out a bit by late morning on Sunday though. Will drop you a PM. Can you get out to the A453 through Clifton, or down to Gotham City from yours with the tramworks at the moment? If I do race, I can probably pick you up if it's not too much hassle getting out in the right direction and you wanted a lift.

9.5m 'long' run of the week for me last night. Would be a recovery jog for most of the rest of the thread at the moment!

Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

Already nursing a tight hip flexor by the looks of things.image

Well, nappies just didn't allow for the same freedom of movement back in those days, did they? image

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Bob, no worries and yep you can out though Clifton fairly easily. Coming back the other way is more convoluted. A lift would be good thanks, will PM you my mobile number, probably easiest way of getting in touch. I might jog around Rushcliffe parkrun tomorrow and throw in a few strides to confuse others.  

Nice intervals McF, seems to be coming together for you in time for London.

Anybody else racing?

• Options

image My toddler pics are all in black and white.

Happy birthday Madbee and well done on yet more sterling long running.

Top sesh McFlooze - very quick.

I was pondering an intervals session at lunch too but erred on the side of caution as I ran a satisfying MP session in some new trainers yesterday lunch, followed by an easy run in the evening, so just a cross training day for me today ahead of the weekend's efforts.

Best of luck to Bob and Tommy and anyone else racing this weekend.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Mcf- that is a decent discount. I'm not sure I quite understand why the 2 castles is so popular. Yes, its quite quirky running from castle to castle but in between those two points its just an undulating countryside race, at the end of which you have to arse about with a coach back to the start. If i fancy doing it, I will just keep an eye on my local parkrun fb page in the week before. Last year there were loads of places getting passed about.

Happy 30th Madbee. My 30th is a dwindling memory now!

I note its the inter counties this saturday. If the weather is ok and the children havent completely sucked my spirit from me by tomorrow afternoon I make take a drive over. One of the guys in my club was saying that if he wanted to take up his place he had to actually buy a county vest, which he was a bit pissed off about.

Horrible run just. Had a sickness (though wasnt actually sick) and diarheea bug since Tuesday (pretty much completes my trophey cabinet of minor ailments this year) so been living on soup and anything else I can force down. Went for my normal lunchtime 7.5 loop. Needed a poo at 2 miles, which was fortunate I was briefly in a countryside type location and had taken toilet roll, then struggled through with ridiculously increased hr to normal then sort of hit a wall at about 6 miles and it turned into a death march. Now feel completely drained.

Who is racing this weekend beyond Tommy an maybe Bob? Goodluck if you are.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Cheers DT. Weren't you considering a LT run earlier in the week? A LT run with D&V symptoms sounds utterly horrendous, in fact any sort of running when feeling like that is not something to be taken lightly. Take it easy and get better!

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

+1 for if you are too ill to eat food, you are probably too ill to run.

The main appeal of doing the inter-counties for me was getting a county vest which was marginally less unflattering than my club vest. But Notts let you borrow one if you don't want to keep it.

• Options
    DT19 wrote (see)

I m experiencing a strange feeling in that i almost dont feel like I have  cold. Was going to get on with some running today, but still a bit achey from weekend and am shattered due to a child that has been teething now for about 10 nights! Therefore i moved saturdays recovery to today and just went for a spa and stretch.

Im desperate to get a LT run in with my new pace now but its gouing to have to wait until tomorrow.

Tommy's right DT - in fact above is your post from Wednesday which, I think it would be fair to say, we could have reasonably assumed included a full list of your current medical ailments!image I hope you didn't poo or vomit in the spa!image

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Yes that was just before the symptoms kicked in!! Maybe in a parallel universe where I didn't get the bug, I did the Lt run and properly injured myself. Therefore the bug has saved me from myself.

I don't think there can be a bug in circulation that I'm not now immune to.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    The stomach issues kicked in at some point Wednesday afternoon/ evening. Wednesday was a very unpleasant night spent on the edge of being sick then yesterday was spent sat on toilet.

The thing is....with the frequency in which I have got I'll in last six months, if I rest every time it happens then I'll never train.

I had kind of expected this to happen as my son was starting school and daughter day care at same time. Three years ago when my eldest went to day care we were hammered for 6 months so with a double whammy this time I knew it would be messy!
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

You know, I think that's probably enough detail about the poo now.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Agreed. Put BBC on and watch KJT try and break a world record, a much better idea!

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

I wonder if the bug was in my system Sunday, detrimentally affecting my performance!? Hope so!

Ok...not about poo, but yesterday i had the most horrendous and consistent wind I can ever recall. I had to sit in my office with a fan on all day, regularly spraying aftershave.

• Options

I seem to remember Bob combined a shit performance with bad wind last weekend too.image

• Options
    By coincidence, just before leaving work I temporarily blocked the loo with what (on account of his mid-80s solo track, Big Log) we used to refer to as a Robert Plant. This particular Robert Plant wouldn't have looked out of place had it been blown off the Major Oak in last Sunday's high winds. image
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

FFS.

Okay, just so I don't feel left out: by contrast, the other day when I ran 10.5 miles to work including 3 x 2 miles @ HMP, I didn't need a poo when I got up, so I didn't bother having one and I didn't need a poo while running either.

• Options

DT - you must be an absolute joy to work with. image

In case you were wondering, I dropped the kids off before my run today - 11 miles off road and reasonably firm underfoot for the first time in several months.  The proposed fartleky bit turned out to be little more than a handfull of half-arsed and heavy-legged strides.  

• Options

Bob, surely the entirety of Robert Plant's 80s output could go by that title, no?

Just about sold on doing my local parkrun tomorrow. Been muddy for so long and I reckon it'll be firmer at the mo. Legs have been a bit flat this week but a day off running is waking them up a tad.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Bah. I am ill. image So instead of running 22 miles into a 21mph wind, I am sitting in bed drinking coffee and reading novels. I'm annoyed about it though.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Not a stomach bug by chance?
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

No, just a throat full of green stuff, a cough, and a mild fever. It was the fever (38.7C) that made me decide the 22-miler might be a mistake today.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Hope it clears up quickly, lit. Good idea not to run.

Tempo-ish pakrun this morning, not sure of time as I ran it as the filling of a six mile parkrun sandwich. Felt pretty controlled throughout and was quite enjoyable passing quite a few runners who were slowing in the last km or so. Someone was running their 100th parkun today, so there was more happy clapping than usual.

• Options
    Unlucky Lit, fingers crossed it doesn't linger.

Good sandwiching Tommy. Bit windy on my easy 8 with hill strides this morning. Hope it dies down for you by tomorrow.
  • Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭

Get well soon, Lit.  Better now than in a few weeks I guess.  You'll just have to have a really, really long run to work next week sometime instead.  

I'm having a rest today after yesterdays intervals, tomorrow is long run day.  Only forecast to be slightly breezy. 

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

It was fairly windy round here today as well, but not nearly as bad as last weekend by all accounts. Hopefully it blows itself out by tomorrow.

I bumped into my form tutor from 20 years ago today (yikes, that makes me feel old). He's V60 I guess and is running ~21 minutes for 5k, which is pretty reasonable. As I was running home, I vaguely remembered a story he told us about him running a marathon in the USA (San Francisco I think) in under 2:30 and was first overseas finisher, if I remember correctly. At the time this didn't mean much to any of us, but now I realise quite how impressive that is! I hope I can catch up with him again and get the full and correct details.

• Options
    Lit ill??? Get well soon. Nice running Tommy.

I had played a round of golf and run 10 miles at steady pace (73:07) by 11:50 this morning - mental - should ensure the 17 are done on tired legs tomorrow without being quite as tired as if I had raced.
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)
    Lit ill??? Get well soon..

I know! It's not like me at all and I am therefore disproportionately annoyed about it. Work is like a massive germ factory at the moment. I am staying in bed doing some reading and am very grateful that I have already finished The Plague.

Nice running (and golfing) by Tommy, Muddy & Skinny. I'm a bit jealous though not of the wind. Hopefully I will be better by tomorrow, when it should be much better weather for a run anyway. If I can't do the 22 tomorrow it won't get done, though, as I'm doing a HM next weekend.*

*edit: unless I die of plague.

• Options
    Have you changed your mind and decided to race the half? Otherwise surely it's 6m warm up, HM, 3m warm down. image

More seriously I would guess that if anyone can afford to drop a 22 miler from the schedule it might be you as you seem to run long runs effortlessly.

Good luck tomorrow Tommy and maybe Bob and presumably Muddy???
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I never intended not to race the half, Skinny - I wouldn't bother entering one and going all that way if I just wanted to do a training run.