Options

Fatman to Ironman

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    What is peoples infaturation about spam?

Theres probably as many posts about spam as there is spam.

• Options

Thanks for the training program for the week SD

what aero bars did you order as your ebay link doesnt work

• Options
    gastank wrote (see)
    Raf - go wash your mouth out with mellow birds

imageimageimage

Good stuff, IY.  And MoK - 30 miles is not to be sniffed at

Just back from the pool.  As planned, cycled there (turns out it's 12 miles), did the hour of training, cycled home.  And all in the tri suit!
    My swimming was a bit pants, but other than that, I really enjoyed my evening.

Tomorrow may be another story!
    Very glad I'm going to get some more ink done tomorrow, because I'll get to lie down for an hour or so, and the needle will take my mind off my legs! 

• Options

SD - how difficult did you find it to bin the drink?

• Options
    Nice nurse, can u say what you're getting?
  • Options
    NR - was it weird cycling in a wet tri suit?

Can't do that here - bike would get nicked outside pool!
  • Options

Gas - there's a fair bit of ink, and it's a work in progress.  You'll see (most of) it when we do IM.  And if we're in the same changing tent you might see all of it image.

Cycling in the wet tri suit was actually ok. It dried out pretty quickly.

• Options
    Love ink, OH not so much... Have one or two decent size pieces, would like more
  • Options
    Changing tent... Going to stay with us on the swim then?image
  • Options
    gastank wrote (see)
    Love ink, OH not so much... Have one or two decent size pieces, would like more

Go for it, you're only here once.

• Options

I have two pieces and I have a design in mind for a 3rd but I cant make up my mind where to put it so I have procrastinated for a few years now !

• Options
    RafikiD wrote (see)

Kanga - Prince Siggy's mate does them.. stickybike.co.uk

Its difficult to order anything 'special' from his website, but if you email him with specifics then pay via his web site, he can do almost anything. He has the Pirate logo, so can stick it on anything

Ta, on the case image Seems a bit daft still being 'Kanga' back in Oz, but suppose once a Kanga, always a Kanga ....

• Options
    Kanga (M.) wrote (see)
    RafikiD wrote (see)

Kanga - Prince Siggy's mate does them.. stickybike.co.uk

Its difficult to order anything 'special' from his website, but if you email him with specifics then pay via his web site, he can do almost anything. He has the Pirate logo, so can stick it on anything

Ta, on the case image Seems a bit daft still being 'Kanga' back in Oz, but suppose once a Kanga, always a Kanga ....

Deer, squirrel or fox don't suit you so you're probably best sticking with Kanga.

• Options
    I think I need a pirate name as Markofkent just isn't fun

Any ideas image
  • Options

You've just made gastank's day!

• Options

Hope the TI book help SD image Ive had a quick look though it, seems like some good ideas, but quite a long-winded writing style! 

• Options

Afternoon

NR - Quitting booze was easier than quitting the fags. I've had drink issues since my Army days. Although i've never needed to drink regular, once i start i can't stop untill there is nowhere left to drink, my moneys gone or i pass out.  I also have 3 day hangovers after one of my benders which mucks up training plans. So, i choose not to go out much anymore. I have a work BBQ next Friday, that will be a challenge not to drink image

MK - Aero bars were cheapys, http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/handlebars/road/product/review-tranz-x-tb01-tri-bars-10-37908

Ink - Ive got loads of random ones, cant remember getting most of them done. Most memorable was two budhist images tattoo'd on my back when i lived in Thailand. They were done using bamboo as opposed to a gun. Took 10 hours.

Guess we'll get to see NR's artwork when she posts her Tri-Suit pics

Tom - i doubt it will make me any worse mate, lol.

• Options

I had my first tatt since Uni days done earlier this year - 26.2 related. They certainly hurt more when you're sober! image

• Options

Still working up to my first inking image 

I found quitting booze quite difficult, very very rarely drink now... still smoke though!

• Options

In the spirit of ink, my latest:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/305489_1899343730482_8287368_n.jpg

• Options

I had my one and only tattoo done 21 years ago. I keep thinking about another. Don't they say you can't swim for a while afterwards?

• Options

Found this:

Question: How Long Do I Have to Wait To Go Swimming After Getting a Tattoo? Answer: Tattoos should be allowed to heal for a minimum of 2 weeks - until all flaking and peeling is finished and all scabs have fallen off. Even then, you're taking a risk getting in a chemically treated pool or bacteria-infested pond or lake, especially if you stay for an extended period of time. A tattoo is not considered fully healed until a new layer of protective skin has grown over it - this process usually takes about 3 months. Until then, your tattoo is most vulnerable to all elements - bacteria, sun, chemicals, pollution, etc. This is why getting a tattoo during the summer is not recommended, especially for swimmers and beach bunnies! If you've already got the tattoo, all I can really recommend now is stay out of the pool for at least 2 weeks and then keep your swimming to a minimum if you absolutely must go, and make sure you clean your tattoo thorougly after getting out of the water. If you can hold out for the full 3 month perdiod, you'll be doing your new tattoo a great service and I guarantee that it will have been worth the sacrifice.
  • Options

I've been in the pool a couple of days after getting them.  Just covered them with a layer of Bepanthen nappy cream, and have never had any problems with healing.

I obviously didn't work nearly hard enough last night, because my legs feel absolutely fine today.  Consequently, the inking was a wee bit nippy!  Delighted with it tho', and have left tattoo man with the next piece for himr to finish off drawing up.

• Options

I was a dive instructor/guide in Phuket when a lot of my tats were done. Tattoo'd early morning after a night on the lash then straight down to Chalong Bay to take the tourists out diving. Woke up with my nipple pierced one time image

I quit on June 18th 2011 after smoking for over 25 years. I used patches & an inhaler from the doctor. Biggest incentive that has kept me of them though is 100 mile sportives & Ironman dreams

1 hour run just done, thats the longest time i've run in over 6 years.

45 bike ride in a min. Aero bars arrived today so going to stick them on for a go.

• Options

drinking... not too bad to give up for me, I don't like how I feel the next day and always regret it, so I guess with the training, i have found it easy not to drink. I will have the occasional couple, but beyond that is very infrequent. In fact I will probably go weeks at a time without a drink regardless

smoking... I gave up after 12 years on 16th march 2012, figured if I was going to be a fitness nut I should give it up... have subsequently gained weight through shite portion control - i now have an appetite again. Reckon I am about a stone up, but have given myself a strong talking to, since i'm not going back to being obese!

Tattoos, four in total, two large, more always being planned, waiting for IM and will factor that as my next

/members/images/676950/Gallery/Before_and_After_(640x456)_1.jpg

/members/images/676950/Gallery/dragon_tattoo_web_1_1.jpg

/members/images/676950/Gallery/Pinup_Angel_1_(800x600)_0.jpg

• Options
    Thanks for the advice! Not sure if IM is a very realistic goal right now lol

Will definitely check out 'born to run' though.

Just realised why running always feels rubbish.......it's coz I never run past the initial 20 mins! Lol

A x
  • Options

Nice Ink Gas. Image of your wife on your back?

Not sure why you have my wifes image on your arm though !

Tri-harder - you'll have to see how your training goes, if someone had told me a month ago i'd be doing a half Ironman in August i'd have laughed at them. My original ironman goal was before i'm 50, then in 2014, now 2013 (Gas's fault).

Have a look at Don Finks book, 'Be Iron fit'. Have you read BossHolgs book?

• Options

Read everything   image

• Options

Good plan image

Forgot to say. Aero bars were ok. Bit wobbly when i first went on them but after a couple of secs no worries. I need to adjust them properly though as the positioning was really uncomfortable.