Options

Pirate Race Team

Comments

• Options

A pirate pointyshit hat somehow fills me with deep joyimage Although i will be fighting anyone to stand at the end of the queue to wear itimage

• Options

Back end that isimage

• Options
    Ridgebackmax wrote (see)

A pirate pointyshit hat somehow fills me with deep joyimage Although i will be fighting anyone to stand at the end of the queue to wear itimage

Does Fegan's Pointyhats sound too much like Mosley's Brownshirts? image

• Options

mon  can you recommend any shit hot london head-of-wardrobe people?  My regular one just dumped my 2 week project in january for a 5 month full time project working for E4.  

They are dressing presenters in a fictitious TV shopping channel.  So shinv spiv suits and shit like that.  2 men one woman.  All the "crew" wear a uniform polo shirt and some of their own stuff, so easy.  Getting lots of outfits for the female will be the testing part

2 weeks plus prep time.  £1200.

thoughts?

...as you were, everybody else.  Apologies for the interruption, but she never reples to my emails image

• Options
    fat buddha wrote (see)
    M...eldy wrote (see)

Black n yeller sundials??  Make it happen    image

ferk off - I'm just about getting to grips that someone opened a fecking pirate umbrella at Sunday's event.   I nearly tore it off them....imageimage   ( for fucks sake again - we have Xmas smileys and those that don't have a red hat are fucking broken. arse. I'm going back to Facebook.....)

My Buddha...the umbrellas were taken after a special request from the bride to take themimage..

but if you lay into her then a certain groom might not be happy.......

• Options
    Ok I'll come clean , I'm still bitter about the trampolining thread!
  • Options
    Iron Rose wrote (see)
    popsider wrote (see)

Is there some reason why people can't share advice, qmotivation etc without setting themselves apart.   

Ridgebackmax wrote (see)

Gary, You could always just start a go faster/ qualify for kona thread i would be interested in that as i appear to be stuck in a 11 /12 hour rut and would like some advice /guidance on hiw to break out of it

These both go hand in hand, it was chatted about a few years ago putting a sub 10 thread on the forum, a bit like the sub 3 on the other side. this quickly got dismissed as the elite element surfaced and the normal laughing/joking/p*ss taking that make the posts so funny would not be relevant in a post like that, unfortunately, I can't remember a post that started out as serious made it past the first page without losing its original post or descending into farce and chaos.

And then the poster being told to p*ss off to the tripetalk forum if they wanted to be serious, you can't have it both ways.

Sorry to go back to this, but there is a mentor thread on here, why cant itbe used for the peeps that want to improve as well as the newbies. I'm sure I am not the only Pirate on here that is a fitness professional/ Tri coach

• Options

Why not have a sub 10 thread ... it will either gather followers and lurkers or it wont???
    Plenty here I would think who could benefit

Postie I do think that the mentor/mentee thread still works, I would hazzard a guess also that some of the quicker pirates have contacted those who have been there, less likely to advertise their need if they already know who to nominate

• Options
    A sub 10 thread with the subtitle - no tw@tting around - save that for other threads ?

It might be worth a go ?
  • Options
    Sub 10 thread is a great ideas, there's no justification to discriminate against faster people.

There really isn't a place here for those at the pointy end to collaborate and discuss there training, there should be. I'll be keen to read it.
  • Options

Someone started a sub 5 HIM thread earlier this year and it withered through inactivity.

• Options

If a sub-10 thread on here gets too many bullshitty comments, just set up a cheap website to store info about racing/training etc., and you can have a forum on it for discussion. I'm sure it can't be that hard or costly to do, then everything is in one place?

• Options

So if no one owns the Pirate image right thingy, what's to actually stop someone setting a race team called Pirates and racing in yellow with black skull etc. I'm guessing nothing.

• Options

realistically, how many around these parts are sub-10 triathletes now or potentially??

existing ones - Gary, Rosey, Melik (retired and only ever an arms length pirate)

potential ones - Funkin, CD, CRAB, Engineer, Golden Boots (if he can get a finish..image), Flyaway (and I think she'd admit to saying that might be a huge ask)

there may be a few others I'm not aware of or yet to contribute but that's not many to keep a thread alive, and many of those listed (excludiing CRAB who isnt on a list..image) rarely post here these days.

there's more who could get a sub-11 sure but sub-11 as a thread title is frankly shit

those who are at the pointier end are more likley to get stimulated by other means - be it Gary's race team idea, dropping into Slowtwitch or Tripetalk, or by other means (being coached for example)

sure - give it a go - but I think it will wither and die.   

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

Funkin's also already a sub-10

• Options
    Flat Footed wrote (see)

So if no one owns the Pirate image right thingy, what's to actually stop someone setting a race team called Pirates and racing in yellow with black skull etc. I'm guessing nothing.

yep - nothing.  

• Options

That's the intention and one of "my" main aims of an such group.

As for a thread, threads are social and even the likes of the sub 3 running thread is a social thread with a bit of a WDIDT (although I've not been there for years).

So it wil slip of the page and just fade away...and that's the way the forum works, no point trying to change it.

Like Lea said, the idea is having the information to hand and accessible easily, just a "best of" really.

Well it's been an interesting 24 hours...thanks all for the input regardless of which side or fence you sit on. That's what's so special here.

• Options
    joddly wrote (see)

Funkin's also already a sub-10

did he sub-10 at Roth?? if so, I forgot that

• Options

Forgot Lea's quote...

• Options
    EU law protects unregistered design rights.
  • Options

Thought Funkin went sub 10 at IMUK, if only by 5 seconds anyway

• Options
    Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)
    So we are in danger of being sued by Blackbeard and a whole load of 16th century Pirates then.....image
  • Options

Ok, I've made a killing on Royal Mail, a smack down on Twitter, so when is PSOFKIT getting floated?

• Options

Only if theyre around to prove 'creative' input, ive never seen any colour photo's from the 16th century so they'd stuggle on the colour pantone.

• Options

Depends, when Plums wears the kit it rarely floats

• Options
    Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

but that's on the assumption that someone owns the design in the 1st place - nobody "owns" the pirate design although Melik could claim to do so as he was the one who designed the kit based on input from others.   

• Options
    I maybe wrong but there can be degrees of ownership, partial and shared owners, first owner and subsequent owners depending on their input to design.

It'd be a brave soul who'd try to defend a class action with the risk of paying costs if they lost.
  • Options

That was my point fb, nobody actually owns it but the strongest claim would be a collective of me, you (I think), melik and maybe smithy, who came up with it.  And whoever designed that skull image, which was nicked off the internet anyway.  And then given the pirates never had a committee to assume control, it's still with those original people, more than anybody else. Who weren't the people hypothetically trying to sell It.  

that's all boring though.  Who wants to buy a Tower Bridge?  I can do you a good price for one.  I can throw in a Chelsea Bridge and a Hammersmith Bridge too.  Those two are the most christmassy.