Options

Losing it with Nam and Bear

Comments

• Options

Morning!!

*runs upstairs and weighs self after sitting on loo for 10 minutes, cutting toenails, buffing off as much dead skin of heals as possible and stripping completely naked*

Its worse than I thought!!!! So, I need to lose about a stone!!! Jeeze!

Well I've had my porridge (made with semi milk...just don't make me do the water thing...I'll run an extra mile I promise).  Off to take the car to garage and then go for a random run...

I may take a look at that Paul Mc thing too!

• Options

GFB - I was training for an IM up until about this time last year when my knee packed up - I found I was pretty hungry and still lost weight, but past a certain point it was hard to get any more off - not sure why as I was increasing the training still.

I basically upped the carbs intake.  You'll need to sort out bike nutrition - I foudn it felt like I wasn't working that hard most of the time but still got quite "spangly headed" which I took to mean sugar depletion

• Options

I have the Paul McKenna book and CD. The advice in the book is eminently sensible (although it needs a different title!) but I’m not convinced by the “hypnosis” bit. Didn’t work for me anyway. image

Been having some thoughts on what my plan should be. This is not going to be a “diet”.

I don’t eat rubbish but I eat too much - I just love food and have the same portions as my husband who is a 5’10” bloke with an active job whereas I sit at a desk all day. I’m also aware that while I eat plenty of fruit I don’t eat enough veg – apart from spuds which don’t count.

I also eat through boredom/as an excuse for a break at work. I do try to snack on nuts and fruit but even so I’m not really hungry so it is naughty really. And if that doesn’t satisfy me I’ll go on and eat chocolate which is really dumb as it is honestly something I don’t crave and can take or leave – I prefer savoury to sweet.

My PF is playing up at the moment so I haven’t run since early December – problem is apart from walking I haven’t done much else either so I’m merely maintaining the existing lard!

I know if  I stretched more and improved my strength things would improve on the running front so why don’t I do it? image

So, the plan for me I think is:-

Smaller portions – or at least more veg on the plate and less of something else!

No more chocolate or other sugary snacks

More stretching and core stability then gradually -

More activity – running, bike, weights, walking, (dust off the exercise DVDs)

• Options
    Thanks Bear...I realise it'll not be too hard at the start because the training will be manageable.  I found the same when I was training for the marathons....it was easy to lose for a while but then I was just too hungry when the miles got big.  I'll just have to hit it hard now I guess.
  • Options

Morning folks.

At work, sadly, so not much time to read back or chat.

My morning so far:

Dragged myself out of bed at 6:15am... almost fell over the cat who was stretching and blinking into the light in utter disbelief, thinking WTF are YOU doing up at this hour....  Could have falled asleep upright at the sink with my toothbrush in my mouth!  Dragged myself to the gym for 6:30am opening...  thinking... "where is the January onslaught" everyone was on about yesterday??  There were 7 cars in the car park (most of them staff) and I could have played 5-a-side in the free-weights area!!!

Aaaaanyway....  I did:

Lat Pull Downs:
    20x20kg
    10x28kg
    8x35kg
    10x28kg
    10x28kg

Incline Dumbell Presses:
    12x5kg
    10x7kg
    10x9kg
    10x9kg

Barbell Rows:
    20x17.5kg
    20x17.5kg
    15x20kg

Press-ups:

The good news is that my mate thinks he can "beast" me back into shape in about 6 weeks!  (his choice of phrase not mine!)

Surprised myself at still being able to do 35kg lat pulldowns.  image

Picked up timetable for gym too.  Quite a lot of potential for morning training.

Feel amazingly AWAKE now.  Nice energy!

My downfall this morning:  No brekkie yet as nothing in the house.  Must shop after work.

>>awaits pat on the back from weight loss fairy<<

• Options
    Well done Nam - go out and get something for breakfast though image
  • Options
    How could you play 5 a side if there was only you there?
  • Options
    I've got about 1.5 stone to lose and a lot of toning to be getting on with. This morning started with a 6 mile run and a 6 mile bike ride to work... Followed by coffee and some heroin.
  • Options
  • Options

well done, nam - but wlf right about brekkie image

got weighed so i know where i'm starting from.

9st 3lb

that's 3lb on over christmas.

resolve strengthened image

porridge in microwave, run in 90mins image

• Options
    >>nibbles 2 slices of brown toast in the office<<  image
  • Options
    *applauds Nam for her excellent day so far*

Really bad night's sleep so only just thrown on my running stuff and just about to hear out for a run. I will have brekkie when I return (pinky promise WLF)
  • Options

This is what I want to get back to...  I used to have a really nice back...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2081/2157297471_6a27191409_m.jpg

• Options

morning image

I'm back after the christmas break... and as I seem to have doubled my body weight in the past week or so can I join in please?

• Options
    Welcome callycat image
  • Options

thanks image

I'd post a 'before' picture but I don't think that my camera has wideangle image

this is what I want to be back to....

http://photos-792.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v105/11/87/621491792/n621491792_363494_6255.jpg

depressingly it was only taken this october... but there isn't a hope in hells chance that I could fit into that dress at the moment image

• Options

I've been weighing myself everyday since the thread started, just to see fluctuations, I seem too have gained 3lbs since yesterday, lol, I think it just means I am now on the way to being properly hydratedimage

I shall walk the dog for half an hour and hoover today.

I so agree about eating too little kk, it is just a quick fix and is more likely to lead to a "binge".

While we are at it can I gripe about a personal hatred of mine,

Person A: Would you like a biscuit?

Pesron B: No thanks I'm being good.

I know its personal but it makes me want to rant and scream.  

When I was training for Beachy I toned up and ate well, I have since stopped doing both and as such have lost tone. Goodness had nothing to do with it,

It has to be a complete lifestyle change.

I could not drink for the whole of January, eat 10 servings of fruit and veg a day and walk 30-40 miles a week.

Fantastic, brillinat, I'd look and feel better, you would praise me, but unless it is sustained there is no long term health beneft.

That is my aim, long term health benefits as well as a restoration of my libido image

• Options
    Callycat, xpost, Scrabble burns lots of calories and stimulates the brain too image
  • Options
    Oooooh my fav pic CC image
  • Options

I want to get back to this.....

http://www.bofunk.com/media/images/muscle.jpg

• Options
    Ooh... Inflatable shoulders!
  • Options
    you have a favourite picture coops??? image
  • Options

I'd like to join too please.  Got more than 20lbs to lose so would appreciate all the help I can get!

Am doing FLM and really want to get into the best shape possible for that - and then keep up the fitness and not just let it slide like I have done in past years.

Am not going to go 'on a diet', just aiming to eat more healthily, cut out alcohol and train properly.  

I'm not going to make excuses to or for myself anymore!

I SAID I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE EXCUSES TO OR FOR MYSELF ANYMORE! 

Sorry about that folks - just giving myself a good kick up the @rse. Feel better now.  Have arranged to go running at 1.30pm with my sis/training partner so until then I'm off to take tree down, put dec's away and generally de-christmas my house and tidy up.

Have a good day all.

• Options

lol rehydration beebs!

and total agreement on long term changes to a healthy lifestyle rather than short term bursts.

that man is scary, please tell me it's not real image

• Options
    Erm........not in a stalking kinda way..........oh dear, what have I said!
  • Options
    Welcome to all new losers!!

I've just done a hilly 4.5 mile route - I really enjoyed it which is pleasing! Not eaten yet but just grabbed a banana to have before I shower.

Work party at one - there will be LOADS of food there so not sure how to tackle it.......advice please!! Maybe just meat/fish and salad? Maybe might have to have a little bit of her homemade coleslaw on the side. I will try to avoid the pudding table!!

Nice back Nam, nice waist too ggggrrrr I don't think I'll ever look like that!

Beautiful photo CC - you look lovely. Errrrmmmmm, you too Coops!