Options

Mick n Phil's daily blog

Comments

• Options

Heroes you are indeed.

I wrote up my FLM for the sponsors. There was not much about me, as mine was an industrial delivery of potential. Instead I wrote about the people that make the event, eg the Massai warriors and Mick n Phil Curry.

Remember this Mick. You are our heroes even on a wet Tuesday in April. EVERY DAY.

• Options

Well done on the run Tweets! 

Good to see you last weekend.

• Options

Our first run as Heroes

Tonight, all being well, we will go to the track with Stratford AC- to do a few laps, it maybe 10k it may not

then we will run the Shakespeare marathon on Sunday - they will be our first runs since London, and since becoming heroes

so, i have to go and try and be normal, etc

i'll just feel proud

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

they will be our first runs since London, and since becoming heroes

No, just your first run since being officially named heroes.  You've been heroes to a lot of people for quite a long time.

• Options
    Felt so FREE and relaxed

Hi everyone

Tonight we ran for 1 hour on the track with Stratford on Avon AC

it was fun, people said on London and the award "well done the both of you , you deserve it "

we did'nt go mad, it was our first outing since London marathon - and plus we have to prepare for this Sunday's Shakespeare marathon

But we did feel most free, away from our troubled existence of a life that we lead- as i was running,it was'nt a race, it was there for us to just do our own thing - i thought about my " Bird of prey " , that hovers above us, wings at full span, hovering just so majestically and effortlessly

it felt good, so very good, that's how it was mean't to feel -

It was only 1 hour, but it give me some ME time and gave me the " FEEL GOOD " factor again

what more can you ask for, i will now seek to run Shakespeare FM in somewhere sub 5 - i won't get compleaceant, not in the marathon
  • Options

sounds like you had a great evening mick.  it is always important to have me time.

thanks to everyone for their well dones on my run.  i also went last night and tonight.  and i am going to a running club for the first time tomorrow evening.  tracey - you have reminded me to enter BAD5, thank you.

• Options

imageSo when were you turned into little chocolate bars then Mick ?  ... Oh sorry you didn't mean those sort of heroes did you image

Glad you are still enjoying the experience.

Now you are proper celebrities like, can we expect to see you in the Big Brother house or in Strictly Come Dancing  - the dance partner would have to sit on Phil's lap while you pushed them around the floor

• Options

BTB

you always was a pure gent !!image

• Options
    everyone from luton is pure class.  of course, i can only speak for myself and brooks, as for the rest of the chavs........
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Good luck tonight Tweety. What running club are you going to?
  • Options
    A badish day made BETTER

I have'nt had the greatest of days today -

i spent 2 hours with our solicitor - dealing with Phillip's illness and the NHS and SSD lack of provision of care

That just about did us in a left me with a heavy head -

plus mentally trying to prepare for Sundays ( Home soil ) Shakespeare Marathon

then i got told " Mick , look at this "

i thought OH WOW WOW WOW -

Link (roll over me to see where I go)

Left me in years for a few minutes, but i've come around a little now

tearfully proud - THANKS to all of you
  • Options
    I really am just still so really amazed - just cannot believe any of this

we've done so much and achieved so much

much more than just running

The lakeland fells at Summer camp- the safer lower paths - how we conquered it all

Hours and hours of walking and running in terrential rain and heat - sometimes having to carry Phillip, his wheelchair, and heavy rucksack

But it was all worth it in the end- and plenty more to come
  • Options

you continue to astound me with your determination mick.

at last, you and phil take your rightful place on the home page!

((mick, phil & mrs mick))

• Options

EASY, EASY, EASY =  HEROES, HEROES, HEROES!

Keep going Mick n Phil and you may find yourself in front of the Queen one day with a different kind of medal in your hands.

• Options

I am proud to tell you all that -

We are going to help South Warwickshire Carers Service - with their newsletter to feature us, and hoping it will inspire some one to help them re -seek and re- build their lives

we can only try  -

How wonderful it would be if some one in simular circumstances ran with us one day - now, that would be something, we would race, we 'd just concentrate on getting them from start to finish

But there's just so much in the great out-doors people can do,  

• Options

that's amazing mick - what a wonderful gesture.

you are leading very much by a fine example image

• Options

How wonderful it would be if some one in simular circumstances ran with us one day - now, that would be something, we would race, we 'd just concentrate on getting them from start to finish

Sorry folkes

it WAS mean't to read -

How wonderful it would be if some one in simular circumstances ran with us one day - now, that would be something, we would NOT  race, we 'd just concentrate on getting them from start to finish

Phil and i , we can race almost at our leisure and choice really,  Helping give someone else a feeling of a new way of life and achievement would be much more desireable 

• Options

i know you get an amazing kick out of what you do mick and being able to see that in someone else is going to give you even more of a buzz i am sure.  don't worry.

((mick, phil & mrs mick))

• Options

Good Luck Sunday you Guys...and remember

EASY EASY EASY

3:30

• Options
    Piss me off day altogether

I guys

what a piss me off bloody day i've had-

can't wait to go to bed-
    i'll get to Shakespeare marathon Sunday ( 2 miles down road ) and kick almighty arse i can tell you
  • Options

Hey Mick n Phil,

Just wanted to say how much I've been inspired by you two.  If I ever feel down I just have to think about you both and all your achievements against the odds to help pick myself up again.  You are an inspiration and are the definition of what life is about - for living and achieving what you can no matter how hard it may seem.

Thank you so much and congratulations on the London Marathon!

Katie xx

• Options
    Our 29 th Full Marathon

Sunday 27 April- we celebrated 6 years together on the road-

It was our 29 th Full marathon, - 280 th race in total

What a 6 years it's been - conqueing races all over the UK

what a month of April 2008 it's been- one to remember with much pride and joy -

April 10 - ( Winners of Runners World ) Jane Tomlinson Inspiration Awards ( UK Heroes of Running )

April 11 - phone call from Flora London Marathon - giving us just 36 hours notice to get there to compete, what a day it was - i shall remember it for the REST of my LIFE

Then of course

April 27- Shakespeare Marathon - in 5.01 - our day to remember proudly in style of 6 years together on the road, we conquered Britain proudly

The organisers gave us a send off to be proud of, though sadly we never lived up to our expectations- the road was hard and long, and it gone harder - we clocked an ok 5 hours 1 minute

i was in desperate trouble fluid wise, could'nt get the fluid fast enough, i'm sure my levels dropped

I really knew from 6 miles on wards that it was going to be a long haul - needing me to dig fairly deep in to my physcologial stamina box - though we survived - proudly suvived - it was our 4 th Full marathon this year

But the support from fellow runners and spectators was simply fantastic

Just goes to show, what i've always said, and i'll always maintain- there's no room for complecancy in the marathon

we are very happy, but i'm also extremely sore and tired - Phillip really did feel top heavy - there was and is no getting away from it

Even with all my vast experience and skill - it was a battle,

But having said that- Like Draycote it can do you good

I'll rest now with Half Marathons and 10k's for a while

• Options
    Sore and tired today

Today i'm pretty sore and tired

may go to track tonight with Straford AC ( only to walk and stretch )

as maintain what i say - physcological mental stamina is so vital
    but, we'll survive /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]howGlossaryDefinition('LOL');]LOL
  • Options

Don't take the pi$$ Mick, I ran my first Mara in 5.02 and I wasn't pushing Phil!

It's been a big month, nay six weeks, take some downtime..........

• Options
    60 Minutes on the track

Hi everyone

Today i had a little think to myself - we've achieved a lot, and i was tired and sore from Shakespeare marathon yesterday - so in actual fact, i had not planned on running again until next Sunday's Exeter GWR HM - and of course we have Silverstone 10k next Tuesday and DK 10k next Wednesday

but during a quiet day today, doing what i had to do, i was sitting have coffee and biscuits and reading teletext and the post arrived - in the post was our June's Runners World - wondering what the Awards write up would be like, i studied it all, and to my amazement we also had a picture on page 5 - then i read the awards section

i then thought of stratford AC on the track tonight, but i'm too sore i thought - and cannot go next week, as Phillp's in respite next week, only coming out for the evening races then going back

so, my mind went to relaxing, and motivation, and continuing my never ending stamina belief and exercise, even if it's only in my mind - myself having some cool air and just doing our own thing
    ( And not Racing ) - so, to the track we went - we had 60 minutes on it, only we walked around and around, and NOT run , as we did so we were watching the others run - we gazed at the clouds, listened to the birds felt the fresh evening breeze

we did'nt have to run to enjoy ourselves, we had a perfect walk - it would keep me physchologically motivated, it would loosen me up, and stretch my muscles - it would make me feel good

let's face it, this is all about feeling good, dominating the face of our daily problems that are put in front of us

so, it was just 60 minutes walking on a 400 metre track - but it kept me sane, kept me alive, it gave me so much total satisafaction

i cannot ask for anymore than that !!
  • Options
    Talk about feeling Knackered

i don't know - talk about feeling knack - are - did

if i was a jigsaw or i'd probably fall apart !! /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]howGlossaryDefinition('LOL');]LOL /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]howGlossaryDefinition('ROFL');]ROFL LMAO
  • Options
    patrunnerpatrunner ✭✭✭

Just got Runners World and saw you two in it congratulations you deserve it saw you at Freckleton last year and had a chat and got nice e-mail from you after you deserve the accolade good on you lads

• Options

loved your '60 minutes on the track' post, mick.

you're so strong mentally as well as physically.

i thought of you at stratford on sunday when i realised at about 12miles (when the demons started chattering in my brain) what a mental battle it was going to be and how you've often posted just that. i think if i hadn't read your words about the mental side of it i might have given in, but knowing that it was 'normal' and there to be fought really helped. 

thank you image

• Options

Mick - got my copy of Runner's World yesterday.  Seeing the photo of you and Phil in the Heroes of Running section made me well up.

Brilliant - you thoroughly deserve to be heroes!

Great post about 60 minutes on the track.  Really made me smile.image

Love to you, Phil and Mrs Mick

LP xx