Options

Strictly Come Dancing

Comments

• Options

Only saw the results show this weekend. I know I didn't see much of it but I didn't think Cherie was that good. The right girl went in the end though, a shame as she really seemed to enjoy herself.

Looking forward to the boys and girls together next weekend.

Podds - yes that was us at the Thanet half a few years back. We still have Gorgeous Gordon. His Royal Dogness is nearly 9 now, so a bit greyer than when you met him. I can't resist a greyhound either. I've even stopped mid-race to stroke one!

• Options
    image completely know where you're coming from FS
  • Options

Favourite dance for me was Cherie&James it seemed to have more emotion than the others and she had v. good lines. What an amazing pair of legs! I thought the judges were pretty harsh to the other dancers though. I didn't think Jodie, Heather or Christine's routines were all that bad.

Agree about the remarks over Jessie's dress - it was awful. I'm sure if they'd given her a more structured dress with a back her posture would have looked much better. Still I think she was the right one to go as she made lots of mistakes. I really felt for her though as I'm sure if I ever did this I'd be just like her - lots of enthusiasm but not much talent!

12 dances next week - super exciting. image

PS: Did Ian snog Jodie at the end of their dance?!? image

• Options

glad to see the back of Jessie...nothing to with dancing, irrational i know. it's just that she lives around here and she's notorious for strutting around acting the big "I Am"...so good riddance

PS i thought Ian snogged Jodie too....lucky buggerimage

• Options
    oo-err, I thought he wasn't that way inclined!
  • Options
    maybe he turned her around and pretended she was a he...if you get my driftimage
  • Options

Tut Tut at last few comments image,

Well done joe public, right  one out this week , no sympathy vote this time, think Len was just being kind with his comments to Jessie at end.

Like others on here not totally happy with Sunday result show, get a bit fed up going over stuff already seen on saturday,think i just watch final 20 mins in future.

Roll on next Saturday

• Options

Sunday results show is good if you've missed Saturday and want to catch up but otherwise I only ever watch the last 15 minutes of it.

• Options

Hi guys

I managed to see most of the weekends entertainment - I missed the men's group dance on Saturday though - how did that go? Was Mark any better? how's John getting on?

I'm really not keen on the rhumba (spelling?) - I find it cringingly embarrasing, but lucky old Jodie image

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Hi all, thanks for all the insider views!

I have watched all the dances on youtube and BBC so have a bit of an idea about it all, saw the mens dance and it looked a bit erratic, I thought it was youtube, didn't realise it was like that in real life!! image

I think I am going off Cherie, no reason at all, just feel all the hype about her is getting on my nerves, (and I did notice the keep dancing bit, which made me wonder?) She is elegant, but I still want to see her in a quick jive type routine to see what she's like at that. Jessie's dress? image Poor girl is a bit solid around the middle and they put her in a bloody monstrosity like that??

Jodie and Ian did look rather close, wouldn't it be cool if they got together!! image

Well, tropical type rain and thunder here in Houston at the moment, we went down to Galveston at the weekend, where Hurricane Ike hit land; wow, what devastation.

Keep up the news folks image Thanks!

One of the boys out this weekend?? Mark or Andrew?
  • Options

Claudia watch 3.

last night she was wearing what looked like a pair of black tights..

she looked like Blackadderimage

• Options

BOING! image

Anyone got any ideas on who's going this week?

Mark has a nice shimmy but it might not be enough to save him image

I think John and Andrew will both struggle with the samba as well.

Claudia watch 4: wearing a nice black lacy dress yesterday. Len did the American Smooth in the Masterclass but sadly didn't do any lifts. Most important question is who is going to do the last dance on Friday's ITT? It's been a bit of a curse so far, let's hope it isn't Mark and Hayley this week!

Keep dancing image

• Options

I think John's samba will be interesting! and he will be safe as the viewers love him as he's having so much fun.

Bottom two ? oooh it's a toughie. Mark and Heather  - as I don't think either of them have a large viewers vote.  There aren't any really *bad* dancers this year (a la F Phillips, etc) are there ?

• Options
    I agree - Mark and Heather, and possible Jodie or Don too - all contenders to be in the bottom 2. image
  • Options

I suspect Mark's pecs might save him with the viewers!

Think I'm going for Don and Heather in the bottom two.

• Options
    They'll save him with me if it comes to it  image
  • Options

So who's for the high jump tomorrow?

I thought the judges were pretty tough on Mark - they wanted him to let go and act and feel it and when he did they slammed in for it!  John wasn't great but you couldn't want him to go.....Andrew perhaps? but then he has the GMTV fan base and dog knows they kept Fiona and Kate in long enough in previous series...

So perhaps Don or Heather?  Didn't see all the dances in full as didn't get back until 7.25 mind you so may be judging unfairly from what I did see

• Options

I think that Mark and Andrew should be in the bottom two.  Mark's only redeeming feature was his shirt, he danced like a piece of cardboard.  Andrew just seems to have no rhythm to me.  I would justify keeping John in because his endearing personality makes me want him to stay and he does seem to have some sense of rhythm, he just can't do latin.

That shirt was really quite something though. image

• Options
    Andrew or Mark to go. Felt bored by Heather and Cheri. John is just entertaining.  Austin is just gorgeous
  • Options
    I feel that Heather doesn't care....she got the "Queen of Samba" or whatever that first time round and now she's not maintaining that she seems to have lost interest.  When they were doing the results thing in a previous programme her face had no expression at all even when she was kept in.....maybe she's just a good poker player!
  • Options

Andrew

for nearly dropping Ola

git

• Options

got that wrong, didn't I?

presumably the voting public didn't want to put Ola in peril again in a dance off

but Lillia's gone...

• Options

Haven't seen yesterday's show yet but really sad to see Don go.  He danced better than Heather tonight.  She made at least two errors. 

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭

John, Andrew and Mark should go first on dancing ability so I feel for Don going - he should be in for at least 3 more weeks ...

• Options

I think Mark and Andrew should really have been in the dance off. Mark's samba was the scariest thing I've ever seen - had to watch it with my hands over my eyes. I think the only thing that saved him was the shirt! Andrew was worse though as he had the easier dance but completely stuffed it up. I bet Ola's life flashed before her eyes on that last lift.

Although John's dance wasn't really a samba it had a charm of its own and his personality shines through. Sorry to see Don go as he was better than a lot of them, nice to see him being lifted up at the end.

Best dance for me was Rachel and Vincent - I didn't see the mistakes and I thought they had a real party atmosphere. Didn't rate Lisa and Brendan's dance, I thought they stuffed up the last lift but what do I know?

Looking forward to the paso!

• Options
    andrew castle is a boring pillock who has had a sense of humour bypass. can't stand him on GMTV and i wonder what the hell he's still doing on the show! oh i know it's because he dancing with Ola...if she goes what else do the red blooded males have to stare atimage
  • Options

Was sorry to see Don go. I thought they would choose Heather to go as I couldn't see any improvement at all in the Dance Off.

That shirt of Mark's was a bit too much. I like a flash of nice chest but please! Maybe I just don't go for that over developed thing.

While we were watching last night, hubby decided that Austin looks like the love child of Ant and Dec.

• Options

That's very true, FS - he does have a weird forehead...

Agree with you re. Mark's shirt, nice to leave something to the imagination image

• Options
    I voted for John - but only to keep Kristina in the competition.image
  • Options

Apologies if this joke has been made before in this thread.

But does this smilie remind anybody else of Claudia Winklemen?