Options

Crap at relationships

Comments

• Options
    image  Off course you can. That way when one is run down the other can help? image
  • Options
    DRS is a distant memory sadly image I'm hoping one day soon to experience it again, but who knows....

*crosses fingers & toes in case it might help* image

Oh and no, I don't mean battery operated. Too noisy if you have flatmates. Apparently....
  • Options
    Lee the Pea wrote (see)
    who knows.... *crosses fingers & toes in case it might help*

Don't remember that being mentioned in the Karma Sutra but if it adds to the occasion .....

• Options
    Crossing your legs wont help !
  • Options
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Crossing your legs wont help !
    image Depends what you cross then around dave. image
  • Options
    *pst, any tips on making he above reality would be useful* image
  • Options
    Apparently 65% of women own a vibrator. The other 35% are lying about it.image
  • Options
    Anyway..... Mr LB is back tonight! image
  • Options
    Just for the record... DRS is nothing to do with battery powered devices and is everything to do with just going at it like, erm, a rabbit.

With another person present.image
  • Options
    Nothing to do with Dirty Rabbi Sex also.
  • Options

Ooh sex with a rabbi.....image

They are missing a bit, aren't they? Wonder what that's like?image

• Options

We'll not be seeing much of you on here this weekend then LB imageimage

Right, I'll chuck this one into the mix .... came from a conversation we were having at work today ... can  a relationship work if there is no real sexual spark between you but you really like each other?  The sex is there, meets a need but hasn't been anywhere near DRS stylee but you basically get on very well ... and I'm talking starting that way not growing that way over time.

My answer was a definite no but I was in a minority.

• Options

I think I'm with you TP.

I'd go with the spark. Sex just "being there" wouldn't be enough for me.

• Options
    Surprisingly enough, I'd put sexual 'WOW! factor about halfway down my list now; I mean it would be nice, but not absolutely essential- I've been in a LTR where the sex was bloody magnificent... just about everything else was wrong though.

The aforementioned person nearly always made the first move... usually as I was literally at the front gate after coming home! And by jaysus she was a sexy looking girl... she also had a mind like a sewer - it takes a lot to shock me but she managed it quite regularly. I saw her about a year ago after a gap of 6 years and she still looks fantastic.

(I think I lost about 2 stone in the 18 months we were together)
  • Options
    That does surprise me a bit Corrie. 
  • Options
    Tickled Pink wrote (see)

can  a relationship work if there is no real sexual spark between you but you really like each other?  The sex is there, meets a need but hasn't been anywhere near DRS stylee but you basically get on very well ... and I'm talking starting that way not growing that way over time.

What's going to happen when one of you meets someone that DOES create a sexual spark? It's going to be very difficult. For that reason, i think it's a No.
  • Options

Looks fade though. 

For me it's not looks, although I do fancy the OH hugely, but even if I didn't then the person inside would do the trick coupled with....  Oh feck this may be TMI but somehow something just physically works I have no idea why, but unlike with the ex my mind doesn't wander, and the oohs and ahs are real

• Options
    gotta have a sexual attraction for me. If not, I would stray but feel bad about letting the other partner downimage Aint good place IME
  • Options

Well, he is a big chap, Hash

• Options
    I don't think looks have that much to do with a sexual spark ... it's more some sort of chemistry which is between you ... you can just kind of feel it ... and it's either there or it isn't.  I don't think it can grow over time.  It's either there or it isn't.
  • Options
    Tickled Pink wrote (see)
    I don't think looks have that much to do with a sexual spark ... it's more some sort of chemistry which is between you ... you can just kind of feel it ... and it's either there or it isn't.  I don't think it can grow over time.  It's either there or it isn't.

I totally agree.  You know pretty much immediately if the potential is there, or if it isn't.

And while you could live comfortably with someone when it wasn't there, being friends and everything, and even having "ho hum" sex, once somebody turned up who DID create that spark, you'd be in trouble.

• Options

What TP said

I still say that looks lose their effect.  After six months you look at the person you're with and see who they really are, and after you get off the initial rollercoaster there's either something there or there isn't, no matter how much you like them.

The ex was, from a looks point of view, really attractive.  I once said what sounded to him like "bollocks" at a crucial moment.  Actually it was "hollyhocks" as I was thinking about what would look right in a corner of the garden.  To this day, thankfully, he never knew.image

• Options
    That sounds reasonable enough TP/MF...

Enough about theory, I'm off out to the 'Sex in the City' Zone to carry out some practicals..

• Options
    We await your report...
  • Options
    Steer clear of the dialogue on particle physics and you'll definitely be in with a better chance image
  • Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

Ooh sex with a rabbi.....image

They are missing a bit, aren't they? Wonder what that's like?image

I went out with someone who was missing it for 2 years from the age of 19.  I thought it was great - we had DRS v v frequently right until we split up. image
    Tickled Pink wrote (see)

We'll not be seeing much of you on here this weekend then LB imageimage

Right, I'll chuck this one into the mix .... came from a conversation we were having at work today ... can  a relationship work if there is no real sexual spark between you but you really like each other?  The sex is there, meets a need but hasn't been anywhere near DRS stylee but you basically get on very well ... and I'm talking starting that way not growing that way over time.

My answer was a definite no but I was in a minority.

I would say no too TP.  I'm wondering if I'm a bit of an incurable romantic tho' and can I ever get both?  I was chatting to a male friend recently and he said what Corinth said about the spark being halfway down his list.  Perhaps he's more of a realist than me.

In terms of looks, I need to be attracted to someone physically - they wouldn't normally grow on me, but I do prefer men who are sexy rather than stereotypically good-looking.  I tend to prefer the rough around the edges smiley, twinkly, imperfect specimen to the chiselled cheekbone, tall, dark handsome stereotype.  *Laughs at the thought that I would have a choice between the 2 anyway* image

Sexiness, often something you can't quite put your finger on image, tends to be longer-lasting than looks which can and do fade.

• Options
    Would you like to see my large Hadron???
  • Options

image Yes

Get your Hadron out for the girls then Corrie image