Options

Crap at relationships

Comments

• Options
    It's too easy to over think.  Just go on the next date with an open mind and you'll have a much better idea after that.  If all else fails, turn up naked and bring beer.  That usually does it for us chaps image
  • Options

oh? is that all that is required? god ive been trying much too hard then havnt i? lolimage,madameo, buy him a uniform of your choice. personally i like police uniforms..and firefighters...and soldiers...and er i'll stop ..image

• Options
    Madame O my OH and I were mates before I realised I actually fancied him...  Then the worry about whether he's actually flirting with me or am I seeing things... am I misinterpreting his kind offer to drive 160 miles to fix my car - maybe he's just being friendly and helpful and I'm going to make a complete tit of myself etc etc...  I'm so glad I took the risk.  Best thing I ever did.  image  Funny thing was he had the same thoughts at the time, the "is it just banter or am I seeing things" kind of quandry.  LOL
  • Options
    MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Hahaha, I'm not really into uniforms! But yes, it's easy to overthink, especially when it's a way of life in general.

Sound advice though BDB, thanks for the male perspective. Although he doesn't really drink beer. Will vodka do instead?

• Options
    MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭
    LOL Nam image Glad it's not just me!!
  • Options
    Thanks Corinth. I know this is public, but to be honest I'm not worried about people reading what I wrote; I wouldn't put anything up here that I really wouldn't want anyone to read. Mind you, it is easy to forget sometimes that anyone in the world could read all the crap we spout on here! Hahaha. Sorry the potentially fantastic relationship didn't work out... I do have some good friends from here that I talk to off-line too, so it is all good image

Glad the date went well MadameO image I too am a terrible over thinker when it comes to blokeys, but as everyone says, just chalk it up as a first date success, and since he said he wants to do it again, you can relax about that, and just enjoy the next one image And remember, if you can't be good, be careful! image Hee hee hee
  • Options
    Nam wrote (see)
    Madame O my OH and I were mates before I realised I actually fancied him...  Then the worry about whether he's actually flirting with me or am I seeing things... am I misinterpreting his kind offer to drive 160 miles to fix my car - maybe he's just being friendly and helpful and I'm going to make a complete tit of myself etc etc...  I'm so glad I took the risk.  Best thing I ever did.  image  Funny thing was he had the same thoughts at the time, the "is it just banter or am I seeing things" kind of quandry.  LOL

Yep.  You've met my mate who I kept trying to fix up with all my single women friends Namimage

Sounds good Madame O

Lee, if anyone's sad enough to read and remember the drivel I posted on here, all I can say to them is get a shed image

• Options

I think most drinks would work Madame, provided the first bit is followed correctly.

The friends first thing can always be tricky.  My last girlfriend was a friend first.  We did start to flirt a bit by text and when we saw each other.  I did the "is she really flirting?" thing, as, it transpires was she.  We ended up having a boozy lunch and things kind of went from there, but that was full of mind traps too.  

Funny things are people.

• Options

You could always say "oh for God's sake are you going to kiss me or what"?

That's how I got Mr LB......image

• Options

He's now realised his mistake and is escaping to London image

• Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

You could always say "oh for God's sake are you going to kiss me or what"?

LOL I didn't ask first - I just pounced.  I thought if he gives me a slap and runs away it's bad news...  He didn't.  image
  • Options
    MadameO wrote (see)

WELL.

Date was good. I like him, as in *like* him. But not sure if he feels the same... it's hard to tell at this stage, although he says he wants to do it again so there's a chance he does.

I hate this bit. All the anxiety and 'what if's... part of me is excited that I've met someone I'm attracted to, but the other side is scared of getting hurt.

Don't worry what happens happens just relax and chill. Hear listen to some NIN.
    Nam wrote (see)
    image We've had this conversation before Nam. Some of us had you two worked out within 5 minutes. Get on with it please. I want a new hat thankyou. image
    Hashette wrote (see)

Yep.  You've met my mate who I kept trying to fix up with all my single women friends Namimage

image That actually sounds like one of my best mates. Your friend isn't does work for Lion books do they? I find it quite scary. image
  • Options
    Mind boggles at what kind of literature Loin Books would publish!

(Sorry, Cake)
  • Options
    Hahaha Frodo. I could do with some of that literature, seeing as i'm not getting any dirty rabbit sex at the moment imageimage

Yeah Nam, wot Cakey said. I don't suit hats, but I would like to get the chance to buy one please!
  • Options
    was 'loin' an intentional mispell of 'lion' - suppose it should be as we are on dirtymind track of sex-again....
  • Options

Pleased to hear that the date went well Madame O, I had been wondering.  I'm right with you on the over analysis of subsequent texts etc. but assume the 'what will be, will be' philosophy and it may well be pretty darn good image

I'm thinking Loin books would always be hardback? image

• Options
    image Dyslexic motherfunker I edited it through. image
  • Options
  • Options
    Hashette wrote (see)

Lee, if anyone's sad enough to read and remember the drivel I posted on here, all I can say to them is get a shed image

Don't waste time counting your chickens, go and shed some pounds Hash! image
  • Options

Do you think there might be people on here who know your world famous shed story Hash?image

And no, they don't need to know about my supermarket <ahem> incident in retaliation image

• Options
    image I don't know the supermarket story? Is it sharetime?image
  • Options

LOL Cake & Pea.  Yes I needed rather a lot of reassurance didn't I.  Poor Rio and Sprocket got it as well, all this "shall I shant I"... Teehee...  Even when I met his parents again his mum elbowed his dad and squealed "You see I TOLD you its the girl from Switzerland!" image

Seems like everyone had it sussed well before us!

• Options
    Tickled Pink wrote (see)

Do you think there might be people on here who know your world famous shed story Hash?image

And no, they don't need to know about my supermarket <ahem> incident in retaliation image

*settles down with popcorn* image
  • Options
    Tickled Pink wrote (see)

Err ... do you think there might be people on here who don't know about the World-famous shed story?  Unlikely.  image

*Settles next to Nam and helps self to popcorn*

• Options

I don't know either story.

*helps himself to s some of Nam's popcorn and offers chocolate brazils in exchange*

• Options
    Nicko. wrote (see)

He's now realised his mistake and is escaping to London image

Thank you for pointing that out Nicko! image

*gimme that popcorn and keep those nuts WELL away from me*

• Options
    *Nudges everyone up on the sofa and starts helping self to the good stuff*
  • Options

I have told the story in the Kitchen and in the Runners Arms, I can't believe you've not heard that one BDB. 

It's more image than image whereas Hash's is definitely more imageimage

Put your popcorn away and move on, there's nothing to see ....

• Options
    Spill the beans TP ....  image  You can't tease us like that.   Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease