Options

RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Options
    KFC- that's a smashing YKW!image

FRC- hope you feel better, take it easy if needed.

Simon- lol, I really don't wish any natural disasters on San Sebastian, it's a lovely place but someone should probably warn the residents... Flying with cheap airlines this time, no chance for extra leg spaceimage

Spoons- yup it looks fast, the cut off is 4:30.

O4S- I won't be doing it next year.

6m done in Central Park with Mr B so ended up being rather swift, I had to keep up.
  • Options

KFC -  Nice racing.

Brol -  When I saw the 25th I quickly thought you were doing Florence and we would be running the same next 3 maras. Good news on getting another one entered just keep the running ticking over for the next three weeks.

Day trip to Blackpool went OK yesterday, attempted to drive through the illuminations before coming home but after only moving about half mile in 45 mins gave up. It's currenlty peeing it down in Swindon and I've got the snuffles so planned 13 miler might have to be 21k on the treadmill. 

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Enjoyed Skyfall sat night

Barry- enjoy your TM session

Bro- bet that park run was a surreal experience. I guess you'll have to start training again for the latest marathon you've sorted out .

Ykw- nice fast run

Cooks- not another taper- I'm exhausted going through them by proxy

FRC- sorry to see you not 100%. I think I've still got the remains of the lurgy that afflicted me earlier this week. Still hope to see you at Lancaster. I've decided to give it a go though I'm not expecting anything great on my part.

DD- that must have been the first 20 miler for a long time. Good pace too

Minni - are you bored yet after the TM. You must be due to put your racing shoes back on
  • Options

Morning all

KFC - speedy YKW

Pub lunch for me today, but no beer as I'll be running afterwards.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Nice one KFC.

I did 12 miles out in the hills yesterday. Nice and easy and I walked the steepest hills. Next race 2 weeks today - 10 miler.

I partied last night and I'm scared to get out of bed. There's a cross country on today which I was all for doing last night but luckily I'd also promised Master Minni that I'd watch his rugby.
  • Options

KFC: Nice running, you really should find a triple tri to try, organised chaos

2OLD Indeed that was the first 20 miler since Outlaw in July which was in itself the first 20 mile run since January! 

Minni:Stay in bed then.

Splashed at lunch, maybe a wee trot tonight, maybe not.

• Options

(((Bro)))   still gutted for you. Honestly, why tell all and sundry that not matter what the race will go ahead when lo and behold they cancel at the last minute image. Everybody would have understood if they said on Monday/Tuesday sorry guys, we have to cancel. So glad you found another race not too far out. I started looking for something over this end but there was nothing suitable image

KFC: nice YKW.

FRC: sorry you are feeling lousy. Better to can it then. Get well.

Minni: smart move image

Spent the day in town yesterday with some early xmas shopping and then watched Skyfall which I really enjoyed. Thought it was the best Bond movie to date. Luckily we have a big cinema in Hamburg that screens all movies in their original language. I can't be doing with dodgy dubbing and all the jokes fall pretty flat too. Most surreal moment of the day: there was a preview of The Hobbit and Frodo is played by Tim from The Office image

• Options

Morning all,

Bro - glad you have another marathon sorted.

KFC - excellent running!

There's a surprise Minni - you partying on a Saturday night, lol!

Don't really 'do' James Bond film, but keep hearing positive things about Skyfall, so might add it to the to do list.

Feeling much more positive about running, post doctors.  Did 2 miles slow Wednesday, 3 miles off road and proper muddy yesterday and completely loved it! The knee has been behaving, o.h has got all the paper work for me to join his gym, stregthening and spin classes are the way forward for strong glutes me thinks image

Grim ole day out there, surface flooding there has been that much rain, a local 10km this morning, so glad not to be running it!

• Options

Pissing down here and I haven't yet ran image

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Lancaster HM went pretty well. Garmin time 1.28.28 so if that's correct that's another pb this year beating my 2008 HM pb by about 15secs . Well worth turning up. I don't know if FRC made it. Hope so.
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    That's brilliant 2old. Very well done.

And nice positive news from you too Kiwi.

I'm not a massive Bond fan but loved Skyfall.

Made it to the rugby but feeling as sick as a dog.

It's a glorious day here.
  • Options
    Superb time 2old.

No, I didn't make it to the race.

Tried a few half m intervals with club yesterday and felt off, running at "max" and 15 secs off my normal splits. Tired after too.

Felt okay during the night but kidney pains when I got up, stomach feels like I've been punched a few times. Really knotted up, so only sensible decision taken. Still gutted, first DNS for me. image

In comparison to (((Brol))), at least I had the choice. Hope you are okay, having a good time.
  • Options

2old -   Great racing, congrats on the PB.

Kiwi - Good news on your injury.

FRC -  Better DNS than DNF, wise decision.

21k on the tready this morning, my first ever double today. My shifts have changed to 3 shifts for the next 5 months, adding a night shift, which start tonight so I'm going to do a slow run to work(just over 3) and run home in the morning adding mileage where I need to.  I think it's the only way I'll get the mileage in on nights.

• Options

2old you are a machine running a new PB so soon after you stormed your marathon, massive well done image

Great work at your YKW yesterday kfc, hope you enjoyed the black tie do.

Glad you're sorted out with another marathon Bro, enjoy the 20 miles in New York.

Had a mild hangover today that I didn't really feel until I was running! I only had half a bottle of wine and a few beers last night, I'm really turning into a lightweight. 13 miles done today in thick fog.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Carrot - do you fancy a trip to Newcastle on 24th November for a 5 mile race?

• Options

Apparently quite a lot of runners have been running chunks of the NY route, and there's also a 26.2 mile run going on around laps of Central Park. photo Personally I'd save the training for something official, so glad you've managed to get another race booked Brol.

So much to read back on, but I think I've caught up now. Lots of amazing performances and the inaugural SHIT prize given to a well-deserved runner. Sorry to read Chicago didn't go to plan Becs.

So, I did my first pain-free, walk-free run yesterday. Very pleased to finally be able to say that. It's taken longer than I thought it would when I resumed the running so I'm not feeling optimistic about Brighton but I'll take a view at Christmas. I'll get myself signed up to a spring half anyway so I have a realistic goal to focus on. Can't believe Berlin sold out so quickly. I'm still not chancing two running days in a row, so I had a lovely steamy swim in the rain earlier.

• Options
    What time is it Minni? We'll be going to the match on the afternoon to watch Sunderland get a good shafting again (1:30 kick off) I've not run a 5 mile race in AGES, I think my PB for 5 miles is 39:55 so a bit out of date image

Weeble that's brilliant news, I hope this means you're on the way back image
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Damn, its 2pm Carrot.

Great news Weeble.  I hope Brol has teamed up with some of those Central Park runners today.

• Options
    Weeble - Glad to hear your pain free at last.

Kiwi - Good news on your injury also.

2old - Awesome new Pb, still getting faster even thou older.

FRC - Wise choice, you won't have gained anything by doing it today!

Carot - Go do the race with Minni. After all, you can watch your team get stuffed any w/end (smiley face).
  • Options

Great time 2old, especially so soon after your marathon... don't know how you do it?

7.39 miles @ 8.19 min/mi for me today and it was like MKM all over again... blowing a gale and pissing down!image However there was at least one lunatic out running in it, grinning like a Cheshire cat!!! No calf pain, only a little bit sore now.imageimageimage

• Options

((((Bro)))) gutted for you after all those ups and downs. You so deserve a good marathon. I'm glad you've found another one fairly soon.

2Old, PB image. It's funny how sometimes it doesn't feel like you're going to have a good day beforehand and then it comes together in the race.

FRC, sounds like a wise decision and hope you're feeling better soon.

Great news Weeble, so good to hear you're running again without pain. image

Also good to hear you sounding positive about your knee Kiwi.

Minni, hope the fresh air cleared the hangover.

A bit of cycling this week and no problems with the knee, but after a walk yesterday I'm back in pain again. Tight ITB and glutes so need to spend more time on my foam roller, as I'm not rollering anywhere near as much since the marathon. Plan to do more cycling this week and maybe try a short run as a couple of weeks ago running was okay although walking wasn't.

• Options

KFC - great to hear from you again, you are obviously on the come-back trail big time

Weeble - good news, take it easy

2Old - great time, I'm well impressed

Barry B - nothing wrong with a DNF is the company is good image

Take you pick of 3 inches of snow or flooding here - depended what direction we headed out on our run!  We settled for the waterlogged roads - over the tops of our shoes in places, but a nice steady 10 miles after 7 yesterday and 5 on Friday.  All part of the plan to get BA back into running gently.  Did 9mm and he didn't actually moan once, which either means he has died without me noticing or his cold has improved [I came back from TM to find him laid low with incipient man-flu, which he blamed on his flu jab rather than me]

• Options

Weeble - brilliant news

2old - awesome PB

I did my run in the dark and managed to avoid the rain.

• Options
    Weeble- yay at last!image

2Old- get in, brilliant time!

Surreal 20m in Central Park this morning with hundreds if not thousands of runnersimage Trying to figure out how to fit in my training next week and not get divorced in the process... Mr B's patience is being tested...
  • Options

Bro - Well done for getting the 20 done, and i'm sure that Mr B will understand, given the circumstances.image 

Was there anyone acting as marshalls or was it a bit of a free for all? 

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Bro - that sound great (in a frustrating way). Good luck with keeping Mr B happy - its often the hardest part of training.

I'm going back to 5:30am running, starting tomorrow, for that very reason.

Oompa - yipeeeee! You is coming back!
  • Options

Weeble - excellent news image

2old - a pb, fantastic + well done!

Bro - well done on getting those 20 miles done.

Barry - how did you find the double? I don't envy you your shift work, hope you still manage to fit in your desired running.

Have booked 2 spin sessions at the gym next week, wondering how bad the doms will be as one is on Thurs and the other on Saturday, gulp! No pain, no gain I guessimage

• Options
    Oompa- total free for allimage
  • Options

Gah - what a nightmare about NY Bro. Hope you manage to smash San Sebastian

2old - well done on the PB, looks pretty swift.

I seem to have spent most of this week pissed. 3 nights out. Eeek. Also managed to pick up a slight calf problem after my run on Wednesday, but a bit of serious rollering a rest seems to have stopped it in its tracks. I got 11 miles in today with no probs.

• Options
    Btw I thought I'd just let you all know, up in the North West, it's been a glorious sunny perfect autumnal day. Great running weather if a bit nippy. Snow, floods, wind, I think you're all making it up...lol