Options

Fatman to Ironman

Comments

• Options

Plinsky, I'm following the competitive plan (almost).

Andy & Cat, I'm not a massive fan of turbo, but if I'm just up for an hour's ride and it's raining, you can put an hour on top of that with getting ready and cleaning bike etc afterwards!  2 hour Saturday turbo was just fecking lazy, though.  

• Options
    DimTimTris wrote (see)

Plinsky, I'm following the competitive plan (almost).

Andy & Cat, I'm not a massive fan of turbo, but if I'm just up for an hour's ride and it's raining, you can put an hour on top of that with getting ready and cleaning bike etc afterwards!  2 hour Saturday turbo was just fecking lazy, though.  

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big fan of the turbo; I've ridden outside some 8 times this year, and 3 of those were races. I get a lot of bang for my buck with the turbo, I make the time count and it hurts. I think 2 hours on the turbo could be a challenge, though Sufferfest's Blender is 1h40....

I agree about the pre and post-ride faff!

• Options

Morning team

Up and at 'em   image

I expect you are all in to your second hour on the turbo by now

• Options
    Morning: sat having breakfast b4 work... Cycling home later today 15miler...
  • Options

Plinsky of reply to one of your earlier questions, I would go for compression shorts and a non compression top, you may find the top a bit restrictive and most people would shy away from a one piece, especially if racing long and even more especially if its a compression number ... you'd be in the portaloos for a month   image

• Options
    Thanks M...eldy, that's helpful. My tri 400 short are pretty good - I shall stick to those and not worry about a suit.

BW

Plinsky
  • Options

Morning all.  I'm back on Guernsey for a weeks holiday and boy life is good over here.  It's a little after 8am and I'm tapping away nursing a huge mug of coffee having been for a 45 min sea swim.

Apart from the water's temperature, I really enjoyed it.  Stunning weather here today.  Clear blue skies with a view out to the north of Alderney and the French coast.  13 degrees too.  Almost tropical. image

Plinsky - I'm only planning on doing a half distance this year with the 24 week plan being my own that's pretty much an adaptation of something from the recent November and February issues of Triathlon Plus magazine. 

• Options

I'll be turboing tonight since I'm under house arrest thanks to the snow

• Options

I take my bike out in the rain too clean it image

• Options

Feeling well fecked off now, and still not properly better image   walked to work today, which is about 1.5 miles,  and about 70% uphill - felt exhausted by the time I got there image

consoling myself by the fact that Mr Frag is on his second course of anti-biotics to get rid of it (so I'm not being a wimp!) and I've booked myself into the spa tomorrow evening, so I can do gentle swimming and sit in the jacuzzi/steam room all night image

• Options

Patience woman !!!

• Options

I don't bloody well have much left at the moment Melds! image

• Options

fraggle.joining you on teh pissed off bench........suffering form a head cold since the weekend........this month has been a wash out....niggling achillies put me on gentle training for a week.stomach bug wiped me out for a week..then 5 days good training before this head cold knocked me off course again...........

never had such a run of illness.......

so patience is almost run outimage

might go for a sauna tomorrow 

• Options
    Evening all

A good day for me ...

AM

- Swim (Drills)

LUNCH TIME

- 5mile run

PM

- 1hr 30min spin ... Including RPM class

- 5 mile riverside run

- 15min spin ... To cool down

... Now I'm hungry
  • Options
    Jes! Great work WW! I thought I had done a lot by doing a 75 min bike ride... Will get there one day...
  • Options
    I do most my training Monday -Thursday cos I work away from home
  • Options

I usually sleep like a log, but after a swim session always find it a bit more unsettled.  Is it just me?

• Options
    New bike will be built next Tuesday, now to get it fitted image
  • Options
    Will how do you get on not having your bike with you all week, is the spin bike a good replacement? what about gym bikes, are they worth using or is it better to just replace with extra run sessions?I only ask as i have a few weeks away with work in the next month
  • Options

I used to use a hotel gym bike with one of Chrissie W's AudioFuel sessions. Got me through endless hotel stays.

• Options
    3:31 am: can't sleep... Going to be short of a swim session this weekas going away with work and the swimming pool in the hotel is only 14 meters. Ironcat 5 Should I spin on a gym bike instead? If so for how long? Or should I get in a cheeky QC?

Tired Badger: I never have a y problems sleeping after a swim session (says being awake in the middle of the night!) - although last night it was a 75 min cycle home session.
  • Options
    DimTimTris wrote (see)

I usually sleep like a log, but after a swim session always find it a bit more unsettled.  Is it just me?

For me swim sessions just make me realy hungry

BUT, if i forget to use a nose clip the chlorine leaves feeling bunged up and restless and  in that case ... i can't sleep

• Options
    Tired Badger wrote (see)
    Will how do you get on not having your bike with you all week, is the spin bike a good replacement? what about gym bikes, are they worth using or is it better to just replace with extra run sessions?I only ask as i have a few weeks away with work in the next month

Gym bikes are the low of the low - so only i use if i have now other option (it is better than nothing ... just)

I normally use a spin bike. they are much more adjustable, so i can get it set up so it feels like at least one of my road bikes. and if it has a good weight on the fly wheel, the feel can also be ok.

They key is to make sure you work (speed speed & Tension) . I use a range of training videos (Les Mills RPM, Sufferfest, Spinnervals) ... Iv'e been known to do up to 5 hrs on a spin bike (Needs Must)

• Options
    Plinsky wrote (see)
    3:31 am: can't sleep... Going to be short of a swim session this weekas going away with work and the swimming pool in the hotel is only 14 meters. Ironcat 5 Should I spin on a gym bike instead? If so for how long? Or should I get in a cheeky QC? 

I was often moving sessions to fit in with travel, though if my plan said bike, I biked. Sometimes I the QC and 15min Z2 run off the hour bike and did the 45 inute bike another day.

Use the pool - do some kick work without pushing off, diagonally?

• Options

* whispers *  think the virus is finally buggering off image chest feeling lighter, and breathing easier.  at long bleedin' last.

spa evening for me so will try some swimming (even if it is slow 'old lady head out of the water breaststroke')  and see how it goes  - am feeling much much better mentally today, as I can see light at the end of the training tunnel image

• Options
    fraggle wrote (see)

* whispers *  think the virus is finally buggering off image chest feeling lighter, and breathing easier.  at long bleedin' last.

Well, yes, it's buggered off all the way up to Scotland image.  Headache, sore throat, runny nose, and feel knackered.  Am resting today.

• Options

Good news Fraggle

Bad new Nurse R

• Options

And it appears to be in the USA as well! Sore throat, runny nose, feeling achy, and the best part is an oozing right eye.  Suffered through my group swim this morning but paid no attention to time and didn't even turn on my Garmin.  Just focused on technique.

• Options

Whatever RW have screwed up with the forum posting, could they please get it bloody well sorted?

PS Glad you're feeling better Frag image

• Options

We all seem to have the lurgy. RW forumites in a remake of 28 Days Later?