Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

My kidz seemed to have developed a taste for stroopwaffels too, and have now finished the supply that made it home!!

• Options
    Count me in, bib 3231. Good luck all.
  • Options
    Small Hands - and that's 50. Fantastic.

News from America : even the weather there has to be bigger and better (sorry Danni!)
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Small hands - Good to have another on the Paris train.

kaz - Your ex sounds like a right idiot. Maybe time to give the girls some Paris or Berlin homework.

Mmmmmmm stroopwafels.
  • Options

check us out after we'd quoffed a few jars in The Pilot Inn. Everyone had gone home but the markers were still out ....

/members/images/157400/Gallery/13_miles.jpg

• Options

Morning all.

TJB - That made me laugh!!

Eggy - Yes, the Berlin homework has been set,  hadn't actually  thought about Pairs Homework..........

Just booked flights to Berlin. Holy Moly what a carry on trying to get them to work in and at cheap fair........No joy.......so £160 each from Aberdeen, and we will have to fly to Aberdeen to but I will think about that next year!! image

• Options

TJB - stylin'!  You look like Mo and usain's pimped out 2nd cousins twice removed with your medals and trackies.  WOW that ribbon is bright!

Kaz - brilliant spot of child education on the homework.  If you want to target it tell them to look at the marathon route and choose 5 sites around it to research.  Then you'll also have a bit more to think about while runningimage

Small hands - welcome, pull up a chair and get cozy...but how small are your hands? I've got pretty small hands...can't even play a normal sized guitar.

• Options
    Meh. I can't play any sized guitar.
  • Options
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Meh. I can't play any sized guitar.

it's kinda obvious that you'd have big hands.  Are the palms hairy, yet?

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Kaz, I lived in Amsterdam for a year and my kids fell in love with stroopwaffles. Some supermarkets in the UK are starting to stock them now. Vla was also very popular- vanilla and other flavours in a carton.

• Options
    Dannirr. Check out MTSS on the googlesphere. You may have picked up a little bleeding around the tibia and need a bit of extra rest as you seem to have intuitively realised already. Do you run barefoot all the time or just some of the time? Have you increased the barefoot proportion recently?
  • Options
    image ATM, I think you may have your first photo for the 2013 Rogues' Gallery.

Starbucks sell stroopwafels, although I don't think they call them that. Can usually be found next to the tills, for the weak of willpower image .
  • Options
    needless to say waitrose and ocado both supply the waffel of stroop. And many fine places in Harrogate such as weetons and fodder should you ever be visiting. Betty's does not though which is no surprise.

At tjb image. I am right in thinking you have a complete set of gb kit?
  • Options
    Oh and at all non tax paying purveyors of coffee
  • Options
    But Betty's does do Fat Rascals
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Stray Runner wrote (see)

At tjb image. I am right in thinking you have a complete set of gb kit?

I didnt notice until you mentioned it!

5 easy miles for me this morning. Both knee and ankle are OK and taking the new shoes out.

A question for those more experienced than myself: I have a marathon next saturday and currently am in a dilemma for which shoes to use: the new saucony that will have a max of 30 miles in them or my older asiacs which are on their way out but still have some life in them.

Am I stupid for considering the saucony?

• Options

Red
    3231 Small Hands
    3434 Neil Belgium
    5995 Bedders 
    6032 Stray Runner

Yellow
    8186 seanb
    8461 Sporty Badger
    8843 Oops
    9114 djwolf
    10101 Dirty Leeds Rob

Blue
    14021 Mark Beevor
    14160 Weedy Gonzalez
    14467 kaz1
    14558 Edd125
    15080 Ward 6
    15149 MG09
    15350 phil in fitter
    16171 Steve Duffy 2

Purple
    28285 Pauline Macfarlae
    28790 Nicola bird 2
    28850 Eggyh73
    29684  Radar Sal
    30188 Johnny Lyall
    30213 Dannirr 
    31612 Elizabeth Ellis 3

Green
    37185 yer_maj
    37480 Suzy Martines
    37524 SP13
    37991 Emmy_H
    38591 Febo
    39107 Trevor Olver
    39586 The Luverly Suzie (aka Mrs Ex-Spartan)
    39658 Iain Moore 2
    39851 Dave The Ex-Spartan
    40116 Nic E
    40483 Tiddy
    40582 Clag
    41369 Monkey man
    42380 Running Rodent
    42561 ATM
    43795 NGUG

Grey
    50009 the jimbob
    50501 swindon dave
    51095 KeyserSuze
    51222 James B 73
    51614 Mrs dj
    52460 TartanPimpernel
    52868 Orbutt

Pink
    58251 Londonliv
    58463 DV
    62660 Marathon Maus

• Options

Fab photo jimbob  image

Emmy..   Use the new shoes....   

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

The list is looking good.

Great photo Jimbob.

• Options
    SR, yes I have team gb running vest, shorts, wristbands, the presentation tracksuit and the tennis top. I went mad for the Olympics, but to be fair it was BRILLIANT.(especially if you live in London) - went to 8 different sports and some para events as well and that was equally BRILLIANT.
  • Options

Question for you London based people...

I'm taking my daughter (aged 10) to see Evanescenece at Wembley Arena at the end of next week.   She wants a goth dress to wear to the gig...!   I have seen them for sale in Camden but that's not exactly local....   any ideas where I might be able to take her shopping for something suitable..?

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Emmy - wear the Saucony's - I did Cardiff in my new ones and they only had 5k on them!

• Options

i work in Camden!!!!!!

• Options
    Emmy_H wrote (see)

I have a marathon next saturday

Emmy - you're a running monster. Which marathon you doing? I used to wear my shoes till they were done, then move on to the next one, but I've found it handy to leave about 100 miles on pair A when switching to pair B. It means if you go out one day in pair B and it's soaking wet, you've got pair A nice and dry for the next day if needed.

And morning everyone. Eggy, Kaz - how's it going?

• Options
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

i work in Camden!!!!!!

That's useful...   ok..  can you recommend anywhere...   she's 10..  so tiny size..   I want something goth but not that's going to cost a fortune...   any ideas..?

I suppose she'll also want a jacket and boots..?   uh-oh..  could be expensive...

• Options

Cyber Dog is awesome, but i don't really know that much - the place is full of shops and visiting tourists so i don't venture into the markets much durig the day. I reccommend a vist with your daughter to buy the clothes. Come early and get out by lunchtime - it heaves on a saturday and sunday

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
    Emmy_H wrote (see)

I have a marathon next saturday

Emmy - you're a running monster. Which marathon you doing? I used to wear my shoes till they were done, then move on to the next one, but I've found it handy to leave about 100 miles on pair A when switching to pair B. It means if you go out one day in pair B and it's soaking wet, you've got pair A nice and dry for the next day if needed.

And morning everyone. Eggy, Kaz - how's it going?

Maybe.... but in comparison to others - i'm taking a holiday with my racesimage I'm doing the foxy@40 marathon in Milton Keynes. Normally I have 3 pairs on the go but the asics have both died their death at the same time (even though there was about 200km difference).

The Jimbob wrote (see)

Cyber Dog is awesome, but i don't really know that much - the place is full of shops and visiting tourists so i don't venture into the markets much durig the day. I reccommend a vist with your daughter to buy the clothes. Come early and get out by lunchtime - it heaves on a saturday and sunday

Cyber dog is normally the place to go but it's expensive. I used to go to some of the places around the outskirts and occasionally to somewhere like Claire's accessories have goth accessories she could use. What about Amazon (i know...)

• Options
    Sal - my palms certainly are not hairy.

I wax them weekly.

Big sports masseur hands me. None of your delicate piano playing nimble fingered stuff.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

Big sports masseur hands me. None of your delicate piano playing nimble fingered stuff.

I received a name and number yesterday of a guy that I've been assured "will give me more pain that I ever imagined and i'll be begging for more"....

I'm actually quite excited!

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Hmmmm slight dilemma here folks...the work stuff that I had to do in London on Thursday and Friday has now been moved.  Now trying to decide whether I can justify train and hotel *just* to see you lot on Thursday night...image