Options

The 2014 Ironman Training thread

Comments

• Options

A terminal case of manflu that came on Christmas Day has stopped all training for me at the moment, so I made up for it by putting in a wiggle order yesterday to give my bike a bit of a service. Will recover the rest of this week hopefully to start Jantastic net week and a Fink plan heading towards the Anglian. 

• Options

Thanks IC5, luckily I was uninjured in the collision, I did a ninjas roll over his bonnet must of been all that practising as a kid. image

• Options

10 mile very slippy run this morning ...that's at least 2 mince pies burnt off!  image

• Options

51 miles run yesterday.  Feel surprisingly good today, but guaranteed to be descending the stairs on my arse tomorrow and lowering myself onto the khazi with maximum upper body support.

Not sure where this fits into Fink, but it was good fun.

Two days off then back to the proper training plan, as only around 4 1/2 months till Lanza now.

• Options
    Pudge wrote (see)

51 miles run yesterday.  

pfft, is that it?

• Options

Duda

Hope your ok and heal up ok. Did the driver stop and pay for the damage?

• Options

Errr Pudge, I think you have missed out a decimal point.......NUTTER!!!!!

1 mile in the pool followed by a 3.15 hr hilly, windy bike. 

• Options

Hi Cake, yes the driver stopped, was very apologetic and has paid to get the bike fixed up for me.

Should be back on the road later today image

• Options

Four miles in the fresh Scottish air and chuffed as did the same route this time last year but 4 minutes quicker image  A year of triathlon training has started to show And pay off. 

Will try to keep ticking over but it's hard with the Hogmanay celebrations going on all around us. 

Happy New Year to you all and best wishes & great training for next years ironmans eventsimage

• Options

Finally got my arse in gear, and went to the pool.

It was closed.

Have a great NY everyone!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Options

Well my last day of doing nothing

in fact i have done nothing since ironmanuk in aug

but tomorrow my training starts

• Options
    Magna Carter wrote (see)

Finally got my arse in gear, and went to the pool.

It was closed.

Have a great NY everyone!

image It's the thought that counts MC.

Started Fink yesterday - on the treadmill as there's no way i can run around where i live and stay in HRZ 2

• Options
    Skiing counts as training doesn't it???
  • Options

it counts for ski training ..   image

• Options

So, this month I have done more training hours than Sep-Nov combined - although thats still only about 10.5hrs.  But at least I've been more consistant.

Now just have to keep it going and build till it's more like 10hrs per week.  Shouldn't be difficult as the runs get longer than 4 miles and I add in more swimming and cycling.

Have a good evening everyone. Bring on 2014 image

• Options

My plan starts tomorrow, yay. Happy New Fink image

• Options

Good start to the year: parkrun, wet and muddy then spinervals, hot and sweaty.

Slobbing for the rest of the day image

• Options

Todays ride was biblical image torrential rain and gales, got a puncture from the biggest thorn i have seen fixing that in lashing rain was fun, then i get to the valkey road that makes up the last eight miles home to find the road shut as the river had burst its banksimage i couldnt face going back so hacked on through at times the water was up sbove my axles which made peddaling well hard lucky i was using my cyclocrosser but i got through and home totally drenched it was an amazing ride all in snd a great start to the new year it would have been so easy to bin it and have a rest dayimage

• Options

Max, that sound extreme! Well done for getting out there.  'Fraid I'm far too wussy to venture out on wheels on a day like today, even on the MTB. 

• Options
    GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭
    Pissing down all day, knackered and I need an early night but I'd better pull my finger out and do something.
  • Options

Just wondered why my bike weighs a ton the wheel rims and the frame were full of wsterimage just stripped it down for a dry out and bit of TLC as it done eell todayimage

Rest day tomorrowimage

• Options

Gunna stop messing around now its the new year and get my IM training sorted properly... Started off today with a nice early morning swim, may even head out for a little run later too :P

• Options

Was going to start with a 9 mile run into work

overslept...

• Options

Modified Fink plan has begun, nice swim this morning in an almost empty pool and 30 min run tonight yay bye bye choccies, bikkies and cakes, hello seeds nuts and green stuff

• Options
    H0NKH0NK ✭✭✭

Time for me to join this Thread as the build up to Wales has begun. Just signed up to trainerroad to give my cycling a boost, first session was fitness test this morning and went well and I was impressed with it so trying to decide what sessions to try next, anyone else using it? I'm happy with where my running is at but not been swimming for a while and need to get back into it.

• Options

Nice little 50 minute turbo session last night. haven't worked that hard for a week or two and nice to blow a few cobwebs away. Going to hopefully do a sloshy 30 minute run at some point today and some core work. 

Just seen an article about the Graftman, anyone done it? Might actually enter a race todayimage

• Options

Slowly getting my mojo back ready to start on Fink again in Feb for IMWales again and today I succumbed to putting a rear mudguard on the winter road bike.  Did a 2 hour ride this morning which ended in the most fantastic hailstorm 15 minutes from home as I raced the storm front home from Andover to Newbury.  I just kept at the front edge of it for about an hour but it finally caught me up.

Mudguard now fitted ready for a test ride tomorrow morning.

• Options

Looking forward to next week and the pool schedules getting back to normal.  Only managed 30mins this morning before the 'swimmers' half of the pool got ridiculously busy. However, the 30mins were pretty good by my standard.

Regular Friday evening spin session was as horrid as ever.

Planning to parkrun again tomorrow then a rest day on Sunday.

• Options
    Trogs wrote (see)

Looking forward to next week and the pool schedules getting back to normal.  Only managed 30mins this morning before the 'swimmers' half of the pool got ridiculously busy. However, the 30mins were pretty good by my standard.

No doubt the 'new year resolution' effect didn't help!

Tomorrow, I have my first ever swim session with the local tri club that i've just joined.... somewhat nervous after reading so many blogs about the 'tough' nature of some of these swims!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Options
    Hoping to get back to tri club swim sessions from Sunday. Bike looks like a long turbo tomorrow with the weather.

Not run since the 28th when I picked up a foot injury. Went to Physio today who said its either tendinitis or a stress fracture, but can't be sure which image

Suggested waiting another week and then trying a run.

Could be 2 weeks off running or 2 months image