Options

Radio Worcestershire

Comments

• Options
    Which would you rather do - play that card game with me, or stay in Lochmaben with YOUS! woman?
  • Options

thats like being given the option of death by firing squad or injection.

Obviously the answer is I never want to do either again. EVER

• Options

Surely even in death there are good and bad choices?

I had to resort to a Bontrager rear tire, cos Dave appears to be operating on Indian Stretchable Time with respect to deliveries.

• Options

unlucky. I had one once is p worded all over the joint.

You could have borrowed a tyre/wheelset from me

• Options

If the forecast wasnt so windy, I might have asked to nick some deep rims. But as it is, I'd end up in a hedge.

There wasnt anything IN that rear tire btw, it was a bent in bit of a hole, pushing on the inner.  (Does that make any sense?)

• Options
    Ive got a 60 90 hed combi you can use. and its not really windy!
  • Options

Tempted, if you're still talking to me later...

Define "not really windy" !!

• Options

What ho, 6 weeks ago I asked if it was possible to build up to a 50k in 6 weeks from an 11 mile run. The general consensus seemed to be yes. Well, you can do it, but it will be slow and it will hurt like far kinell. Did the Fairland Valley Challenge 50k today (which turned into 56k cos my navigation is superb!), it was hilier and more off road than expected and very slow, finishing in 7:15ish. Had a superb time though, did the last 5 miles with a chap who was running his 117th marathon (including Comrades 5 times) I was a bit starstruck by him.

Hope eveyone is well image

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Bloody awesome job, Gizzards, well done you!!!

• Options

Fabulous reports from Bassey and Flyaway - makes me wish I had been there!

Good work GP!

Happy week, everyone else!

• Options

Everyone wishes they were there.  Cos "there" is where the cool kids was at, innit?

So, I did my first tri (440m/30km/8km) for a year, yesterday. Happily, this coincided with the first swim and first brick session for a year. Still, I've been doing a bit of biking lately, so I figured it couldnt be that bad. 440m suddenly became a hellishly long way to swim though. There was a BADtri-er guy in my lane who swam in his leg warmers, so I'm going to blame my ludicrously long swim split on his distration factor.
    Bike was cool, pushed on a lot, managed to ride down 5 or 6 better swimmers. Listened to the kick-ass sound of the deep rims. Heavens opened at about 15km in. Humph, thought the swimming bit was long over.
    Had to put on socks in T2 cos my feet were so wet from all the rain running down my legs into my shoes that I didnt like the thought of the blister factor after 8km without. BADtri leg-warmer guy passed me at 4km, now wearing his bike gloves. And I thought I was the one who always overdressed....
    Had to put a  bit of effort in for the last km in order to get under 2 hours (1:59:46). Am a bit confused about the current results format as it doesnt seem to be seperating guy and dolls, so from what I can see, I won my age group and was 6th/19 girls. I had a faster bike split than 2 of the girls who beat me, but I clearly need to work on the run. Er.... let's not mention the swimming, eh?

• Options

Evening all

Well done GP and flyaway on the races
    Well done bassy & flyaway on your reports - the precis made me laugh - hope a longer version appears at some stage image

I am mainly working - bah!  Oh and I failed 1 of my assignments (double bah!) and only passed the other after the moderator put up my mark by 2% - given I've not met anyone in my group so far who's passed all their assignments (or who has even got half-way decent marks) perhaps they forgot to brief us properly!  That or I'm rubbish - whatever image  Anyway, my time management is so bad I need to now spend my summer resubmitting my assignment on it!!

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

It def sounds like something is up if the whole cohort isn't doing very well, doesn't it, HL?

Was that Bath, Flyers?

I had a really poopy swim this morning and am tired and grumpy but the kitten is chasing a fly round which is cheering me up.

• Options

Flyers - excellent work, really!

HL - I was going to say what Mouse said, and you of all people have excellent time management skils.

Same here Mouse, only mine was last night. Swam like I didn't know how to swim. Have been either in OW or a 20m pool for weeks now - last night went to a 25m pool, suddenly couldn't swim. Was awful.

• Options

Morning gentlefolk!

Well done to Gizzy and flyers (and you and bassy make Oi laff! image) Now get on with the report image

HL, WMS (and WIMS too, obviously)

I am feeling lazy and unmotivated. I haven't swum or ridden a bike for ages, though the running is going OK. I can manage the 10 mile relay leg of the JW and I'll be in something approaching slow-marathon-shape by Abingdon; otherwise, I'm entering nothing for this year...

• Options

Rushes in to hug Crashie.

((((Crashie))))

Rushes out again.

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Crashie - can we help?

Should we plan a visit to Wustershire avec bikes and wetsuits over a weekend soon and take you out for a yomp?  Did anything come of the mooted squirrel session?  Would that help?

Can I fit any more questions in a post?

• Options
    What Mouse said. And '?' for good measure...! image
  • Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

Well done GP!!

Good reading Flyers and Bassy

Lexi, haven't you got a spare MP3 player from the other week?

Well i bought the latest Jones Bo paperback on Thursday for £3.96 from Asdal and am now up to page 395 out of 740. This is mailnly because  I spent Saturday, Sunday and most of yesterday in bed with potential norovirus "symptons" - violently sick etc on Friday night / Saturday morning and no energy left in the system.  Back to work today as it is well over 48hrs from the last rush to the bathroom

• Options

That's not good, Musky (the bug, not the book!)

Thank you gentlefolk; I have no idea what would fix it; I'm having some work-related drama which is taking some sorting out (I've sacked someone and am now trying to sort out the previously-undiscovered trail of carnage they've left behind...at least it's administrative not clinical, but it's a right pain)

I've lost a lot of the SSTC stuff when the last laptop dies, but I'm back on it now; I also hope to get a Worcs Way bimble sorted...

• Options

Well, shout if you need us to do anything, Crashie, even if it is only to descent with alkihol and cakes!

Yuck, Musky!

• Options

Arternoon evereewon. Thanks for the congratulatione, but compared to cycling  JOGLE a 50k run kinda pales image. Many congrats Flyaway, absolutely superb!!!

Wassup Mouse? How's tricks?

HL, if everyone is getting not so good marks sounds like it's not the studentes who are at fault. Is HLad still winning everything tennis competition he enters?

Swimming....swimming is for fish not land dwelling mammals. It'll never catch on as a pastime I tells ya, or maybe I just stay away from it cos I'm a rubbish swimmer.

Hope you're feeling better Musketeer.

Sorry to hear of your lacking motivation Mr H. Thought of trying something entirely different untill the mojo for all things triathlon returns? Extreme ironing? Planking? Backwards Running? Climbing? If nothing else it can give you a reason to buy lots of shiney new toys to play with.

Min last time I was about you were doing lots of stuff to get into running events. Is that still a goer for you?

• Options
    GP, sure is! I'm starting a degree course in September, studying Sport Exercise and Science, am taking my BTF ref quals and coaching quals, as well as volunteering wherever I can. In fact, this weekend will be the first weekend in 10 that I am not actually working in some way shape or form. All if it voluntary, but I'm hoping that I'm putting in some good ground working and networking to secure a better future.
  • Options

Mouse - no, much closer to home. 

Crashie - yes, we are an amusing double act. Apparently this is because one of us has Charisma and the other is a bit of a turnip.
    I'm happy to come and bike with you. You can stick the swimming though!!

GP - ah, JOGLE would have been easier, since it's downhill that way. LEJOG is for the well 'ard. Well done on your not-much-to-quite-a-lot running program. I'm fairly sure we said it would be possible, but was likely to hurt, so sounds like we were bang on!! Whats next?

Min - do you get cheap cinema tickets from September then?

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

LEJOG is supposed to be easier most times as the prevailing wind is south westerly. Our club chairman was persuaded to swap his intended direction a couple of years ago, only to encounter a NE wind for most of the way!!

• Options
    Prevailing wind, eh? I might have to mention this gem.....
  • Options
    I think it does, indeed, Flyaway!
  • Options

JOGLE, LEJOG I guess it's abit like doing Comrades up and Comrades down, either way it's a colossal achievement.

Flyaway, next up is HOTH on August 20/21, Hell On The Humber a 12 hour overnight race crossing backwards and forwards over the Humber Bridge, not the ice planet in The Empire Strikes Back. I'm doing it for Combat Stress partly cos I did a placement there as a Psych Student Nurse and partly 'cos the psychological injuries of war tend to be, not forgotten about as such, but not thought about as much as the physical injuries. Then it's Mablethorpe Marathon in October and Quadzilla  (4 marathons in 4 days) in February.

Blimey Min, that's some dynamic stuff on your part. Sounds like you're really getting things into place for a future business.

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭
    You didn't see another couple in/ on your way to JoG on your last day Flyers? On matching bikes, bloke with beard and glasses? They did Tongue to JoG on 6th
  • Options
    Hmm, that Quadzilla thing looked good, shame it's full...