Options

Radio Worcestershire

Comments

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Afternoon Few

M.ouse, - had a great afternoon watching the Bristol Tri, spent mostly at the end of the running part.

Only saw 1 Pirate.
    Thanks to all at BADTRI for the organising and marshalling

Heard a song at about 5 past eight on the local radio this morning that I hadn't heard for ages - "Can You Dig it?" by the Mock Turtles. Turned over to Radio 2  and guess what came on next!

Off soon - 4 mile  Blaize Blaser tonight.

• Options

Welcome back Mousie - sounds like a good week image
    Wotsit - sounds like a long time to wait image

Evening all.  That's about it really!

• Options
    Hello

Mouse - I have found your 7lb, you can have it back if you want as I don't want it. I'm now the heaviest I've ever been.

17 weeks until Snowdon, time to start running regularly again I think.

• Options

No wonder it was quiet last week! Fly on a bike, Mouse event organising, Crash & Squish holidaying (wait - have they had a holiday that hasn't involved a IM, ultra or other mass participation event?)

Welcome back Mouse - is the 7lbs lost through running around like a madmouse or deliberate action?  Well done regardless image

Ant - throw away the scales, then you'll never know.   17 weeks till Snowdon is scary!

Musky - hope the race was a goodun?

HL - how is the countdown to holiday going?  Sports day at our place today (please keep fingers crossed for no rain!) then fayre on saturday (ditto with the crossing) then its all downhill!

Thank you for fingers crossed re the job, they've got more interviews this week, hence leaving telling me so long.  There are 14 jobs up for grabs though.  Benefit of 'leaving' is that people save all the nice things they should have been saying to you all year for that moment.  So at least I've left feeling appreciated.  And today is my first working day that I'm not working.  Its quite nice image

• Options

Nice skiving, Wotsers! Now what you need is an Ant-esque 'little holiday followed by dropping into a job' image

Congrats on t'race organisation and weightloss, Mousers.

Ant, nice weightgain; me too, I fear. Hey ho, might just get back to exercise, starting today...

Odd the way that happens, Muskers; people always suggest that it's like buses, but there's a good explanation for why it happens with buses.

Where do I find news on flyers and Bassy?

• Options
    They're tweeting it mostly, Crashie. They're up in the Cairgorms (sp?) now, Bassey had has had some serious saddle sores and the last couple of days Flyers has been under the weather. She is now a sworn advocatge of Ventalin! That end of the journey they are staying in YHA, but for the England bit they stayed with peeps various; Mouse, Monique and Rosey, I think. Today will be the second century ride of three in three days. Spirits seem to be high though.
  • Options

And us!  We still seem to have Bassy's hair gel too.  Heaven only knows how he is managing to ride without it.

Min - what is Bassy's tweet thingy, link?

• Options

Nice to have you back as well Crashie image

Wotsit - hope that sports day went ok - I have too much to do to think about the end of term and am working quite a bit this summer too image

I am currently quite cross - however, I have sent an email (which i checked to make sure wasn't likely to be the type to go viral!) so am feeling a bit better.  I hate people who give you a reason for a decision that is totally unreasonable!!!!

• Options

Morning all!

Tis @piratebassey Wotsit - that said, today is their last day. 115 miles to go, the weather is hissing down and Flyers is unable to eat still. She has shown a core of steel to carry on, IMHO!

• Options

Morning gentlefolk!

Sounds like it's a gutsy effort (as it were) to keep on pushing. I really fancy LEJOG, but not at that pace! Terrific effort! (when I win the lottery, I'll cycle it one way then run back the other way, but over a period of several months, with rest days and things!)

In other news, I ran twice yesterday...

• Options
    Excellent news, Crashie well done! Yup - they have done incredibly well, especially as they were carrying everything with them.
  • Options

Yeah, I'd have sherpas too...and 4* hotels (shouldn't be a problem with a lottery win image)

GO PIRATES!

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Morning All

Blaize Blaser was tough - slowest one for a couple of years

Good training session last night though - 8 x 3  mins around a rugby pitch, supposedly at 3 - 5k pace (with 90secs recovery) I run faster in a 5 k race, but the grass and corners slow you down.

Only twice Crashie?

2 friends from my club are also doing LEJOG at the moment. If they are on schedule they will be doing Tongue to JOG today, so may be there at the same time as Flyaway and Bassey

• Options

Less than 50 miles for Flyers and Bassey now - Bassey has taken Flyer's bags on board as she is really poorly and struggling to keep moving. Collective surge of willpower from the thread, please!

C'mon Flyers., you've shown a core of steel, you're so close. Keep going girl!

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Well if Ant has got Mouse's 7lb, whose have I got?

Night all

• Options

Go, flyers!

Musky, you can have a few lb of mine if you're collecting image

I have run on one occasion today; I'm npt going out again!

• Options

So we've swapped the heat for wind today then?  It always makes me feel as though I am running in slow motion.

Congratulations to the fabulous Flyaway.  Hope you are enjoying some home comforts by now.  How did you get back from JOG?  It only occurred to me late last night that probably cycling back wasn't on the agenda.

I would like to skip forward to Sunday please, so I can a) know the results of the interview and not keep waiting and b) have the school summer fayre, for which I have a gazillion jobs to do, be over with.  Anyone want to help me make a seagull costume today?

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

Latest Jo Nesbo book in the Harry Hole series, The Leopard, is out in paperback today. There goes a lot of my spare time for the next few weeks

• Options

They're on the train home, Wotsit.

Late nights ahead, Musky?

• Options

Hello? Heeeeeelllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooo? Coo, ain't it quiet?

Not that anything particularly exciting has been happening at Hamster Mansions, though I've now run for three days in a row...wonder if that's some sort of a record? image

• Options

Afternoon - hope you're all fine and dandy. 

Wasn't quiet in Stevenage this morning. After the kids Sports Day was cancelled (due to rain - (i) rain won't cancel the Olympics, (ii) rain won't cancel our District Scout Camp this weekend) I thought - I know, since it's after rush hour (cancellation happened at 0915) I'll go the slightly quicker way to work. Forgot that Sonisphere is on this weekend so you can't get onto the A1 northbound from junc 7 meaning that everyone was trying to get on via junc 8.

It was whilst I was in the junc 8 queue I realised I'd left my laptop at home - doh!

Right, I'm off to do a quick bit of iplayering.

• Options
    Man am I behind. It would appear one of our listeners has cycled from Land's End to JOG (or the other way round) - nice going!
  • Options

Afternoon all!

Tis quiet innit? Nothing terrically exciting going on in this neck o the woods, either!

• Options

I am in my pyjamas, surrounded by chaos.  I am officially relaxing now, with 6 days till we go on holiday, no work this week and, glory be, the school summer fayre which I have been organising, now all over.  Yesterday was rather a manic day and I seem to have tested the spf in my facecream to its breaking point as I burnt my nose.  Foolish.

Eventually I'll venture out with the kids, who are surrently playing with dinosaurs.  Maybe...

Its a terrible shame to have to cancel sports day.  My kids were gutted last week.    I got talking about sports in school to some other parents yesterday and we're going to have a push at getting more sport on our childrens' timetables next year.  The provision is rubbish at primary school level.  If anyone has seen/heard of examples of really good practice, can they let me know?

Tricky - hope the camp was good.  We've had glorious weather this weekend, hope you're getting the same.

I have run for 6 days in a row, totalling 20m, which is the longest weekly entry since Brighton.  I shall do the same this week too.  Its very empowering!

• Options

Wotsit...... its just been on the news that children are not getting enough activity time from Pre school upwards and they say it should be outside. I was half listening so wasn't sure whether it was 3 hrs a day or 3 hrs a week. Think that would include school and home though, so could be a day .image

Well done on the running image .....i need to do more outside too!!

Weather up in Wales has been a mix of sunshine...but mostly showers.!!

I have done a water colour painting of a Squash Player in action for a friend's 40th Birthday. I haven't touched my paints for over 20yrs.......Will be interesting to find out what he thinks......am wondering now if it was a good idea. I also did a poem......he's gonna love me when he reads it....NOT!!! image (thankfully he has a sense of humour, lets hope he's got it with him ).!! image

Right time to head to the gym.....is coffee drinking training?? image

• Options
    Hello

Well done the LeJogers and good training everyone else.

I did the Upton Standard triathlon yesterday 1.5/42/10km based on hardly any swimming or biking this year. That's the danger of having to enter races six months in advance, sometimes things come up. It has a strange entry into the water - you have to climb down a set of ladders into the river.

Anyhow, I finished in 3:05 something and didn't come last but I did come the lowest down the field I ever have with only 10% of it behind me. It has rekindled my interest in doing stuff again though so I'm looking at what I can mix into my training for Snowdonia.
  • Options

Hello!

Thanks for your support/ accomodation/ company/ food/ drugs/ texts/ congrats/ small kittens. We had a super time, but then the company was pretty awesome. (I'm sure it worked both ways!!). I had enormous ankles for 2 days once we stopped, but normal lymphatic drainage has been resumed, so the second-best LeJoG calves can now be displayed to full effect. Shame that couldnt have coincided with me having to wear a posh frock, hat and heels and pretend to be a lady on Saturday at the parade. I was banking on no-one looking any further south than my waist!

I/We will write something at some point, but there are considerably more pressing things to attend to first. 

Ant - well, it sounds like you had fun, even if you dont feel your performance set the world on fire. But thats a long swim if you havent been. I have a 440m/ 35km/ 8km tri this coming Sunday but I havent swum for a year, so I'm not expecting great things at the beginning!

Mouse - how did it go? Can you send my stuff when it's convenient. There is room in the box for the kitten too. 

Lexi - wow, you are quite the artist! 

• Options

I'm not sure that swimming up Snowdon will help.  But I could be wrong. image

Well done Ant - cracking stuff.  Shows how high your general fitness is, to be able to knock out a tri without much swim/bike training.  You should be delighted.

Lexi - thank you for that.  I found the article, which says that kids should spend 3 hours a day moving about freely.  I also discovered that less than 30% of school children actually do the recommended amount of exercise per day, which is an hour and that in a 40 min school PE class the average time in which the kids spend moving about is 8 minutes.  Marvellous.  Giving me good ammunition though!

Its a lovely day outside image

• Options

Morning gentlefolk!

Welcome back, flyers; sounds like you had some fun, but that it was 'a little hard' too. We await the report... image

Ant, nicely done; proper Piratey, a tri off no training image

Lexi, is there no end to your talents, woman? image Painting too!

Wotsers, nice running; be careful, after all the manicosity (I'm allowed to invent words) it's about now that you'll catch something...

Today, I too shall run.

• Options

Yes, it was quite hard. 6 consecutive century rides when its not flat, and I was pretty much broken - I think he fairly carried me the last day, into the wind, in the rain, over the hills ("To Helm's Deep - we ride!"). If it wasn't that the finished me off, it was the 5 mile TT the next morning to catch the train....!

And its significantly harder if you're carrying all your stuff. I don't think you should underestimate that part. 

And it's significantly harder to cycle up hills when you're giggling. I definitely underestimated that part!

Manicosity sounds like a Scouse disease.