Options

FRESH'N'LO Great Scottish Run

Comments

• Options
    SFC - Live in sweethope farm.....

I'm a member of Motherwell AC and tis a great club, if your interested go to the website. We meet 2 nights a week and have all levels of runners....

www.motherwellac.com

• Options
    Hello from a new forumite! Glasgow is going to be my first half. Living in London now but it will be nice to come home for a weekend and get well fed by my Mum afterwards! Pretty excited already.

• Options
    Lucie - Good to see your coming home,Its a great day out.........

Where were you from.....?

• Options
    Cumbernauld *shudder*
  • Options
    Whats it called......?

What you doing down in the big smoke..?
  • Options
    Hi Lucie
    Glasgow will line the streets for your homecoming!
    Its a blast running through the city streets that are usually clogged with cars and running the bridge is magic!

Checked out your website SH - thanks, but recon that I will probably go with HH as they meet to train less than a mile from my house.
  • Options
    SFC - No problem, I've seen them on a Tuesday night outside the school....

• Options
    Cumbernauld? Yikes! I'm originally from Kirkie, but live in Kirrie now :(
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Hi, again, Jason.I agree with Nessie....I mean REALLY wee... very small hills. *I just hate any hill at all...*You'll be absolutely fine and have a great time.
  • Options
    It's a brilliant run and the crowds are totally amazing. I ran it in 2005, and there were street parties and everything going on. Love this race!
  • Options
    If Glasgow can arrange the same weather that they had for the ladies 10k last Sunday we will be sorted! - and save the planet by reduced bin bag use. :)
  • Options
    Not a lot of chat on this thread!
  • Options
    So i'll just talk to myself.....

Training going fine
    PB at the Monklands half followed by PB at the Helensburgh 10k, so pleased about that.
    Now looking forward to Stranraer half on Saturday.
    Nothing booked between then and the GSR.
  • Options
    Hi SFC, you doing all four of the Polaroids? I did them last year and really enjoyed, but my running pal has given up and I didn't fancy going myself. The Vale of Leven one was excellent with the farmer's market after it!
    Good luck at Stranraer!
  • Options
    Hi KC
    No, on holiday at the time of the Vale run and with Stranraer booked I thought the others would not be a good idea. But I really enjoyed the Helensburgh run and will look at the series for next year.

Just been for a plod round the Castle Avenue circuit with a bit added to get it up to 4.4m. Last run before Saturday's half.

How you doing in the build up to the GSR?

I see that they haven't got the 'whose entered' bit up and running yet!
  • Options
    I'm back for another shot of this one. I loved this last year and I've got a car load of friends signed up for this too.
    I'm saying I've entered but my names not appearing on the "Who's entered" section. Anyone else getting the same problem.

Still recovering from Edinburgh marathon but definitely on the mend now.

I ran 1.34 here last year, 1.31 at Edinburgh Forthside this year, so would love to get close to that 1.30 this time around.

I wonder if we'll get jelly beans again this year at 12 miles!
  • Options
    Hi Cap'n

I enrolled the day the website opened on the 29th March and have sent a few emails on the 'whose entered' thing.
    The first time I got whitewashed with 'check again next week'. The second time I got ignored!! and the third time I got a reply telling me that they were having trouble with the entry logging system but if I had a confirmation from Scottish Athletics then my entry was through OK.

I have checked a few people I know who have entered and it is only the girls who did the dual entry with the ladies 10k that are on the 'whose in' at the moment.

Great times! Good luck with the training to break the 90mins!

I missed the jelly beans last year so I hope I get another chance!
  • Options
    Have just gone onto the GSR website 'whose entered' section.... try any surname...only girls....

How does this sexist attitude fit with Glasgow City Councils non-discriminatory policy.... :)
  • Options
    Blistering barnacles, your right SFC. Maybe they have probs with the database. I'll give them another week and get in touch with them. I don't think it's come off my credit card yet. I also entered right at the starrt.

What sort of time you hoping for SFC?
  • Options
    Yeah! the more people who rattle their cage the quicker it will get fixed.

Mine is off the credit card, same day 29th!

Would love for blistering pace like you! But set my PB at the Monklands Half on the 20th. 1:48:03. Hoping to get that down a little at Stranraer on Saturday - but we'll see. :) I think I put down 1:49:00 on the entry.
  • Options
    dagnammit, had been keeping my eyes on the other Great Scottish Run thread - no wonder it was quiet, you're all here!

Kinda wishing I hadn't entered this now when I found a novice tri on the same day - but Grantown is sooo much further away, plus I am quite addicted to my GSR medal & Tunnocks Caramel Wafer :-)
  • Options
    I wonder if they'll have baggage lorries this year. It's the only thing that's needing looked at.

Big event for me this one. I'm turning 40 in September. It'll all be downhill from there. Still, I'll be classified as veteran in some events which does have some benefits.

• Options
    You can leave your kit in the changing tents, although with them changing everything about last year I never found them, ended up getting changed in my car. Luckily my dad was at the finish with a jacket for me.

I used to leave my kit in the tent all the time; you can't get in to that area without a race number. So far I've never been robbed by a fellow runner...
  • Options
    Debstir - LOL the other thread was mine but everyone lost interest so I joined this one too!

I changed in the car too and was glad I did, it was a bit of a hike round the finishing pens to get to the baggage tents at the end.
  • Options
    Afternoon all........

Just getting back into training for Eastkilbride half, not long now........

:-))
  • Options
    Where were the changing tents?
  • Options
    Yep, as a girly (ageing!), I'm on the 'whose entered'!

SFC, training so far going fine for the half. Enjoy Stranraer.

Captain Haddock, while I will admit a lot of things certainly do succumb to gravity after the age of 40, fitness and outlook on life don't have to go downhill! And good strong lycra helps all other bits which do!
  • Options
    CH - Where are you from...?
    I turm 40 last September,its not all bad you get some great gifts...

:-))

• Options
    CH - don't think there were any changing tents, just baggage storage. I changed in the car.

Kara - did you do a joint entry 10k and GSR? The world is not ready for me in lycra no matter how big the advantages may be! lol

Scottish - whippersnapper! :)
  • Options
    SFC - I take it your a wee bit older than me, or are you just being modist..?