Options

FRESH'N'LO Great Scottish Run

Comments

• Options
    SFC-Aye I'll bring up the white tracksuit again.This time I'll put keano all ower it!!!
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Must remember to send off my form for this - it's been lurking in my "to do" file for ages. This'll be my 8th in the trot.

SFC - I'm entered for Aviemore too - and I'm also doing Loch Ness in between. Did you do Aviemore last year? It was fab - even though I had a cold and didn't have a great run, it was a cracking day out.
  • Options
    Been out for a 7 mile run today and felt fine aftewards.

When is the Aviemore and Loch Ness races?
  • Options
    Felt I had to bite the bullet and enter since I'm missing the local 10k a few weeks due to holiday.

Did this race in 05 and 06, hopefully the conjection problems may be addressed, however I might jump pens.

Training is going well after the Loch Leven half and ahead of three races in two weeks with the Dundee Half, a local race and the Crieff 10k in the first two weeks of July.
  • Options
    I think I'll just be running the 10k instead of the half again this year as I've entered the Aviemore Half too and don't want yet another injury before then.

The Aviemore race is on 14th October.
  • Options
    I've entered the Great Cumbrian Run, which is also on the 14th October so I'll not be at Aviemore. I was at Carlsile last year and thought it was great.
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Loch Ness is 7/10 and Aviemore is 14/10.

Just as well Aviemore has a lot of downhill.........
  • Options
    Hi All!

Nessie - What heppened to 'one day recovery for each mile of racing' LOL

I'm doing the Great North Run in between on the 30th Sept. But will be running Aviemore with my wife - her 1st half - so will be taking it easy and chumming her round.

Only forund out about Avie last year when it was full, but a pal who did it said it was great!
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    ;o)

There was a 2 week gap between Loch Ness and Aviemore last year, and my legs were ok. I hadn't actually spotted that there was only 1 week this year until Captain Haddock asked the dates. Ooops.

Still, I managed 2 halfs, a marathon and a (very slow) 10k in 5 weeks last year, so I should be ok.

Aviemore was indeed fab last year - gorgeous course and perfect weather.
  • Options
    Blistering barnacles, when is this rain going stop? Still, good weather if you're a fish.

Ran 8 miles on Tuesday with my mates Jimmy Fish and Tom Salmond- that's their names, honest.

I hope all your training is going well.
  • Options
    Did you go to school together? Sorry for chipping in with that.
  • Options
    You've got to be codding. No we met through a common interest in running and now we're hooked and we're having a whale of a time.

Oh dear, can it get any worse.
  • Options
    Don't know if this is the plaice for this! You're supposed to be putting heart and sole into running matters.
  • Options
    groan

Nessie, I'm also doing Loch Ness then Aviemore. PB'd at Aviemore last year after the marathon but the 2 weeks between was better recovery time!

Crieff 10k - need to remember to send off my entry form for that too. Doesn't fit in to the schedule but can always do the LSR a couple of days later instead - just swap my shorter midweek run with my LSR.
  • Options
    Hello,

That's me entered now. Looking forward to it this year - had to run the 10k last year because of an injury.

I'm off on holiday on Thursday so training will start when I get back. Ran 10 miles with a friends who's doing EK half this weekend and managed it so hopefully that's a good sign!! I'm determined for a sub 2 time this year.
  • Options
    Hello all

Hows everyone keeping??

Training going well and looking forward to this run now.
  • Options
    Hi Mick

How are you doing & have you done much since Blaydon? I lurk on the GNR thread a bit but as it's such a busy thread I miss quite a lot and can't be bothered trawling through it all.

Got a new PB for 5k in Edinburgh on Tuesday - 23:41 which was 2:24 faster than last year. I'm intending doing the Black Rock 5 in Kinhghorn in Fife tomorrow night which is a bit like your Pier to Pier race with a part of the run on the beach and a paddle in the water all rolled into one!

How are you getting to Glasgow for this one? Hopefully there will be a meet up afterwards and we can have time for a longer chat than in the Bridge at Newcastle.

Take care

Colin
  • Options
    Hello Col

Aye well done on your 5k pb.Great running.Hope you have a good run at Kinghorn.
    Im training for the mablethorpe marathon which is on the 16th September,so the GSR is a training run for me.
    Im bringing the car up to Glasgow for the GSR.We'll have to arrange a meeting point before and after the run.

See you soon.
  • Options
    Thanks Mick. That's some drive - I assume that you're stayiing in Glasgow on the Saturday beforehand? I'll get in touch a bit nearer the time and we can arrange where to meet.

Cheers
  • Options
    Col-no I drive up on the morning of the run and then head south again straight after.The roads on the way up are really quiet on a sunday morning.Aye we'll get in touch soon to meet up.
  • Options
    Entered this now and booked Travel Inn as can't be bothered trying to get into Glasgow and park on the day.

Just have to train now.
  • Options
    Presume this is old news now, but I've just checked the 'who's entered' page on the GSR site and can now see that I am officially entered!

Like you Speedy G it's just a case of the training now. I'm just back from a week's holiday and only (!) managed two runs whilst I was away. Sometimes I wonder if this running business is that compatible with family life... ;)
  • Options
    Training! Now that's a good idea - I'll have to up mine a bit too! Just going off on holiday though, but will be taking my running shoes with me - of course!
  • Options
    Ian T - my runs take less time than my wife's golf matches - seemingly that does not count tho' :)
    Just back from 2 weeks sailing holiday, did a bit of walking but no runs. First run on Monday was great, last night was hard work - bit of catching up to do before the Helensburgh half on the 5th August. - anyone else doing this one??
  • Options
    Hi everyone, finally got round to entering myself and hubby for the half again this year.
    great to see a few names i recognise from last year / other events.
    This is our 2nd year of races so getting confidence from our experiences 1st time round and knowing that there is so much support out there
    hope all your training is going well, we have been very lazy after lochaber marathon, with only gentle runs so now we've entered and monies paid we're focused on getting out there again....here goes
  • Options
    SFC - for some reason I can't quite fathom I have entered the Helensburgh half, just got my number through yesterday. Have only ever done the GSR before so will be interesting for me. I've just started going to a running club which has given me a bit of the proverbial 'kick up the a*se' - it's made me push myself that bit more than if I was out by myself.
  • Options
    Hi IanT - glad of your company at Helensburgh!

GSR last year was my first half and I have done one other big one since at Bath. The smaller ones I have done at Jedburgh, Monklands and Stranraer were so different. Not better or worse, just different. I expect Helensburgh will be like this for you. Also because of the lack of congestion and the higher percentage of club runners means that you tend to be pulled along faster. Good luck!
  • Options
    I got my confirmation of my entry yesterday by email. Hoping for a good run at the GSR - had a poor run at the Dundee half on Sunday. Plus got the Crieff 10k on 15/7.
  • Options
    Cameron - I'm also considering the Crieff 10k. Do you know what kind of course it is? Not sure if it is a mainly road race or getting into trail territory. Like a good few hills but quite fancy potential for a fast 10k.
  • Options
    Ian - the Crieff 10k is a trail race with a hill at the start - thats what I have been told by people and on the RW forums. My goal this year was to try some new races instead of the same ones all the time anotehr RW tip - so Crieff is a new one, saying that this will be my third GSR.