Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options
    Just popping in to cheer Lotte on!! She has a beautiful day for it, cold and sunny image 
  • Options

No news from Lotte?? Hope she had a fab race.

I went to the Ron Skilton half which was mountainous and muddy, toughest race ever. Was a little confused by their prize giving as the 'open category' seemed to get more recognition than the overall winners but pleased with my eye watering effort to finish in about 2hr5. 

Just cooking tea and going to grab a bath & watch x factor in bed I think...  I have earnt it??

• Options

Well done on the runners and racers this weekend.  Well done Lotte on the PB!!!!imageimageimage

Camlo, you've definitely earned an evening of TV in bed, enjoy !!

Kinsey, hope the potty training continues to improve.

Yve, hope that you've had some progress and tomorrow's exchange happens without too much stress.

Minks, your house progress sound great, hope your M&S stuff is lovely and comfy image

EF, well done on takign the wine back, I would have gone mad, wine is wine!

Janie, hope the feeding is getting better.  Your photos on FB look lovely, what sweet kiddies you have.

Karen, agh to the moisturiser, hope it wasn't the good stuff.

Angelicals, hope you had a great night out with your sis.

Baby Led Weaning update - I don't want to put anyone off it.  I've been pleasantly surprised with how quickly J has learned to get food directly to his mouth, whether it's with his hands or on a spoon.  I think his choking episode last week was due to a combination of factors, basically he hadn't got rid of all the chewed carrot in his mouth before he had a drink of water, and then he slurped the water, which pushed the carrot down his throat and then he choked on it.  But damn, it was scary.  More problems tonight just with mash so I think I'm going to back off for a few days and only offer soft fruits and yoghurt.  

Still no running here, MRI both knees booked for Weds morning.  Hoping that everything looks fine and it really is just bf.

Hope everyone else is well.

• Options

Wonder Woman Lotte has posted her finishing time on FB but I'll just say that she did herself justice and posted a PB. Great stuff!

OMG that sounds tough Camlo

• Options
    Ha ha RB did not feel like wonder woman at mile 24 when it was all slipping away!

For anyone not on FB my garmin time was 3.15.33. Had a bit of problems with cramping stomach but knee was fine. Pleased. Will catch up again when we get home. Camping tonight bbbrrrr, Legoland tomorrow image

Well done Camlo sounds tough.
  • Options
    Well done to Lotte!

Johbo - maybe offer the water after the meal instead of with it? I know my friends little boy gagged a lot more than her first one and it freaked her a bit as Will (her first) had never done it.

I didn't bother about the 10k, I did 7miles instead, cover 10k in just under an hour anyway, and was about 4 mins faster than last time I did it. I think I run faster to keep warm when its cold!

Camlo - sounds like a mad race - well done!!
  • Options

Well done Lotte image and crazy running Camlo, well done too!

I went out for my third post-baby run today and actually RAN all the way image, although it took overtaking some walkers to reassure myself that I was going faster than walking pace...image Only 4.35km and took 35 mins so not speedy in the slightest but I felt really good for it.  My knee ached a bit and I stopped a couple of times to stretch, and now it is still feeling a bit odd if I put weight on the joint.  I think I had this after Sophie too, I just can't remember whether it was linked to my long-term knee problems, although this is the other knee.  Could just be relaxin??

Such a beautiful day too, gorgeous autumn sunshine.

Had a bit of a cry last night thinking about Nicholas's troubles, I think it will probably catch up with me whenever I'm feeling slightly down image.  I think it started from me and hubby talking about it in the car yesterday and how we're coping with it now, but whenever we have to describe the whole thing to someone new it brings back all the emotions too.  But anyway I'm feeling much better today, I just don't want to think about it.  And he looks so big compared to newborns, he is the picture of health image.

None of this was helped my sister, who has depression, texting last night to say she'd fallen out with her housemate (she moved in in August) who had moved out as a consequence, taking her dog with her who my sister quite doted on.  This is the 3rd set of housemates (at least) that she's fallen out with and either moved out or they have moved out, so when I said "what did you fall out about this time?!" she got in a right strop, saying we don't understand her depression and she wished she'd never told us ("we" being the family)image.  She's such hard work sometimes, seems to have calmed down today though.

• Options
    ChynahChynah ✭✭✭

OMG I have only been away for a week and have had 17 pages to catch up on!!   

Can't remember much so apologies to those I miss

Lotte - fab time - congrats on the PB!

Kinsey - are you SURE Aiden is 1 ?? cos that has gone by sooo fast!

Plus CM - from what I have read on here over the last (I don't know how many) years you ARE the main childcare provider and J&E shold definitely be with you.  Plus (and I'm probably out of line here) from what I've read about T I would not want his influence to be the mainone in my chlds life.  Big ((()))s.

We had  good holiday - notable points being

Having to find and take N to a GP for antibiotics for a ear/thoat thingy.

Losing the diamond from my engagement ring (only for MrC to miraculously find it on the kitchen floor 2 days later).  Ad then losing my debit card. 

Flukely good weather for Oct too although I only got one 4.5M run in the whole time and have GSR next weekend.

• Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭

Just popping into say WELL DONE Lotte - that's a fab time!  You have well and truly out-PBed me now!  I will not be challenging it any time soon - VLM 2012 probably, not sure I'm likely to run a marathon before that.

And great race Camlo, although sounds hideous!

JG, well done on the run, that's great going.  Hope the knee is nothing serious.  You are bound to feel low about N every now and then.  Just remind yourself how well he's now doing and what a picture of health he is.  You did nothing wrong and were in no way to blame for the late detection of his heart problem.  You just need to keep positive and enjoy him.

JohBo, really hope the MRI shows nothing untoward.  Cannot imagine how frustrated I'd feel in your position - you're doing well to sound so upbeat!

I managed to go completely the wrong way on my run this morning.  I mapped it out last night, then forgot I was looking at it up the other way so turned right down the bridleway instead of left.  I came out somewhere completely unexpected - although I knew exactly where that was! - and then had to use my knowledge of the area to work out a route 'on the fly' that was about the 10-ish miles I wanted to run.  When I was almost home I knew I hadn't quite gone far enough so added a bit at the end and managed to get semi-lost again so ran probably almost another mile out of my way.  Beautiful day though - cold and crisp - so I didn't mind really, although had had enough of the chill wind by the end.

More housey stuff today - hubby has ripped out the built-in cupboard in the living room.  It was pretty much floor to ceiling and dresser-style, not really what we want.  Couldn't believe it though - it was made of 1" thick MDF which weighed a ton, and each individual shelf was separately nailed into the wall as well as to the frame.  Hubby had to attack it with a sledgehammer in the end!  Room looks SO much better without it though!

• Options

well done, lotte image

sounds like some fab walking, cc.

11lb TB image!!!

great weekend here. had my 2 german ladies staying and did the concert on sat night.  the kids were hilarious with my guests.  J was dancing in and out of the pop-up peppa pig tent shouting 'you can't see me, Germans', which made me a bit image but was actually quite funny. my fault for calling them 'the Germans' to him - for a long time I didn't know their names, and then when i did, they were Sigrid and Siglinde, which was too hard for him to say!

took J to the doctors this morning as he woke up very groggy with a big welt-y rash up his arm and all down his leg.  once he got going he was fine; the rash was very marked though.  the doctor said 'i don't know why people come to us expecting us to have a crystal ball and know what things are. people have a lot of faith in doctors'.  ERR!??! i am sorry but - isn't that a doctor's job? to look at the available evidence / symptoms, and hazard a guess at a diagnosis?! he didn't ask any questions about J's general health, didn't ask if he had a temp, if he was eating / drinking etc - didn't even examine the rash properly - just looked at it from across the desk.  NOT impressed.  image

anyway - j had by then perked up, so i took him to school anyway and just warned the teachers in case he suddenly flopped.

• Options

oh and i wanted to ask you advice, ladies (and gent) to see if you think i am being unreasonable...

just after i moved out of the marital home, i noticed on a return visit that the upstairs smoke alarm had been taken down as (presumably) the battery had run out.  i thought - not great as the kids sleep upstairs and T bedroom downstairs, but at least there is one downstairs and i guess any fire is more likely to start downstairs.

when i was there at the weekend, i noticed that the downstairs was down as well as (presumably) that battery has now gone too.

it has really been worrying me.  i mean, if T wants to choke to death in a house fire, that is fine by me.  but - isn't it REALLY irresponsible not to replace the batteries in the smoke alarms when you have (MY)2 children in the house?  or am i just being an unreasonable control freak?

in the end i bought some replacement batteries and have given them to the nanny and asked her to try and put them in herself. 

is that out of order? i REALLY can't say anything to him as he will tell me it is not my problem - that i should butt out etc.  but it *is* my problem if my children choke to death in a house fire because he hasn't replaced the batteries because he (presumably) couldn't be bothered.

• Options

CM - I would say that you are not being at all unreasonable.  Surely unless he is being deliberately awkward (image) then if the nanny just replaces the batteries, there should be no need to even discuss it.  So glad you have had such a nice weekend with the children and 'the Germans'!

We have had a lovely weekend here.  Started with a great run out to the ocean on Saturday morning to see the early morning sun over the sea.  Then in the afternoon we had a pool party and barbecue here at the house for some of the running group - went on well into the evening with plenty of booze consumed.

Sunday morning Max & I joined the runners again for brunch at a lovely place by the sea followed by a walk along the beach, then in the evening we had a couple of friends over for dinner.

Got to think about packing now for our trip home, sooo not looking forward to the flight.

CC and Chynah, glad you both had good breaks and Chynah, amazing to find your diamond after losing it!

Well done Lotte and Camlo on great races and JG for getting out there.

OK, better get on with it!

• Options
    ChynahChynah ✭✭✭
    CM you are definitely not being unreasonable.  It's your childs safety so it is your business.Sounds like he is just being difficult and very irresponsible.  Hope the nanny manages to change them.
  • Options

thanks ladies.

the nanny is a star and has changed the batteries for me. if he even notices (which he won't), i will tell her to say that she asked me if i would happen to know where the spare batteries might be and i gave her some to take over there. that way i can be in the wrong (rather than her)... i really don't want to get her in trouble; but i am much happier now i know the alarms will work image

T is not incapable of leaving the ironed plugged in and switched on all day.  he has done this before many times. (he gets up in the morning and it is always a flat panic to get shirt ironed before getting kids up as he never irons a shirt the night before).  and now the utility room is a complete tip because i am not there to keep on top of it all - so there are piles of all sorts out there on the surfaces. and iron on + piles of rubbish = fire hazard...

• Options

That was definitely the right thing to do CM...

Fab news from Lotte, awesome. Hope it wasn't too cold last night. I was cold inside the house must admit!!

Is Abingdon good Lotte? Might get an entry in for next year. Not sure I'm going to be ready for London really. The midweek 15 mile runs at 6am are really putting me off!!

Poor little S is full of cold bless her. But she's in pretty good spirits really. Just hate that snot attaching to boob thing when feeding. Urrgghh! image

Had good weekend here. Night out was very nice, so nice to talk and have a drink even if it was in Yeovil!! Sleeping there was another issue. House is sooo small, and bed is tiny, so never sleep well there, but means to an end. Rushed back yesterday as boys had a party in the morning. I went for a run and left hubbie with 3 kids. Ha Ha! he coped fine of course. 12 miles done for me yesterday anyway at 8 min miling.

Did 5 miles with buggy at lunchtime, with S all wrapped up.

Just trying to get organised for boys birthday on thursday and Pirate Party on Sunday afternoon. Can't believe my little men are going to be 4. Really can't believe it...image

• Options

Glad you had good times away CC and Chynah. Amazing about your diamond really.

Also fab racing to Camlo, sounded rather tough I must admit.

Whats the weather like over there now TT? Are you looking forward to trip back here? Are you in Swindon? I wonder if we could meet up somehow?

• Options
    I'm sure I heard it was -4c in Oxfordshire at night over the weekend - ouch!

CC - hope the review news isn't too dire.

CM - I would have done the same - v important to make sure they work otherwise what's the point!

Joh - hope your knees aren't anything apart from the relaxin. I'm so chuffed that all my probs are just about sorted at the moment apart from the odd bit of pain now and again.
  • Options

OMG MM  - 4 years old already image.

Weather here is just perfect now - around 26-28 degrees and sunny.  Sooo not looking forward to the cold image.

We will be staying at our place in Swindon so it would be fab if we could meet MM - we will be really busy but maybe an opportunity will arise??  Do you ever go into Swindon?

OK, got to start my packing image.

• Options

MM - do you want some more clothes for S? i have a few bags which i can drop your way sometime...

TT - message me when you are in UK.  i may be popping past swindon...

• Options
    CM - that would be cool, we will be there from Wednesday evening for 4 weeks.  Let me know when you are passing.  Will be fun to be back on the same time zone as you all so I'm not talking to myself at night!!
  • Options

CM - def did right thing as far as smoke alarms go, i suspect if you had tried to raise the subject with T he would have deliberately left them hanging for even longer just to get to you. I was told recently that all house fire deaths last year were in houses with no smoke alarms or the batteries removed, so they work!

Camryn had her 1st tummy bug on Sunday night, threw up all over her bed at 3am. Wee soul had't even sat up as she's never been sick so had no idea what was happening, she was just lying there screaming with sick all down her neck and in her hair. Had to give her a bath in the middle of the night . Fortunately she hasn't been sick again and it so far hasn't progressed to diarhoea.

TT;0)

• Options
    Aww poor Camryn, I can remember Martha's first bug she just kept saying 'It comes out my mouth' - ewk!

I stalled the potty training as she really can't tell when she needs to wee, however she did a poo in the potty this afternoon and has now conked out wearing pants - think I will be lucky to not have a wee incident later. The presence of the scooter was what got her to poo in the potty I think!
  • Options

Kinsey - we've always found the first week is the worst for potty training with lots of accidents and changing wet knickers umteen times a day but then something just clicks and they suddenly get it. Poos in the potty are a great start though, there's nothing worse than having to scrape poo out of little knickers - bleeeeuuurrgh!

TT - hope Camryn is feeling better soon.

And don't think I've said my well done to Lotte since her race - that's a fab time, must be very satisfying to know that all your hard work has paid off. Think you're totally mad for camping in this weather though ...image!

• Options

Yes TT. Just been there today to the soft play centre off junction 16. Boys now tired and chilled out, but being a bit of a nightmare. Not sure if its a new phase, end of half term or what, but they are being pretty bad just now. So happy to come to your house, or meet. Might be easier without boys, or could meet at Lydiard Park and boys can play while we have coffee.

Yes please to clothes CM. She still hasn't grown out of 0-3 months mind and she's 5 months this week. Where has that time gone??!! TB, my little Sophie is 12lb3 now, well she was 3 weeks ago, not sure now to be fair, so 11lbs blows my mind!!!

Right need to order food for party, get washing in, make boys tea and then get ready for club run tonight. Sounds like its another evil fast rep session image. Have just had some chocolate to make sure I'm ready for it!!!

• Options
    Heard the news so (()) Cragchick.
  • Options
    Yes, have been thinking of you CC and just seen the news. Hope you're all ok.