Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options

Thanks JB - he's still pretty whingey and pulling at his ears but no dribbling.  We're going away a week on Friday so I just hope this gets it out of the way!

I had a good run again this morning, 3 mins quicker than my normal time round that route for the second time, but in the last mile I could feel my knee starting to niggle again image and by the last half mile I was having to stop and stretch every few 100m so didn't manage a sprint finish.  It is now hurting like hell when I go down the stairs, but only sporadically so it must be when I move it in a certain way.  It really twinges  - ouch!  It's exactly the same as it was after I had Sophie so at least I have some idea what I can do to treat/prevent it.  It's just so frustrating when you finally start to run better and have to stop.

Anna/"pyana" - lol image

• Options

ooo i know crazy potholed eastern european roads well, johbo. don't envy you them!

just done10.25 miles. furthest i've done in AGES. and i can tell as well. ho hum...

• Options

Your legs will be all better in the morning after a good nights sleep CM. That's what I always tell myself after my LSR, it's true too. Good nights sleep does wonders for muscle repair.

9.3 miles for me so legs feeling quite fresh compared to how they feel after 13.7miles. Running buddy and I alternate our long run between the two distances as she has a bad knee and it can just about cope with the long runs if we keep it to every two weeks.

Right I'm off to do some ultra research, have decided I'm definitely going to attempt some. Got my 1st marathon in May next year, plan to do another marathon later in the year-haven't looked into what one yet, then start training for an ultra. Quite fancy this one http://clydestride.webnode.com/race-information/ for a starter race, as it's nice and flat along the canal and I already do some of my LSR on part of this route. Won't be til 2013 so long way off yet but quite excited about it already. Might feel differently after my 1st marathon mind you image. But plan on doing lots of reading about ultras first before I even start training and sure I'll be picking your brain lots CC for advice and info.

TT ;0)

• Options

Karen- I will never forget the DOMS I had after my first session with personal trainer. I had 11 sessions before my wedding 5 years ago and I was running 5 times a week so reasonably fit, would even run 6miles to my session so I didn't have to do any warm up or cardio and could concentrate on toning exercises. But after the 1st session I couldn't even stand up straight for at least 4 days, was in total agony. Abs and shoulders were completely knackered and laughing was very painful. It was horrendous, fortunately none of the other sessions hurt that much.

TT ;0)

• Options
    Wow TT, that's a good LSR. I managed 4.5m today in the end, but it felt tough.

Caro, we're going for a week in the Tatra mountains (on the border with Slovakia), so hoping for some nice weather for walks. Sounds like your pace is coming back nicely.

Ugh, hubby still at work, got heartburn, nothing on tv and trying to stay away from galaxy caramel in the fridge...bored! Really should get on with some chores but cba!
  • Options
    Oh, and my numbers challenge started 1st of Jan- originally for the whole year 1,000m run, 500m cycle, 50m swim. Going to do the swimming in the 2nd half of the year, cut the running to 50% and see how the cycling goes later this year. I can feel my ITB and knees starting to go, so I really need to get the running part finished. Like you, TT, I'm planning 2 mara's next year but only really expecting a decent go for Berlin in Sept. I do need something to work tirades though! image
  • Options
    *towards!! iPhone spell check really pees me off sometimes!
  • Options

Getting ready for our anniversary meal out but wondering if I should bother at all as Anna has chosen tonight to decide she's not going to settle image. Normally goes off no problem but she's been in her cot complaining for the last half an hour. Wouldn't be so bad if we had family babysitting but it's one of the neighbours so not sure how Anna will react to someone she doesn't know so well coming in to settle her if she cries later on. Oh well, there's always the bottle of cava in the fridge if we have to cut our evening short ...

• Options
    oh JohBo that sounds fab - i spent 3 weeks in slovakia in the tatras area. the most amazing place we went to was right in the east sandwiched between the ukraine, poland and slovakia. i think it might have been nova sedlica looking at the map. we stayed in an inn in the most idylic place ever. really old fashioned haystacks, wooden churches. and empty spaces - thick forests. amazing place. i am jealous...
  • Options

ooh that just does sound nice, I'll have to look it up! image

• Options
    My sister went to the tatras for her honeymoon
  • Options

Wow some great running again - and I can add a 6 mile to it, hurrah! Was slow and I panted like a dehydrated dog all the way but at least I had trainers on and I was going quicker than a walk....

hope the germs clear -esp for those going off on hols, you'd think in these modern times we would getting healthier but compared to my nan's generation we are all a bunch of sick pots....

Not envying the long drives planned JB and TT- with the kids being small even 20 miles needs planning.

Karen-I'd love to do circuits or boot camp but struggle to commit to anything at the moment. Sounds tough but it will pay dividends I'm sure (its always in the magazine about cross training and doing 'core').

RB- hope you've had a lovely day with your wee man, I have to say my hubby was a little ungrateful when presented with the painted rock Archie had done..... he said 'oh thanks Archie, is it a paperweight?' and Archie said 'no daddy, its a tone' (stone).

• Options
    Yay, Anna slept the whole time we were out. So had tiger prawn starter,then steak on a pate covered crostini with parsnip crisps. And a bottle of red wine to share .. lovely night.
  • Options

oh no to the spews, cc. and blimey - what an effort on your 10k after such a night. madness!

my legs are feeling the 10.25 i did yesterday. should do some more today really. have to take my car into the garage in a mo so they can assess the damage. also REALLY need to book haircut at some point. seriously shaggy look going on at the moment!

i have my window cleaner here now. the problem with having your windows cleaned from the outside is that you can then see they need doing on the inside!!!!! esp with the sun streaming through.

proud mummy alert - J started swimming lessons on a sunday (had been going on a thurs after school but now he will be going to afterschool club on a thurs as it is T's day) on the same swimming course but a different teacher. she has said that he is ready for the  next level. image he is doing so well. and the  best thing is that he is loving it and asks all the time if he can go swimming.

• Options

I'm a bit busy to post at the moment but just popping in to say thanks for the fathers day wishes. Yes, I had a nice day. LB had made me an "interesting" 3-D card which had an empty yoghourt carton and raisin box stuck on the front of it. I expect the strange juxtaposition was the effect he was looking for...He also then "helped me" to eat the chocolate fish he had bought me... Apart from all that we had a great time playing in the park in the morning, then a local family fun day in the afternoon. I decided I wanted haggis/neeps/tatties for dinner, and was pleased that LB enjoyed it too.

CC I liked the "Scarlett woke me up at 5am for unspecified reason" bit... Sounds like hard work in your house at the moment (and you JT).

And I hope your ear is getting better PP. Nasty.

Karen Glad you made it out at that Anna behaved.

JohBo When you say 1,000m run you do mean miles not metres don't you?

CM Did you go to the Tatras on Aunty Eva's recommendation?

I went on strike once when I was a dustman, but only because they were trying to send us out onto icy pavements when it was too dangerous (bins were carried in those days). We suggested we might clear the pavements instead but they said "no". I have to say that most strike action seems mis-directed to me. As others have said, it hurts the wrong people and usually gets nowhere anyway. Anyone remember the miners' strike? Or the printworkers?

• Options
    glad you had a nice day, R_B. the tatras wasn't really on Eva's recommendation. i had been to czech republic after my A levels as i had a czech friend (whom I had met on a language course in austria) and we did a bit of travelling around there. then i went to slovakia on interrail after uni and loved the tatras. that's the main reason i went back in 99 (i think it was). from what i remember, we flew to vienna, then got the train to prague, then from prague to kosice, then hired a car from kosice and drove all over the place, then back to bratislava and then the train back to vienna. it was a great holiday!
  • Options
    ChynahChynah ✭✭✭

Just popping in to say congrats to Vixo - fab name too!

Tonsilitis back here (N) so busy trying to entertain 2 bored toddlers and its wet out!

Wil have to catch up properly soon but think it will prabably take me all week!

• Options

Eek house sold but ran out of hours in the day to make offer on new place.

Didn't enjoy the selling.  First couple offered and we rejected outright and they upped by £5K immediately to the property value.  So then because another couple had noted interest we went back and said to them we've got an offer (you don't say how much) and then leave it to them to offer.  Well they beat the other couple by £500 but tbh £500 is neither here nor there.  In the end we had to just go with what felt right and so accepted first offer as they have sold to her parents and her parents have a written offer to purchase their property whereas the second couple only had a verbal offer on their own.  What a mare.  Felt like money grabbing cow even though took the lower offer!  Then thought I must need head read as after all £500 is a fair way into a double glazed window!

Spending tonight on ESPC website downloading lots of home reports for possible places to live if we don't get the one we want at the price we want.  Found the most horrific bedroom I have ever seen.  Had to laugh.  But if you can see past that and the ancient kitchen, bathroom, doors etc. it's actually a very spacious house so it might be worth a look. Tried to put a link in but can't get it to work at all.  house

Just need to double check catchment but I imagine it's Liberton Primary which is a good primary.  Senior is a disaster but hoping to go private for secondary.

PP I hope you got an appointment today.

We have got 3 bars on the old monitor tonight but Andy is not feeling well and he kept me awake last night sneezing and snivelling til I got up and got him 2 zirtek and made him take them and hey presto the sneezing stopped.  MEN.  If he would just accept that  he has hayfever and bloody treat it life would be a lot easier.

What am I going to eat tonight?  Hmm.  Suspect it may be soup! 

• Options
    That is quite some bedroom! I have just eaten my body weight in pasta and am heading to bed with my book. Really didn't sleep well last night.
  • Options

night night Caro.

soup it is.  and I suspect soup it will be for months and indeed years to come as we attempt to pay off this new mortgage. 

• Options

Well done Janie.  If you like what you do in life then going back is never going to be as bad as you think.  Can't imagine what it would be like to go back to a job you genuinely loathe.

Am upstairs faffing about on internet as Andy now asleep on sofa.  There's going to be no ugly bumping for us tonight methinks!

• Options

I think I just ordered a home report I've already ordered weeks ago.  What a chump.

• Options

oh yes that wallpaper is fab, EF! i saw one recently that had wallpaper with reeds all over the ceiling, walls... nice!

hope you have a quiet night tonight, CC. E has been waking up on and off in the night - she did it to T as well apparently. she got him up at 1.20am on friday morning to find her 'lippy' in her cot (she has a plastic make-up set which she won in a fairground!).  i don't think he was impressed. tonight she wouldn't go to sleep. i came back upstairs after i had cleared and washed-up and she was whining 'mummeeeeeee. mumeeeeeeeee'. i went in and she said 'i so scared, mummy. i really scared. i poorly too. need medicine. it's not dark. i need a hug. and kisses. and medicine'. trying it on, i reckon!!

J had a letter home from school saying he can have violin or cello lessons from next term. he is dead set on cello for some reason. image anyway, he has been doing music sessions (which are free) on a saturday morning with the Gwent Music Support Service and seems to enjoy them (as in, he never moans about going), but T was rumbling on about him maybe doing rugby or something instead. so i thought, well, if he's doing music lessons at school, perhaps he could do rugby or something on a saturday instead. so i asked him if he would like to do rugby rather than music and he said 'no. not rugby. i want to do running. i want to do running instead of music'.  bless though - eh! a boy after my own heart! not sure there's anywhere that will 'do running' for 5 yr olds though!

• Options

congrats on selling your house EF and on getting the asking price. That's no mean feat in this economic climate.

I'm on antibiotics again for my ear. Hopefully this course will sort me out. I'm starting to wonder if this baby has got himself confused and is trying to come out of me ear....! 

• Options

Wow fab wallpaper, that would give you nightmares sleeping in that room.

TT ;0)

• Options

Don't know what is going on with my pic, tried to change it days ago and it's not happening????

TT ;0)