Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options

So common at this late stage of pregnancy PP, think body just saying 'right I've had enough now eject eject'.

TT ;0)

• Options

Yay EF on the house sale, as PP says  thats good going in these times. Nice, spacious house in Liberton, fab wallpaper image. My friend stays in Liberton. handy for Ikea!!!

Oh poor you PP, hope the a/b's do the trick before labour commences! Good luck.

CM - they do anything at night to prolong you leaving the room eh?! Ha ha to the 'lippy', sounds like my girls! Cute that J wants to 'do running'!

Janie - glad work wasn't to bad. I am dreading going back in October after being of for a year.

CC - wow to the run after hardly any sleep and great time.  Have you heard of the great wilderness challenge? Its in Poolewe normally in August but this year for only one year its being held in Kintail. Its your kinda race. Of road, across rivers, up mountains etc etc!!! I have done the 13 mile run twice and there is a 25 miler for the hardy (like you!) but this year its 18 miles. Check it out.

Drizzly rubbish midgy weather today. Have sore quads today as went on a 6 mile hill run yesterday as hubby had a days holiday. Was totally knackered and am full of the cold but had to take the opportunity whilst he was of.  Really enjoyed it; lovely and peaceful! Then had yoga last night.

Mara's naming ceremony went really well. Had about 45 adults and 20 odd kiddies in the village hall. Was lovely catching up with family and friends. M was clingy and not quite her usual self as she also has the cold so hubby and I had to pass her back and fore through out the day. She cried nearly tthe whole of Sat. night so I had no sleep, was like death warmed up on Sunday. Also R was up screaming with her sore legs she always gets, its was awful. Hubby wasn't much help as he was pissed, grrrrrrr. We were all in bed by 7.40pm on Sunday night!!

Better go and get organised for lunch I suppose image

• Options
    Hi, everyone's quiet today. Just had a quick question about balance bikes. We can't think of anything for the grandparents to get for m's b day so that seems the obvious choice. The makes everyone talks about seem to be puky and isla - is that right? Has anyone got either of those? Also would you recommend getting one with a hand brake?
    3 mile plod for me this afternoon and pilates later.
  • Options

CC- I know what you mean about asking for sponsorship all the time. Have you asked a local business/ shop of you can put a collecting tin on their counter. I had tins in the local garages before VLM and each one had between £20 and £50 after about a month. Our local shop keeper is a runner and has a bucket on the front of his counter with the most recent number or race detail on it. I'm sure most people only drop their small change in but it does add up.

RF- 6 miles of hill run is great, your naming day sounds stressful but as you say nice to meet up with people.

balance bikes- think ours a halfords special but it's fine and the kids grow quickly so if it's only for 1 child I wouldn't worry. Main thing I didn't like about the posher version Tom had was the position of the handlebars- he didn't use his half as much as Archie does.

Strikes- just realised the day my sis and aunt had planned out may be scuppered by the strike!! Would rather the mums clubbed together a tenner each and bought a supply teacher for the day... or is that not appropriate?

First of the summer cross country league tomorrow- don't feel 100% and it's a good hour away but I would have got the age cat placing last yr if I had done 1 more race so I want to go....

Right apprentice beckons.....

• Options
    oops maybe not- thought it was on Tuesdays....
  • Options

imagefed up. bid on new house.  ok it was a cheeky one but then they said oh we've just gone to a fixed price (at the price it was previously "offers in the region of")  and anyway there's a bloke coming up tomorrow from Oxford to view it and he's dead keen.  Then they call back and say we've changed it back to offers in the region of.  Yeah I bet you bloody have cos if this guy exists (and house been on 6 months with no sale so hae ma doots) then you want us to get into a bidding war and go to a closing date so we blind bid against one another.  Er no. Not doing that.  In fact I may withdraw my offer tomorrow so you can't even say to him that you have an offer at all.  I just hate the fact that I am being played in a way I tried to avoid doing to anyone after our place.  It certainly doesn't make me think I must find an extra £5K to get it, I think if he is mad enough to offer over value then he can have it. But I suspect he's thinking it's on at x and I can probably get it for 20K less than that cos as far as I can see the English system has an asking price which is generally the top price you might expect to get or am I way off on that?

Grrrrrr.

And the weather is SHIT.

• Options

JT- with my relationship with the head teacher I have no intention of asking her anything!!! If my sis and I have to keep our kids off then hopefully we can bundle them off to a play area and still grab our coffee (just won't be part of a spa or shopping day). Really do sympathize with the predicament you are all in - hope solutions are found before next wk.

Can you take your group to a big hill and get them to do reps (ha ha cruel...) 

• Options

Balance bikes - we got the halford cheapest ones for the twins. They seem fine.

Busy week here. Hubby been away from Monday and gets home on the last flight Thurday and then I am out on the first flight on Friday.  So much to do between now and then I feel quite swamped.Having to do extra work this week too. Ho hum. Did get a 5 mile run in today but feet still quite sore.

Right need to get on with stuff and try not to be too late to bed. Will try and get more time to chat tomorrow!

• Options

oooh lotte. hope you are ok. am a bit worried that you will break yourself in IoW...

EF - nightmare. buying houses always is though.

still don't know what is happening here with the strike -ie is school open or shut. thurs is T's day so not my problem, except .... he is going abroad with work, so it IS now my problem. in fact, i have the kids from this friday until weds next week, when he is supposed to have them back. except he's going abroad weds - fri nights, so ... oh dear. looks like i have them for a week then imageimageimageimageimage

so i am off with them on mon and tues and working weds - fri. they are in nursery / school + wrap around on weds, then who knows what on thurs, and then T is supposed to be off on the Fri with them (he does 9 day fortnight normally), except he is abroad, so again - errrm... my problem. hmmmm. can't take any more leave at the moment, so looks like i'm trying to get E into nursery that day while J at school.

it would be the first week we have no nanny, wouldn't it?! i'm not actually complaining though because it is precisely the problem i want to have. can you imagine, though, if i was doing it to T? in fact i can never imagine a situation where i would do it to T. there is no way on this planet i would be going abroad with work when i should be having the kids. NO WAY!!!

• Options

Hmm I am in such a bad mood that I just replied to several of the "yourmove" estate agents emails which suggested properties which "met my search criteria" to say actually they didn't meet my criteria at all as they weren't in Edinburgh and would they stop wasting my time with suggestions which were pointless.  They were suggesting properties in Livingston and Dunfermline and Midlothian.  I typed Edinburgh into the search engine thingy and on top of that I said houses only so they suggested, and it was the only Ed property they did suggest, a fricking flat in Tollcross.

• Options
    Oh dear EF...........hope you managed to get some sleep!

Lotte - we will be very close to you this wk end in the new forest. I keep checking the weather, and although it's prob a little warner that you'd like, it's looking ok for camping and Peppa Pig World - phew!

Thanks for all the bike info. I guess it will do her at least a yr, and a subsequent child a yr, so worth getting a decent one - esp as the grandparents are sharing the cost between the lot of them.
  • Options

Caro- get one with an adjustable seat height- my boys started on the lowest but Tom hung on to his for quite  a while on the top height. There are some wooden ones about which are fixed I think (my sis had one but it's not been used at all for some reason, child just doesn't 'do' biking!)

Lotte- was dreaming about you and hubby waving to each other at the airport as he landed and you were boarding, hope you get a wee bit more time than that!

Yawning full stop- Archie's bag wasn't draining last night and he was getting pains so in the end we had to change his dressing so I could give the catheter a twist, moving it did the trick and he we all headed to bed about 1am.

• Options

oh dear, camlo. glad you worked out what it was... hope you don't feel too bad.

i had a terrible night. E has been a pain to settle in the evenings recently - messing around and asking for things. last night, she did it for an hour but i mosly ignored her.  then at 1220 she woke and started again. i checked she hadn't pooed, been sick, didn't have temp, then i left her to it. at 0430 she was still going. and eventually i was worried she would wake J as she was screaming blue murder so i went in and gave her medicine, which she had been asking for all along.

no idea what is wrong with her. suspect nothing, but can't be sure. argh! i am so tired and have to go to work now... slept 11ish till 1220 and then from 5 till 6.30...

• Options

Oh dear, some matchsticks required on here today image.  Hope Archie is more settled now Camlo.  CM - it's hard to know isn't it whether they're just mucking about or not.  I guess you just have to go on knowing your own child, but even then they keep you guessing!

Nicholas has finally got his 4th tooth, he's been grumbling all week and waking up in the night.  Hooray.  I'm starting to think that he's not going to crawl at all and just walk, he's suddenly got very sturdy on his feet.  Nearly 11 months...where did that time go?!

I've started doing my physio exercises again in an attempt to sort my knee out.  Should have been doing them all along really but just never remember image.

Feeling TOTM at the mo, rubbish.  I just can't stick to my diet, particularly at this time of the month, I annoy myself!  And part of me keeps thinking we're going on holiday in just over a week and that's going to mean a week of eating cr*p anyway, although I am doing a charity 10k race on the 10th July, such bad timing!

• Options

can't believe N is nearly 11 months, JG!

i am fairly comatose now. not sure what is going on with E. she was complaining of tummy ache this morning and has been on and off for days. wondering if it is possible to be constipated and yet still pooing most days. she is not eating much at the moment, so i never give her fruit unless she finishes her main course. she is not finishing mains so never gets fruit. she doesn't seem very hungry. but the poos that she is doing are small and fairly well formed, but not totally brick like. harder than normal. am feeling bad now as am thinking she was actually in pain in the night and i was ignoring her. it was hard to know what to do because she asks for medicine for herself / her toys all the time, so when she kept asking for it, i thought she was just scamming!

• Options
    Hi, everyone's quiet today. Just had a quick question about balance bikes. We can't think of anything for the grandparents to get for m's b day so that seems the obvious choice. The makes everyone talks about seem to be puky and isla - is that right? Has anyone got either of those? Also would you recommend getting one with a hand brake?
    3 mile plod for me this afternoon and pilates later.
  • Options
    EF - great you have sold your place, shame purchasing is a hassle - fingers crossed you get something sorted!

Lotte - good luck for the games!! Really exciting!

Caro - we got the Early Rider balance bike which is not as popular as the scooter with Martha but I'm hoping Aidan will use it more, he is already showing an interest although its a little heavy for him right now.

CM - hope you aren't too tired. Martha used to wake up randomly in the night - could it be any last teeth coming through or has she got them all?

JG - I have no self control with food at TOTM either (or when I'm about to go on hols!).

Rubbish weather here, have got a loaf of bread on the go and a lemon drizzle cake in the over so all is not lost!
  • Options
    tallbirdtallbird ✭✭✭

Should be unpacking boxes / getting house a bit more sorted ready for visitors arriving tomorrow (both boys asleep - hurrah!) but I really want to know whether Vixo has had her baby yet?  Can someone summarise for me please?  image

Ta. x

• Options

ooh CC, your run sounds lovely!

EF, I don't envy you the house buying at all. At least you've got yours sold though so it's one less thing to stress about. 

Well, I've nothing to tell, I'm still pregnant. Just waiting for Abi to stop singing "twinkle twinkle" and go to sleep so that I can have a nap too! 

• Options

TB - yes, she has. eliza ann 6lb12oz (i think) on friday last week. in a record 1hr 30 mins!!

JT - ooo i would love to know if it's him. his school jumper is red. but little boys with short hair all look vaguely alike, don't they?!

am hanging but E seems fine. she has done two big but hard-ish poos. perhaps it is just a bug. she keeps waking up very hot. she also still has four teeth to come but won't let me look inside her mouth. madam!!

• Options
    I'm not convinced vixo would call it a record - sounded like she was having contractions for about 2 days prior to the final accelerated effort!
  • Options
    Yes, I have! Little baby girl - Eliza Ann. She was born on Friday, and after the rather tedious build up, I had a good nights sleep on Thursday when all the contractions had stopped, and then my waters went suddenly on friday at about 11.45 and she was born less than 2 hours later!

We're all doing well although I have one seriously sore nipple from feeding. Her latch has been really good throughout so I think it's just one of those things. I suddenly remembered today that I had some nipple shields in the avent stuff, and that was much more comfortable for the last feed.

Caro - I was going to say that the islabike might be a bit expensive since you'll probably only get about a years use out of it, but if someone else is buying it, and you're dead right that it will last for number two...I'd go for one. Isabelle has learnt to use her brake which I think will be an advantage for moving on to the next bike, and the saddle has got a good range of heights. Isabelle is just over a metre tall and is nearing the top of the saddle height, but could definitely use the bike for a while yet. She first started using it when she was 2, so I think it's probably got a good two years worth of use in it. Anyway, enough of that or I'll turn into a bike bore (can you tell that bikes are an important part of our lives!!).

Hmm, can't remember much else. Hope everyone gets some more sleep (we're not doing too badly, but hubby is still off so I'm getting a lie in in the morning while he gets up with Isabelle - we'll see how things go the week after next when he's back at work!), and EF, I hope you get your house purchase sorted, it's such a frustrating and irritating thing to go through.

Tallbird - I will try and email you about the babyjogger. Am definitely interested - can't wait to get back out there!