Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options

TB- do you have a Trespass near you? They often have waterproofs for kids in the sale at this time of year. Lots of supermarkets seem to have wellies in just now, altho that might just be in Scotlandimage.

TT ;0)

• Options
    tallbirdtallbird ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys - I think wellies pretty easy to come by but waterproofs not so much. My own fault, knew z needed some just hadn't got round to it. Feel silly now though.

We have a Lidl 5 doors down from our new house & an aldi over the road from that so when the running gear comes around I will be sorted (and taking orders image ).

Can't believe how much rain there has been. And the forecast is looking wet for the next week as well. Bah.

• Options
    Millets or a camping type shop should have some waterproofs? It says light rain on the bbc for here and its been chucking it down for an hour and I have to take the pram to p-school. Time to test just how waterproof my Merrell coat is!! In fact I'm going to wear my waterproof trousers too.
  • Options

CC, lol at the idea of your washing machine being full of random stuff during the viewings.

EF good luck with the viewings. It's a frustrating time trying to sell your house. I hated it and was soooo happy when we finally accepted an offer. 

Well. today looks set up to be a crappy old day. So far I've stripped Abi's  bed down as she'd been sick in the night, given her a bath (where she fell over after standing up in in and proceeded to scream the house down) and had an argument with Mr PP who's stormed off to work. All before 0730 - great! 

• Options
    Ooh hello! Good luck to Vixo - and PP!! - for a smooth delivery. Waiting for news!

It's taken me some days to catch up- I've realised it's because I now sleep while J sleeps!

..and then he wakes.. Back later!
  • Options
    not great day here either. got hit by a window guard flying off a portable office on the back of a lorry on the M25. it hit another car first, bounced off them and then hit me. image
  • Options

Boo CM - are you/car OK?  Was the guy even aware?

Rainy here too.  Need it to be sunny the wk after next.........

TB - I am assuming that Hollands Wood campsite isn't going to book up as it says it has 600 pitches?  We want to go for 3 nights from next Sat, but am not booking till I can see an accurate weather forecast!

A friend of hubby's stayed last night and I took him on a 4 mile run.  Only 8.40 or so pace, but leg feels fine image  Going to attempt 5 on Sunday.......

• Options

didn't stop as M25, caro. don't think the lorry even knew. at first i wasn't sure which lorry it came off, but i worked it out when i went past it. i have phoned the haulage company to tell them. i need to contact my insurers now. car has a huge dent in driver door. am sure it will need a new door. i am ok but fed up as more hassle now to get it assessed / replaced etc. hassle i don't need...

good news re: leg. i would KILL for 'only 8.40' pace...

• Options
    It is the hassle factor that's always the worst in these things, and you can guarantee they will deny it even when you do call them.  Hubby got hit by a Robery Wiseman Lorry a few yrs ago on the A14, the guy didn't stop and then denied it even though several witnesses helped hubby, took down reg details etc etc. - He was left on the opposite carriageway facing the wrong way, but fortunately there was no oncoming traffic!  He was almost due to go to court - all the way up in Northamptonshire, before the guy admitted liability.
  • Options
    CC - your run yesterday sounded lovely. Boo to the spew. How is she/everyone else today?

CM - boo about the car. Not what you need.

PP - hope your day improves too.

Vixo - are you still there... any updates. Very excited. Thank you so much for your offer. Really lovely of you and would have taken you up on it but you are otherwise occupied at the moment (and certainly will be by then!) Is it far from the airport to ferry?

Still paining the kitchen. Just a second coat on one wall to go and then the facings/skirtings. Really pleased with how its looking though. Will nip into town while the twins are at nursery and see what I can find for covering the floor.

Did a my first speed session in 7 weeks last night. We met at the track but actually did a tempo session on 2 mile loop. 3 x 2 mile reps (1 @HMP, 2 @10k pace) , averages for the 2 mile reps were (7.00/6.39/6.36mm)pleased with that after such a long lay off. Feel like I am getting back well but the games are just way too soon, never mind I will give it my best on the day. Had also done 18 miles on the bike at early o'clock yesterday so being good and having a rest day today - no great hardship since it is bucketing down and windy.

Hope the weather improves for you campers.
  • Options

Hayfever is hellish today and will be Monday before my repeat prescription for eye drops and nasal spray are ready to pick up. Itchy itchy itchy ITCHY! Ears, eyes, throat & nose AAARRRGGGHHH! My own fault I do this every year, leave off getting extras and just pop the tablets then the pollen changes or count goes up and I'm a snottering, sneezing, itchy, red mess.

TT ;0)

• Options

image takes me almost as long to run a km as lotte can run a mile inimage

TT ;0)

• Options
    I'll give you a tenner for your chosen charity if you do it CC! lol.
  • Options
    tallbirdtallbird ✭✭✭

Don't know about the campsite Caro - you can never predict these things, but I don't blame you wanting to wait with the weather so horrid!

Managed to get the boys some new waterproofs at the local army surplus shop this morning, also bought myself some Hunter wellies.  Not really a welly person, but keep thinking they would be handy and now I have some image  Picked up a pair of wellies for Z in Sainsburys - seemingly the only pair of size 8 wellies in the world!   They are Doctor Who ones, which is not something we watch, but they did turn out to be £2.70 when I got them to the till so can't complain!   We are all ready to go now.  Well, just have to pack!  The beer's in though image

Just phoned the VLM office to change my address (couldn't help applying in the ballot) and the lady that answered the phone was a right miserable cow.   I mean super mardy.   Customer services clearly not really her thing! 

Sounds a bit scary CM. Glad you are OK even if your car isn't!

Some good running going on - sounds like you have managed to keep your fitness up Lotte so you might be alright at the games, especially if you have low expectations - isn't that often the way it works?

Caro - you take it easy now, don't want to get hurt again! 

TT - boo to the hayfever - hard to believe it can be so bad when the weather is so terrible.  Unfair really.

CC -  love the sound of your run, especially the river paddling.  You always paint a great picture of your adventures.  

I must run again tonight.  Have only managed a couple of 3 milers and I feel like a right old crone.  Everything seems to hurt at the moment - worse than when I started at the Chiropractor, but he seems to think that is normal as my body gets used to being all correctly aligned and the under functioning muscles get working.  I don't like it!  

Also, here's a thing, I have lost nearly half a stone in the last couple of months without really trying.  I am assuming it is from the stress of moving, not really sitting down most days, still feeding E, etc because I haven't stopped eating (although it's possible I am eating less between meals) and I am running less than I was.  I am lighter than I have been in probably 15 years.  Starting to get a bit worried about it if I'm honest - do you think I should go to the doctors, or give it a couple of weeks and see if it evens out?  

• Options

As long as you're not underweight for your height TB I wouldn't worry - if you are BF and snacking less, plus running after Z then you are going to be burning alot of energy without trying.

Where are you off camping?  I did go to the booking page for the campsite yesterday and it certainly seemed to have space, so will leave it a while longer.........

Don't worry, I am taking it easy......2 more days at work ahead before any running - I really don't feel the need to get home at 7.30pm and head straight out the door running when I am not training for anything!

• Options

Wow another mammoth reading session to catch up. Hope the baby arrivals go smoothly and we hear some good news soon.

CM- how come when things are stressful enough the crap still happens to us???? Hope you get the car fixed. A van scraped my car in the supermarket last yr and drove away but luckily a local driving instructor knew who it was and came to find me. Some people are so reckless.

Toenails- my niece managed to pull another 2 off this week so I've now lost 4 since the mara....nice...

have had the flu and conjuctivitis so no running hear but to be honest with all the other crap I'm not as stir crazy as normal! I did get the prize for over 35 for our 5k series even though I missed the last one, I'm really chuffed as it's my first age cat award ever!

Went to a meeting on Tues to represent the toddler group and received a total tongue lashing including accusations of fraud, lying and theft from our local headmistress (yes, Tom goes to the school...). Came home shell shocked and feeling like a naughty school girl but have written a stonking letter clarifying all matters for her to shove where the sun doesn't shine.

Back later!

• Options
    You can just see the headlines now 'local toddler group is cover up for massive crime syndicate'......what nonsense!
  • Options

Hi all,

Long time no post (successfully!).  Been trying to keep up but never seem to get any further!  N has just woken up crying so I may have to disappear again...  I'm blaming teeth, as usual!

Well my little girl turned 3 on Tuesday image and was the happiest girl in Sheffield for sure.  Unfortunately the party was a total washout with heavy rain set in from lunchtime all afternoon and into the evening on Sunday image.  Got quite stressed about it as the forecast kept changing so literally didn't make a decision until 10am on Sunday - party due to start at 12.30pm!  So in the end, instead of a picnic at the miniature railway with about 13 of Sophie's little friends/acquaintances, 3 of her loyal/foolish/hardy friends came with us and rode round on the trains for about an hour and a half in the pouring rain!  I was so glad they came, Sophie loved it - kids really don't care about getting wet do they?!  Had to abandon the picnic obviously, so invited people to our house afterwards for cake.  Unfortunately I hadn't really added up how many adults were coming, so we ended up cramming  32 people (inc 9 3-ish year olds) into our living room image!  It was all very calm and civilised, just quite tiring chatting to everyone although grandparents did a fab job in the kitchen cutting and serving cake and drinks.   And Sophie had a ball image.

Grandparents (in-laws) left on Sunday evening after the party, then my mum came on Monday and just left today.  I was surprisingly calm with her, normally she winds me up a treat!  I think she was making an effort to be fair.  She couldn't resist one comment about us leaving the lights on though (we were in the living room in the evening and had left the 2 kitchen lights on, one of which is energy saving...shock horror!) and even said "don't you care about the environment and saving electricity?" - I was livid image!  I ignored her for the rest of the evening, didn't say goodnight, and even in the morning she said "you didn't say goodnight last night" and had NO idea that her comment had even annoyed us (even though hubby had instantly said "shall we turn the telly off then? - my mum is a complete telly addict!)  Ho hum, I know that all probably sounds really pathetic after some of the stories on here!

Sorry not to name-check people and hello to the newbies.  Vixo - hope you have news soon!  I'm heading to bed in a minute, I'm exhausted from this week!

Oh and we went to see Sophie's nursery for September this afternoon - made me feel like she's all grown-up, but in an excited rather than sad way.  We are quite excited about getting her nursery uniform (though haven't looked at the prices yet!)!

• Options

JG- I saw your facebook posts- it really does hit home how time flies when you have birthdays or pass major milestones like starting nursery/ school. Will she have the nursery now which feeds into school? Can't imagine forking out for nursery uniform if it was only for a yr or so? Funny how people are fixed on specific things..... tell your mum you are thinking of getting a coin operated tv.

JT- you are right it was none of her business -exept she thought we had £1000 grant money for the centre sat unspent which she ordered me to hand over or hand back otherwise she would be reporting me for fraud. I have now written to confirm the money in our savings (an account opened with a round £1000 for convenience) was raised through traditional fundraising by ourselves but because the centre were thinking of building a conservatory and toddlers would have helped with furnishings it was set aside (some 13 yrs ago...). Can't believe I'm making myself ill over it......

Lotte- glad you took your rest day, they are vital in keeping you well.

• Options
    Camlo - that sounds weird - maybe someone else had given her a load of incorrect information? Some people are just mental though.

TB - I wouldn't worry about the weight too much unless you keep losing, I had a brief moment at the tail end of b-feeding where I dropped a bit more but I obviously compensated and am back to my fairly standard weight (although I could do with dropping about half a stone to be honest).

I wonder if Vixo has any news yet?

CM - what bad luck - probably worth reporting to police as the hauliers should be responsible for moving things safely and it might have caused a nasty accident.

Hee - we went to bed so early last night that Martha woke me up at 9.40pm after a bad dream! Hubby is still a bit jetlagged and I think the 5am wake ups are getting to me a bit, although we have had a massive improvement on the sleeping generally so I can't complain!

Good weekend everyone!
  • Options
    No news! 36 hours of contractions every 7-10 minutes which have now fizzled in to nothing. Luckily, I managed to sleep most of last night after everything settled down as I was getting pretty desperate - in pain and exhausted. Still feeling pretty fed up to be honest as the contractions had got reasonably painful, and now I know I've got to go through it all again. If someone offered me a c-section now I'd chew their hand off to get this baby out! Oh well, what will be will be. Luckily hubby has been off so has been doing all the childcare, taking Isabelle to nursery, housework etc. He says he's ready for the baby to arrive today - he's got done the things he wanted to with his time off!!

Sorry, can't remember what else has been said! Rather self-absorbed at the moment!
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭

I haven't properly read back - posts are far too prolific! - but just popping in to say that I'm still alive (just) and roll on 5pm, because then I'm off on hols for the next two weeks to (hopefully) sunny Spain!  Weather can't possibly be any worse than it's been here this past week.  Just about to have our conference barbecue lunch - indoors image

I'm absolutely knackered and really need the break - yesterday was the first day of the conference (which I organise) and I was up at 5:40am and got home at 10:40pm.  Spent the whole day tearing round making sure everything was set up properly, answering queries/requests from the delegates, solving a room bookings crisis during lunch (!) and generally overseeing everything.  Then conference dinner at a really posh hotel which was fab but had a bit too much champagne so didn't sleep very well!  Woke up at 5:20am after a restless night and now feel completely done in.  Never mind, the last paper finishes in 10 minutes then there's lunch and then that's it!  A few loose ends to tie up this afternoon then I can go off on holiday with a clear conscience image  All I need now is some suncream!

Vixo, really hope that the baby arrives soon for you!

• Options

oh vixo - that sounds awful. i know so many people who have had the start - stop thing over several days and it is soooo draining. hopefully you are now a few cms dilated, so you won't have to do that particular bit all over again. and when it happens, hopefully it will be full swing.

minks - happy holidays!! sounds like you need it after that week...

• Options

E had her first nursery visit today as she starts on 29th june. she loved it apparently. image

a ROFL moment with her father earlier. i asked if anything had come home from school this week about the strikes. am thinking maybe they might say whether they are shutting / opening school etc if they have made a decision on that, although i know technically the teachers don't have to say whether they are striking or not. he said 'no, but i'm sure there is no problem. i'm sure they will lay something on'. lay something on?!?! what?!?! i don't think so. it's his day technically but he is going abroad so has asked me to look after the kids.  ooooo the hardship... i for one will be hoping they don't 'lay something on'. i have no idea what he meant by that!! and who does he think will do the 'laying on' if everyone is striking?!

• Options
    Vixo - LOL at hubby saying he's ready for baby to come today, sounds like you've been ready for a while now. Fingers crossed all happens soon for you, c'mon out littl'un!!

CM - you've got to laugh at T's delusions! Good that you get an extra day with the kids though.

Minks - hope you have a fantastic relaxing holiday and plenty of time to put your feet up and relax, sounds like a mad couple of days there.

I'm at home today (yay!) so off in a minute to look at some kitchens. Have had a couple of quotes this week for conservatories so just need to price up a new kitchen and see how much we'd have left for the other building work I want to do to take out chimney breast and put partition wall back in. Can't wait to get started which may be quite soon as the conservatory company we're probably going to use said they can start within about 7 to 10 days. With any luck will have a completely new ground floor by the end of the summer.

Not much running done this week as did something to my neck yesterday morning when diving out of bed to go and stop Issie shouting and waking Anna up. Still doesn't feel right today and can't straighten my neck yet so don't think I'll risk a run today either. Was such a stupid way to get injured, basically went from lying down half asleep to trying to suddenly sit up without engaging any muscles anywhere. Clearly I'm getting far too old when I can manage to do my neck in by just getting out of bed. Ggggrr!

Our 6th wedding anniversary this weekend so have a babysitter for Sunday night so we can go out for dinner. Also looking forward to getting my wedding dress out again. I try it on every year on our anniversary but couldn't fit into it last year as I'd just had Anna so it's been a couple of years now, hope it fits okay this year!

Have a good weekend everyone.