Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

"What do I have to be so happy about"?

16/09/07 7.7m 1.13.46 c 909 AHR 154 MHR240 F 46g
    That was a comment from one of two lamp post painters at Mahjacks at the end of Whitehall road this morning as I passed with my customary hello. The answer is simple, I am out there running! Was it me or was everyone miserable today? why when it is such a lovely morning?
    I didn't run yesterday as I was feeling sorry for myself and went back to bed and that was that. Today is Lolly's 8th birthday so I was originally going to cut it short but it is gorgeous outside. Beautiful sunshine splashing tree's and a autumnal chill to keep the body temperature down, superb. The addition of the half mile of the green is great. nice soft ground to ease the strain after 6+ miles. Back to running on my high arches all the time now, the pain is disappearing from my knee. A combination of that and the glucosamin tablets. The added I must have looked in pain as i was streching a young girl (early 20's) asked if I was ok? Do I look in pain? As I neamed a big smile! image

Jog Watch a healthy 4 

imageKeep on running! image

• Options

Off to the seaside for the Hoylake 10K this morning in aid of the upkeep of sensory and soft play facilities for children with special needs

first 5K quite brisk along road, sea wall and rutted tracks, past Leasowe lighthouse and to the turn, only to face a force 5 or 6-er for the second half!  Out 'n' backs get you like that.  Beautiful views out to sea, the ever-changing cloud banks contrasting with the white horses on the tide and the vast expanse of sand in between.  Closer to the finish, the hills of West Kirby sparkled in the sun and there was just a hint of the Welsh mountains through the cloud.

22 min. to the turn, 24 min. coming back.  Great fun, all runners united in their spite against the elements, and a certificate & t-shirt at the end.

• Options

18 miles 2hrs 58 pleasing run, 39mins quicker than same distance 1yr ago (shows how bad i was then!) - near disaster, left in a hurry and forgot vaseline, had to go back, so actually ran 18.5

Jogwatch: 0

Roadkill: 1 rat, 1 grass snake, 5 rabbits, 1 squirrel, 1 pheasent. Saw no living creatures!

• Options
    that's verging on genocide, mr lard.
  • Options
    Sore knees and a slight hangover - wasn't in the best of shape to run 17.1 garmin measured miles yesterday around most of the route of the North Downs Run, lovely bright day, autumn has definitely arrived though with the changing colours of the leaves. 
  • Options

Friday night - a torturous 3.5 miles on trails.  Lovely night though - gorgeous views from the hill, beautiful castle gardens, lots of people out and about.

Must get out again soon - motivation lacking though.

• Options

After a two hours surf at a spot a good 20 mins paddle away (N Cornwall) on Saturday, was late back to meet my wife (7 months pregnant so not surfing) so had to run about half a mile in total up the beach in soft sand - Exhausting!

Great surf though image

• Options

Quick run-down as i've not had time to go on here for a while:

Sunday 9 September: Great Yorkshire Run 10K.  56:15.  PB, but still slightly behind target.  Enjoyed this one, but felt tough for the last 2K due to the heat.  Jogwatch: blimey, loads obviously!

Wednesday 12 September: arrived home from work pissed off by stress.  Felt agitated and mentally tired, but thought a run might sort me out even though I've been working overtime a lot recently and haven't had a lot of energy.  Originally thought I'd done 7 miles, but turns out I was running very slowly and only did 6.7 miles.  Still, beautiful orange sunset over the peaks, meditation; felt so much better.  Jogwatch: 3

Friday 14 September: 5.6 miles run home from work with rucksack.  Tough, as always is running home due to it all being uphill and the weariness of the day, but a little faster than the last time I ran this route (55 mins approx.).  Jogwatch: 7

Sunday 16 September: 9.9 miles (damn! not quite 10!).  Nice semi-rural run - hills, trees, but a fair amount of car-dodging.  Managed to haul myself out early in the morning despite going to a hen-do the night before, and felt so good that I had so much of the day left after a decent run.  Sunny, beautiful cloud formations; but very windy - which had the effect of cooling me down, whilst at the same time slowing me down somewhat. 1 hr 43 mins. Jogwatch: 29

...which brings me to the fact I realise I've actually run 22 miles in the past week - biggest weekly mileage for a long while! Feel absolutely dead chuffed, particularly with everything else in my life being a bit crap at the moment.  Running's definitely keeping me sane and I'm gonna do more!!!!  Was worried my motivation was disappearing with the work-stress, but it actually seems to be on the increase!image

• Options

Lady Pineapple - Well done some really nice runs bagged there.  Sounds quite a busy area for runners, I'm lucky if I Jogwatch more than 1 person a week.image

Monday 17 September 2007 – 4.05 pm – Trail run - Castle Park, Frodsham.

3.11 miles –22: 01:12 – 7: 05 min/mile ave. – 617 ft asc.– Mountian Bear Gladiators (2).

Jog Watch  1

I was ummimng and arring over what run to do today and decided on this one at the last minute. I thought I’d have a crack at my course record which stood at 23:54.65.

A cracking little run from the car park in Castle Park. Starts on a nasty little slope and my legs just weren’t interested, I eventually got moving through the park, scaring the squirrels, took the racing line down the steps leaped the stream, ducked under the big tree and off to the first alleyway thing left up Park Rd and left again in to the second alley where I was slowed by two separate pedestrians and I had to run through the nettles to pass them.  Over Howley Lane and on to the bridle path, on recent runs this has been a total quagmire but, even though it had been raining today was in quite good shape.  Was definitely into my stride now and feeling good.  The I hit the first switchback and started the climb to the top of Frodsham Hill, it’s relatively easy at first but once I started on the zigzags my lung were bursting and my thighs were burning. Onto the top, round the monument and off on the downhill section.  Although downhill my legs were struggling to shake off the affects of the climb and it took a while to get going again.  By the time I came off the Baker’s Dozen steps I was flying, this is where I passed another runner going the other way.  Back on to the bridle path, over Howley Lane again, through the alleys empty this time, back into the park and pushing for the line.

I couldn’t remember what my best time was for this route and 22: 01 looked rather slow at first but it turns out it’s nearly 2 minutes faster so I can’t really complain.  Just missing out on going under 22 mins means I’ll have to go back and get a 21 something, preferably a 21:45 as that break the 7 minute mile barrier.

Thoroughly enjoyed this blast on the trails, short and sweet.image

• Options

There was just time for  quick one after work before picking daughter up from the station.

5km, 26:20.30.

A short loop at high Vinalls in the mortimer Forest. Enough climbing (and descending), to make it interesting - about 200m elevation- but firm, easy forest rack for about 3k, and even the narrow footpaths were still dry, despite the rain earlier.

From High Vinalls car park, taking the track west of High Vinalls and climbing up to the South side of the hill. Took a while to get a rhythm going, but the climbing settled me down into a reasonable pattern. Along Climbing Jack common then steeply up to the lookout on High Vinalls, followed by a very enjoyable descent back to the start. Gave a buzzard the fright of its life - it took off from the ground about 5m in front of me. The mad descent was the only place that I saw anyone - a walker with three cracking dalmations. Forgot my garmin, so just ran comfortable and enjoyed myself.

Jogwatch 0 (again)

• Options

Whoa, who turned off the heat? image

18/09/07 5.23m  47.30 c 567 AHR150 MHR 233 F 29g
    Out in the dark this morning. dark blue sky, bright yellow light's and yes it was a tad chilly. Yep, winter hurtles towards us. I wasn't going to let that stop me. I wasn't sure which route to take today I opted for a loop. I was really running well, I was up on my toes and moving quite fast. Best sight of the day was ascending Hillingdon Hill with the silhouette of the church tower backed up by  a navy blue back drop, beautiful!
    Bad show with runners today, not a solitary bean but every pedestrian got a hearty "HELLO" Fr0m me today, some replied some just stayed miserable.

Jog watch - 0

• Options

4.5 km - 27.50 mins.

Not bad for me considering the last half was all uphill!! I must now be an official runner!! It was dark and raining and I still went out!!

Don't know if my lungs aren't used to the cold, but my chest really felt heavy and for the beginning ten mins or so, felt out of breath (more than usual). Hoping that it's got something to do with the weather. It's the run I usually do and I haven't had this prob before image

• Options

What are all these funny numbers?!

I just run, get puffed out, come back, sweat a lot, then have a shower and ache for a bit. 

• Options

More numbersimage

Tuesday 18 September 2007 – 3:55 pm – Castle Park 5k – Frodsham.

3.11 miles –21:12:99 – 6:49 min/mile ave. – 617 ft asc.– Mountain Bear Gladiators (2).

Jog Watch  0

Same run as yesterday but faster.  Didn’t see any runners today, but did see the man with the spaniels and the old bloke with the walking frame again.  Got chased by an English setter who wanted to play. Nearly got run over trying to cross the road, that cost me a second I reckon.  Working to hard to notice the scenery. Another super fun run.image

• Options

5 miles 41:17

Bit on the chilly side, but a nice easy run to start the week, sweated a lot, but did'nt get puffed out, and don't ache either, maybe i'm not trying hard enough! image

• Options

About 7k alongside the river we overlook through woods and fields, the lovely cool autumn air acting like a human turbocharger.

Absolutely blasted it, didn't seem to get tired, 30m08s.

Buzzing! 

• Options

I've got a stinking cold today, so I wouldn't normally run, but today was the annual "Hare and Hounds" at our school, and I had agreed to be the hare.

2.22km, 8:06.11

jogwatch 217!

A great event, entirely voluntary. 210 pupils ran (more than a quarter of the school), along with 8 staff. A good portion of the rest of the pupils and staff were out marshalling or supporting.

Lovely sunny day, if rather cool. We ran a different route this year, cutting out the farmyard, for obvious reasons, so there were a lot of twists, turns and bottlenecks to negotiate. I didn't run as fast as I should, but I don't want to push it with a cold when I've got a 10k on Sunday. At least I wasn't caught - but I'm pretty sure that one of my year 11 students recorded a faster time (so he should - he's one of the stars of my cross country team!)

The only down side was that as this took place in the lunch break I didn't have time to eat because I was on funnel duty. Just as well I decided not to run in the evening so I could have my butties after school.

• Options

5 miles 42:13

Just another day...easier than of late, due to it being a step back week.

Roadkill: rabits 2

• Options

image Super Impressed by everyone, you are addictive! image

19/09/07 5.86m 53.15 c 690 AHR156 MHR 238 F 34g
    Second time outwith the HH Runners. Nice friendly bunch with different aspirations. What was meant to be a speed session turned into a group run along the same route as last week with a spur off at Les Road and up to the Prince of Wales. It is dark now so not much to see, just lots of lights. Felt good and easy, even managing to chat most of the time.
    Job well done!
    Jog Watch - 0 (other than us).

Power On! 

• Options

My first run in a week due to my knees playing silly buggers, so I thought I'd rest them up.  I felt like a right lard arse for not doing any exercise so I was RARING to go!

5.13 miles, 53 mins, 10.19 min/mile

Not a bad run to say it was the first in a week, although my hamstrings are aching today.  Lungs felt good, legs felt OK and knees were slightly 'burning' towards the end but I iced them up whilst watching Heroes and they feel fine this morning.

Jog watch - the whole of Stourbridge Running Club going the opposite way past Crystal Leisure Centre 'hello' hello' 'hi' 'hi' 'evenin' 'hi' 'hello'............image

• Options
    Ooops image  Sorry Lard Arse - no offence taken by calling myself a lard arse I hope!
  • Options

Club run  lincoln Hartsholme runners  8.5 miles  8 30 per mile.

Pace got gradually quicker and quicker untill only 2 of us left at the front working very hard as we only usually nine min mile on a wednesday night!

Felt fast very engoyable though

• Options

oops forgot

jog watch=4

• Options

image This was a hard one guy's image

21/09/07 4.33m 38.56 c 492 AHR 159 MHR 240 F 24g
    The hardest I have run for ages, I don't mean effort but it just hard work! I left late today do to not getting everything in order so I had to cut it short. I raced through the lights at Sweet Lane but when I got to Honeycroft I just felt I began to fade nothing inside could make me run any faster. even the descent down Long Lane was slow. Nothing much to cheer about today. No other joggers and only about 6 people out in general. Of course they all got a HELLO!
    Must try harder over the weekend!

• Options

Jogwatch: 1 

I saw a runner yesterday! Amazing, I've never seen them before on my route!

10.1km in exactly 1.00.00. First run over 1 hour/10km run this season on asphalt. I chose to run in soft cheap shoes (asics Mohawk) instead of my half-worn 2110s and we both, me and my legs didn't regret.

• Options

A little run on the old tredders last night.

2.1 miles - 19.50 mins. 

Did 20 mins on the x-trainer first.

Jogwatch 0

Fat birds walking (slowly) on the treadmill whilst talking about pies - 2 

Fat bird just sat on the hand rower watching telly - 1

Blokes showing off with weights - 7

• Options

Diana - LOL at gym watch image

iRUN - sorry if this has been asked before but what do all your numbers mean?  I get some of them but you've lost me on the rest image image

• Options

Fell asleep yesterday afternoon, was meant to do 5 miles, but i've swapped that for tomorrow so today...

8 miles 1hr 2:47  fast for me image

Jogwatch: 0  , peacocks: 2 , 17yr old idiots riding mopeds, who spent the summer kicking footballs at the plants in my garden: 3 image