Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

Welcome back Matt

5.25M Fartlek Hard.

• Options

Birkmyre - How early do you actually get up in the mornings??  Does your job start early?

The sort of time you post your messages I only ever see when I'm going on holiday!!

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Ha Ha! I have often wondered that Jamie!  It must be very very early to run 5 miles then post here by 5.26.

7.6 miles today.  Quite an easy pace at just over 9mm.

• Options

Hello people,

Nice one Matt and Metfan and good running by stalwarts like Alib, Birkmyre and Swittle, the master streaker!

Me: 5M race in a Immigration Detention Centre near here. Very low key event. I actually came second in 32.32. All on grass, nice runaround. The winner was a minute quicker so could not quite challenge for the honour of winning a race no matter how small. Still, enjoyable stuff.

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Congratulations, Dutch Francis - just on 6:30 miles too!

Thanks also for the Streaking mention: 171 days yesterday evening image

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Well done Dutch!  Second is Fantastic!  I could only dream about coming that far up the field image

Kids finished school today so I will have to get my runs in early morning or evening from now on. I dont want to drop miles as I really want to do well at the Great North.   I have a 2 week holiday just before so will have to try  and run early morning in Cyprus.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Big congrats to metfan on the 5k, and Dutch on the 5m (Immigration Detention Centre? Did the winner get a passport and a place on the GB Olympic team?)

Ran my 2.65 miles yesterday which went okay. Ran it today, and it was spectacularly uncomfortable. Weak when running, and my lower leg was throbbing after I'd stopped. Thought I'd nailed it down to the anterior outside of the shin, but today pain was all around the inside of the shin and around the ankle. Iced it which eventually got rid of the pain. Oddly I've no twinges or on and off aches tonight which is unusual, though it is tightly compressed.

Anyway, I'll stop moaning now. Run run run you lucky people.
  • Options
    Morning a 5.25M Steadyish run for me today. Not too bad at all.
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭
    Parkrun this morning and a PB, Improvement of 38 seconds I think so I am really pleased.  I finally feel as though I am improving.
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Left it late but enjoyed 5 miles road/trail/beach locally last night
  • Options
    Just getting back into running regularly again after a long lay off due to a knee injury. Knee finally seems good after 2 years of injury and niggling pain. Have been kept to running minimal mileage but will look to increase distances again, now that everything seems fine.

2 miles in 14:38. Felt good, no pain will go for a longer but slower run next time.
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Easy does it, Kit Man image

Around Crosby Coastal Park @ midday for 4.9 miles to bring up 40 for the week, a number I've not seen since last year.image

• Options

well done Alib! Such a jump forward was always on the cards!

Well done Kit Man, and as Swittle says, don't overdo it!

Me: 19M on the South Downs Way, in 2:47. Always beautiful always hard.

• Options
    Hi all, not been able to get online for a few days so hope all your runs have gone well, I may not have been online but that doesn't mean I been slacking off

So my last 3 runs image

Wednesday - 4.8m XC race, two days of rain before hand meant a nice soggy ground to run on, third best finish of the series for me.

Thursday - LSR of 14m in just over the 2hr mark

Friday - back out in the New Forest for a 7m XC training session

Ands that my trail shoes cleaned twice in a week......gotta love the mud image
  • Options
    4.2 miles in 34:07, felt good always enjoy running when the sun is shining. Knee held up well no pain at all.
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Thanks Dutch. I was  really pleased. 

Nice Long run for you today, you are obviously well on with your marathon training for September.   I feel slightly guilty as I missed todays run as I had a very late night out and felt too tired.  I think I might  get up early tomorrow and do 6 miles.

Welcome Kit Man,

• Options
    This mornings effort......up with the birds

8 miles in a tad over 1hr in 10mins

Nice to have the New Forest all to myself before the mountain bikers start tearing around.
  • Options

Morning 5.5M Fartlek

Hard Monday session. Dry, warmish and no wind carcking day for it.

• Options

morning folks

8M into work with 5.65k in 22:30 tempo run. That's 10k pace basically and felt pretty good.

• Options

and afternoon folks!

10M back at a steady pace, 8m/M. Training going well at the moment.

• Options

Dutch: Cracking 19miler at weekend.

No run so far as washing machine brokenimage. New one arriving laterimage

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Morning, folks.  Yesterday, I ran the 12.2 miles of the Wirral Way between West Kirby [nr Hoylake] and Hooton, close to Chester.  Superb surfaces and breathtaking scenery, including a British Railways station fully resored to 1950s trim.  Took a water stop there! image  Back to base on the Metrorail.
  • Options

Sounds good Swittle!

Hope that the Birkmyre household will have a working washing machine again soon!

Me; 9k tempo, 37.12. Wasn't up for it when I put my gear on but my legs were actually happy as Larry once I got warmed up!

• Options
    5 miles on the treadmill earlier. Nothing fast, but felt good.
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Done a couple of 2.65 miles, and a 3 miles today. Doing lots of stuff on shin, and hopefully things are slowly improving.
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

4 mile summer league race a multi terrain with about a mile (at least) off road in 30.16.  It was the last of the club summer league races which is a shame really as I have really enjoyed them.

Next race is a local 10K on 7th August then it will be the GNR in September.

• Options
    Hi all......New to this posting messages, but can see the attraction.

Went out this morning on an overcast start to the day, but did a reasonable 3.5m in 30mins so I was pleased.

Longer run last Sunday, but slowly getting there.
  • Options

5M Easy off road on a lovely aestual  (it means 'associated with summer' image) morning. Okay run

Washing machine arrives today, dunno why my me not running  would have made any difference to daily wash load. 1 t-shirt, shorts and pair of socks...image

Crabster: you're most Welcome here. Good to have you with us.

• Options

Welcome Crabster!

Me; 10M in, at a steady pace. I increasingly find that plodding at 8m/M goes very easy.....

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Welcome, Crabster - this a terrific thread for information & for motivation.  image

Thanks, Dutch - photos on FBk if anyone's interested.  Think the heat must've got to me as I was quite lethargic y'day but managed a light gym sesh and 2.4 miles around Waterloo at 9pm.  Phew!