Options

Draycote Water 35

Comments

• Options

well done Gobi, tho you are naughty for running

very happy with an hour off my pb and a marathon pb to boot(tho i tried vedry hard NOT to mara pb cos of the pyschology of it all)

really sociable race

fab weather

fab organisation(as always)

I love this ultra

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

hipps well done, an hour!!!!! Gasp.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Nice one Hipps,

I know I know and I felt the effects for sure.

I am about to eat something and have had some fluids
  • Options

good to hear that Gobi

God you have taken off some weight since i last saw you

Ta wabo-but the pb was soft really, lets face it

Hope your scaitica clears soon

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

hey well done Hipps....you were going and looking great when I passed you and then when I saw you on your last lap.

I got 4.58 which I was pleased with given un ideal preparations. Mara was 3.38 I think...which is actually my 4th quickest marathon time!

Took me bliddy ages to get home....well to worcs where I have just enjoyed some food.

Well done Gobi on your performace. Also good skills to Shaw who put in a cracking run too!

Have to say that I thought it was wonderful of the organisers to give Mick n Phil a prize.....they thorougly deserve it!!!! 

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Strangely I seem to have changed shape as my weight is still the same.

You ran fantastically well

regards

G

ps. I had beans on toast and some Orange Juice
  • Options
    Wow, great going all round! Well done on those PB's, Hippo image
  • Options

I didnt know mick and phil got a prize

mick never said!

grat stiff Nick, and Gobi, glad you have eaten summat

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Bad luck Colin, never mind you can save yourself for Conne.

Gobi - that was a daft decision to run but well done anyway, I hope you recover well

Hippo - brilliant...what time did you do?

Who won and in what time?

• Options
    well it wasn't me !
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    ed - that's only cos you haven't been training for this...it's a bit short for you nowimage
  • Options
    My salad tastes real good
  • Options

i was caught by kaz... and she commented we wouldnt make 6....... and told me we were on 5:56 ..... just over 1/2mile to go. worth a try i thought and made a dash for it.

came over the hump before the finish and peered at the clock and picked up the pace as much as i could whilst yelling "aw come on.. gimme a break!"

6:00:01 .. maybe... not sure what the timekeepers wrote down image

• Options
    dunno who won shades i was home by then as i only live 30 mins away from draycote, while i was there one of the scottish lads was in the lead & running well
  • Options

Well done everyone

Thank you Hammie for getting me there and back very much appreciated.

Gobi - well done- I suppose  machines dont have commonsense lol That was a truly inspiring run under the circumstances

MicknPhil - what can I say , true grit , a legend in the making

Tracey - nice to meet you more than once

Snowwy - well done are you changing your name ?

Hippo - what was the rush for ? lol

Kaz - well done - you done it - nice to meet you

Ultra Cas - you did what you had to do - nice to meet you

Missed you Nick l - too fast for me

Someones been missed off - so a slap for me - btw got 3 pbs today , one not planned for oops

• Options

Hi folks, I'm home too.

Great to meet so many of you.  Well done Hippo, excellent run, and just to your goal Nick, A PB for Gobi despite nothing to eat for 24hrs.  What ideal weather!

This was one of my two big target races for the year, and I'd reallly tapered for it, and thought the training had gone pretty well, though looking back last night I hadn't actually had as many high mileage weeks or as many 20+s as I usually have before a marathon, mostly because I didn't start the high mileage training early enough. Feb sort of caught me unaware!

Target: 5hrs/8:30 pace, but working from a table in Noakes I reckoned I shouldn't let my HR get above  140 too early, and  MP+20secs should be possible, which I would usually reckon 8:20

Started off comfortably enough at 8:30 pace very evenly for first 6ml, and 137 HR.  In 5th place from the first mile, and stayed there. 4th would have guarenteed me the age group prize, as 1st outside top 3.  7-15ml still comfortable, though a little bored and feeling the pace; drifted to av c 8;40, and 139HR, then 16-21. 8;50, but felt I needed to slow as HR was drifting above 140; average for this section 142, dithering between wanting to push on, and slow to keep HR lower.  With c 2.5 laps to go decide to forget about HR; pace became more erratic as I went though good and worse patches, and feeling the hills now. Through marathon in 3:54 (intended 3:43), 50k in 4:40, 23 mins inside Epney time, but 16mins slower than goal.  Then mind over matter till the end.  This is the big race; I'll be dissapointed if I'm not stiff and tired tomorrow and most of next week, but still slowed to 9mm, while HR rose to 159.  really worked in last 2ml but couldn't get above 9mm.   Finished in 5:16,, outside goal time, and apart from usual bits of cramp felt fine soon after finish.  

I don;t think I'd allowed for HR drift so early, and was pretty evelnly slower than goal pace.   I really don't think I could have done any better with the training I've done.  Finished 5th, which I'm happy with, though a bit dissapointed that the 4th women was in my age group too, so missed out on the age group prze; if I had made my 5hr target I would have been 3rd though.  I'll have to work harder next year! 

• Options
    Well done everyone who pb'd!
  • Options

shades, just under 6.32

did a mara pb of 4.44, tried SO hard not to though

Ultra cas-well, after 80 miles only 3 weeks ago at T2t-i am amazed you were running

well done dunc, and hammie, and cas, and ed, and Mick  and Nick and tracey and colin  and snowwy and everyone

TMR-you were looking relaxed

Good day wasnt it

• Options

well done everyone

shaw pye - top man 5th place in 3:55:53 not bad for your second ultra ( GUCR here you come )

Hippo - what can i say, you looked like you were having a ball today and you look fantastic image

• Options

PB'd

We PW at ...  5.25

• Options
    good to see you two again.... was amaaaazing weather for a wee run !
  • Options
    well done everyone...great to hear you all did well.......thanks for the support mick,great to hear too you got to take home a prize...bet phil is trilled to bits...cheers too if any of you other guys and gals gave me a shout on the way round...bit new to this forum so don't know many of you that well..........any road i'm disappointed now but tomorrow begins training for the connamarathon in april...i understand brian cole & gez bragg are running there too...brian like me had to DNF today too.......only one race for me between now and then (bedford...oakley 20 )..thats me done now on this draycote age....i now move over to the connamarathon 08 page........col
  • Options

Mick, i said it already on fetch

but---------hell after your stupendous run at Gloucester you are allowed a bad day at the office

and whats this about a prize?:

Mark, i did enjoy hugging you

• Options

Oh, i'm happy, i have no regrets.. we had a wonderful day

i'll report in full later.. i'm tired

• Options

Well done to all of you.

Special Woohoo to Hippo. Brilliant stuff!

Checking out of thread.

Happy running everyone!

• Options

Cas just dropped me off.  Very quick check in - nice hot bath awaits.  Will have to fosbury flop to get in - not sure how i get out!!!

Will catch you all later.

• Options

Hello!

Was brilliant to see so many of you today.

Sorry you couldn't run Mark, hope you get thngs sorted soon, and UC.........what Hipps said!

Douglas thank you so much for your company, was fab as always.

TmR, was lovely to talk to you at the end, and you are quite right, I am now going to concentrate on London and actually train a bit faster for some of it.

I had an ok run, did 6.06, which was 11mins down on last year. Why? I guess I am only training slow and I realise that T to T did take some out of me. Got to sort out my right hamstring which is stopping me stretching out properly, and now is the time to do it I guess.

Mick, Phil certainly knows how to get kisses!

Congratulations to the first timers and all those who PB'd.

• Options
    Lol LMAO , he don't follow me !
  • Options

It was lovely to see you both.

Forgt to say a massive well done to Gobi, you certainly looked a lot better than you must have felt.

• Options
    I'm a bit tired , so will watch some interesting snooker for a while , oh and thank Mrs MD for child minding , as long as its low energy thanks lol